Link Posted: 9/18/2018 4:07:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/18/2018 4:10:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/18/2018 4:12:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
All I see is 2 revolvers with minute of barn accuracy. I would have kept the original gun.
View Quote
Yes, because that DPMS .308 is so going to appreciate in value in five years, right? OP is already ahead on value, and not just paper value but actual realized cash value on those. They probably turn out several thousand of those DPMS rifles a year. You know how many Model 10's and Detective Specials they make a year? Zero. In five years at the seeming current rate the OP will gain another 10-15 percent or more in value. That DPMS will accumulate exactly zero and will in all probability drop some if the market continues on it's current downward spiral.
Link Posted: 9/18/2018 4:14:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
You done good, OP.
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/18/2018 4:14:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Do you think you would've got the same deal without the furniture change?
Link Posted: 9/18/2018 4:15:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Kansas City Bankroll. "A C-note around a wad of singles always makes the girls tingle".
Link Posted: 9/18/2018 4:20:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Yes, because that DPMS .308 is so going to appreciate in value in five years, right? OP is already ahead on value, and not just paper value but actual realized cash value on those. They probably turn out several thousand of those DPMS rifles a year. You know how many Model 10's and Detective Specials they make a year? Zero. In five years at the seeming current rate the OP will gain another 10-15 percent or more in value. That DPMS will accumulate exactly zero and will in all probability drop some if the market continues on it's current downward spiral.
View Quote
Yep, those snubs would not wait for the next "panic".

I think that some peeps put a "panic value" on a AR, hell most shops won't even take a 5.56 one in on trade or offer so little you are better off parting it out.

That said panics can run in four year cycles with the POTUS elections but it's going to have to be a very deep panic before used ARs hit the 2008 Obama panic prices.
Link Posted: 9/18/2018 4:39:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Why in every thread like this, do some posters feel the need to run someone down ? Do they have low self-esteem ,make them feel better to cut someone else down.
View Quote
This fuckin guy gets all deals. Thas why.
Link Posted: 9/18/2018 4:44:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Love my 2" 15.
I also have a '70s era  nickeled Detective Special, but my mother in law has claimed it.
I think you did good, OP.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/18/2018 4:44:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Very nice.  Well done!
Link Posted: 9/18/2018 5:36:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Name some rifle tech that’s newer...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Laugh all you want, AR-10 is old tech, Introduced in 1956.  Same as the AR-15 which Colt began selling in 1964.
Name some rifle tech that’s newer...
Phased plasma rifle. In the 40 Watt range....

H&K 11 caseless rifle.

Thank you for proving my point. Just because its old tech doesn't mean it is not viable tech.
Link Posted: 9/18/2018 5:50:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
The best trade fodder is cash
View Quote
Except if OP had used cash he’d be deep in those guns.

Buy low sell high works better than fiat currency.
Link Posted: 9/18/2018 6:02:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Do you think you would've got the same deal without the furniture change?
View Quote
No, not even close.....That's what will sell it quicker than with the dorky OEM furniture.....I gave them that miserable crap. I did not even want in my spare parts box.

I sourced it all lightly used on eBay for $140.00 including a YHM front sight of the proper height and the two "used mag box" P-mags I got from the same LGS.

Here is what it looked like, of course I removed the optic/light/rear sight.

Attachment Attached File

It warmed on me for a while but the "warmth" did not last long what with owning two FALs I seldom shoot as it is.
Link Posted: 9/18/2018 6:04:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
So you traded a 308 rifle, a bunch of parts, and cash for two 38 specials?
View Quote
Dpms is garbage.
Link Posted: 9/18/2018 6:05:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
The DPMS .308s sell good in my AO. We have a local Rural King and they go for $699.00 plus tax/call-in. Part of that is we because can't deer hunt with 5.56 and why mess with .300 when you can have a .308.

My LGS buys them for $565.00 through their distributor and they said that's about the only "AR" moving right now. Even .300 BOs are flat due to cheap .308s.

Parts is where the profit is at these days what with everyone "rolling their own" 5.56/.300 ARs.....They don't seem to want to build .308s.

In this case there were two big boxes of handguns that they had not priced yet that let me cull through. Lots of junk top-breaks and such but some good ones too.

There were two very nice Colt Police Positives and a factory nickle S&W Model 10. All in .38 special but I already had examples of those.

Meh, as for time, I'm retired so time is not a factor I concern myself much with. I usually go to that particular shop once or twice a week.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can't even get a store to look at anything that remotely looks like an AR these days.
I see them offer about $400 for a Colt and down to $200 for home builds.
The DPMS .308s sell good in my AO. We have a local Rural King and they go for $699.00 plus tax/call-in. Part of that is we because can't deer hunt with 5.56 and why mess with .300 when you can have a .308.

My LGS buys them for $565.00 through their distributor and they said that's about the only "AR" moving right now. Even .300 BOs are flat due to cheap .308s.

Parts is where the profit is at these days what with everyone "rolling their own" 5.56/.300 ARs.....They don't seem to want to build .308s.

Quoted:
You do find some cool stuff, but honestly, how much time do you spend sifting through stuff?
In this case there were two big boxes of handguns that they had not priced yet that let me cull through. Lots of junk top-breaks and such but some good ones too.

There were two very nice Colt Police Positives and a factory nickle S&W Model 10. All in .38 special but I already had examples of those.

Meh, as for time, I'm retired so time is not a factor I concern myself much with. I usually go to that particular shop once or twice a week.
Want to PM me the name of the store, or is that like asking someone where their best fishing spot is located?
Link Posted: 9/18/2018 6:06:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/18/2018 6:14:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Dpms is garbage.
View Quote
The 308s are not.
Link Posted: 9/18/2018 6:16:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Want to PM me the name of the store, or is that like asking someone where their best fishing spot is located?
View Quote
Sure no problem.....PM sent.

Like I say I go in there maybe twice a week unless they call me about something they think I might have a interest in or to just ask a question. They get a shit ton of traffic so guns are running in and out the door all the time. Good friendly folks working there too. Lots of mil-surps.

BTW.....I saw a Blue Sky Garand in there today for $650....As usual the barrel was shot out.
Link Posted: 9/18/2018 8:20:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Back in the day when I was an active FFL doing shows I was always doing alot of parts trading and outright buying of stuff.

Had a few retired regulars that were always on the hunt for newspaper add, estate sales etc. One guy would always remove the optics from the rifles he bought and would trade for ammo. Another guy kept me well stocked with hard and soft cases from garage sales. Hauling this stuff around to shows to keep your table full often made the difference between a break even show and a bust. I considered doing the shows mainly as an advertising promotion.
Link Posted: 9/18/2018 8:25:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
You done good, OP.
View Quote
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top