Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 4:56:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Why put dog in danger, he had a weapon he wouldn’t drop it; taze him then if that doesn’t work shoot him.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 6:00:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thank you blue state 2023 no EE feedback anti-police poster.  I do appreciate the opinion and will give it careful regard.
View Quote

Another astrologist who things the stars you live under now control your intelligence.

WTF?
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 6:04:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

So a guy stabbing your dog with the intent to escape isn't going to use the knife on the officers next? REALLY?
View Quote

Dogs are animals
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 6:06:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:Dog or no dog, you don't have a right to "defend yourself" from police who are trying to lawfully effect an arrest.
View Quote

So let's take the dogs from the cops now.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 6:43:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The Russians in Molotov had a way of dealing with Nazi tanks...
View Quote

What

That refers to Finnish defenders fighting off communist troops in Finland when Russia tried to pull another Ukraine and take "Traditional Russian lands".

How do Russian police use armored vehicles, you ask?

@johnclarkUSN
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 7:48:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Half asleep
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 8:00:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

So call me crazy but I looked the incident up. Guy had a history of violent DV. Was holding his GF hostage. Tried to pop out the back, swat engaged him with a less lethal round to no effect, sent the dog at him. Then he tried to get back into the house while stabbing the dog. If you’re not up on where the bar is for use of deadly force during hostage situations, you should probably look into it.
View Quote

Good job Paul Harvey'd that heck outta that.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 10:32:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Another astrologist who things the stars you live under now control your intelligence.

WTF?
View Quote
You must be a Pisces, so emotional dude, what's wrong?
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 10:39:22 AM EDT
[#9]
but is the quarterback toast?

DAMN beat
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 10:43:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
but is the quarterback toast?

DAMN beat
View Quote

Yeah except you & I both had it just a bit wrong. I looked it up: "Oh my God, the quarterback is toast!"

Little chance this turns into a Die Hard thread at this point.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 10:46:29 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

And it wasn’t over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 12:34:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

So let's take the dogs from the cops now.
View Quote

Soon Boston Dynamics robodogz will replace dogs and cops.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 12:44:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

So call me crazy, a lot of the things you looked up sound like complete bullshit.

He was trying to run away. I deduced that by the fact that they announced it on the radio as it happened. The hostage would have been where he was running from, where the threat was so imminent, that they used non lethal to protect her. Then they all ran 3 houses over. I assume that means he's 3 houses away from any hostage he might have had (but maybe not).

They did not shoot him to protect a hostage. He was not trying to get back into a house. He was not near enough to a window or door where that was even an imminent threat, presuming that was even the house with the "hostage." Which as we already discussed, it probably was 2 or 3 houses away.  

From the info available, it seems very clear that they shot him to protect a dog. They weren't yelling "protect the hostage" or "keep him from turning to the window." They were yelling "don't let him stab him" in reference to the dog.

It's on video. Seems pretty clear and straight forward.

Maybe he is or was a scumbag. Maybe his ex girlfriend/wife is a lying bitch. Maybe a little of both.

We should not be killing people to protect dogs. Even shitty people. In that city, your life is worth less than a dog, whenever the cops think it's ok to do that. Definitely a great idea.

I guess I just think that someone who would shoot another person, to protect a dog... Is a bigger criminal than a guy who allegedly slapped around his wife/girlfriend. Is murder worse than assault?

View Quote

So do you think he came out of the house with his hands up or just took off running and ended up three houses away first?  There is a great video by Chris Rock you might want to watch...even will link it for you:

Chris Rock - Beat by the Police
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 6:43:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

So do you think he came out of the house with his hands up or just took off running and ended up three houses away first?  There is a great video by Chris Rock you might want to watch...even will link it for you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2wOxnAiIVs
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So call me crazy, a lot of the things you looked up sound like complete bullshit.

He was trying to run away. I deduced that by the fact that they announced it on the radio as it happened. The hostage would have been where he was running from, where the threat was so imminent, that they used non lethal to protect her. Then they all ran 3 houses over. I assume that means he's 3 houses away from any hostage he might have had (but maybe not).

They did not shoot him to protect a hostage. He was not trying to get back into a house. He was not near enough to a window or door where that was even an imminent threat, presuming that was even the house with the "hostage." Which as we already discussed, it probably was 2 or 3 houses away.  

