Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 33
Link Posted: 9/25/2020 12:28:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I didn't realize that prior to watching it last weekend.  It was not very good...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I didn't realize that prior to watching it last weekend.  It was not very good...

I was curious how much money Gemini Man made so I looked it up.

The movie LOST the studio over $75M.
Link Posted: 9/25/2020 12:06:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It wasn't near as bad as I expected it to be but you have to understand how low my expectations were. I hesitated even with it being free.
Link Posted: 9/26/2020 10:25:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 7:40:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Utopia...

Holy cow, I just randomly started this show this morning, 3 episodes in and it's pretty freakin good!

https://youtu.be/dFSKBllxRIw

So far it's this cult comic book that predicts a pandemic and a group of conspiracy theorists trying to save the world kinda?

So far no B.S. love story crap or "The world's falling apart around us but we're all just gonna sit in this single room and talk about it because we don't have the budget to show it"  kinda stuff.
Link Posted: 9/29/2020 10:01:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 7:03:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 9:31:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Alet! Alet! The Gods Must Be Crazy
View Quote

Quite a few good older movies have been showing up but you aren't able to download which is what I do the majority of the time
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 12:04:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Alet! Alet! The Gods Must Be Crazy
View Quote
Oh, Hell yeah!

I laughed my ass off watching that movie.
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 12:36:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Holy shit, Jabberwocky is now available!  I haven’t seen that since I rented it on VHS.
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 1:54:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Utopia...

Holy cow, I just randomly started this show this morning, 3 episodes in and it's pretty freakin good!

So far it's this cult comic book that predicts a pandemic and a group of conspiracy theorists trying to save the world kinda?

So far no B.S. love story crap or "The world's falling apart around us but we're all just gonna sit in this single room and talk about it because we don't have the budget to show it"  kinda stuff.
View Quote

I just watched the first episode.  I’ll keep watching.
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 2:33:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 8:52:51 AM EDT
[#12]
View Quote

The Beast is 1 hell of a movie
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 3:28:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Gemini Man - Cases that fell on the floor were rifle cases, and he was shooting a pistol. Like other great snipers, he could shoot a passenger thru a window in a speeding bullet train from 2000 yards and keep his scope on target as the train sped across his field of view (this is amazing, since his scope looked about 72X from the image but about 10X from it's size).

Overall, this film was weakly interesting. Co-star Mary Elizabeth Winstead was chosen over my favorite actress, Tatiany Maslany, before Maslany hit it big with Orphan Black, another show which dealt with cloning humans. This bit of trivia was provided by Amazon at the end.
Link Posted: 10/10/2020 2:49:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Castle Keep

1969 movie directed by Sydney Pollack starring Burt Lancaster, Patrick O'Neal, Bruce Dern, and Peter Falk.  Rated R, somewhat surrealist movie about a scratch unit defending a castle near Bastogne in WWII.  Very funny dialogue, occasional bouts of weirdness.  Imagine the Dirty Dozen but with lectures on fine art and brief fantasy sequences.  The rose garden battle was pretty epic.

"Has the dubious distinction of being one of the very few war movies that is both pro and anti war at the same time"
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 6:35:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Utopia...

View Quote

The series had me thinking WTF, then at the end I was ohhhh, ok.
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 11:14:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 12:51:00 AM EDT
[#17]
I noticed that Terminator: Dark Fate was recently Primed so I watched it tonight.

It sucked!  I did not find any of the characters to be likable and way too much CGI.  

Well, at least it was free except for the 2 hrs of my life that I’ll never get back.

I’ll avoid the spoilers but it’s sad when the Resident Evil movies turn out to be a better series than the Terminator movies.
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 7:13:03 AM EDT
[#18]
We started watching Line of Duty.

BBC police series.  It is decent--keeps us entertained for an hour.
Link Posted: 10/16/2020 11:29:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Here’s something to keep your eye on. Sounds more promising than the Jack Ryan series. Amazon reference is at the 11 minute mark -

The 2 Guns that Navy SEAL Jack Carr Picks for Concealed Carry

Link Posted: 10/16/2020 11:47:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Just released and it was surprisingly good!  It'll cost you $18 though.

LOVE AND MONSTERS | Official Trailer
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 9:38:43 PM EDT
[#21]
... here's a really good movie: Midsommar (2019). I found it to be VERY good

Link Posted: 10/18/2020 2:17:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Gemini Man - Cases that fell on the floor were rifle cases, and he was shooting a pistol. Like other great snipers, he could shoot a passenger thru a window in a speeding bullet train from 2000 yards and keep his scope on target as the train sped across his field of view (this is amazing, since his scope looked about 72X from the image but about 10X from it's size).

Overall, this film was weakly interesting. Co-star Mary Elizabeth Winstead was chosen over my favorite actress, Tatiany Maslany, before Maslany hit it big with Orphan Black, another show which dealt with cloning humans. This bit of trivia was provided by Amazon at the end.
View Quote

Interesting premise.  Thing that bugged me was that fight scenes were sped up like 1980s car chase scenes.
Link Posted: 10/18/2020 9:48:17 PM EDT
[#23]
The Way Back. Convicts escape a gulag in Siberia during WW2. Directed by Peter Weir with Ed Harris, Colin Farrell, and Jim Sturgess. Excellent movie.
Link Posted: 10/19/2020 5:07:15 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
The Way Back. Convicts escape a gulag in Siberia during WW2. Directed by Peter Weir with Ed Harris, Colin Farrell, and Jim Sturgess. Excellent movie.
View Quote

Saw that when it came out. Very good movie.
Link Posted: 10/19/2020 8:29:06 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Saw it several years ago.  

