Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 320
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 9:32:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I let out an "oh my god!" That made my wife & son come running to see what happened.

They like the highlights, but aren't interested in watching a whole card. Normally they don't even come watch a highlight unless I tell them they should, so I guess the tone of my voice expressed that pretty clearly
View Quote
That was bad.  I wonder if Bruce Buffer shared his bolivian marching powder with him back stage?
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 10:22:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I let out an "oh my god!" That made my wife & son come running to see what happened.

They like the highlights, but aren't interested in watching a whole card. Normally they don't even come watch a highlight unless I tell them they should, so I guess the tone of my voice expressed that pretty clearly
View Quote

Me and the wife were watching with my brother, his GF, and his son.. It was instant almost everyone's head turned from the TV when that happened.  Hall (who I've always thought was a douche) comments after were appropriate and pretty classy.  I'd hate to see that be the end for Weidman, but I'm guessing it's pretty likely.

Excellent card overall, and it was cool just seeing a pretty full house again and people getting to be "normal".  Now we'll have to wait for the libs to say this was some super spreader.
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 10:28:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I want Chael Sonnen on color commentary
View Quote

I watched some older fights last night that had goldberg doing commentary.  He was so much better.
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 12:00:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

No he couldn't, he's not on that level. I think Colby can actually hurt Usman if they go at it again.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Masvidal could have won if he had stopped smiling damn it.  Just finish the fight.  Then smile.

No he couldn't, he's not on that level. I think Colby can actually hurt Usman if they go at it again.

I kind of agree with ydididothis.

Masvidal did well on the ground when Usman took him down - I thought he actually did more damage to Usman than vise versa.

Masvidal was clowning around too much because he thought his standup was so much better than Usman's.  You could see it was going to be problematic when he started eating straight rights.  Masvidal was trying to do the the clown counter game just like Silva, and just like Silva, got slept doing it.
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 12:10:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Hall (who I've always thought was a douche) comments after were appropriate and pretty classy.
View Quote

Where are you getting that from? He's always been respectful to his opponents and never been a trash talker.
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 12:17:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Where are you getting that from? He's always been respectful to his opponents and never been a trash talker.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hall (who I've always thought was a douche) comments after were appropriate and pretty classy.

IMO he's an awkward dude and I can see how he could come off douchey at times.

Last night in his post fight speech was the best he's ever sounded IMO. I could finally root for the guy & listen to him without any cringe, lol.
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 12:18:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Thug Rose

The Giant Killer
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 12:34:37 PM EDT
[#8]
It was extremely satisfying seeing Rose put the chicoms back in their place. The Weidman kick was crazy. Sort of reminds me of when I was being recruited for the gators and they made us play something they called gatorball, which was basically "two hand touch" football w/ forward passes allowed. Just to judge athleticism. And it was basically a contest to see who could hurt who. And I was briefly knocked out after a head on collision with a fairly skinny black dude, wide receiver type. He was fine.
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 1:05:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Thug Rose

The Giant Killer
View Quote

Man I was jumping up and down and yelling in joy like a little girl. Thug Rose brought it.!!
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 2:45:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
It was extremely satisfying seeing Rose put the chicoms back in their place. The Weidman kick was crazy. Sort of reminds me of when I was being recruited for the gators and they made us play something they called gatorball, which was basically "two hand touch" football w/ forward passes allowed. Just to judge athleticism. And it was basically a contest to see who could hurt who. And I was briefly knocked out after a head on collision with a fairly skinny black dude, wide receiver type. He was fine.
View Quote

Yup, all 4 chicoms on the card lost last night.
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 8:32:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Man I was jumping up and down and yelling in joy like a little girl. Thug Rose brought it.!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thug Rose

The Giant Killer

Link Posted: 4/28/2021 5:04:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Just now getting around to watching some random videos from the card, and kept seeing related videos of people talking about a Nick Diaz comeback. That'd be awesome, just because I've always liked both Diaz brothers. Though Nick is almost 40 now.

Dude looks shredded right now, though. He looks like he's in better physical shape than he ever has been, on his latest IG posts.
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 5:37:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Just now getting around to watching some random videos from the card, and kept seeing related videos of people talking about a Nick Diaz comeback. That'd be awesome, just because I've always liked both Diaz brothers. Though Nick is almost 40 now.

Dude looks shredded right now, though. He looks like he's in better physical shape than he ever has been, on his latest IG posts.
View Quote

They confirmed he's coming back for a fight, but didn't announce who it was against.

