Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 10/28/2019 3:05:09 AM EDT
15 year old boy and girl are dating. Boy breaks up with girl. No big deal. He just isn’t into her that much and she’s a bit insecure and clingy...as 15 year old girls can be.

Boy’s dad, 50 years old, has commented on her Instagram posts a couple of times while kids dated and it’s fairly innocuous.

A month or two after the break-up, girl posts a picture of herself in a little black dress. Nothing risqué. Kind of a glamour shot type thing.
Boy’s dad comments on picture with the heart-eyes emoji and says “very pretty girl”.

A week or two later, girl posts a selfie of her in her bathing suit during spring break.
Boy’s dad posts the same comment as before except uses “beautiful” instead.

A month later, boy’s dad initiates a message saying “hey pretty girl, am I ever going to see you again?”
Girl replies “sure”.
Boy’s dad replies “how?”
Girl replies “me and (son) are still friends. God put us in each other’s lives. I’m sure (son) and I will be hanging out again at some point.”

Girl is fairly naive but says she felt a bit creeped out by the messages. But boy’s dad didn’t respond after her reply.

Was the dad fishing? Or was it a big ole misunderstanding?
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 3:11:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Sounds creepy. You should stop sending her messages
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 3:11:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Is the dad a brown cartoon bear?
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 3:12:14 AM EDT
[#3]
I wouldn’t like that at all.  That’s a bit more than something to be misunderstood.
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 3:12:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Creep.
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 3:14:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 3:15:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
Ha.

Seriously. He’s in leadership at a local church. Girl’s family confided in wife and me. It sets off alarm bells for me and my wife. I’m considering taking it to his church leadership.
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 3:21:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 3:25:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Ha.

Seriously. He’s in leadership at a local church. Girl’s family confided in wife and me. It sets off alarm bells for me and my wife. I’m considering taking it to his church leadership.
View Quote
Please do. That's completely inappropriate and honestly if he's in church leadership I think that's also a problem with  this kind of behavior.

That said to answer your question technically no it is not pedo grooming because at 15 she is developed and pedophilia has specific definitions

Still creepy and inapproriate.
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 3:32:08 AM EDT
[#9]
yeah, that one deserves an assbeating.
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 3:36:34 AM EDT
[#10]

View Quote
This
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 3:39:28 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Please do. That's completely inappropriate and honestly if he's in church leadership I think that's also a problem with  this kind of behavior.

That said to answer your question technically no it is not pedo grooming because at 15 she is developed and pedophilia has specific definitions

Still creepy and inapproriate.
View Quote
Correct. I just wasn’t sure if GD would understand ephedophilia. I figured the age description would provide the context.
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 3:43:48 AM EDT
[#12]
Thats way over the line and beyond a misunderstanding. Advise the girls parents to go to tell the church. If for some reason they won't, then you should.
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 3:44:01 AM EDT
[#13]
Can the kid block the old man and / or stop posting too?

I would share that with the cops and let them talk to old man.
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 3:52:01 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote
I have to agree. That's a little too much.
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 4:01:40 AM EDT
[#15]
Obviously inappropriate. I am surprised sometimes how people second-guess themselves when they observe inappropriate behavior.

And older man commenting repeatedly to an underage girl that she is pretty is inappropriate. Asking when he is going to see her again is inappropriate. His relationship with her, if there's one at all, should have 0 romantic or sexual aspects. Her attractiveness is not his concern. His contact with her should not be as peer, friends, or casual.

This behavior needs to be shut down.
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 4:03:11 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Ha.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ha.

I mean if he has daughters or nieces around the same age it might not mean much.

Maybe find out about his family situation.

The cops is who you should take it to, before going to his peers might not hurt to get their opinion. I mean if he is in no way attempting to lure the kid, those accusations could hurt his standing in his church and career, so be sure what the correct move should be.

arfcom at 3AM is no place to get opinions on this. lol
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 4:08:14 AM EDT
[#17]
Someone needs to show messages to church dude's wife.

If he's single/divorced, I'd go straight to the ass kicking.

I have all my daughter's friends' phone numbers and I have only contacted one of the girls once, and that was to say, "Tell my daughter to answer her phone or I'll lock her in her room for a month." She answered immediately.
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 4:10:29 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I have all my daughter's friends' phone numbers and I have only contacted one of the girls once, and that was to say, "Tell my daughter to answer her phone or I'll lock her in her room for a month." She answered immediately.
View Quote
LOL, yep

@mattja what happened to your avatar? I always hated the fucking thing. Creeped me out. Terrible movie.
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 4:12:12 AM EDT
[#19]
Super creepy. A 50yo grown man shouldn't be writing comments on a 15 year old girls social media.

The story just got worse and worse as I read further.

Boy’s dad, 50 years old, has commented on her Instagram posts a couple of times while kids dated and it’s fairly innocuous.
View Quote
Red flag #1. Regardless of how innocent the comments are, a man that age should not write ANY type of comment on a 15 year old's social media page unless it's their daughter/related.

