Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 4/26/2023 10:58:28 PM EDT
SWAT Officer Shoots Suspect Attempting To Stab Police K-9

Apparently Jacksonville SWAT has an armored Bobcat.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/26/2023 11:05:42 PM EDT
[#1]

JSO needs M119A1's. I hope the Mal's hearing is okay.
Link Posted: 4/26/2023 11:06:11 PM EDT
[#2]
They had it 10 years ago when I left that dump.
Link Posted: 4/26/2023 11:07:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Rook.  Probably from a federal grant. Agency here has one.  Was purchased on federal grant,  Times I’ve seen it used, it actually seemed to work well
Link Posted: 4/26/2023 11:08:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
I've never been there.  What's it like?
Link Posted: 4/26/2023 11:09:37 PM EDT
[#5]
In my day dogs were expendable tools and we were not allowed to shoot suspects attacking them. I’m still going to say Good shoot since that guy wasn’t going to surrender.
Link Posted: 4/26/2023 11:11:02 PM EDT
[#6]
The Russians in Molotov had a way of dealing with Nazi tanks...
Link Posted: 4/26/2023 11:20:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Pick one:

1. Bad shoot.

2. Citizens can kill cops when they threaten your dog.

Sicking a dog on people, then shooting them for trying to defend themselves from the dog, is absolute horseshit.

I hope the family sues the ever living fuck out of them until they can't afford to feed a dog.
Link Posted: 4/26/2023 11:24:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Pick one:

1. Bad shoot.

Sicking a dog on people, then shooting them for trying to defend themselves from the dog, is absolute horseshit.

I hope the family sues the ever living fuck out of them until they can't afford to feed a dog.
View Quote
I'm sure the guy was just walking down the street, minding his own business, when the dog attacked him.
Link Posted: 4/26/2023 11:24:55 PM EDT
[#9]
THREAD TITLE
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/26/2023 11:29:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I think it was a GSD, not a mal.
Link Posted: 4/26/2023 11:30:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/26/2023 11:32:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I'm sure the guy was just walking down the street, minding his own business, when the dog attacked him.
View Quote
I lost. That was great!
Link Posted: 4/26/2023 11:40:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

If you are going to say something dumb, at least make sure it’s not wrong, because that squares the stupid and it comes out retarded.

The name Molotov Cocktail was originated by the Finns when they were broiling Russians in Russian tanks during the Winter War.
Link Posted: 4/26/2023 11:40:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Pick one:

1. Bad shoot.

View Quote

Welcome fellow…
Link Posted: 4/26/2023 11:41:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pick one:

1. Bad shoot.

I'm sure whatever he did instantly made his life worth less than a dog.

I'm not one of these hippies who cry over felons shot by cops, while doing dangerous felon things and threatening cops or citizens. But the dog thing is absolute horseshit. It's indefensible to shoot a person for defending themselves from your attack dog, that you just deliberately sicked on them.

That was premeditated murder. Fuck those guys. And fuck anyone who sanctions that nonsense.
Link Posted: 4/26/2023 11:41:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Pick one:

1. Bad shoot.

View Quote

So a guy stabbing your dog with the intent to escape isn't going to use the knife on the officers next? REALLY?
Link Posted: 4/26/2023 11:45:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Can you pansies please post non age restricted bullshit vidjyuhs!?
Link Posted: 4/26/2023 11:46:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Pick one:

1. Bad shoot.

View Quote
Thank you blue state 2023 no EE feedback anti-police poster.  I do appreciate the opinion and will give it careful regard.
Link Posted: 4/26/2023 11:48:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Pick one:

1. Bad shoot.

View Quote
Fuck that piece of shit and I hope it fucking hurt.
Link Posted: 4/26/2023 11:50:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

used to visit every summer, my granny lived there. it’s the armpit of the south. it stinks, literally, and it’s full of dingleberries.
Link Posted: 4/26/2023 11:50:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

If you are going to say something dumb, at least make sure it’s not wrong, because that squares the stupid and it comes out retarded.

The name Molotov Cocktail was originated by the Finns when they were broiling Russians in Russian tanks during the Winter War.
View Quote

In fairness, he did say something dumb, like a dumb person would say.  So, he's consistent.
Link Posted: 4/26/2023 11:51:37 PM EDT
[#22]
….and the quarterback is toast.

Link Posted: 4/26/2023 11:52:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I'm not one of these hippies who cry over felons shot by cops, while doing dangerous felon things and threatening cops or citizens. But the dog thing is absolute horseshit. It's indefensible to shoot a person for defending themselves from your attack dog, that you just deliberately sicked on them.