Escaping from a Soviet Siberian POW camp - in the winter.  We have no fucking clue how bad things can get.
Link Posted: 10/19/2020 8:33:38 PM EDT
[#26]
View Quote

It was a how-to for RPG-7s.
Link Posted: 10/19/2020 8:36:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I noticed that Terminator: Dark Fate was recently Primed so I watched it tonight.

It sucked!  I did not find any of the characters to be likable and way too much CGI.  

Well, at least it was free except for the 2 hrs of my life that I’ll never get back.

I’ll avoid the spoilers but it’s sad when the Resident Evil movies turn out to be a better series than the Terminator movies.
View Quote

Found himself Karl's new life as an interior decorator was kinda funny. Best part of the whole movie.
Link Posted: 10/19/2020 8:37:35 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/ePUpAiE.png
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/19/2020 8:37:59 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 10/19/2020 8:41:13 PM EDT
[#30]
I've been watching that Wolf Creek miniseries on Shudder. Old Mick's one liners cracks me up. Just started the second season.
Link Posted: 10/19/2020 8:41:35 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Well since you all liked it, I'd recommend Looking for Mr. Smith.  About the authors travels all over the world to locate the American from the crew that escaped in The Way Back.

@Merlin
@VACaver
@wtfboombrb
View Quote

Thanks Ben, will watch read.
Link Posted: 10/19/2020 8:43:28 PM EDT
[#32]
The Man From Nowhere (Korean) is a great movie. Hollywood doesn't make movies this good. He really, really messes some people up.
Link Posted: 10/19/2020 8:46:22 PM EDT
[#33]
The Way Back is really good!
Link Posted: 10/19/2020 8:46:39 PM EDT
[#34]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/EgcB5I3-51.gif

I think the production values were good, but it radiated very bad vibes. Evil vibes. To the point of making me feel ill. I'll never watch it again.
Link Posted: 10/19/2020 8:56:03 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

Now watch Hereditary. You’re welcome.
Link Posted: 10/19/2020 8:57:20 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I think the production values were good, but it radiated very bad vibes. Evil vibes. To the point of making me feel ill. I'll never watch it again.
View Quote

The mushroom scenes were realistic... I mean, I heard they were realistic... yeah...

Great flick imho.
Link Posted: 10/19/2020 8:57:31 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

The mushroom scenes were realistic... I mean, I heard they were realistic... yeah...

Great flick imho.
Link Posted: 10/19/2020 9:00:25 PM EDT
[#38]
Momentum with Olga Kurylenko is pretty entertaining for a spy thriller.

Momentum

Link Posted: 10/19/2020 9:45:39 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Momentum with Olga Kurylenko is pretty entertaining for a spy thriller.

Momentum

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/73/fe/68/73fe682d670a0e8200bfe2ed3a5d6884.jpg
View Quote

Looks great to me!
Link Posted: 10/19/2020 10:16:31 PM EDT
[#40]
Dayum!
Link Posted: 10/19/2020 11:28:45 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
The Man From Nowhere (Korean) is a great movie. Hollywood doesn't make movies this good. He really, really messes some people up.
View Quote

Just got done watching on your advice. What a fantastic film. So many wtf moments as you descend deeper into the rabbit hole with the main character. He knows where we're going on this ride, but he isn't telling! An awesome movie. Loved it.

Link Posted: 10/19/2020 11:49:21 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 10/19/2020 11:58:05 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Found himself Karl's new life as an interior decorator was kinda funny. Best part of the whole movie.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I did notice both corners of my mouth going up a couple of times in the movie but fell back just as quick.
Link Posted: 10/20/2020 12:05:58 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Escaping from a Soviet Siberian POW camp - in the winter.  We have no fucking clue how bad things can get.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I watched No Escape with Owen Wilson & Pierce Brosnan this past weekend.  It said it was free with commercials but didn’t see any commercials in my viewing.

I saw it several years ago but forgot how intense it was in places.  Wow!  Also relevant to current times.
Link Posted: 10/20/2020 12:10:26 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Archive was interesting

I thought I had it figured out near the end, until it ended

Click To View Spoiler

seems to be a reoccurring theme for sci-fi.. solo / limited actors, dragging out a limited storyline. (?)
View Quote
The ending sucked out loud.  

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 10/20/2020 12:18:38 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

Man I just got all fucked up cause there’s two movies with that exact title, one’s a Ben Affleck flick about basketball. I had to come back and find your post and confirm I wasn’t crazy and then looked at the search results and sure enough found this. Watching now.
Link Posted: 10/20/2020 12:27:46 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Utopia...

View Quote

The ending of the second episode made me stop watching immediately. One of the dumbest story choices I have ever seen produced. Completely destroys any possible reason for the characters to continue on their path. Which sucks because it was interesting up until that point.
Link Posted: 10/20/2020 12:36:02 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Now watch Hereditary. You're welcome.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Now watch Hereditary. You're welcome.
... just did, but it didn't have the same impact on me as Midsommar. Did you critics above actually watch it?
Link Posted: 10/20/2020 6:59:01 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Utopia...

View Quote

It's pretty darn good.
Link Posted: 10/26/2020 1:07:33 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

For whatever reason when I watched this the subtitles were like 30 secs behind.  Still watched it, but that sucked.
View Quote

They have fixed the issue, it was unwatchable before but is now good to go.
Page / 33
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top