A month or two after the break-up, girl posts a picture of herself in a little black dress. Nothing risqué. Kind of a glamour shot type thing.
Boy’s dad comments on picture with the heart-eyes emoji and says “very pretty girl”.
View Quote
They hell????

A week or two later, girl posts a selfie of her in her bathing suit during spring break.
Boy’s dad posts the same comment as before except uses “beautiful” instead.
View Quote
The hell??????

A month later, boy’s dad initiates a message saying “hey pretty girl, am I ever going to see you again?”
Girl replies “sure”.
Boy’s dad replies “how?”
Girl replies “me and (son) are still friends. God put us in each other’s lives. I’m sure (son) and I will be hanging out again at some point.”
View Quote
Now he's sending her private messages????? Red flag Defcon 1.

Girl is fairly naive but says she felt a bit creeped out by the messages. But boy’s dad didn’t respond after her reply.
View Quote
Of course she feels creeped out, she has every right to be. Holy crap. Girls that age have great creep-o-meters and know exactly when they're getting those vibes.

And want to know what sucks, the fact you mention later he's a leader in the church. He's probably doing this type of creepy stuff because he's in a position of authority and knows he can get away with it. Guarantee he'll play the "I'm a God fearing man and a pillar of the community, it's outrageous you would even see this innocent act as being nothing more than wholesome. Says more about you than me" and try to flip it back on the accuser. Guaranteed. And all of the church members will instantly defend him.
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 4:30:30 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
LOL, yep

@mattja what happened to your avatar? I always hated the fucking thing. Creeped me out. Terrible movie.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL, yep

I'm not sure about getting a membership. It's a bad investment when you have as many warning as I have.

It is kinda creepy. I know it's off-putting, but the character was such a psycho I had to use it.
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 4:33:06 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 4:40:42 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I mean if he has daughters or nieces around the same age it might not mean much.

The cops is who you should take it to, before going to his peers might not hurt to get their opinion. I mean if he is in no way attempting to lure the kid, those accusations could hurt his standing in his church and career, so be sure what the correct move should be.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ha.

Posting on the girl's social media is the modern day equivalent of striking up a conversation. For what reason would a 50-year-old strike up a conversation with a 15-year-old other than to say "Get off my lawn" or "Tell your dad I expect to see him here for the football game."

To comment about her looks and say he wants to see her is creepy as hell. Total red flag moves. I'd have the girl's mom show the messages to church guy's wife. And if he ever contacted her again I'd look at a restraining order.

If the guy was her coach that's screwed up. If he was the uncle that's still creepy.
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 4:48:38 AM EDT
[#23]
Inappropriate yes. Pedo no. She's 15.
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 4:55:37 AM EDT
[#24]
Church leadership you say?
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 4:57:01 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I'm not sure about getting a membership. It's a bad investment when you have as many warning as I have.

It is kinda creepy. I know it's off-putting, but the character was such a psycho I had to use it.
View Quote
Gotcha! I agree about the bad investment part. I appreciate the explanation.
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 5:00:25 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Inappropriate yes. Pedo no. She's 15.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 5:03:41 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Obviously inappropriate. I am surprised sometimes how people second-guess themselves when they observe inappropriate behavior.

And older man commenting repeatedly to an underage girl that she is pretty is inappropriate. Asking when he is going to see her again is inappropriate. His relationship with her, if there's one at all, should have 0 romantic or sexual aspects. Her attractiveness is not his concern. His contact with her should not be as peer, friends, or casual.

View Quote
That was my first thought. And the majority of people I’ve asked about it, too.

But we have someone in this thread and an elder from my church (different churches) who have said “not so fast, could be a misunderstanding”.

Guy is unmarried. No girls in his family that age. Has a bit of a rep as being a womanizer.  But super effective at coming off sincere and spiritual.

I’m so pissed about it I can’t sleep and I’m in here posting at 4am.
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 5:08:19 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If search was better I'd pay anyway. In the end, I found myself using Google all the time. I mean, WTF?
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 5:10:24 AM EDT
[#29]
OP, maybe the pastor is creepy or not. If the girl ever got into serious trouble someone would help her (maybe her father, ex-boyfriend, or you). I am atheist, but I understand if you are religious. You need to ask yourself why you belong to that church or what you get out of it. If this pastor ruins it for you, find something else. You cannot 'take this man down' over some clearly weird shit.
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 5:11:01 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

But we have someone in this thread and an elder from my church (different churches) who have said “not so fast, could be a misunderstanding”.

Guy is unmarried. No girls in his family that age. Has a bit of a rep as being a womanizer.  But super effective at coming off sincere and spiritual.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Divorced? A divorced 50-year-old man telling his 15-year-old son's ex-GF she's pretty and when can HE see her again?

"Houston, we have a problem."

