Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 12/19/2023 11:52:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Ukraine against Russia is like Puerto Rico against the United States.

It was always going to end this way as soon as America stopped pumping billions into the fight.

This was nothing more than a training exercise with other countries blood.
Link Posted: 12/19/2023 11:53:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I dunno. Ask Japan, China, and Europe how bad it is for them because they're in the same boat. Seems to me they're doing ok, and not quite as good as us. Or ask the Fed and with their Harvard and Yale degrees they will say it's fine. They're doing it on purpose. I'm 43 years old and I've been hearing about the national debt for 30+ years, every time the opposition party takes control of Congress (doesn't matter which party).

Meanwhile our yearly interest on the national debt is 2.5% of GDP and it was actually higher than that in the 1990s.
View Quote

They were doing fine because sugar daddy Uncle Sam kept them protected.

Uncle Sam is all out of fucks...and money.
Link Posted: 12/19/2023 11:55:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I dunno. Ask Japan, China, and Europe how bad it is for them because they're in the same boat. Seems to me they're doing ok, and not quite as good as us. Or ask the Fed and with their Harvard and Yale degrees they will say it's fine. They're doing it on purpose. I'm 43 years old and I've been hearing about the national debt for 30+ years, every time the opposition party takes control of Congress (doesn't matter which party).

Meanwhile our yearly interest on the national debt is 2.5% of GDP (or 20% of the federal budget, and lower than the defense budget) and it was actually higher than that in the 1990s. $60 billion to Ukraine is a drop in the proverbial bucket.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What you just showed is that the US.owes more than we produce in a year. You do realize  how bad that is, don't you?

Meanwhile our yearly interest on the national debt is 2.5% of GDP (or 20% of the federal budget, and lower than the defense budget) and it was actually higher than that in the 1990s. $60 billion to Ukraine is a drop in the proverbial bucket.

Being less crazy in a room full of crazies, doesn't make you the sane one
Link Posted: 12/19/2023 11:55:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Ukraine against Russia is like Puerto Rico against the United States.

It was always going to end this way as soon as America stopped pumping billions into the fight.

This was nothing more than a training exercise with other countries blood.
View Quote

Or North Vietnam vs the United States? Or Afghanistan?
Link Posted: 12/20/2023 12:12:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Awwww. lol.

If the Russians don't take him alive or the CIA ends him when his usefulness comes to an end, I hope some some disgruntled Ukie with a Barrett catches up with little stubby Z.

And I hope it hurts. Also lol.

View Quote

Well, I see a lot of Russian bots and Russian assets in America bashing Zelenskyy. Because Americans and Europeans don't care specifically who Ukraine's President is as long as it's a friendly one, but Russians absolutely care and will denigrate Zelenskyy at any chance they get. That's why they invaded.

The funny thing is he's been a good President. He was the outsider, anti-corruption candidate and fresh face who was not a career politician, and he's done more to end corruption in Ukraine than anyone in 30 years.
https://www.cnn.com/2023/09/03/world/ihor-kolomoisky-ukraine-fraud-investigation-intl-hnk/index.html
https://www.npr.org/2023/05/18/1176935492/ukraine-arrests-its-top-judge-amid-an-ongoing-crackdown-on-corruption
https://www.nytimes.com/2023/09/18/world/europe/zelensky-ukraine-defense-shakeup.html

And when he was offered evacuation he said:

Safe to say Ukraine wouldn't be a country if not for him and he enjoys great popularity there. It's just that the people are obsessed with getting Crimea back and it looks like we'll have to stop helping them do that eventually, probably sooner than later, because their counter-offensive failed and we don't care about Crimea.

"Some 19% (of Ukrainians) polled would favor giving up land to Russia (for peace), up from 14% last month and 10% in May. A “clear majority” still oppose concessions" -Bloomberg Dec 14 2023
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2023-12-14/more-ukrainians-gradually-backing-territorial-concessions-to-gain-peace
Link Posted: 12/20/2023 12:12:25 AM EDT
[#6]
The crack whore is abandoned by its new pimp.  Am I supposed to feel sympathy for it?  Nope.
Link Posted: 12/20/2023 1:00:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Can Ukraine beat Russia on a Budget?

Can Ukraine Beat Russia on a Budget?
Link Posted: 12/20/2023 1:17:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

LOL! 18.6% inflation over a three year period. We’re just fine and dandy.
View Quote

Fortunately we've fixed that. We're at 2-4% now which is historically normal (2% is the Fed's target) and the Fed has said they're going to start dropping interest rates. We don't want deflation.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2023/12/18/recession-economy-inflation/
https://www.wsj.com/economy/central-banking/fed-official-says-rate-cuts-could-be-needed-next-year-to-prevent-over-tightening-29d009ce

But we're going into and election year and we're going to hear a whole lot of bs about how this is the worst it's been since the great depression (of which we're facing another one if you don't vote right.)
Link Posted: 12/20/2023 1:39:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Should have spent more money on munitions vs pension funds
Link Posted: 12/20/2023 2:02:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Fortunately we've fixed that. We're at 2-4% now which is historically normal (2% is the Fed's target) and the Fed has said they're going to start dropping interest rates. We don't want deflation.

https://www.wsj.com/economy/central-banking/fed-official-says-rate-cuts-could-be-needed-next-year-to-prevent-over-tightening-29d009ce

But we're going into and election year and we're going to hear a whole lot of bs about how this is the worst it's been since the great depression (of which we're facing another one if you don't vote right.)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL! 18.6% inflation over a three year period. We’re just fine and dandy.