Can't wait.
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 5:40:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

They confirmed he's coming back for a fight, but didn't announce who it was against.

Can't wait.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can't wait.

I thought he was already booked on the Austin card..?
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 5:44:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

Nate is fighting next month.

We're talking about Nick.
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 5:48:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Can't wait.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can't wait.

Nice! Can't wait to see the fight.
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 5:52:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I see, said the blind man. Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 2:34:58 AM EDT
[#18]
If you request or discuss sharing of links to illegal steaming sites in this thread to avoid paying for PPV events, you will lose your account. No more warnings, it goes straight to a site ban.

OP, please leave the above in this post. - D_J

UFC on ESPN

Saturday, May 1st

Prelims on ESPN2/ESPN+ @ 4pm/7pm pst/est

Main on ESPN2/ESPN+ @ 7pm/10pm pst/est

Link Posted: 5/1/2021 6:58:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Starting soon.
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 7:39:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Only about 3 fights I want to see on this, the rest might be good but they don't necessarily make me want to sit and watch a whole event.
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 9:01:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Only about 3 fights I want to see on this, the rest might be good but they don't necessarily make me want to sit and watch a whole event.
View Quote

The main card has a lot better matchups than the prelims for sure.
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 9:45:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Lol some serious acting there
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 9:48:57 PM EDT
[#23]
Lol
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 9:49:54 PM EDT
[#24]
She was dominating that fight too, why do that?
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 10:24:58 PM EDT
[#25]
These two are insane
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 10:47:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Lol some serious acting there
View Quote
She was winning, but it sure looks like she faked a KO.
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 11:56:19 PM EDT
[#27]
Damn
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 12:13:20 AM EDT
[#28]
Montel motha fucking Jordan
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 12:36:45 AM EDT
[#29]
Damn he dominated Reyes.
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 12:42:10 AM EDT
[#30]
Yep, give that man a title fight.

Reyes got destroyed.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 10:24:42 PM EDT
[#31]
Damn Anthony Johnson just laid OUT Augusto!
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 10:33:31 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Damn Anthony Johnson just laid OUT Augusto!
View Quote

damn, I meant to watch that
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 10:34:36 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

I forgot all about it, and randomly turned it on, just in time to see the ko.
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 1:12:52 PM EDT
[#34]
If you request or discuss sharing of links to illegal steaming sites in this thread to avoid paying for PPV events, you will lose your account. No more warnings, it goes straight to a site ban.

UFC on ESPN

Saturday, May 8th

Prelims on ESPN+ @ 3pm/6pm pst/est

Main on ESPN/ESPN+ @ 5pm/8pm pst/est

Link Posted: 5/8/2021 2:03:12 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That was a decent card for Bellatore, not as boring as usual.
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 6:42:17 PM EDT
[#36]
Harris is for real!
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 6:43:13 PM EDT
[#37]
Hell of a UFC debut. And there goes my card for tonight.
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 7:27:06 PM EDT
[#38]
He leaking.
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 9:56:16 PM EDT
[#39]
Little late to this one..
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 10:23:37 PM EDT
[#40]
cerrone should retire
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 10:23:40 PM EDT
[#41]
I love Cerrone as much as the next guy, but Dana needs to cut him as he's not going to walk away and he's gonna get himself really hurt.
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 10:26:24 PM EDT
[#42]
he really does need to retire
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 10:29:52 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
he really does need to retire
View Quote

Like a few fights ago. ..
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 11:09:48 PM EDT
[#44]
the karate hottie's fun to watch in top position
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 5:32:04 PM EDT
[#45]

UFC 262

Saturday, May 15th

Early Prelims on ESPN+ @ 3:30pm/6:30pm pst/est

Prelims on ESPN/ESPN+ @ 5pm/8pm pst/est

Main on ESPN+ Pay Per View @ 7pm/10pm pst/est

Link Posted: 5/15/2021 9:45:11 PM EDT
[#46]
Thank goodness the octagon is mic’d up so well.  I really need to hear that arm break.  Fuck
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 9:45:14 PM EDT
[#47]
Arm snap
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 9:47:04 PM EDT
[#48]
Just nasty
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 9:50:44 PM EDT
[#49]
Oh snap!
Which was worse, the arm snap, or the Weidman leg break at the last numbered event.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 10:06:29 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Oh snap!
Which was worse, the arm snap, or the Weidman leg break at the last numbered event.
View Quote

Weidman was 1000% times worse since he tried to stand on it. Jacare just looked mildly annoyed.
Page / 320
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top