Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 2/21/2021 8:18:41 PM EDT
Mar22: The SEC paid him a visit and told him to shut up.

https://markets.businessinsider.com/currencies/news/big-short-investor-michael-burry-stop-tweets-sec-regulators-visit-2021-3-1030222890

Michael Burry's incendiary tweets have piqued the interest of federal regulators, the investor revealed this week.

"Tweeting and getting in the news lately apparently has caused the SEC to pay us a visit," the Scion Asset Management boss said in a now-deleted tweet.

View Quote

Well Michael Burry is trying to warn us again. He's rather cryptic but I think he's trying to warn us of China taking over the world economy. I know that's not really a surprise but you might want to read what he's saying and try to figure it out.

Link Posted: 2/21/2021 8:21:27 PM EDT
[#1]
I wonder what effect crypto currency will have on the dollar's value.
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 8:44:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Tomorrow is Monday, so let’s get the party started
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 8:54:28 PM EDT
[#3]
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

The Big Short — Michael Burry (Christian Bale) feat. District Divided — Darkest Hour

Link Posted: 2/21/2021 9:02:58 PM EDT
[#4]
So, global economic expansion is dependent on the pace of US printed money.  If the US stops printing money, the whole charade falls apart.  If the US continues to print money, the whole charade will fall apart eventually.

The solution is some new, innovative fiat that will fix/hide/solve the problems with the present house of cards.

Link Posted: 2/21/2021 9:05:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Americans won’t insist that anything be done about China until it’s too late.

How do I know that? It’s too late now.

Link Posted: 2/21/2021 9:08:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Americans won't insist that anything be done about China until it's too late.

How do I know that? It's too late now.

View Quote
i'm still open to moving to estonia.
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 9:09:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
So, global economic expansion is dependent on the pace of US printed money.  If the US stops printing money, the whole charade falls apart.  If the US continues to print money, the whole charade will fall apart eventually.

The solution is some new, innovative fiat that will fix/hide/solve the problems with the present house of cards.

View Quote
I think what he's saying is that if the Renminbi takes over from the Dollar as reserve currency, the dollar basically reverts to being a hyper inflated national currency. 60 years of inflation comes crashing home overnight.
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 9:15:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Well it’s been 10 years since I was readying a lot of big players and billionaires investing in China and the “robotic and AI age”.  That was a clear sign to me then and I’m just watching now as the dollar is weakened.  One of the many reasons why I’m diversifying everything!
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 9:16:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 9:21:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Americans won’t insist that anything be done about China until it’s too late.

How do I know that? It’s too late now.

View Quote

You can replace China with all kinds of shit in that statement and be correct.

In the US, we are departing the realm of "being concerned about China" and entering the realm of needing to deal with cockups much closer to home.
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 9:22:51 PM EDT
[#11]
It is past time to be investing in things other than dollars:

Yourself
Precious metals
Property
Making/mining/growing stuff
"Hardware"
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 9:22:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Ok, I'm warned. Now what?
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 9:26:06 PM EDT
[#13]
I'd say they are doing well.

Link Posted: 2/21/2021 9:26:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

That sounds fairly accurate to me.
Idk if the ENTIRE world relies on the petrodollar, but...ya.

Speed
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 9:30:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Well let's see, they won the US Presidency,  they won the rerouting of KeyStone pipeline to feed West Coast ports to feed China, they control Bitcoin that Americans are falling all over themselves to shovel $50k a pop for like its 1929 (gonna be a lot of long faces on that one), and they own massive amounts of US companies and soil, and the US economy is set up to collapse with communist and incompetent leadership, allowing sinking those bitcoins back into to buy up the US with bandwagon US Bitcoin investor money even.  And they have pillaged US intelligence and Intellectual property.

View Quote

Sounds right to me.  
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 9:32:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Its too late to do anything. Well theres things that can be done but cant be talked about here.
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 9:35:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's what happens when you pump egads of "cash" into most-every country's bank account year after year...
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 9:35:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Americans won't insist that anything be done about China until it's too late.

How do I know that? It's too late now.