That was premeditated murder. Fuck those guys. And fuck anyone who sanctions that nonsense.
View Quote

So call me crazy but I looked the incident up. Guy had a history of violent DV. Was holding his GF hostage. Tried to pop out the back, swat engaged him with a less lethal round to no effect, sent the dog at him. Then he tried to get back into the house while stabbing the dog. If you’re not up on where the bar is for use of deadly force during hostage situations, you should probably look into it.
Link Posted: 4/26/2023 11:53:03 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

So a guy stabbing your dog with the intent to escape isn't going to use the knife on the officers next? REALLY?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pick one:

1. Bad shoot.

Oh we are killing people over assumptions now?

And you are assuming the guy wasn't just reacting to the reality that his choices are: 1. Get bit. 2. Stab attack dog. What is a typical and logical human reaction to that immediate animal threat?

I suppose it's impossible the guy would have noticed that he brought a knife to a gun fight in the open, with an entire swat team.

Maybe he surrenders, if he doesn't have a fucking dog about to bite him. Maybe he doesn't and gets shot 69 times. Either way, fine.

The dog thing is absolute bullshit. Premeditated murder. The handler knew exactly what was about to happen.
Link Posted: 4/26/2023 11:58:58 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

Molotov wasn't a place - it was a person.  Molotov was the Soviet Minister of Foreign Affairs from 1939 to after the end of the Second World War.  It was he who negotiated the Molotov Ribbentrop Pact, in which Germany and the Soviet Union declared a non-aggression pact and conspired to (among other things) invade and divvy up Poland, thereby presenting to the world that great Soviet gift commonly referred to as the Second World War.  Interestingly, Russia first broke the terms of the pact with their invasion of Bukovina in July 1940, a couple months before Germany broke their terms of the pact with a more dramatic invasion of the Soviet Union itself (truthfully, however, Germany's rather forceful renunciation of the non-aggression pact had nothing to do with the Soviet action in Bukovina, having been planned long before that).

The Molotov Cocktail was named after him not by the Soviets, but by the Finns, who used them against Soviet tanks during the Winter War of 1939.  This was a pejorative, and followed the similarly sarcastic naming of Soviet incendiary bombs as "Molotov's Breadbaskets" after Molotov explained on Soviet state radio that incendiary bombing of Finnish cities was actually "airborne humanitarian food deliveries."  The Molotov Cocktail was described by the Finns as "a drink to go with his food parcels."

Mike
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 12:04:36 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

So call me crazy but I looked the incident up. Guy had a history of violent DV. Was holding his GF hostage. Tried to pop out the back, swat engaged him with a less lethal round to no effect, sent the dog at him. Then he tried to get back into the house while stabbing the dog. If you’re not up on where the bar is for use of deadly force during hostage situations, you should probably look into it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Government agents manufacture a pretext to execute someone and follow through.  It's all good.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 12:06:50 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Pick one:

1. Bad shoot.

View Quote

I guess you didn't bother to read the article, because the correct answer certainly appears to be 3 - good shoot that resulted in everyone everywhere being better off with him gone.  

The man was being pursued after entering a former girlfriend's home and kidnapping her.  After police surrounded the residence, she escaped through a bathroom window and he then fled, with the police dog being used in attempt to apprehend him.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 12:07:55 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Government agents manufacture a pretext to execute someone and follow through.  It's all good.
View Quote

Beautiful take. Really. I loved it.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 12:08:42 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

Toasty!!
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 12:13:42 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote
I spent a summer in Molotov, have you visited there often?
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 12:17:40 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So call me crazy, a lot of the things you looked up sound like complete bullshit.

He was trying to run away. I deduced that by the fact that they announced it on the radio as it happened. The hostage would have been where he was running from, where the threat was so imminent, that they used non lethal to protect her. Then they all ran 3 houses over. I assume that means he's 3 houses away from any hostage he might have had (but maybe not).

They did not shoot him to protect a hostage. He was not trying to get back into a house. He was not near enough to a window or door where that was even an imminent threat, presuming that was even the house with the "hostage." Which as we already discussed, it probably was 2 or 3 houses away.  

From the info available, it seems very clear that they shot him to protect a dog. They weren't yelling "protect the hostage" or "keep him from turning to the window." They were yelling "don't let him stab him" in reference to the dog.

It's on video. Seems pretty clear and straight forward.