From the info available, it seems very clear that they shot him to protect a dog. They weren't yelling "protect the hostage" or "keep him from turning to the window." They were yelling "don't let him stab him" in reference to the dog.

Maybe he is or was a scumbag. Maybe his ex girlfriend/wife is a lying bitch. Maybe a little of both.

We should not be killing people to protect dogs. Even shitty people. In that city, your life is worth less than a dog, whenever the cops think it's ok to do that. Definitely a great idea.

I guess I just think that someone who would shoot another person, to protect a dog... Is a bigger criminal than a guy who allegedly slapped around his wife/girlfriend. Is murder worse than assault?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2wOxnAiIVs

I love how most responses are hyperbole straw man or ad hominem attacks.

I'm not defending the guy, or condoning what he did or didn't do at any point. I'm also not hating the police disproportionately, as others insinuated earlier in the thread. They are not the only ones to blame for this nonsense happening.

I am observing that they killed him to save a dog. And that's murder. A far worse crime than anything that he is even accused of. State sanctioned murder, without due process, in defense of a state K-9 is a terrible thing. Citizens should be against that stupidity. Anyone who thinks it's a good idea is a retard.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 6:55:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

That's a lot of words to say that you think dogs lives are worth more than peoples.

View Quote

Both of my dogs lives are worth a hell of a lot more than most people
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 6:56:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I love how most responses are hyperbole straw man or ad hominem attacks.

I'm not defending the guy, or condoning what he did or didn't do at any point. I'm also not hating the police disproportionately, as others insinuated earlier in the thread. They are not the only ones to blame for this nonsense happening.

I am observing that they killed him to save a dog. And that's murder. A far worse crime than anything that he is even accused of. State sanctioned murder, without due process, in defense of a state K-9 is a terrible thing. Citizens should be against that stupidity. Anyone who thinks it's a good idea is a retard.
View Quote
Bro no one wants to debate you because we know you're trolling.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 6:58:48 PM EDT
[#17]

Probably plagued with water in fuel codes like most Bobcats.

Link Posted: 4/27/2023 7:05:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's actually a Jewish invention and was originally called a "Mazel Tov cocktail". The Finns not speaking good Jewish pronounced it like we know it today.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 7:10:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I'm sure the guy was just walking down the street, minding his own business, when the dog attacked him.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pick one:

1. Bad shoot.

2. Citizens can kill cops when they threaten your dog.

Sicking a dog on people, then shooting them for trying to defend themselves from the dog, is absolute horseshit.

I hope the family sues the ever living fuck out of them until they can't afford to feed a dog.
I'm sure the guy was just walking down the street, minding his own business, when the dog attacked him.

From the vid it looked like they sent the dog in to justify shooting the f out of the bad guy when he tried to defend himself.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 7:30:26 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Pick one:

1. Bad shoot.

Sicking a dog on people, then shooting them for trying to defend themselves from the dog, is absolute horseshit.

I hope the family sues the ever living fuck out of them until they can't afford to feed a dog.
View Quote

I can see this.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 7:36:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Would it be cheaper to just issue a half dozen k-9s instead of all those expensively trained soldiers. released at once and the threat would end quickly.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 7:51:28 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

It's actually a Jewish invention and was originally called a "Mazel Tov cocktail". The Finns not speaking good Jewish pronounced it like we know it today.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's actually an Italian invention and was originally called a "espicy mozzarella to you! cocktail". The Jews not speaking good Italian accented English pronounced it "Mazel Tov cocktail" and the Finns then popularized "molotov".
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 7:57:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Pick one:

1. Bad shoot.

View Quote

Well, there it is. The dumbest fucking thing I’ll read today.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 8:00:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Why put dog in danger, he had a weapon he wouldn’t drop it; taze him then if that doesn’t work shoot him.
View Quote

Sounds like they did that - deployed a less lethal munition with no success, then deployed the dog.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 8:04:57 PM EDT
[#25]
cops get the neatest toys.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 8:20:48 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I'm sure it says police dogs lives matter. And killing anyone who threatens your officer dog is plenty  cool. Also cops can kill anyone caught not returning their shopping cart to the corral.

And since some shithead lawyers think it's ok, we should all agree it's a moral practice and not murder.