And who do you think that should be and why?
Link Posted: 12/20/2023 2:15:34 AM EDT
[#11]
R's doing the same shit to Ukraine that the Dems did to South Vietnam
Link Posted: 12/20/2023 2:16:56 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Awwww. lol.

If the Russians don't take him alive or the CIA ends him when his usefulness comes to an end, I hope some some disgruntled Ukie with a Barrett catches up with little stubby Z.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Awwww. lol.

Zelenskyy travelled to the front lines and he was taking photos with soldiers who had magazines in their rifles..in a combat zone.

Putin did not.

Quoted:
could probably buy a lot of ammo with those yachts and pensions we funded.

What Yachts? The same ones that were supposedly owned by Zelenskyy but when the brokerage was called stated "Yeah..those are still for sale"?

Let's drop the pension support and we can both agree on support, right?

Quoted:
Biden funded Ukraine's pensions and still hasn't funded our Social Security system.

Maybe he should try to do something for America for a change.

Aid to Ukraine does more good than the failing social security admin.

Quoted:
Awesome! Gunpowder will be plentiful again, 5.56 prices will come down, it will be glorious!

I say we divide UKR into West and East Ukraine.

Lead the way and give up half your house to the HOA

Putin doesn't want just east Ukraine. He wants all of Ukraine.

Why did he initially invade in 2014 and then invade again in 2022?

Quoted:

I understand not wanting to aid Ukraine but I still don't understand this pov. Why do you want Zelensky dead? Why not Putin?

Because Zelenskyy is this magical man who causes:

Bad economy
Poor gut health
Low returns on the Stock market
Erectile dysfunction
Low T

Quoted:

Except at this point we now know Russia is a paper tiger, they ain't rolling into Poland

A drunk with a gun is still a gun.

Ukraine has the benefit of space to trade. The baltics do not.

Quoted:
We don't have the money. That federal budget is quite a bit on the deficit side and as for strategically weakening Russia?
They still have 100% of the one thing they can threaten us with.

They don't have 100% of their army. They're 14,000 vehicles in the hole and 300k plus men along with the elite units devastated.

The BSF is going to be a paper tiger for decades..even the replacements were getting Storm Shadow'd on the pier being built
Link Posted: 12/20/2023 2:19:19 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
2024 will be different.
View Quote

Russia still won't be in Kyiv, so it's the same as 2022.

Russian field armies traditionally have a problem with capitols. They work really hard to get to them then stop and run away.

Example:

Russian VDV and air assault at Kyiv, 2022

Pringles the renegade hot dog vendor, Moscow, 2023
Link Posted: 12/20/2023 2:22:41 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

Prices have risen 18-24% over the past 3 years versus prior, but "we've fixed that" inflation problem.

Come on man, these are MSNBC and Biden administration (Bidenomics) talking points. No one really believes this. It's the reason why 70%+ believe the economy is awful.
Link Posted: 12/20/2023 2:46:01 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

And who do you think that should be and why?
View Quote

I don't like either candidate, haven't voted for a decade, and don't think we've had a good President since the early 90s. I got real sick of republicans being Obama's party of no, the single women osterizing you if you support President Trump the grab em by the pssy guy who beat the first woman President, the election denials, Trump's behavior, Biden's cognitive decline, stacking the Supreme Court, and this crap we have going on in Congress right now. Other independents like me agree.

George Friedman of Stratfor put it best in his lecture here (at 47:50):
"We have a habit of belittling our Presidents... I don't pay attention to that.. I don't care who is President, he's just a guy. I look at the forces driving the nation, ok. Nations are vast machines, and there are powers that shape them... First of all, the President does not make policy. He has policy options given to him, alright? Secondly the idea that all these things: Biden's decided this Biden's decided that, no he didn't. It was part of a system that was set in place. The idea the President is on all these vast things... I mean, before the war I couldn't even remember the name of Ukraine. To think this is a kingship or one person government is wrong."
George Friedman, Chairman and Founder, GeoPolitical Futures

So, if you want to devolve the Ukraine/Russia (and NATO/US/UN) conflict into a verbal Trump/Biden sparring match, you won't have a willing participant. Ukraine aid is affordable and has achieved our goals, but due to shifting political sands they better buck up and sue for peace soon or they're on their own. That's my analysis.
Link Posted: 12/20/2023 2:47:51 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Prices have risen 18-24% over the past 3 years versus prior, but "we've fixed that" inflation problem.

