Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 320
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 2:17:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Despite the fact that I would have scored it for Reyes 3-2, I'm not really mad at that decision. Despite out striking Jones in the first 3 by the end of the fight we can tell that it didn't really matter much as Jones was running away with the fight. I can understand a difference of opinion on a single round and what happened though, so the 2-3 score ain't that bad. Like the guys said, the 4-1 scorecard was nuts but whatever that card didn't end up mattering.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 2:20:06 AM EDT
[#2]
The last round was BS. Reyes running around the last round avoiding Jones isn't champion material. Reyes definitely brought it the first couple of rounds. Good decision.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 2:30:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The last round was BS. Reyes running around the last round avoiding Jones isn't champion material. Reyes definitely brought it the first couple of rounds. Good decision.
View Quote
No it wasn't. That's not how MMA is scored. Reyes won rounds 1 - 3 by every available metric. That was another TERRIBLE decision.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 2:35:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The last round was BS. Reyes running around the last round avoiding Jones isn't champion material. Good decision.
View Quote
Yeah, this fight didn't really fit that old "you have beat the champ to be the champ" saying. Realistically Reyes out pointed Jones and yes the judging is supposed to be based off that but despite being one of Jones most competitive opponents he didn't do enough to "beat" Jones IMO.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 2:35:13 AM EDT
[#5]
I swear, ufc judges have got to be as retarded as joe rogan if they think Jones won that
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 2:46:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

No it wasn't. That's not how MMA is scored. Reyes won rounds 1 - 5 by every available metric. That was another TERRIBLE decision.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 2:49:02 AM EDT
[#7]
My stream went to shit at the beginning of round two. What did I miss?
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 2:50:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No it wasn't. That's not how MMA is scored. Reyes won rounds 1 - 5 by every available metric. That was another TERRIBLE decision.
Mean't to say 1 - 3
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 2:54:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mean't to say 1 - 3
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 2:57:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Mean't to say 1 - 3
View Quote
I was gonna say that 1-5 doesn't help your credibility on what constitutes horrible judging, lol
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 2:58:33 AM EDT
[#11]
3-2 Reyes

Or you're not paying attention. Unfortunately, wildly common in judging.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 5:40:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Reyes won that fight but I wasn't at all surprised by the decision judges were terrible the entire night.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 5:47:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
3-2 Reyes

Or you're not paying attention. Unfortunately, wildly common in judging.
View Quote
Sherdog had it 3-2 Jones, gave him the second round, so it sounds like it was close.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 5:53:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Sherdog had it 3-2 Jones, gave him the second round, so it sounds like it was close.
View Quote
I had Jones getting round 2 as well. I'd have had no problem with the decision going to Reyes however. That was about as even of a fight as I've seen, and I believe you need to actually beat the champ to dethrone him, not fight him to a stalemate.  Hope we can see a rematch in the near future.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 6:00:51 PM EDT
[#15]
I was ok with the decision, just as I would have been if Reyes had won.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 6:32:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I had Jones getting round 2 as well. I'd have had no problem with the decision going to Reyes however. That was about as even of a fight as I've seen, and I believe you need to actually beat the champ to dethrone him, not fight him to a stalemate.  Hope we can see a rematch in the near future.
View Quote
x2

Although I want to see each guy have a few more fights before a rematch.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 6:34:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Round 2 was the decider, I gave it to Bones.... barely.

To be the champ you have to beat the champ.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 7:13:41 PM EDT
[#18]
If you want the Title, you need to finish or dominate.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 11:31:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I swear, ufc judges have got to be as retarded as joe rogan if they think Jones won that
View Quote
There is no such thing as UFC judges. There is judges put in place by whatever commission regulates mma in that locality.
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 8:06:03 AM EDT
[#20]
I don’t think Corey Anderson is going to beat JJ

JJ really needs to go to heavyweight after that fight to be considered the GOAT imo

I don’t think JJ fought a in their prime vltor Belfort or Machida. Beating up on DC doesn’t make him the best IMO. DC went heavyweight so can JJ. He’s afraid of their knockout power that’s why he won’t go heavyweight. Werdum and Stipe would give JJ a lot of trouble IMO
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 1:51:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Judging was really bad earlier in the card.  Close main event, not a robbery at all, but I had Reyes 3-2.
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 1:54:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I don’t think Corey Anderson is going to beat JJ

