Site Notices
Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 10:47:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Well, that's a bunch of gaslight.

Trump from day one did his best to stop the states from destroying the economy with lockdowns and was getting eviscerated by the media and both parties for it. Two weeks to slow the spread was clearly designed as an attempt to do the bare minimum to try to placate everyone and move on, which obviously failed as everyone in power had already realized they could use the fear this receive unlimited money and power

He did want more money for the actual people in the stimulus that were being hurt by the actions of their own governments but that was ultimately a small fraction of the spending and he railed hard against the pork which made up a bulk of the spending put into it and passed by a veto proof majority of congress.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/12/27/congress-stimulus-deal-450380
View Quote

Would you like for me to post his quotes saying that the stimulus bill wasn’t big enough, or would you like to edit your post?
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 10:52:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

The Democrats doubled the supplemental unemployment from $300 to $600. The Democrats put a moratorium on evictions and foreclosures. Biden said he didn’t have the authority to extend the eviction moratorium and did it anyways. SCOTUS struck it down and Biden issued an EO after charging s few words. The court struck it down again. Biden and the democrats passed another stimulus package that was all about climate change and their pet projects. Any reasonable person knew we would have some inflation after the Covid shutdown. Biden and the Democrats said “Hold my beer” and poured gasoline on the inflation fire. Then Biden tired and partially succeeded in by votes with taxpayer money using it  to forgive student loans.
View Quote

When your defense of Trump is nothing more than “yeah, yeah, but the democrats did bad stuff too”, it would cause most people to stop and think.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 10:54:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Freddie Mac wants to enter the secondary home equity loan market in a win-win for the government, Wall Street and consumers
View Quote
Great, so now that mortgage rates are so high nobody wants to refinance the .gov will back second mortgages.  
So now they want to make it easier to get a second mortgage on your equity at today's rates and when the economy crashes the .gov is left holding the bag for both of your mortgages that may be well in excess of the selling price of the home.  
Sounds like a great idea... for financially irresponsible people living beyond their means, politicians, and banks.  Us normal people would get screwed again.

Link Posted: 5/9/2024 11:35:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Great, so now that mortgage rates are so high nobody wants to refinance the .gov will back second mortgages.  
So now they want to make it easier to get a second mortgage on your equity at today's rates and when the economy crashes the .gov is left holding the bag for both of your mortgages that may be well in excess of the selling price of the home.  
Sounds like a great idea... for financially irresponsible people living beyond their means, politicians, and banks.  Us normal people would get screwed again.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Freddie Mac wants to enter the secondary home equity loan market in a win-win for the government, Wall Street and consumers

I think this time, they aren't going to let it fail until some other methodology is available.  They already made that mistake once.  They are going to do everything in their power to ensure the market stays "hot and high" for as long as they can.

You are 100% right in that the people who will get screwed are the people who absolutely try to do things the "right" way.  However, in a recent courtroom I heard a federal judge state "it's a dog eat dog world out there" in response to some less than ethical actions taken by a business/CEO was filing Chapter 11 and one of the creditors wanted their money.  As much as I hate that CEO person, he sees himself as swindling the big guys.  Now, harming people along the way, hey, dog eat dog world according to federal judges and really, the law.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 11:36:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
This has to be a joke
View Quote

This whole administration is the joke
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 12:06:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Cutting foreign aid 100% won’t balance the budget.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/51435/IMG_3593_png-3209370.JPG

View Quote

No one drop of rain is individually responsible for a flood.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 12:21:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

You know how i know you are already broke..

Know what a jeep owner with money drives?

A 4 runner.

@SCPigpen I want a wrangler but all the local ones are either rusted to hell or 15k  for a 1998  4 banger

View Quote

My XJ was free, just finished rebuilding an engine and swapped the 335k engine out and got the rebuild running. Working on the break in now.

I also just sold my kids 02 wrangler, rust free with 150k miles on it a couple of weeks ago.

A 4 runner would be nice but there is just something about an XJ I like. Just got to weld up the front bumper, paint it and the body and then redo headliner and I should be close to done.

@fsjdw2
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 1:28:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Oh look, another Ukraine thread.
View Quote

Don’t forget the Trump vs never trump dudes
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 4:09:35 PM EDT
[#9]
I doubt it will really ever happen. Surely house republicans will block it, right? Right??
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 11:02:57 AM EDT
[#10]
I thought we had a booming economy and bidenomics was working great!??!? I thought we were building back better?!!!

I guess we need some stimulus money to buildit back betterer.

And if they send us the money faster than the fed can raise rates, we will stay ahead of inflation, right? Isnt that how that works??
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 5:19:06 PM EDT
[#11]
So I googled this and couldn’t find any info on any kind of “stimulus package” for 2024. Seems like BS to me. @OP
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 5:59:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
So I googled this and couldn’t find any info on any kind of “stimulus package” for 2024. Seems like BS to me. @OP
View Quote

I did post a disclaimer that it may be fake news or being proposed.
Unless msn money market got hacked to post a fake story.i will go ahead and kill it.
I
Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top