Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 6:50:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If your job can be automated, it needs to be. Shitty, repetitive work is not for humans that is for machines.

Humans are for creativity
View Quote

What % of the human population is capable of _useful_ creativity?

We've already proven beyond much doubt that people without purpose are mostly a danger to themselves and society.  For pretty much the entirety of human history that purpose was provided by keeping yourself and your kids from starving.

I see the benefits too, but I see a lot to fear when we turn the large majority of wage slaves into consumers with nothing of value to contribute.
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 7:06:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

What % of the human population is capable of _useful_ creativity?

We've already proven beyond much doubt that people without purpose are mostly a danger to themselves and society.  For pretty much the entirety of human history that purpose was provided by keeping yourself and your kids from starving.

I see the benefits too, but I see a lot to fear when we turn the large majority of wage slaves into consumers with nothing of value to contribute.
View Quote

Agreed that people need to work but rejecting the concept of globalism at all costs will allow greater creativity.  Businesses need to be smaller and more local, as a general rule.  The average employee can be responsible for more tasks that include talking to people, making sales, and also building things.  That’s more human than specialization in a globalist system.  I mean, globalism led by elites with multiple passports has been an amazing blessing for American culture and our economy (sarcasm) but I think we can make something else work.
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 7:07:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Where oh where would someone find people willing to work as ultracheap factory labor...
https://www.ktsm.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/38/2023/03/FsbwchBaIAAZPxS.jpg
View Quote

We are fools for not having moved all the cheap China/Asia manufacturing to Mexico.
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 8:51:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

We are fools for not having moved all the cheap China/Asia manufacturing to Mexico.
View Quote

For a several massively excellent reasons.  

Having prosperous neighbors lifts the entire region up.

However, I can see exactly why it wasn’t done.  For those exact same reasons.   Having instability makes people more tribal and pointing fingers while the elites continue to do their “thing.”
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 9:05:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Yes.

Americans really do not have a problem with slavery, as long as its modern slavery.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If global prosperity is rising to the degree that sweatshops are not economically viable, THAT IS GOOD THING.

Yes.

Americans really do not have a problem with slavery, as long as its modern slavery.

Name an era where named or de facto slavery didn't make the world go round?

Slavery is still constitutional in the US as long as the person has been convicted of a crime. Have you checked out the US per cañita incarceration rate vs the rest of the world?
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 9:09:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
If your job can be automated, it needs to be. Shitty, repetitive work is not for humans that is for machines.

Humans are for creativity
View Quote

Yay UBI. Do you have any idea how many humans aren't creative?
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 9:11:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Agree completely.  America in particular needs to get over its obsession with cheap, meaningless, excess.

I’m as guilty as anyone, having a house full of bullshit I have no need or really even want for, but it was a good deal so I snatched it up.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good.

Agree completely.  America in particular needs to get over its obsession with cheap, meaningless, excess.

I’m as guilty as anyone, having a house full of bullshit I have no need or really even want for, but it was a good deal so I snatched it up.

American consumption and foreign aid with printed fiat couched in geographical and agricultural dominance has allowed the third world to develop. The end of the petrodollar will hit them as hard as it hits us.
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 9:11:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
It’s patriotic to buy shit on credit.
View Quote

We've bought entire bloodlines with welfare.
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 9:16:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Yes.

Americans really do not have a problem with slavery, as long as it's modern slavery.
View Quote
Civilization depends on slavery of some sort. Folks just prefer not to see it or be reminded of it these days.
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 9:18:29 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 9:21:30 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

"Everybody wants to be an Instagrammer or a photographer or a stylist or work at a coffee shop," he said.

View Quote
Amazing that anyone would want to do one of those for a living, rather than working long hours on boring, repetitive assembly lines for shit wages.  

The nerve of some people!

Link Posted: 8/8/2023 9:27:19 AM EDT
[#12]
I'm willing to pay more for good quality that I don't have to throw away every year.
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 9:32:42 AM EDT
[#13]
This thread goes hand-in-hand with this other thread:  https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/This-is-how-it-ends-In-2025-interest-payments-on-the-debt-will-rise-to-1-2-trillion-end-of-USD/5-2663912/

Globalisation is meant to impoverish the world.  Chinese can't compete against Africa for cheap labor.  