JJ really needs to go to heavyweight after that fight to be considered the GOAT imo

I don’t think JJ fought a in their prime vltor Belfort or Machida. Beating up on DC doesn’t make him the best IMO. DC went heavyweight so can JJ. He’s afraid of their knockout power that’s why he won’t go heavyweight. Werdum and Stipe would give JJ a lot of trouble IMO
View Quote
Regardless of the goat talk, I don't quite understand his hesitancy to go to HW.  By all WAGs, he's lost 10s of millions (or more) due to his legal troubles and failed drug tests.  A HW superfight is going to be much bigger than him v. Anderson or Blachowicz.  Past that, you'd have to go outside of the top 10 for anybody new.
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 1:58:05 PM EDT
[#23]
He really, really wanted to set that title defense record
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 4:44:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Regardless of the goat talk, I don't quite understand his hesitancy to go to HW.  By all WAGs, he's lost 10s of millions (or more) due to his legal troubles and failed drug tests.  A HW superfight is going to be much bigger than him v. Anderson or Blachowicz.  Past that, you'd have to go outside of the top 10 for anybody new.
View Quote
I've never thought Jones would be dominate at HW so I've never understood the desire to see him there. He's talented as hell but physically won't match up great. DC is the only HW tested guy he's fought and realistically DC shouldn't be a HW either. The only reason either have done well or would do well is due to the skill gap.

If Jones is interested in legacy HW has the ability to both ruin and cement it.
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 4:45:56 AM EDT
[#25]
[tweet]I want to apologize to @stephenasmith on behalf of the mma community. They had something to say about you but wtf is this? pic.twitter.com/TT38TRSI9C— Jorge Masvidal UFC (@GamebredFighter) February 12, 2020 [/tweet]Twitter
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 5:33:06 PM EDT
[#26]
If you request or discuss sharing of links to illegal steaming sites in this thread to avoid paying for PPV events, you will lose your account. No more warnings, it goes straight to a site ban.

OP, please leave the above in this post. - D_J

UFC Fight Night: Anderson v. Blachowicz II

Saturday, February 15th

Prelims on ESPN+ @ 2pm/5pm pst/est

Main on ESPN+ @ 5pm/8pm pst/est

Link Posted: 2/14/2020 6:01:17 PM EDT
[#27]
Arguably a better card from top to bottom than the last UFC.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 9:16:52 PM EDT
[#28]
Lets go Yancy!
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 9:17:36 PM EDT
[#29]
I caught the last 3 prelim matches, fun fights, hopefully the rest of the card is just as good.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 11:43:32 PM EDT
[#30]
Damn 2 knee shot DQs in one card
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 12:16:53 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Damn 2 knee shot DQs in one card
View Quote
The one to Diego was a lame DQ.
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 8:46:02 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

The one to Diego was a lame DQ.
View Quote
I read Diego had asked the ref if it’d be a DQ if it was stopped, then he said he couldn’t continue.

Lame as fuck.
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 9:07:50 PM EDT
[#33]
Corey Anderson needs to learn to keep his hands up.  he got ROCKED.
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 10:31:28 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I read Diego had asked the ref if it’d be a DQ if it was stopped, then he said he couldn’t continue.

Lame as fuck.
View Quote
Yeah, he was getting his ass kicked all fight and when the ref was telling him it was an illegal knee Diego was asking if he was going to DQ the guy. The ref side stepped that asking if Diego was good to continue or not. Diego kept asking, asked if he could have his corner come in, etc. and the ref just kept giving Diego some time and asking Diego if he could continue or not. Diego was clearly thinking "well if its a illegal knee then he gets dq'd if I cant so..." when he said he couldn't continue.

Rules is rules but that one didn't earn any respect from me. Hard to watch a guy you think of as a all time warrior bitch out like that.

At least the guy who won by DQ earlier actually got KO'd and didn't have say in it.
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 6:31:54 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 1:34:37 PM EDT
[#36]
If you request or discuss sharing of links to illegal steaming sites in this thread to avoid paying for PPV events, you will lose your account. No more warnings, it goes straight to a site ban.

