BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/28/2020 8:11:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Even without the fire, that's the saddest looking "parade" I've ever seen.  There were what, 50 people there?

Also, how the fuck is that thing a "tank destroyer"?  What caliber was that gun, 20mm?
View Quote

The Russians use that term for a variety of different vehicles. During the Cold War they had everything from BRDMs to MT-LBs equipped with ATGMs, and called those "Tank Destroyers"...which isn't inaccurate in so far as they DO have the capability to destroy tanks, and some of those ATGMs have more range than tank rounds.

However, that doesn't mean you're going to survive whatever return fire comes your way.

As for the comparison to the Stryker...It's not really the same class of vehicle. The Stryker started off as a medium and has progressively put on weight over the years (18 tons was the objective for C-130 transportability...no don't think too hard about that).

The Bumerang was designed as a heavy wheeled IFV from the outset (a trend in recent years among several countries). It weighs 34 tons already.
Link Posted: 6/28/2020 10:10:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Improved Amphibious capability over the BTR-90?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Improved Amphibious capability over the BTR-90?

Not sure if it can float.

Quoted:
Even without the fire, that's the saddest looking "parade" I've ever seen.  There were what, 50 people there?

Also, how the fuck is that thing a "tank destroyer"?  What caliber was that gun, 20mm?

They put Kornet missiles on everything.

It's probably a 2a42 30mm gun or may be 35mm, I haven't followed the newer stuff like I should.

We have humvees that are TOW carriers, essentially a "tank destroyer".
Link Posted: 6/28/2020 5:51:40 PM EDT
[#3]
The Boomerang has either a 30 or  57 mm cannon.  There were plans to make an anti-tank version with 125mm cannon, I don't know if it ever entered production.

Russian news says that the smoke was from an oil leak in the exhaust manifold.
Link Posted: 6/28/2020 5:59:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Fake news.  They were merely demonstrating the capability of a break down and how they are able to overcome it.  Like the T-14 a few years ago.  
View Quote

Minister of Troof.
Link Posted: 6/28/2020 6:09:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
meh, shit breaks.
View Quote

In America.

In Russia, nothing works
Link Posted: 6/28/2020 6:29:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
meh, Russian shit breaks.
View Quote

FIFY
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top