We need to bring back sweat shops to manufacture our clothes.  When I was a child, there was no shortage of them in SF.  The trouble is most Americans don't want to work anymore.  Cut off their EBT and other free sh*t and they'll work - or starve.
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 9:35:41 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Hint:  Americans don’t want those shit manufacturing jobs either.  They would also rather be instagrammers or baristas
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'd rather have a viable US manufacturing resurgence than disposable clothing and $300 TVs. Anything that raises the cost of foreign produced goods reduces their comparative advantage.

Hint:  Americans don’t want those shit manufacturing jobs either.  They would also rather be instagrammers or baristas

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 9:38:47 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Believe it or not the Chinese don't actually believe in contracts the way Westerners think of them. Like it literally doesn't exist in their culture the way we do things with a handshake or a signed contract. To them it's more of a suggestion than something they're legally obligated to uphold.

If give your IP to a Chinese company the reality is you're giving them license to copy it and undercut you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My wife buys a lot of expensive fabric.  US/European companies hate working with Chinese companies.   They steal everything and are always trying to renegotiate after the contract is signed and before the product is delivered.

China has already peaked.  It will be interesting if they can manage the decline without it turning into a murderous cleansing.

Can't wait for the CCP to sell American politicians for pennies on the dollar.

Believe it or not the Chinese don't actually believe in contracts the way Westerners think of them. Like it literally doesn't exist in their culture the way we do things with a handshake or a signed contract. To them it's more of a suggestion than something they're legally obligated to uphold.

If give your IP to a Chinese company the reality is you're giving them license to copy it and undercut you.
People forget we're dealing with a nation who literally rounded up and executed everyone who was educated within living memory.
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 9:41:59 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

American consumption and foreign aid with printed fiat couched in geographical and agricultural dominance has allowed the third world to develop. The end of the petrodollar will hit them as hard as it hits us.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good.

I'm as guilty as anyone, having a house full of bullshit I have no need or really even want for, but it was a good deal so I snatched it up.

The end of the petrodollar will be the second coming of the Bronze Age Collapse or the end of the Rome.

Billions in the third world will fall into despair, starvation, and conflict if history is any guide.
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 9:44:06 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
If global prosperity is rising to the degree that sweatshops are not economically viable, THAT IS A GOOD THING.
View Quote
I agree.... but the next source of cheap labor is Latin America and Africa.
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 9:45:15 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Where oh where would someone find people willing to work as ultracheap factory labor...
View Quote
Cheaper to open factories in Latin America than the US. Less regulations, less oversight, less overall costs.
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 9:58:31 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
This thread goes hand-in-hand with this other thread:  https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/This-is-how-it-ends-In-2025-interest-payments-on-the-debt-will-rise-to-1-2-trillion-end-of-USD/5-2663912/

Globalisation is meant to impoverish the world.  Chinese can't compete against Africa for cheap labor.  

We need to bring back sweat shops to manufacture our clothes.  When I was a child, there was no shortage of them in SF.  The trouble is most Americans don't want to work anymore.  Cut off their EBT and other free sh*t and they'll work - or starve.
View Quote

And the economic contraction will ensure that nobody can buy the sweatshop clothes anyway. Return to floral printed flower sacks.
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 10:01:27 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
The end of the petrodollar will be the second coming of the Bronze Age Collapse or the end of the Rome.

Billions in the third world will fall into despair, starvation, and conflict if history is any guide.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good.

I'm as guilty as anyone, having a house full of bullshit I have no need or really even want for, but it was a good deal so I snatched it up.

Return to Constitutional SOUND MONEY.

Dark Ages 2: Radioactive Boobglue
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 10:03:30 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Slavery is still constitutional in the US as long as the person has been convicted of a crime. Have you checked out the US per cañita incarceration rate vs the rest of the world?
View Quote

Fuck if I know.  Why don’t you tell us?

Quoted:

Civilization depends on slavery of some sort. Folks just prefer not to see it or be reminded of it these days.
View Quote

Ya.  All I see is America perseverates over slavery in history but ignores modern day slavery.
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 10:04:55 AM EDT
[#22]
"Everybody wants to be an Instagrammer or a photographer or a stylist or work at a coffee shop," he said.
View Quote

There goes the planet...
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 10:06:29 AM EDT
[#23]
Oh, fudge

Now a shirt from Orvis will cost 200 bucks.