Come on man, these are MSNBC and Biden administration (Bidenomics) talking points. No one really believes this. It's the reason why 70%+ believe the economy is awful.
View Quote

Yeah we got 1 decades' worth of inflation over 3 years due to various stimulus packages and quantitative easing but by all measurements it is fixed now. So get over it.
Link Posted: 12/20/2023 2:50:40 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

6) Go fuck himself

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Let him:

1) Borrow from the World Bank
2) Borrow from the IMF
3) Borrow from Singapore
4) Set up a GoFundMe
5) Get Ukrainian bitches to offer 50% OnlyFans

6) Go fuck himself

Good call. Then maybe step 7 can be Zelensky getting dragged through the street by his own mobilized troops
Link Posted: 12/20/2023 2:57:27 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Well weakening Russia, a country that explicitly considers America their enemy, is good for national security. If 10 years ago you asked the joint chiefs to cut a check for $200 billion and take Russia off the map as a threat and world player for 20+ years they'd take that deal in a heartbeat. We just passed next year's defense budget for $880 billion. Our federal budget is $6.13 trillion and that goes to everything from healthcare to schools to helping the needy and homeless. We have the money. But the thing is we've already weakened Russia about as much as we're going to. We also wouldn't want them expanding into Europe, but it appears we've accomplished that as well. Now it's time for peace.
View Quote

35 billion of that is not allocated to the Department of Defense
Link Posted: 12/20/2023 3:03:01 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Yeah the world's economy looks like this:

https://www.visualcapitalist.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/08/global-economy-2023-1200px.jpg

We have money... specifically about a quarter of the world's economy even though we have only 4% of the world's population. We're rich, and the federal government goes into debt on purpose to stimulate and lubricate the economy. That's what the covid stimulus, TARP, and inflation reduction act did. Much of the debt is owed to ourselves: the Treasury prints money and the Fed Reserve Bank buys it as debt. Our debt to GDP ratio is 129% but look where China, Japan and the EU are:
https://i.postimg.cc/cLjV1Q7F/debt.jpg
https://fingfx.thomsonreuters.com/gfx/rngs/CHINA-DEBT-HOUSEHOLD/010030H712Q/index.html

We're in good shape, but if you only listen to the opposition party at any given time you would think we are collapsing and only they can save us from it.
View Quote
We're not rich. We're running $2 trillion dollar annual budget deficits and for every $1 of debt financed govt spending, we reduce private spending by $1.30. Every dollar of debt financed public spending results in a net loss of 30 cents. https://www.aeaweb.org/articles?id=10.1257/aer.20111196&&from=f

Our GDP is massively inflated as a result of the largest asset bubble in U.S. history that came from nearly a decade of 0% rates and corporate debt more than doubling from 2008 to present, followed by the COVID stimulus. All of which has helped completely hollow out our economy to the point where  intangible assets account for over 90% of the total assets in the S&P 500 vs only 17% in the 1970's. We're producing fugazi that is worthless and adds zero value to people's lives when it comes to providing material goods.

If rates remain normalized for any period of time, the asset bubble deflates, the tens of millions of jobs that were predicated on the existence of the bubble evaporate, and the government deficits explode even higher as tax revenues from the asset bubble and the income taxes from the jobs associated with the bubble evaporate, while the government is simultaneously increasing public expenditures for welfare and stimulus. We're primed to blow the largest peacetime deficits out of the water.  And these larger deficits, as mentioned earlier, overall have a negative multiplier after 3 years. So we have to go deeper and deeper into debt to create less growth. There is no free lunch.

Much of the rest of the world has a net positive balance of trade and produces real shit that people need, while we are running $65 billion monthly trade deficits. It would be an even uglier picture were it not for all the intangibles we "export." We are massively dependent on foreigners taking our money that wasn't earned via wealth generating activities and providing us with real tangible goods in exchange, much of which is critical medicine or Agricultural components that our unhealthy population would die without.

For the first time ever, we're spending over $1 trillion a year JUST on interest on the debt.
But yeah, we're in good shape lmfao.
Link Posted: 12/20/2023 3:21:53 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
We're not rich. We're running $2 trillion dollar annual budget deficits and for every $1 of debt financed govt spending, we reduce private spending by $1.30. So every dollar of debt financed public spending results in a net loss of 30 cents. https://www.aeaweb.org/articles?id=10.1257/aer.20111196&&from=f

Our GDP is massively inflated as a result of the largest asset bubble in U.S. history that came from nearly a decade of 0% rates and corporate debt more than doubling from 2008 to present, followed by the COVID stimulus. All of which has helped completely hollow out our economy to the point where  intangible assets accounted for over 90% of the total assets in the S&P 500 vs only 17% in the 1970's. We're producing fugazi that is worthless and adds zero value to people's lives when it comes to providing material goods.

If rates remain normalized for any period of time, the asset bubble deflates, the tens of millions of jobs that were predicated on the existence of the bubble evaporate, and the government deficits explode even higher as tax revenues from the asset bubble and the income taxes from the jobs associated with the bubble evaporate, while the government is simultaneously increasing public expenditures for welfare and stimulus. We're primed to blow the largest peacetime deficits out of the water.  And these larger deficits, as mentioned earlier, overall has a negative multiplier after 3 years. There is no free lunch.