Maybe he is or was a scumbag. Maybe his ex girlfriend/wife is a lying bitch. Maybe a little of both.

We should not be killing people to protect dogs. Even shitty people. In that city, your life is worth less than a dog, whenever the cops think it's ok to do that. Definitely a great idea.

I guess I just think that someone who would shoot another person, to protect a dog... Is a bigger criminal than a guy who allegedly slapped around his wife/girlfriend. Is murder worse than assault?

Link Posted: 4/27/2023 12:18:04 AM EDT
[#32]
I question why you would inject a K-9 into that situation.

*not a K-9 cop.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 12:19:21 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pick one:

1. Bad shoot.

Was the dog being utilized lawfully and according to any rules or procedures established for K9 units for that department or not?

If so, good shoot.  The dog shouldn't have to die just for doing his job.

Dog or no dog, you don't have a right to "defend yourself" from police who are trying to lawfully effect an arrest.  

Link Posted: 4/27/2023 12:23:50 AM EDT
[#34]
Some people in GD really enjoying standing up for shit bags.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 12:37:14 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Was the dog being utilized lawfully and according to any rules or procedures established for K9 units for that department or not?

Dog or no dog, you don't have a right to "defend yourself" from police who are trying to lawfully effect an arrest.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pick one:

1. Bad shoot.

That's a lot of words to say that you think dogs lives are worth more than peoples.

As a bonus effect, police could use it to escalate and kill any suspect anytime they please. Sounds like a great plan. We should definitely give that authority to people like those Memphis cops. What could go wrong?

And I'm sure that if a cop or another citizen enters a citizen's property uninvited, and is attacked by the homeowners dog, it's cool for them to shoot the other person to protect their attacking dog right?

Does the answer change if the homeowner is an off duty cop with his cop dog?

Just because some dipshits have made this legal, doesn't make it right. It's murder. And you all know it. That's why none of you defending it will just plainly call it what it is: Killing a man to protect a dog.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 12:41:40 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Pick one:

1. Bad shoot.

View Quote

Tennessee v. Garner.  Under what conditions can the police use deadly force against an armed fleeing felon?
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 12:45:05 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I think it was a GSD, not a mal.
View Quote

It’s a Mal and good shoot.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 12:47:27 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I question why you would inject a K-9 into that situation.

*not a K-9 cop.
View Quote

Dogs faster
I think the handler figured he’d drop the knife.
Glad it worked out but that’s how lots of dogs get stabbed or shot by LEO.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 12:48:20 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

That's a lot of words to say that you think dogs lives are worth more than peoples.

As a bonus effect, police could use it to escalate and kill any suspect anytime they please. Sounds like a great plan. We should definitely give that authority to people like those Memphis cops. What could go wrong?

And I'm sure that if a cop or another citizen enters a citizen's property uninvited, and is attacked by the homeowners dog, it's cool for them to shoot the other person to protect their attacking dog right?

Does the answer change if the homeowner is an off duty cop with his cop dog?

Just because some dipshits have made this legal, doesn't make it right. It's murder. And you all know it. That's why none of you defending it will just plainly call it what it is: Killing a man to protect a dog.
View Quote
You sure do dislike cops, new poster. I'm sure your time here will be long and productive
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 12:48:26 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Tennessee v. Garner.  Under what conditions can the police use deadly force against an armed fleeing felon?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pick one:

1. Bad shoot.

I'm sure it says police dogs lives matter. And killing anyone who threatens your officer dog is plenty  cool. Also cops can kill anyone caught not returning their shopping cart to the corral.

And since some shithead lawyers think it's ok, we should all agree it's a moral practice and not murder.

Brilliant.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 12:53:03 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

THAT dog's life was worth more than THAT scumbag's life.  Clear?

Link Posted: 4/27/2023 12:53:41 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

So call me crazy
View Quote
You are and your desire to allow criminals escape and kill a police dog has been noted.  

He was an armed felon still engaged in felony behavior and that was before he started to carry out felony animal cruelty by trying to stab a dog, and all that is before adding in the charge that police K-9s are considered officers and the guy was essentially trying to stab a cop.  But you want the cops to let him run free.  Got it.