Attachment Attached File

Quoted:

View Quote
Nope

Neil Diamond - Coming to America

Link Posted: 8/8/2023 10:06:47 AM EDT
[#24]
It's a cycle.  Third world shit hole becomes the worlds junk manufacturer.  As time goes buy their standard of living begins to rise till eventually the world find another cheap labor shit hold to make it's junk.

I remember when Japan made the worlds junk.  Now they largely make quality stuff.
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 10:10:04 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Ya.  All I see is America perseverates over slavery in history but ignores modern day slavery.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/8/2023 10:14:00 AM EDT
[#26]
Are you suggesting we should export our inmates to less fortunate countries?
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 10:26:52 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Are you suggesting we should export our inmates to less fortunate countries?
View Quote

We could start by paring down our malum prohibitum laws and completely outlaw slavery with a constitutional amendment.
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 10:29:23 AM EDT
[#28]
I’d like to cross reference some of the posts here with the “TEMU” thread that had surprisingly high enthusiasm
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 10:31:24 AM EDT
[#29]
Good.

Next stop for slave labor:  India or South America. They seem to have a good number of people that could use jobs.  SA might be a tough sell, as we're telling them all to come to the USA and live for FREE -- who wants to work if that is the alternative?
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 10:34:28 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

Africa ought to be next on the list to be a source of cheap labour and reap the benefits of economic development that brings but those that have tried found it worked... poorly.
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 10:34:52 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Yes.
View Quote

I have a problem with it.

We should put tariffs on imported goods equal to the amount of minimum wage/regulation/benefits that US companies have to pay for their employees.  Let's level the playing field ...for real.
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 10:36:29 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Yes.

View Quote

Isn't everything modern better? That would seem to be the woke messaging.
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 10:45:09 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
We could start by paring down our malum prohibitum laws and completely outlaw slavery with a constitutional amendment.
View Quote

Name a place in the USA where slavery is legal.

Don't try some BS about how making people work for a living is "slavery".
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 10:51:19 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Explains their anti-Trump agenda - they want Chinese slave labor to make their cheap stuff.
View Quote

The left and the left leaning has always wanted near free or slave labor. Our left, their left ( communists, NAZIs , Islamist regimes ), and yes on explaining their anti freedom, anti capitalist, and anti Trump ( a capitalist) leanings.
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 10:56:38 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Literally everywhere as long as you incarcerate them first.

ETA: Seriously. Every single State. It's pretty common for "made in the USA" products to be produced by prison labor. Hey - it's even Berry Act compliant! Common items provided to the government via contract are produced by prison slave labor. It is what it is.
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 11:00:27 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

And the economic contraction will ensure that nobody can buy the sweatshop clothes anyway. Return to floral printed flower sacks.
View Quote

I remember reading about them but nowadays flour or sugar sacks are paper.  They go back to ante-bellum (pre-Civil War) era.  Besides, most modern American women don't know how to sew.

The duration of disorder is dependent on how fast we build our local economies first, then county, then state and finally nation.  We don't need to rebuild the financial system which is a system of grift with assets concentrating via wealth transfer on the top but an economy.  This depend on how fast we reject their proposed CBDC and go on our own (non central bank controlled digital curency, gold, silver).  
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 11:01:55 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

All of it. I hope constitution.Congress.gov is official enough of a source for you.
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 11:02:52 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
If global prosperity is rising to the degree that sweatshops are not economically viable, THAT IS A GOOD THING.
View Quote

How is global prosperity good for the US of A? Having poor countries that manufacture goods and countries that suppress their people like dictators do puts less pressure on global resources. People with extra money want stuff, like cars which use petroleum products. That increases costs for us.
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 11:05:59 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I remember reading about them but nowadays flour or sugar sacks are paper.  They go back to ante-bellum (pre-Civil War) era.  Besides, most modern American women don't know how to sew.

The duration of disorder is dependent on how fast we build our local economies first, then county, then state and finally nation.  We don't need to rebuild the financial system which is a system of grift with assets concentrating via wealth transfer on the top but an economy.  This depend on how fast we reject their proposed CBDC and go on our own (non central bank controlled digital curency, gold, silver).  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What credible ordered regression capabilities can we leverage to do this? Are there enough horses to replace transportation and logistics needs after the petrodollar fueled JIT insanity ends?  How long would it take to breed enough horses?  At least if we go this route we can return to a global population of 500 million.