Much of the rest of the world has a net positive balance of trade and produces real shit that people need, while we are running $50 billion dollar monthly trade deficits. It would be an even uglier picture were it not for all the intangibles we "export." We are massively dependent on foreigners taking our money and providing us with real goods, much of which is critical medicine or Agricultural components that our unhealthy population would die without.

View Quote

Well, here's the world's oil production, and this is 2021 while this year we're having a record year:

This is the world's food production:

Natural gas:

We will never face a food or energy shortage in the US anymore and are the top exporter or near the top in all categories. China and Europe cannot say that.

Integrated Circuits:

Auto exports/imports:

Airliners:

Military exports, software, steel, cell phones (Apple/Android) etc etc. Just pick a category.

In fact.
Here's a list of the top companies in the world by revenue:

Then look at the Federal Reserve, IMF, World Bank etc: all in the US. So don't tell me our money is fake. If your guy wins the next election you'll be singing another tune but for now our country, the best in the world, is 3rd rate according to the opposition.
Link Posted: 12/20/2023 3:46:48 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I don't like either candidate, haven't voted for a decade, and don't think we've had a good President since the early 90s. I got real sick of republicans being Obama's party of no, the single women osterizing you if you support President Trump the grab em by the pssy guy who beat the first woman President, the election denials, Trump's behavior, Biden's cognitive decline, stacking the Supreme Court, and this crap we have going on in Congress right now. Other independents like me agree.

George Friedman of Stratfor put it best in his lecture here (at 47:50):
"We have a habit of belittling our Presidents... I don't pay attention to that.. I don't care who is President, he's just a guy. I look at the forces driving the nation, ok. Nations are vast machines, and there are powers that shape them... First of all, the President does not make policy. He has policy options given to him, alright? Secondly the idea that all these things: Biden's decided this Biden's decided that, no he didn't. It was part of a system that was set in place. The idea the President is on all these vast things... I mean, before the war I couldn't even remember the name of Ukraine. To think this is a kingship or one person government is wrong."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kr_iDUeFdb4

So, if you want to devolve the Ukraine/Russia (and NATO/US/UN) conflict into a verbal Trump/Biden sparring match, you won't have a willing participant. Ukraine aid is affordable and has achieved our goals, but due to shifting political sands they better buck up and sue for peace soon or they're on their own. That's my analysis.
View Quote

So Bush 1988-1992 or Clinton 1993-1996 was good?
Link Posted: 12/20/2023 3:49:28 AM EDT
[#22]
LOL

The pro Russia accounts never fail to hype anything and everything.

While Russia is forced to buy ammo from North Korea and promise them SU-35S’s…
Link Posted: 12/20/2023 3:55:37 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

So Bush 1988-1992 or Clinton 1993-1996 was good?
View Quote

Clinton got lucky, because these were good times for the US, but even he would say he screwed up on trade relations with China, NAFTA, the Glass-Stagall Act retracted, and getting Ukraine to give up their nukes when they became independent. He has publicly expressed regret for most of that. Bush Sr I can't find much fault with. It turns out stopping the Gulf War short at 100 hrs was the right thing to do. If it wasn't for Ross Perot, Bush Sr would've been re-eleted. And other than Iran-Contra, Raegan was fine IMO. But again, a lot of this had to do with the people around them. Many people believe Raegan was senile as President. He was shot and incapacitated for awhile even.
Link Posted: 12/20/2023 3:57:01 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
LOL

The pro Russia accounts never fail to hype anything and everything.

While Russia is forced to buy ammo from North Korea and promise them SU-35S’s…
View Quote

Well, we've gotten shells from South Korea to send to Ukraine too
https://www.reuters.com/world/south-korea-lend-500000-rounds-artillery-shells-us-report-2023-04-12/

The dangerous thing is Russia may be trading missile tech and maybe even nuclear secrets with North Korea.
Link Posted: 12/20/2023 4:04:54 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Well, here's the world's oil production, and this is 2021 while this year we're having a record year:

https://cdn.statcdn.com/Infographic/images/normal/16274.jpeg

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-KfU9LM-hP54/TasRqXDnD5I/AAAAAAAAAJo/GbI8UP9av8g/s1600/chart_2.png

Natural gas:
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Cenker-Aktemur/publication/320897252/figure/fig3/AS:558035069345792@1510057336803/World-natural-gas-production-by-ten-countries-bcm-5.png

We will never face a food or energy shortage in the US anymore and are the top exporter or near the top in all categories. China and Europe cannot say that.

Integrated Circuits:
https://csis-website-prod.s3.amazonaws.com/s3fs-public/2023-05/fig1.jpg?VersionId=5hOgxdy6x9vBX6RGv.GqOu6YluyKnO1Q

Auto exports/imports:
https://cdn.statcdn.com/Infographic/images/normal/1451.jpeg

Airliners:
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/IdZCpkLvPjM/maxresdefault.jpg

Military exports, software, steel, cell phones (Apple/Android) etc etc. Just pick a category.