The Baltic states are nice this time of year...
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 9:39:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Well it’s been 10 years since I was readying a lot of big players and billionaires investing in China and the “robotic and AI age”.  That was a clear sign to me then and I’m just watching now as the dollar is weakened.  One of the many reasons why I’m diversifying everything!
View Quote

I’m diversifying into seeds, machinery, guns, ammo, and relationships of like minded people.
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 9:39:49 PM EDT
[#20]
So should I buy a house or not?
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 9:40:10 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
So should I buy a house or not?
View Quote
yes.
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 9:40:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

The Baltic states are nice this time of year...
View Quote
i looked into latvia as well.
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 9:41:58 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Well let's see, they won the US Presidency,  they won the rerouting of KeyStone pipeline to feed West Coast ports to feed China, they control Bitcoin that Americans are falling all over themselves to shovel $50k a pop for like its 1929 (gonna be a lot of long faces on that one), and they own massive amounts of US companies and soil, and the US economy is set up to collapse with communist and incompetent leadership, allowing sinking those bitcoins back into to buy up the US with bandwagon US Bitcoin investor money even.  And they have pillaged US intelligence and Intellectual property.

View Quote

Link Posted: 2/21/2021 9:42:26 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I think what he's saying is that if the Renminbi takes over from the Dollar as reserve currency, the dollar basically reverts to being a hyper inflated national currency. 60 years of inflation comes crashing home overnight.
View Quote
That’s exactly what he’s saying.

People don’t think loss of reserve currency status be like it is, but it do.

Best protection against it is to basically be in anything BUT cash / USD.

That is already becoming highly apparent. Basically, cash is trash at this point and only going to get worse.
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 9:44:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
That’s exactly what he’s saying.

People don’t think loss of reserve currency status be like it is, but it do.

Best protection against it is to basically be in anything BUT cash / USD.

That is already becoming highly apparent. Basically, cash is trash at this point and only going to get worse.
View Quote

Leftists wont believe any of this. Ive tried talking to a couple friends of mine ( who I dont talk to as much as I used to because of their loony leftist beliefs) about whats going on but they blame it all on trump and think that biden will turn things around
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 9:45:54 PM EDT
[#26]
after the us dollar is worthless the 216 global chip will come pre loaded with stimi credits as an incentive
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 9:47:28 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
yes.
View Quote

Sarcastic?

I own a house now but wanted to upgrade.  So take a mortgage or stay where we are?
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 9:47:41 PM EDT
[#28]
Amazing he would use "cassandra" as his twitter handle.   Cassandra was the Trojan who warned about the horse and told everyone it should not be brought into the city.  She was ignored and we all know what happened afterwards.

We will be in a world of sh*t, but I think if we break from the Central Bank and reject its crypto, we can have a new breath of freedom for all humanity.  Remember, who devalued our money to begin with?  Neither you nor I but the central bank.

FWW
FFDR
FLBJ
FJC
FGHWB
FWJC
FGWB
FBHO
FJB
FKH

Two conditions must exist for hyperinflation.  First is brrrrrrrrrr!  That has been satisfied.   Second is the loss of faith in the currency and a flight from it as people exchange it for tangibles as fast as they can.  This condition has not been met - yet.
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 9:48:26 PM EDT
[#29]
It’s odd, kind of like the boy who cried wolf, people have been saying this for years and we all knew it but it hasn’t happened yet but now that he said it...

Sooner or later one of the sandwich board guys has to be right. Maybe this is why they want to keep everyone locked down. As soon as people get out and all the money they’ve printed get sloshing around there won’t any way to hide the inflation anymore.

Commodity prices are all rising. I heard the other day they’re calling corn futures bitcorn because it’s rising so fast. Inflation is already here on the 15-20% Imthink.
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 9:48:31 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Sarcastic?