There is no structured regression ability. The options are kick the can or armageddon. Everyone will continue to kick the can until armageddon.
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 11:06:57 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

ETA: Seriously. Every single State. It's pretty common for "made in the USA" products to be produced by prison labor. Hey - it's even Berry Act compliant! Common items provided to the government via contract are produced by prison slave labor. It is what it is.
View Quote

Seriously, I've got no problem with this, and neither do most decent people.   USA prisons are not filled with people just grabbed off the street or shipped in on a boat from Africa.  There is due process.  It's called Rule of Law.

Prisons clearly aren't difficult enough, as they are meant to both be a way to protect society from criminals AND provide disincentive for low life types who will not otherwise constrain themselves from raping/pillaging/stealing.  Why you would want to REMOVE that disincentive is baffling.  I can only imaging your position stems from a hatred of weed laws or other laws prohibiting recreational use of drugs.

Link Posted: 8/8/2023 11:08:07 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

How is global prosperity good for the US of A? Having poor countries that manufacture goods and countries that suppress their people like dictators do puts less pressure on global resources. People with extra money want stuff, like cars which use petroleum products. That increases costs for us.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Global poverty line is $2.15 a day.
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 11:08:53 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Good, maybe people will learn the meaning of "buy once cry once" again.

I've taken TONS of cheaply made clothing to the thrift stores over the last few years. I had a whole closet that was mostly full of shit that I would scroll past while trying to find a shirt to wear.

I'd rather have 1/5 of the clothes I had before, but have them ALL be quality clothes that look great, are stylish, and will last.

The cheap clothes (with collars that get screwed up the first time through the wash) are a false economy.
View Quote

This makes no sense. It was your decision to buy cheap poorly made clothing when you could have spent more money to buy better quality. It actually exists.
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 11:09:04 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

WTF are you babbling about?????  Slavery was abolished in 1865 and if you think prison is slavery then you need a lobotomy & to be castrated.
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 11:09:47 AM EDT
[#44]

Did you even read your own link???

"Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted..."

If you think people shouldn't be punished for their crimes, then we have nothing to talk about.   I'm a law and order kind of guy, not a "free drugs for all, no punishment for any crimes" kind of guy, so there is no common frame of reference for our discussion.
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 11:09:50 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Seriously, I've got no problem with this, and neither do most decent people.   USA prisons are not filled with people just grabbed off the street or shipped in on a boat from Africa.  There is due process.  It's called Rule of Law.

Prisons clearly aren't difficult enough, as they are meant to both be a way to protect society from criminals AND provide disincentive for low life types who will not otherwise constrain themselves from raping/pillaging/stealing.  Why you would want to REMOVE that disincentive is baffling.  I can only imaging your position stems from a hatred of weed laws or other laws prohibiting recreational use of drugs.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Legalize weed and all other drugs.

Mandatory death sentence for forcible felonies: murder arson rape kidnapping robbery etc.
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 11:30:04 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You shift from disbelief and mockery to being shown - clearly - to hold an incorrect belief and quickly declare how it's no big deal and I'm probably a druggy.

That's honestly quite impressive. You're one abrasive chameleon.

Also I'm not the same guy you were debating earlier. User names are there for a reason.
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 11:31:51 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Legalize weed and all other drugs.

Mandatory death sentence for forcible felonies: murder arson rape kidnapping robbery etc.
View Quote

Honestly with our broken society I don't see much of a better solution than - and I hate this - giving yet more power to the government to kill criminal civilians legally. Our current setup is blatantly not working.

As to your other point? Everything except antibiotics should be OTC and available in vending machines. Put them next to the machinegun vending machines and across from the grenade vending machines.
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 11:32:30 AM EDT
[#48]

Yet the worlds population continues to increase and the birth rate in poor countries has been on the rise for some time.

As far as the $2.15 a day I read it was something on the order of 600 million live on that or less.
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 11:36:17 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

Well, clearly you've never known anyone who has ever been incarcerated for longer than a weekend.

Prisons in this country are a trade school. They are not and have never been an effective deterrent to criminal behavior. People go there and with a rare handful of exceptions they come out the other end as much more capable criminals.

As for the concept of rule of law... Well, you will probably be finding out how hollow that has become soon enough.
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 11:39:00 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Yet the worlds population continues to increase and the birth rate in poor countries has been on the rise for some time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

That's going to change dramatically soon enough.

Probably not soon enough to save us from the Chinese communist party declaring war on the whole world. When they realize the jig is up I expect them to go out in the worlds largest ever blaze of sour grapes.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top