In fact.
https://cdn.howmuch.net/articles/largest-companies-in-the-world-2020-9231.jpg

Then look at the Federal Reserve, IMF, World Bank etc: all in the US. So don't tell me our money is fake. If your guy wins the next election you'll be singing another tune but for now our country, the best in the world, is 3rd rate according to the opposition.
View Quote

Your integrated circuits graphic comes from this report which comes to the conclusion of the significance of our allies in the Pacific in the creation of the products to sell https://www.csis.org/analysis/mapping-semiconductor-supply-chain-critical-role-indo-pacific-region

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/20/2023 4:11:57 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Your integrated circuits graphic comes from this report which comes to the conclusion of the significance of our allies in the Pacific in the creation of the products to sell https://www.csis.org/analysis/mapping-semiconductor-supply-chain-critical-role-indo-pacific-region
View Quote

Yeah, that's why we're spending $50+ billion to bring more of it to the US:
https://www.thetaxadviser.com/issues/2023/jun/what-the-inflation-reduction-and-chips-acts-could-mean-for-us-importers.html

But we're still one of the top ten producers, mostly in the middle range of complexity. We'd like to produce more high end stuff here. Texas Instruments is a very big company and in fact a lot of Russia's missiles have been using their chips.
Here's the motherboard of one:

https://www.reuters.com/investigates/special-report/ukraine-crisis-russia-missiles-chips/
Link Posted: 12/20/2023 4:15:27 AM EDT
[#27]
You do realize Russia will break any agreement they sign, right? You just made aggression profitable. China and Venezuela will do the same.
Link Posted: 12/20/2023 4:16:41 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Good call. Then maybe step 7 can be Zelensky getting dragged through the street by his own mobilized troops
View Quote

So far the only person who had his troops rebel against him was Putin.

Link Posted: 12/20/2023 4:20:16 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
You do realize Russia will break any agreement they sign, right? You just made aggression profitable. China and Venezuela will do the same.
View Quote

Yes. Our best expert on Russia, Stephan Kotkin, has said the same. Which is why he said China must mediate and guarantee the peace talks:
How Ukraine Can Win the Peace: A Conversation with Stephen Kotkin

If Putin stabs Xi Jinpeng in the back he will have burned his last bridge in the world except for maybe India.

And I like Guyana because they are the only S American country that speaks English, but their population is only 804k. If Venezuela invades it shouldn't be a bloodbath. Armenia may be different, and that invasion happened because of a weak Russia.
Link Posted: 12/20/2023 4:27:40 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Yeah, that's why we're spending $50+ billion to bring more of it to the US:
https://www.thetaxadviser.com/issues/2023/jun/what-the-inflation-reduction-and-chips-acts-could-mean-for-us-importers.html

But we're still one of the top ten producers, mostly in the middle range of complexity. We'd like to produce more high end stuff here. Texas Instruments is a very big company and in fact a lot of Russia's missiles have been using their chips.
Here's the motherboard of one:
https://www.reuters.com/investigates/special-report/assets/ukraine-crisis-russia-missiles-chips/texasInstruments3.jpg?v=041416080822
https://www.reuters.com/investigates/special-report/ukraine-crisis-russia-missiles-chips/
View Quote

Yeah, I’m pretty well versed on the status of microchips. The USA is in a shit position spending tax money in hopes to incentive a return to early 90s market share which back in the 1990s was still small.
Link Posted: 12/20/2023 4:38:45 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Well weakening Russia, a country that explicitly considers America their enemy, is good for national security. If 10 years ago you asked the joint chiefs to cut a check for $200 billion and take Russia off the map as a threat and world player for 20+ years they'd take that deal in a heartbeat. We just passed next year's defense budget for $880 billion. Our federal budget is $6.13 trillion and that goes to everything from healthcare to schools to helping the needy and homeless. We have the money. But the thing is we've already weakened Russia about as much as we're going to. We also wouldn't want them expanding into Europe, but it appears we've accomplished that as well. Now it's time for peace.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Explain logically why we need to finance a war there.  Not the "beating Russia is all that matters" line.

Also tired of the Dems laundering cash back to themselves with this bullshit.

Except for nukes, Russia hasn't been a threat to the US since the fall of the USSR. All the Ukraine grifters has manage to do is make the use of nukes more likely.
Link Posted: 12/20/2023 4:39:22 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Yeah, I’m pretty well versed on the status of microchips. The USA is in a shit position spending tax money in hopes to incentive a return to early 90s market share which back in the 1990s was still small.
View Quote

Shit compared to who? There's only a couple countries who could boast a large advantage to us and we found out we are too reliant on them when the shortage happened. Thus the investment. But we invented the microhip in the US, as well as electricity, light bulbs, the internet, cell phones, the airplane etc. So now that the technology has matured and the investment has happened I don't think we'll have a problem bringing a lot more of it to America. We have more skilled labor in the tech sector than most countries. Germany, Spain, the UK, Italy, Brazil, Russia etc would love to have our microchip industry. I think we're even beating China, or close. And everyone sends their best to the US to get educated in our schools.
Link Posted: 12/20/2023 4:39:23 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I'm glad these threads keep popping up, no need to clutter the 5000 page thread on the subject .
View Quote

From what I understand, non Ukebros get tossed out of there.
Link Posted: 12/20/2023 4:47:15 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Except for nukes, Russia hasn't been a threat to the US since the fall of the USSR. All the Ukraine grifters has manage to do is make the use of nukes more likely.
View Quote

“Don’t fight back, he might have a gun!”