Brilliant.
View Quote

Police gave warning and commanded him to stop.  He was armed and it is alleged he committed a serious, violent felony.  Those are facts.  He could have surrendered, numerous times.  Fuck him.  He FAFO'd and the officers deserve commendations for ridding the community of a violent criminal.  The K9 deserves a steak and several hours to lick his own ass to get the taste of that scumbag off his tongue.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 8:27:01 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Was the dog being utilized lawfully and according to any rules or procedures established for K9 units for that department or not?

If so, good shoot.  The dog shouldn't have to die just for doing his job.

Dog or no dog, you don't have a right to "defend yourself" from police who are trying to lawfully effect an arrest.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pick one:

1. Bad shoot.

I'm sure whatever he did instantly made his life worth less than a dog.

I'm not one of these hippies who cry over felons shot by cops, while doing dangerous felon things and threatening cops or citizens. But the dog thing is absolute horseshit. It's indefensible to shoot a person for defending themselves from your attack dog, that you just deliberately sicked on them.

That was premeditated murder. Fuck those guys. And fuck anyone who sanctions that nonsense.

Was the dog being utilized lawfully and according to any rules or procedures established for K9 units for that department or not?

If so, good shoot.  The dog shouldn't have to die just for doing his job.

Dog or no dog, you don't have a right to "defend yourself" from police who are trying to lawfully effect an arrest.  

Dogs aren’t police.

Link Posted: 4/27/2023 8:28:37 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
You are and your desire to allow criminals escape and kill a police dog has been noted.  

He was an armed felon still engaged in felony behavior and that was before he started to carry out felony animal cruelty by trying to stab a dog, and all that is before adding in the charge that police K-9s are considered officers and the guy was essentially trying to stab a cop.  But you want the cops to let him run free.  Got it.

From the video description:

Klimenkoto threw items at police and appeared to still be armed with a knife, police said. He then fled the scene through several homes. Officers unleashed K-9 Zeke, and Klimenkoto appeared to be about to stab the dog. That's when police said he was shot. Klimenko died on scene. Klimenkoto was a convicted felon and had several warrants for charges involving this woman. He was reportedly terrorizing the woman for months, reports the Florida Times-Union.  Police say there were calls to service involving conflict between him and the ex-girlfriend since December 2022. The woman had tried to end the relationship and move "in secret," but the man was able to pursue her after he hacked into her email account and found evidence of where she was living, police said.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So call me crazy
You are and your desire to allow criminals escape and kill a police dog has been noted.  

He was an armed felon still engaged in felony behavior and that was before he started to carry out felony animal cruelty by trying to stab a dog, and all that is before adding in the charge that police K-9s are considered officers and the guy was essentially trying to stab a cop.  But you want the cops to let him run free.  Got it.

Klimenkoto threw items at police and appeared to still be armed with a knife, police said. He then fled the scene through several homes. Officers unleashed K-9 Zeke, and Klimenkoto appeared to be about to stab the dog. That's when police said he was shot. Klimenko died on scene. Klimenkoto was a convicted felon and had several warrants for charges involving this woman. He was reportedly terrorizing the woman for months, reports the Florida Times-Union.  Police say there were calls to service involving conflict between him and the ex-girlfriend since December 2022. The woman had tried to end the relationship and move "in secret," but the man was able to pursue her after he hacked into her email account and found evidence of where she was living, police said.

Dogs are NOT police.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 9:38:02 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Dogs are NOT police.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So call me crazy

Dogs are NOT police.

You get the same 2nd degree felony charge in Florida if you stab a cop or if you stab a cop's dog.  Essentially the same crime.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 9:41:55 PM EDT
[#30]
Yeah, I’ll shoot anything/anyone harming my dog. So I get it.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 9:46:58 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
….and the quarterback is toast.

View Quote

While i think this is the best comment in the thread it’s not contextually accurate. But you knew that.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 9:51:34 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 9:53:47 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

You get the same 2nd degree felony charge in Florida if you stab a cop or if you stab a cop's dog.  Essentially the same crime.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So call me crazy

Dogs are NOT police.

So it's the same as trespassing on school grounds while carrying a firearm, according to F.S. 810.097?

Or the same as dealing in stolen property, also a second degree felony, according to 812.019?

Good to know.

Link Posted: 4/27/2023 10:23:18 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's a lot of words to say that you think dogs lives are worth more than peoples.

Completely psychotic perspective.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 11:12:54 PM EDT
[#35]
Wow!

Make a sarcastic half informed sideways joke comment around here and really ruffle some thin skinned feathers.

Next thing you'll be correcting me on was the B-29 pilot's mom wasn't a lesbian.