I own a house now but wanted to upgrade.  So take a mortgage or stay where we are?
View Quote
dead serious.

prices keep going up and mortgages are damn near 0%.
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 9:49:00 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Yourself
Precious metals
Property
"Hardware"
View Quote

LEGOs, Rolex, and ammo are the only sure things in these trying times.
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 9:51:02 PM EDT
[#33]
I’ve been warning of this for years but I’m a nobody so nobody listens.
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 9:52:01 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

china owns Bitcoin?
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 9:52:06 PM EDT
[#35]
Pay off the mortgage tomorrow?

Link Posted: 2/21/2021 9:52:30 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Sarcastic?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
yes.

Sarcastic?

The only real estate I’d be buying right now is a house with tillable farm land in areas far far away from populated areas, preferably surrounded by like minded neighbors with lots of fire power to protect said land.
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 9:53:01 PM EDT
[#37]
so communism is better at capitalism than a representative democracy?

stop and chew on that idea for a minute.
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 9:53:28 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

The only real estate I'd be buying right now is a house with tillable farm land in areas far far away from populated areas, preferably surrounded by like minded neighbors with lots of fire power to protect said land.
View Quote
you're a couple decades too late.
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 9:54:16 PM EDT
[#39]
Russia and Iran are moving to trade for oil in other than dollars.  Russia has said that they will accept Chinese Yuan and rubles for oil.
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 9:54:25 PM EDT
[#40]
Do people think literally handing everyone thousand of stimmy checks would have no impact. This is of course after we out borrowed the USSR out of existence out of a perceived conventional war with a country with the economy of Mexico.
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 9:54:55 PM EDT
[#41]

I have it on audiobook. I’m on my third listen. First time I listened to it I went on eBay and bought a one milliard Mark note. Milliard was their word for billion  I think. Anyway, I have it stuck on my safe door next my trillion dollar Zimbabwe bill.
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 9:56:01 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

china owns Bitcoin?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

china owns Bitcoin?
No, they don’t. But he’s obviously mad and bitter that he missed out AGAIN, for a second time.

Nobody to blame but himself on that one. But rather than man up and take some responsibility, he’s gonna come on a gun forum and lash out about...of all things...Bitcoin.
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 9:57:03 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The only real estate I'd be buying right now is a house with tillable farm land in areas far far away from populated areas, preferably surrounded by like minded neighbors with lots of fire power to protect said land.

Bill Gates says otherwise, but yes for average folks, it’s getting late quick, but there’s still a few acres to be had.
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 9:57:37 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Yourself
Precious metals
Property
"Hardware"
View Quote

Don't think metals will help you during the event, the metals will help regain your wealth after something forms from the ashes of our system. But with the crack team Biden has assembled for his economic advisors, help will not be on the way.
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 9:58:02 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Do people think literally handing everyone thousand of stimmy checks would have no impact. This is of course after we out borrowed the USSR out of existence out of a perceived conventional war with a country with the economy of Mexico.
View Quote

The stimmy  checks aren’t shit in the grand scheme really. We’ve been dolling out far more in welfare for years. It’s the trillions we're shoving in the market lately.
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 10:00:47 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
so communism is better at capitalism than a representative democracy?

stop and chew on that idea for a minute.
View Quote

No, no it’s not.  Capitalism is the best system.  No perfect, but a hell of a lot better than communism.
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 10:00:48 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I wonder what effect crypto currency will have on the dollar's value.
View Quote

Rather, what effect would the dollar's declining value have on cryptos?  Cryptos go up!

Not all crytpos though.  95% are junk.  Bitcoin will survive as will a few others.
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 10:01:55 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

The stimmy  checks aren’t shit in the grand scheme really. We’ve been dolling out far more in welfare for years. It’s the trillions we're shoving in the market lately.
View Quote

Ehh. Federal debt as a percentage of GDP is reaching levels not seen since pre-1950.
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 10:01:56 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Yourself
Precious metals
Property
"Hardware"
View Quote

Sound advice there.
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 10:05:01 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Sarcastic?

View Quote

The larger home will appreciate more in a hyperinflationary environment and debt can be paid off more easily with worthless dollars. See the picture of the guy above with the wheelbarrow full of cash? He might have gotten that for selling a loaf of bread and headed to the bank to pay off his mortgage.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top