Ukraine aid has made the use of nukes less likely. Russia was stripping their nuke soldiers months ago for Ukraine. Where are the MX personnel going? Funds?
Link Posted: 12/20/2023 4:52:46 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Let him:

1) Borrow from the World Bank
2) Borrow from the IMF
3) Borrow from Singapore
4) Set up a GoFundMe
5) Get Ukrainian bitches to offer 50% OnlyFans
View Quote

This is why I come to GD! Out-of-the-box, asymmetrical solutions!
Link Posted: 12/20/2023 5:28:46 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

“Don’t fight back, he might have a gun!”

Ukraine aid has made the use of nukes less likely. Russia was stripping their nuke soldiers months ago for Ukraine. Where are the MX personnel going? Funds?
View Quote

Yeah I think that a nuclear power like the US or NATO cannot give in to nuclear blackmail. Where does it end? And analysts at the ISW have learned that Putin only resorts to nuclear threats when he's losing.
Link Posted: 12/20/2023 3:58:32 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-KfU9LM-hP54/TasRqXDnD5I/AAAAAAAAAJo/GbI8UP9av8g/s1600/chart_2.png

Natural gas:
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Cenker-Aktemur/publication/320897252/figure/fig3/AS:558035069345792@1510057336803/World-natural-gas-production-by-ten-countries-bcm-5.png

Integrated Circuits:
https://csis-website-prod.s3.amazonaws.com/s3fs-public/2023-05/fig1.jpg?VersionId=5hOgxdy6x9vBX6RGv.GqOu6YluyKnO1Q

Auto exports/imports:

Airliners:

In fact.

View Quote
Who is "my guy"

Almost all of those top companies are making revenue by selling products manufactured abroad. Or they're selling advertisements and data mining services to companies that are selling products that were manufactured abroad. Or they're selling business support to companies that are ultimately selling products that were manufactured abroad. Look past all the intangible fluff and asset bubble related bullshit, and our real economy that produces real tangible things that people actually need is not nearly as big as people think.

You can have all the natural resources in the world, but it is meaningless if your country is run by entitled, incompetent fools. And much of our resources are being extracted and harvested thanks to critical foreign manufactured components.

Our money still has value because of the residual inertia from our former glory. But eventually people will want a commensurate amount of goods in exchange for the enormous amount of goods that they send our way. Why send trillions in goods to the US when you get dollars that can only really be used to buy goods from other countries that also run massive trade surpluses against the US. Cut out the fat and unnecessary US middleman who doesn't send anything of value your way. Force America to actually exchange real goods for the real goods that are sent to us. It's not fair for the rest of the world to be more austere so they can subsidize a bunch of unproductive Americans. Every previous system like this has failed and this will be no different.

We are running massive $2 trillion dollar annual budget deficits during the "Good Times." Imagine how that picture will look when the asset bubble bursts and the government is stimulating even more with deficit financed spending that yields 70 cents worth of growth for every dollar spent.
Link Posted: 12/20/2023 4:13:50 PM EDT
[#38]
A Putin win would be disastrous not only for Europe but for the US. Russia has been talking for years about actively opposing US interests around the world. They mean it. They don't care about much except expanding their empire and screwing with the US. Look how effective their propaganda has been in the US. You've got half of GD repeating Moscow's talking points. Watch how Muscovites talk if you don't believe it:

GD likes to talk about how the US is circling the drain. Let Putin win in Ukraine, Georgia, Moldova, and see the US join Britain in terms of global power and stature. Isolationists would be fine with that, but the hidden costs and unintended consequences are likely to be pretty bad. Pax Americana was a good thing (while it lasted). It's ending now.
Link Posted: 12/20/2023 4:24:18 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
A Putin win would be disastrous not only for Europe but for the US. Russia has been talking for years about actively opposing US interests around the world. They mean it. They don't care about much except expanding their empire and screwing with the US. Look how effective their propaganda has been in the US. You've got half of GD repeating Moscow's talking points. Watch how Muscovites talk if you don't believe it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iay4oSgRtCo

GD likes to talk about how the US is circling the drain. Let Putin win in Ukraine, Georgia, Moldova, and see the US join Britain in terms of global power and stature. Isolationists would be fine with that, but the hidden costs and unintended consequences are likely to be pretty bad. Pax Americana was a good thing (while it lasted). It's ending now.
View Quote
You can't have one unproductive country running massive trade deficits coercing a bunch of others productive countries running trade surpluses to continue subsidizing it for long. We attained our power by being the most productive, hardest working country in the world and we will lose that power by being one of the most entitled and lazy countries in the world.