I do like the story of Finns killing commies better.
Thanks gents
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 11:21:20 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
In my day dogs were expendable tools and we were not allowed to shoot suspects attacking them. I'm still going to say Good shoot since that guy wasn't going to surrender.
View Quote
I think they've changed laws now so that any action against a police K9 is treated as that action against the handler/police.  Probably varies between states, too.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 11:25:17 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Some people in GD really enjoying standing up for shit bags.
View Quote
Yeah, but which shit bags are you referring to?
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 11:27:04 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
You sure do dislike cops, new poster. I'm sure your time here will be long and productive
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

As a bonus effect, police could use it to escalate and kill any suspect anytime they please. Sounds like a great plan. We should definitely give that authority to people like those Memphis cops. What could go wrong?

And I'm sure that if a cop or another citizen enters a citizen's property uninvited, and is attacked by the homeowners dog, it's cool for them to shoot the other person to protect their attacking dog right?

Does the answer change if the homeowner is an off duty cop with his cop dog?

Just because some dipshits have made this legal, doesn't make it right. It's murder. And you all know it. That's why none of you defending it will just plainly call it what it is: Killing a man to protect a dog.
You sure do dislike cops, new poster. I'm sure your time here will be long and productive
Actually, he should fit right in.   Many people here don't like cops.   Many of them used to be cop supporters, but with the daily videos of shithead thug cops abusing their position, they no longer are supporters.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 11:27:39 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 11:52:46 PM EDT
[#40]

I really hope  there is video when he tries, every rioter I ever saw that tried molotovs set themselves on fire.
Link Posted: 4/28/2023 12:04:30 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Actually, he should fit right in.   Many people here don't like cops.   Many of them used to be cop supporters, but with the daily videos of shithead thug cops abusing their position, they no longer are supporters.
View Quote

Wrong.  There is not a single member here like you describe.  People hate cops on here because they never mentally grew to adulthood and have a problem with authority figures.  

Then there are the drunk drivers, drug users and other socially mal-adjusted folks.  When they are not in a woman hater thread of course.
Link Posted: 4/28/2023 12:05:09 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Pick one:

1. Bad shoot.

View Quote

Dude....seriously.
Link Posted: 4/28/2023 12:19:06 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Pick one:

1. Bad shoot.

View Quote

Fuck that pos.
Link Posted: 4/28/2023 12:21:34 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

WTF?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thank you blue state 2023 no EE feedback anti-police poster.  I do appreciate the opinion and will give it careful regard.

WTF?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/28/2023 12:29:00 AM EDT
[#45]
You think Astrology's a joke?
Link Posted: 4/28/2023 12:33:35 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Dogs faster
I think the handler figured he’d drop the knife.
Glad it worked out but that’s how lots of dogs get stabbed or shot by LEO.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I question why you would inject a K-9 into that situation.

*not a K-9 cop.

Dogs faster
I think the handler figured he’d drop the knife.
Glad it worked out but that’s how lots of dogs get stabbed or shot by LEO.

Theres an old video out there of a pursuit or traffic stop with an armed suspect. Cop called for backup. Plenty of cops arrived. Some bozo decides to let the dog go. Im pretty sure they were going to light up this guy anyway for making a movement

What do you expect an armed person to do when a dog is coming at them? Perp goes for the dog. Cops light up the scene. The perp and their dog. Dogs twitching on the ground with 20 holes in it as they get a blanket to drape over the dog

Cops stand around wondering what went wrong? Almost felt bad for the handler after the fact, he was a bit more than upset his dog was dying
Link Posted: 4/28/2023 1:10:51 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

These are good points.  The guy was surrounded by 6 or 8 cops in full gear.  He had no chance to hurt a cop.
Link Posted: 4/28/2023 1:17:56 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

"Police said".  I'm a law and order guy.  But the cops lie just as much as the perps, and anyone who has ever delt with them know it.
Link Posted: 4/28/2023 1:24:50 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Completely psychotic perspective.
View Quote

You know I like you.  Could you explain your username?
Link Posted: 4/28/2023 1:27:49 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Wrong.  There is not a single member here like you describe.  People hate cops on here because they never mentally grew to adulthood and have a problem with authority figures.  

Then there are the drunk drivers, drug users and other socially mal-adjusted folks.  When they are not in a woman hater thread of course.
View Quote

There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy Horatio
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top