From the video description:

Klimenkoto threw items at police and appeared to still be armed with a knife, police said. He then fled the scene through several homes. Officers unleashed K-9 Zeke, and Klimenkoto appeared to be about to stab the dog. That's when police said he was shot. Klimenko died on scene. Klimenkoto was a convicted felon and had several warrants for charges involving this woman. He was reportedly terrorizing the woman for months, reports the Florida Times-Union.  Police say there were calls to service involving conflict between him and the ex-girlfriend since December 2022. The woman had tried to end the relationship and move "in secret," but the man was able to pursue her after he hacked into her email account and found evidence of where she was living, police said.

Link Posted: 4/27/2023 12:58:43 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
You are and your desire to allow criminals escape and kill a police dog has been noted.  

He was an armed felon still engaged in felony behavior and that was before he started to carry out felony animal cruelty by trying to stab a dog, and all that is before adding in the charge that police K-9s are considered officers and the guy was essentially trying to stab a cop.  But you want the cops to let him run free.  Got it.

Klimenkoto threw items at police and appeared to still be armed with a knife, police said. He then fled the scene through several homes. Officers unleashed K-9 Zeke, and Klimenkoto appeared to be about to stab the dog. That's when police said he was shot. Klimenko died on scene. Klimenkoto was a convicted felon and had several warrants for charges involving this woman. He was reportedly terrorizing the woman for months, reports the Florida Times-Union.  Police say there were calls to service involving conflict between him and the ex-girlfriend since December 2022. The woman had tried to end the relationship and move "in secret," but the man was able to pursue her after he hacked into her email account and found evidence of where she was living, police said.

View Quote
You and I are on the same side of the argument, but please stop with falsehoods that have been debunked here for well over a decade.

Find me the statute if you think I'm wrong.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 1:12:30 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So you are good making the police the judge, jury and executioner?

Just this one time?

What if we just remove the dog from consideration? Still cool to just shoot him in the back while running away?

Think of all the money we can save on those useless courts.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 1:19:02 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So call me crazy

Nice hyperbole.

Dog or no dog, that dude was trapped. Surrounded by a lot of cops. There were only two realistic possibilities: 1. Arrest 2. Death.

Releasing the hound on an amped up guy with a knife left one possibility. Murder.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 1:25:03 AM EDT
[#46]
I knew a couple of military working dog handlers and was familiar with their dogs as well.

They would have done the same thing in a similar situation except no cameras around.

Additionally, it's not like the guy didn't see at least one cop drawn out coming up on him.

I'm saying okay by me.

Seemed to be too stupid to be walking around and breathing up perfectly good air anyway.

I would have shot him too.

Just can't have them running wild all over the place habitually doing their criminal shit to the citizens making them victims.

I didn't grow up that way and neither should they.

Thumbs up.
Fuck um'.

He asked for it and had it given to him.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 1:44:28 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Nice hyperbole.

Dog or no dog, that dude was trapped. Surrounded by a lot of cops. There were only two realistic possibilities: 1. Arrest 2. Death.

Releasing the hound on an amped up guy with a knife left one possibility. Murder.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So call me crazy

Nice hyperbole.

Not murder, Justifiable Use of Deadly Force.
For the prevention of an armed felon from committing serious bodily harm or death to those near him, or those that could be encountered by him during his escape from apprehension. He has demonstrated that he will use deadly force if giving the opportunity and he has the ability to inflict serious bodily harm or death while armed with a deadly weapon. You really should read Tenn. vs Garner
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 1:51:55 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

So you are good making the police the judge, jury and executioner?

Just this one time?

What if we just remove the dog from consideration? Still cool to just shoot him in the back while running away?

Think of all the money we can save on those useless courts.
View Quote

Oh, I see..  you're just looking for some kind of intellectual masturbation here.  

The circumstances have been posted, and this guy had plenty of chances to not be in the position to get dead.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 1:59:38 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
You and I are on the same side of the argument, but please stop with falsehoods that have been debunked here for well over a decade.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@vanilla_gorilla

It would depend on the state.  I've heard cops in videos telling suspects that.  As for statutes the closest that I can find is Florida which makes it a second degree felony.  FL also classifies Aggravated assault on law enforcement officer as a second degree felony.  It is very similar.  Stabbing a cop would be aggravated assault and stabbing a police dog would cause great bodily harm to it; both are 2nd degree felonies in Florida.

Any person who intentionally and knowingly, without lawful cause or justification, causes great bodily harm, permanent disability, or death to, or uses a deadly weapon upon, a police canine, fire canine, SAR canine, or police horse commits a felony of the second degree which carries a 15 year term.  

Link Posted: 4/27/2023 3:23:10 AM EDT
[#50]
1,2,3,4.5.6….

Man.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top