BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/28/2023 3:10:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Theres an old video out there of a pursuit or traffic stop with an armed suspect. Cop called for backup. Plenty of cops arrived. Some bozo decides to let the dog go. Im pretty sure they were going to light up this guy anyway for making a movement

What do you expect an armed person to do when a dog is coming at them? Perp goes for the dog. Cops light up the scene. The perp and their dog. Dogs twitching on the ground with 20 holes in it as they get a blanket to drape over the dog

Cops stand around wondering what went wrong? Almost felt bad for the handler after the fact, he was a bit more than upset his dog was dying
View Quote

Thats where I'm at.  I've seen too many dead K9 videos because a handler put them into that situation.

Fuck the POS with the knife.  I just dont see the need to put the dog in such a bad position?  Why put a cop in a position he needs to kill someone to save the dog that was put into the situation by the cops?  The shooter got close enough he might have been a stabbing victim if his shots werent so effective.  This really could have ended much worse because of impatience.

They had plenty of cops there to make sure the guy wasnt going to get away.  Shoot his as if he tries to enter another home because it might be occupied and they cant guarantee he wont hurt someone.  Shoot him if he rushes someone.  Until then just run him down, get containment and beat his ass into submission with less lethal from safe distance.  

Its not a race.  Mistakes get made when you hurry.
Link Posted: 4/28/2023 4:16:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Anyone have any tips on how to build a killsteer? A dozer would be... overkill.
Link Posted: 4/28/2023 7:42:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Wrong.  There is not a single member here like you describe.  People hate cops on here because they never mentally grew to adulthood and have a problem with authority figures.  

Then there are the drunk drivers, drug users and other socially mal-adjusted folks.  When they are not in a woman hater thread of course.
View Quote
Boot-wearer or -licker?
Link Posted: 4/28/2023 8:12:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Suuure, he “hacked” his ex-girlfriend’s email to find out where she lived. She definitely didn’t tell him and then claim to be a victim again when they got into an argument. Lol. I notice she didn’t call or text 911 either. She told her friend. All the same BS every time.
Link Posted: 4/28/2023 8:17:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/28/2023 8:28:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

These are good points.  The guy was surrounded by 6 or 8 cops in full gear.  He had no chance to hurt a cop.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So call me crazy, a lot of the things you looked up sound like complete bullshit.

He was trying to run away. I deduced that by the fact that they announced it on the radio as it happened. The hostage would have been where he was running from, where the threat was so imminent, that they used non lethal to protect her. Then they all ran 3 houses over. I assume that means he's 3 houses away from any hostage he might have had (but maybe not).

They did not shoot him to protect a hostage. He was not trying to get back into a house. He was not near enough to a window or door where that was even an imminent threat, presuming that was even the house with the "hostage." Which as we already discussed, it probably was 2 or 3 houses away.  

From the info available, it seems very clear that they shot him to protect a dog. They weren't yelling "protect the hostage" or "keep him from turning to the window." They were yelling "don't let him stab him" in reference to the dog.

It's on video. Seems pretty clear and straight forward.

Maybe he is or was a scumbag. Maybe his ex girlfriend/wife is a lying bitch. Maybe a little of both.

We should not be killing people to protect dogs. Even shitty people. In that city, your life is worth less than a dog, whenever the cops think it's ok to do that. Definitely a great idea.

I guess I just think that someone who would shoot another person, to protect a dog... Is a bigger criminal than a guy who allegedly slapped around his wife/girlfriend. Is murder worse than assault?

These are good points.  The guy was surrounded by 6 or 8 cops in full gear.  He had no chance to hurt a cop.

Not saying the guy was a good guy.  Sure looks like the handler released the dog to give an excuse (that they probably didn't need) to shoot the guy.  Don't put dogs in harms way, make sure you can control any dog you release.  How many times has it taken a long time to get a dog off someone the cops put the dog on?
Link Posted: 4/28/2023 8:30:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Wrong.  There is not a single member here like you describe.  People hate cops on here because they never mentally grew to adulthood and have a problem with authority figures.  

Then there are the drunk drivers, drug users and other socially mal-adjusted folks.  When they are not in a woman hater thread of course.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Actually, he should fit right in.   Many people here don't like cops.   Many of them used to be cop supporters, but with the daily videos of shithead thug cops abusing their position, they no longer are supporters.

I've been in a position of authority.  I am the average white collar worker.  I don't hate all cops.  I do have an innate suspicion of all cops due to how many of them have acted in the news.  I did not grow up with that suspicion, the behavior of bad cops have shaped my changing views.
Link Posted: 4/28/2023 8:30:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I'm sure the guy was just walking down the street, minding his own business, when the dog attacked him.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pick one:

1. Bad shoot.

2. Citizens can kill cops when they threaten your dog.

Sicking a dog on people, then shooting them for trying to defend themselves from the dog, is absolute horseshit.

I hope the family sues the ever living fuck out of them until they can't afford to feed a dog.
I'm sure the guy was just walking down the street, minding his own business, when the dog attacked him.
Yup. Just walking down the street.

Police said 38-year-old Matvey Kilmenko held his ex-girlfriend against her will with a knife after breaking into her home. They eventually got her out through a window and hours later, police said he tried to run into the neighbor's yard.

Link Posted: 4/28/2023 9:13:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
You and I are on the same side of the argument, but please stop with falsehoods that have been debunked here for well over a decade.

Find me the statute if you think I'm wrong.
View Quote

It actually depends on where it happened and the DA. Federally, it can carry up to 10 years and a fine of $1000 under the Federal Law Enforcement Animal Protection Act. Several states have their own laws, usually elevating the attack of a public safety or service animal, including horses etc to a Class B Felony or Class 3 Felony where as animal cruelty would normally be a misdeamenor or Class 6 felony. I couldnt tell you what OK does, as our last K9 attacked was in 2014, and the Officer shot the suspect, who did not survive. That Officer is still on the department 9 years later with his new K9.
Link Posted: 4/28/2023 9:20:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Apparently Jacksonville SWAT has an armored Bobcat.

View Quote

https://therook.ringpower.com/

Oklahoma City Police Department just got one delivered with their second Bearcat. I'll see if I can get pics of it later.
Link Posted: 4/28/2023 6:26:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Could you explain your username?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Completely psychotic perspective.

Could you explain your username?

I worked in missile defense for a substantial period of time.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top