UFC Fight Night: Hooker v. Felder

Saturday, February 21st

Prelims on ESPN+ @ 1pm/4pm pst/est

Main on ESPN+ @ 4pm/7pm pst/est

Link Posted: 2/23/2020 3:22:29 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Yeah, he was getting his ass kicked all fight and when the ref was telling him it was an illegal knee Diego was asking if he was going to DQ the guy. The ref side stepped that asking if Diego was good to continue or not. Diego kept asking, asked if he could have his corner come in, etc. and the ref just kept giving Diego some time and asking Diego if he could continue or not. Diego was clearly thinking "well if its a illegal knee then he gets dq'd if I cant so..." when he said he couldn't continue.

Rules is rules but that one didn't earn any respect from me. Hard to watch a guy you think of as a all time warrior bitch out like that.

At least the guy who won by DQ earlier actually got KO'd and didn't have say in it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lame as fuck.

Diego has been traditionally weird. What's the deal with his coach? I guarantee this guy is stealing money.
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 3:32:18 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Diego has been traditionally weird. What's the deal with his coach? I guarantee this guy is stealing money.
View Quote
Yes he has. I'm with you about the coach.

Oh, btw. Diego has posted 87x on Instagram about the whole situation. Apparently he is pretty salty about the criticism. One of his posts was a video trying to show that he "blocked" most of the offense against him. During the fight I saw he was doing a decent job of avoiding getting hit with anything too flush but in the video he was calling strikes "blocked" that clearly landed on his face, it was hilarious.

Did anyone watch the fights tonight? I couldn't be bothered to...
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 4:14:15 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Yes he has. I'm with you about the coach.

Oh, btw. Diego has posted 87x on Instagram about the whole situation. Apparently he is pretty salty about the criticism. One of his posts was a video trying to show that he "blocked" most of the offense against him. During the fight I saw he was doing a decent job of avoiding getting hit with anything too flush but in the video he was calling strikes "blocked" that clearly landed on his face, it was hilarious.

Did anyone watch the fights tonight? I couldn't be bothered to...
View Quote
That match was weird. I was kinda reminded of BJ when he did that upright boxing posture. You question their mental capacity and the people that help them train.

Didn't catch 168. Kinda getting bored with it.
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 5:12:23 AM EDT
[#40]
Hooker v Felder was great.
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 1:41:31 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Hooker v Felder was great.
View Quote
Feel really bad for Felder.  I have it 29-28 for him, but I can't argue the decision.  They both fought their asses off.
Link Posted: 2/29/2020 3:50:27 AM EDT
[#42]

UFC Fight Night: Benavidez v. Figueiredo

Saturday, February 29th

Prelims on ESPN+ @ 2pm/5pm pst/est

Main on ESPN+ @ 5pm/8pm pst/est

Link Posted: 2/29/2020 9:06:39 PM EDT
[#43]
Gonna be funny if Figueiredo wins after missing weight and being ineligible for the title.
Link Posted: 2/29/2020 10:05:03 PM EDT
[#44]
what the fuck, a fight was just stopped while the fighter was still on his feet and never went down. That was horrible, was gonna be a good fight. Never seen that before.
Link Posted: 2/29/2020 10:05:47 PM EDT
[#45]
WHISKEY
TANGO
FOXTROT

he was still on his feet, blocking every kick and punch, and throwing punches of his own.   That was BS.

That ref should never ref again.
Link Posted: 2/29/2020 10:08:13 PM EDT
[#46]
Terrible stoppage
Link Posted: 2/29/2020 10:39:53 PM EDT
[#47]
https://twitter.com/i/status/1233936277680140298

in slow mo only 2 punches landed everything else was basically blocked, I think he may have even been feigning being hurt that badly as he seemed perfectly fine immediately after the stoppage. That was bad.
Link Posted: 2/29/2020 10:45:27 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 2/29/2020 10:54:52 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
https://twitter.com/i/status/1233936277680140298

in slow mo only 2 punches landed everything else was basically blocked, I think he may have even been feigning being hurt that badly as he seemed perfectly fine immediately after the stoppage. That was bad.
View Quote
Why was he "wobbling" like that? Terrible stoppage but that was really weird.
Link Posted: 2/29/2020 10:57:49 PM EDT
[#50]
Lol, still ain't getting the title.
Page / 320
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top