We aren't going to be able to force foreigners to continue being our little bitches via the barrel of a gun and bribing their politicians. Eventually they're going to grow tired of the austerity they've had to endure to subsidize us and will want a commensurate amount of goods in exchange for all the shit they send our way. We stay powerful by making shit that foreigners want and having a neutral or positive balance of trade, we lose power by running massive twin deficits like we are currently. You can't expect the rest of the world to subsidize $65 billion trade deficits and $2 trillion annual budget deficits forever.
Link Posted: 12/20/2023 4:34:25 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Shit compared to who? There's only a couple countries who could boast a large advantage to us and we found out we are too reliant on them when the shortage happened. Thus the investment. But we invented the microhip in the US, as well as electricity, light bulbs, the internet, cell phones, the airplane etc. So now that the technology has matured and the investment has happened I don't think we'll have a problem bringing a lot more of it to America. We have more skilled labor in the tech sector than most countries. Germany, Spain, the UK, Italy, Brazil, Russia etc would love to have our microchip industry. I think we're even beating China, or close. And everyone sends their best to the US to get educated in our schools.
View Quote

Read USA microchip industry news - get back to me after
Link Posted: 12/20/2023 5:17:53 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

The Fed could snap their fingers and forgive much of that debt tomorrow. But we'd see runaway inflation. It's a balancing act factoring in debt, printing money, inflation, interest rates and expanding or shrinking the economy because inflation/deflation depends on supply, demand and how much money is in circulation. The size of the economy can be predicted by interest rates because no one invests in a new business if interest rates are too high and if it's near 0 people make risky investments. There's much more to it than just the federal debt. There's GDP, and there's stimulating the economy too.

For instance, the Inflation Reduction Act spent $50 on boosting domestic chip production.
https://www.globalxetfs.com/inflation-reduction-act-and-chips-act-likely-to-build-more-momentum-for-u-s-infrastructure/
We found out we're relying on Taiwan for that too much. That investment will boost our debt but also improve our GDP and in a strategic way. And $50 billion (about the same we're giving to Ukraine annually) is only 1% of our federal budget.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
We don't have the money. That federal budget is quite a bit on the deficit side and as for strategically weakening Russia?
They still have 100% of the one thing they can threaten us with.

The Fed could snap their fingers and forgive much of that debt tomorrow. But we'd see runaway inflation. It's a balancing act factoring in debt, printing money, inflation, interest rates and expanding or shrinking the economy because inflation/deflation depends on supply, demand and how much money is in circulation. The size of the economy can be predicted by interest rates because no one invests in a new business if interest rates are too high and if it's near 0 people make risky investments. There's much more to it than just the federal debt. There's GDP, and there's stimulating the economy too.

For instance, the Inflation Reduction Act spent $50 on boosting domestic chip production.
https://www.globalxetfs.com/inflation-reduction-act-and-chips-act-likely-to-build-more-momentum-for-u-s-infrastructure/
We found out we're relying on Taiwan for that too much. That investment will boost our debt but also improve our GDP and in a strategic way. And $50 billion (about the same we're giving to Ukraine annually) is only 1% of our federal budget.

FYI That money spent on chip production was going to companies that already had plans in the works (and money allocated) to build FABs in the USA. They have since taken that money and delayed building. Basically they got taxpayer money to do what they were going to do in the first place than ran.

We rely more on SKorea than Taiwan. Taiwan is number 3 in the world at this. SKorea is 1, China is 2 and Taiwan is 3 Japan 4, Germany 5 USA 6
My son works for a company(s) that make chip implanters. Without those no chips get made.
Link Posted: 12/20/2023 5:20:52 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What you just showed is that the US.owes more than we produce in a year. You do realize  how bad that is, don't you?

I have a son your age. I remember when we actually tried to balance the budget instead of making excuses that "it's only a drop in the bucket"
Link Posted: 12/20/2023 5:27:52 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Well, I see a lot of Russian bots and Russian assets in America bashing Zelenskyy. Because Americans and Europeans don't care specifically who Ukraine's President is as long as it's a friendly one, but Russians absolutely care and will denigrate Zelenskyy at any chance they get. That's why they invaded.

The funny thing is he's been a good President. He was the outsider, anti-corruption candidate and fresh face who was not a career politician, and he's done more to end corruption in Ukraine than anyone in 30 years.
https://www.cnn.com/2023/09/03/world/ihor-kolomoisky-ukraine-fraud-investigation-intl-hnk/index.html
https://www.npr.org/2023/05/18/1176935492/ukraine-arrests-its-top-judge-amid-an-ongoing-crackdown-on-corruption
https://www.nytimes.com/2023/09/18/world/europe/zelensky-ukraine-defense-shakeup.html

https://i.imgflip.com/678ntm.jpg

Safe to say Ukraine wouldn't be a country if not for him and he enjoys great popularity there. It's just that the people are obsessed with getting Crimea back and it looks like we'll have to stop helping them do that eventually, probably sooner than later, because their counter-offensive failed and we don't care about Crimea.