Damn.
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 5:11:25 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
15 year old boy and girl are dating. Boy breaks up with girl. No big deal. He just isn't into her that much and she's a bit insecure and clingy...as 15 year old girls can be.

Boy's dad, 50 years old, has commented on her Instagram posts a couple of times while kids dated and it's fairly innocuous.

A month or two after the break-up, girl posts a picture of herself in a little black dress. Nothing risqu. Kind of a glamour shot type thing.
Boy's dad comments on picture with the heart-eyes emoji and says "very pretty girl".

Boy's dad posts the same comment as before except uses "beautiful" instead.

A month later, boy's dad initiates a message saying "hey pretty girl, am I ever going to see you again?"
Girl replies "sure".
Boy's dad replies "how?"
Girl replies "me and (son) are still friends. God put us in each other's lives. I'm sure (son) and I will be hanging out again at some point."

Girl is fairly naive but says she felt a bit creeped out by the messages. But boy's dad didn't respond after her reply.

Was the dad fishing? Or was it a big ole misunderstanding?
View Quote
It's not pedo because she's 15, but it is creepy as fuck.

ETA see this was all addressed later.
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 5:12:12 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
It's no pedo because she's 15, but it is creepy as fuck.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 5:12:42 AM EDT
[#33]
Everybody needs a hobby...

Ha but seriously? If that was my daughter and I was in that situation I'd be making sure fingerprints weren't left behind... Why the hell is he even friending minors on whatever social media it is. If I see 50 y/o's that aren't family on my kids "friend list" I'd be asking questions, thank god their too young to use it yet and I'll stop access and teach the dangers as long as I can.
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 5:14:56 AM EDT
[#34]
Creep, needs an ass beating.
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 5:21:07 AM EDT
[#35]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's no pedo because she's 15, but it is creepy as fuck.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/346870/t1_jpg-1140241.JPG
As another poster said, it's technically ephebophilia.

"Ephebophilia is the primary sexual interest in mid-to-late adolescents, generally ages 15 to 19."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ephebophilia

I'd say that's not quite as bad as the old-enough-to-bleed-old-enough-for-me crew.

Still, as the father of a teen girl that dude would be... CoC, I better STFU.
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 5:24:07 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Ha.

View Quote
Not in FL are you?
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 5:24:46 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

"Ephebophilia is the primary sexual interest in mid-to-late adolescents, generally ages 15 to 19."

I'd say that's not quite as bad as the old-enough-to-bleed-old-enough-for-me crew.

View Quote
I don't give a flying fuck what wikipedia says about it. A 50 year old man has no business being around a 15 year old.
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 5:29:03 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I don't give a flying fuck what wikipedia says about it. A 50 year old man has no business being around a 15 year old.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No kidding. Everyone agrees, but it's technically not pedo. Pedo is children of an age typically prior to the expression of secondary sexual characteristics.
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 5:29:05 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote
Pedophiles are attracted to prepubescent children. A 15 year old is of childbearing age.
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 5:33:31 AM EDT
[#40]
A grown man should not be following or commenting on young girls social media- especially a son’s friend.

He’s a creeper
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 5:34:16 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Pedophiles are attracted to prepubescent children. A 15 year old is of childbearing age.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Here this happy horse shit comes...
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 5:40:29 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote
While correct, If it were my daughter I'd be at Lowe's picking up plastic sheeting and a painters suit. Its inappropriate even if she were 19 and legal.
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 5:47:42 AM EDT
[#43]
Yeah I'd say something, that is some weird shit.
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 5:53:43 AM EDT
[#44]
Dad of the girl needs a length of rope and a tall tree branch.
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 5:55:38 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Divorced? A divorced 50-year-old man telling his 15-year-old son's ex-GF she's pretty and when can HE see her again?

Damn.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Damn.
Yeap.

Bet you a yankee nickel there are other girls he has done weird shit to as well. If it was a random dad I would confront. If he is in a position of authority in an organization like a church or school and did that I would locate the local kiddie diddler task force and put him on their radar. I am certain that he has made off comments or worse to other girls though.
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 5:57:53 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Can the kid block the old man and / or stop posting too?

I would share that with the cops and let them talk to old man.
View Quote
It wouldn’t hurt to block him if he’s being inappropriate.

Also it wouldn’t hurt to have her consider - if she’s not already - tailoring her posts to only reach known friends etc.
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 6:01:20 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote
While I guess you're technically correct, this isn't a good look. Maybe lean more on the "while inappropriate" part instead of the "it isn't pedo" part.

It's way less creepy.
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 6:01:59 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Ha.

View Quote
Inserts himself into positions of power over kids, making inappropriate comments towards a teenage girl, sending private messages to a teenage girl... Are you going to wait for him to try to have sex with her, or you going to do something now about the creep.
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 6:06:41 AM EDT
[#49]
Completely inappropriate.....
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 6:11:11 AM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top