"Some 19% (of Ukrainians) polled would favor giving up land to Russia (for peace), up from 14% last month and 10% in May. A "clear majority" still oppose concessions" -Bloomberg Dec 14 2023
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2023-12-14/more-ukrainians-gradually-backing-territorial-concessions-to-gain-peace
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Awwww. lol.

https://i.imgflip.com/678ntm.jpg

"Some 19% (of Ukrainians) polled would favor giving up land to Russia (for peace), up from 14% last month and 10% in May. A "clear majority" still oppose concessions" -Bloomberg Dec 14 2023
Meanwhile from his speech yesterday
Attachment Attached File

So not only can they not hold presidential elections (notice there was no mention of some martial law BS and that he didn't deny it)   but they cannot fix the rampant corruption because elections would not be appropriate during wartime

Link Posted: 12/20/2023 5:29:15 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Can Ukraine beat Russia on a Budget?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFoYuzJpZ3w
View Quote
The estimates it will take not only the 500k new blood but 750billion is aid.
I don't care who's President, that number is unlikely to happen
Link Posted: 12/20/2023 5:31:55 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL! 18.6% inflation over a three year period. We're just fine and dandy.

Sorry dude, that's bullshit 45 is only "normal" when a dem is President.
The annual inflation rate in the US slowed to 3.1% in November 2023, the lowest reading in five months, from 3.2% in October and in line with market forecasts. Energy costs dropped 5.4% (vs -4.5% in October), with gasoline declining 8.9%, utility (piped) gas service falling 10.4% and fuel oil sinking 24.8%. Additionally, prices increased at softer pace for food (2.9% vs. 3.3%), shelter (6.5% vs. 6.7%), new vehicles (1.3% vs. 1.9%) and apparel (1.1% vs. 2.6%) and continued to decline for used cars and trucks (-3.8% vs -7.1%). On the other hand, prices rose faster for medical care commodities (5% vs 4.7%) and transportation services (10.1% vs. 9.2%). Compared to the previous month, consumer prices edged 0.1% higher, compared to expectations of a flat reading, and after being unchanged in October, as higher shelter cost offset a decline in the gasoline index. Meanwhile, core inflation remained at 4% and the monthly rate rose to 0.3% from 0.2%, in line with forecasts. source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.

Link Posted: 12/20/2023 5:33:33 PM EDT
[#46]
Fuck the fucking pukes...
Link Posted: 12/20/2023 5:36:16 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Natural gas:

Integrated Circuits:

Auto exports/imports:

Airliners:

In fact.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
We're not rich. We're running $2 trillion dollar annual budget deficits and for every $1 of debt financed govt spending, we reduce private spending by $1.30. So every dollar of debt financed public spending results in a net loss of 30 cents. https://www.aeaweb.org/articles?id=10.1257/aer.20111196&&from=f

Our GDP is massively inflated as a result of the largest asset bubble in U.S. history that came from nearly a decade of 0% rates and corporate debt more than doubling from 2008 to present, followed by the COVID stimulus. All of which has helped completely hollow out our economy to the point where  intangible assets accounted for over 90% of the total assets in the S&P 500 vs only 17% in the 1970's. We're producing fugazi that is worthless and adds zero value to people's lives when it comes to providing material goods.

If rates remain normalized for any period of time, the asset bubble deflates, the tens of millions of jobs that were predicated on the existence of the bubble evaporate, and the government deficits explode even higher as tax revenues from the asset bubble and the income taxes from the jobs associated with the bubble evaporate, while the government is simultaneously increasing public expenditures for welfare and stimulus. We're primed to blow the largest peacetime deficits out of the water.  And these larger deficits, as mentioned earlier, overall has a negative multiplier after 3 years. There is no free lunch.

Much of the rest of the world has a net positive balance of trade and produces real shit that people need, while we are running $50 billion dollar monthly trade deficits. It would be an even uglier picture were it not for all the intangibles we "export." We are massively dependent on foreigners taking our money and providing us with real goods, much of which is critical medicine or Agricultural components that our unhealthy population would die without.

Natural gas:

Integrated Circuits:

Auto exports/imports:

Airliners:

In fact.

We are not producing that much oil. Biden had a fire sale on the strategic oil reserves to try to keep gas under a zillion dollars. That is why that 2021 number is so high.

cell phones (Apple/Android)?   Samsung (Korea) and Apple (made in China) would like a word with you
Link Posted: 12/20/2023 5:36:35 PM EDT
[#48]
Maybe he should sell the two yachts he just bought for 75 million that obviously came from skimming off the top of the aid.  
Link Posted: 12/20/2023 5:42:24 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Why are you insinuating he doesn't want Putin dead?

Get both.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Awwww. lol.

I understand not wanting to aid Ukraine but I still don't understand this pov. Why do you want Zelensky dead? Why not Putin?

Why are you insinuating he doesn't want Putin dead?

Get both.

Definitely fuck zfag.... and I too hope his death is painful... fuck putin too...let them both die...
Link Posted: 12/20/2023 5:49:07 PM EDT
[#50]
Ukrainites here should send them their person guns and ammo to prove their support.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top