Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 2:36:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Does part of the law require apartment buildings and areas with street parking to have charging stations?
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 2:36:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The writing is on the wall here. And I mean that in a biblical sense. Bad times are headed for Washington. It's well past time for me to come up with my exit strategy.
View Quote

I hear you. Every year it gets worse.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 2:38:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
2029 gonna be a peak buying year for ICE
View Quote

‘Or Registered’
That’s the real sting.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 2:41:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

‘Or Registered’
That’s the real sting.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

‘Or Registered’
That’s the real sting.

With the police defunded how do they plan on enforcing racist vehicle registration laws?
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 2:41:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I guess they will just have to burn coal not have electricity at all, lol.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lol...2030 isn't enough rime to build the nuke plants they're going to need to charge the EVs.

I guess they will just have to burn coal not have electricity at all, lol.

fixed that up
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 2:41:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 2:53:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

We're going to look like the North Koreans or the Germans at the end of WWII driving around in wood gassifier powered trucks.  
View Quote

Hopefully renewable cannabis will fuel them even better than wood
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 2:54:07 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm so tired of stupid people.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 3:00:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Well if the military arm of the WEF keeps pokin' the bear...that might all get re-settled soon...
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 3:01:44 PM EDT
[#10]

i need to update this to WEF
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 3:10:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
They should start with fire trucks and ambulances,  see how that works out for them. Fucking retards.
View Quote

Gotta lead by example so those need to be in place by 2025 to show us how it's done.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 3:15:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

‘Or Registered’
That’s the real sting.
View Quote

Model year 2030. Guess when people will stop buying new cars in Washington?

Shitbirds.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 3:16:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Lol...2030 isn't enough rime to build the nuke plants they're going to need to charge the EVs.
View Quote

All part of the plan to totally crash both the grid and the economy.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 3:18:18 PM EDT
[#14]
This is going to end up being superfluous. Nobody is going to be making mass production ICE cars by 2030. The technology is just so inferior to the potential for electric vehicles (really, EVs RIGHT NOW) that ICEs won't be competitive anymore.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 3:18:34 PM EDT
[#15]
I wasn't expecting yahoo as the news source.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 3:21:38 PM EDT
[#16]
I read it on the internet so it must be true.

I'm sure it's seriously going to happen!

I'm outraged and you should be too!

Link Posted: 3/26/2022 3:27:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

The writing is on the wall here. And I mean that in a biblical sense. Bad times are headed for Washington. It's well past time for me to come up with my exit strategy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Washington does not have term limits for the governor.  
He's a tyrant, and 60% of the people in this state are the kinds of Karens that think his version of tyranny is a warm blanket.

My wife, son and I have 114 days left here in WA.

None of the progressive idiots in my neighborhood (who all have big SUVs, except a couple), even knew this was happening.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 3:31:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Holy shit
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 3:32:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

It's cool. We already have one. It's finished but was never allowed to go online.

Most of our power is hydro. I live very near a hydroelectric dam.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's cool. We already have one. It's finished but was never allowed to go online.

Quoted:

Plus they won't allow hydro because of the salmon.

Most of our power is hydro. I live very near a hydroelectric dam.

Try to get another built.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 3:32:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Moved from Seattle area where I had lived my whole life to rural Western PA just about a year or so ago and have never been happier.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Moved from Seattle area where I had lived my whole life to rural Western PA just about a year or so ago and have never been happier.

@TheFringe I'm Originally from Pa. It's on my short list. Even though they are going the way of the domocrat in some areas,  there is still a contingent of folks, that if push came to shove and you were backed  in a corner,  would fight along with you. As opposed to here, were some of your oldest friends would drop a dime on you in a heartbeat.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 3:33:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
This is going to end up being superfluous. Nobody is going to be making mass production ICE cars by 2030. The technology is just so inferior to the potential for electric vehicles (really, EVs RIGHT NOW) that ICEs won't be competitive anymore.
View Quote

Don't mind the stinging sensation as you drink the rite-aide, everyone else who drank it has the same thing going on too. It won't bother you for much longer.

You cannot replace ice engined cars with Evs.

There is physically not enough material on the earth of the sort used to make batteries to do it.

In fact, there's not even enough to convert the united kingdom over.

https://www.nhm.ac.uk/press-office/press-releases/leading-scientists-set-out-resource-challenge-of-meeting-net-zer.html
The metal resource needed to make all cars and vans electric by 2050 and all sales to be purely battery electric by 2035. To replace all UK-based vehicles today with electric vehicles (not including the LGV and HGV fleets), assuming they use the most resource-frugal next-generation NMC 811 batteries, would take 207,900 tonnes cobalt, 264,600 tonnes of lithium carbonate (LCE), at least 7,200 tonnes of neodymium and dysprosium, in addition to 2,362,500 tonnes copper. This represents, just under two times the total annual world cobalt production, nearly the entire world production of neodymium, three quarters the world’s lithium production and 12% of the world’s copper production during 2018. Even ensuring the annual supply of electric vehicles only, from 2035 as pledged, will require the UK to annually import the equivalent of the entire annual cobalt needs of European industry.

The worldwide impact: If this analysis is extrapolated to the currently projected estimate of two billion cars worldwide, based on 2018 figures, annual production would have to increase for neodymium and dysprosium by 70%, whilst cobalt output would need to increase at least three and a half times for the entire period from now until 2050 to satisfy the demand.

Energy cost of metal production: This choice of vehicle comes with an energy cost too.  Energy costs for cobalt production are estimated at 7000-8000 kWh for every tonne of metal produced and for copper 9000 kWh/t.  The rare-earth energy costs are at least 3350 kWh/t, so for the target of all 31.5 million cars that requires 22.5 TWh of power to produce the new metals for the UK fleet, amounting to 6% of the UK’s current annual electrical usage.  Extrapolated to 2 billion cars worldwide, the energy demand for extracting and processing the metals is almost 4 times the total annual UK electrical output

Energy cost of charging electric cars: There are serious implications for the electrical power generation in the UK needed to recharge these vehicles. Using figures published for current EVs (Nissan Leaf, Renault Zoe), driving 252.5 billion miles uses at least 63 TWh of power. This will demand a 20% increase in UK generated electricity.

Challenges of using ‘green energy’ to power electric cars: If wind farms are chosen to generate the power for the projected two billion cars at UK average usage, this requires the equivalent of a further years’ worth of total global copper supply and 10 years’ worth of global neodymium and dysprosium production to build the windfarms.

Solar power is also problematic – it is also resource hungry; all the photovoltaic systems currently on the market are reliant on one or more raw materials classed as “critical” or “near critical” by the EU and/ or US Department of Energy (high purity silicon, indium, tellurium, gallium) because of their natural scarcity or their recovery as minor-by-products of other commodities. With a capacity factor of only ~10%, the UK would require ~72GW of photovoltaic input to fuel the EV fleet; over five times the current installed capacity. If CdTe-type photovoltaic power is used, that would consume over thirty years of current annual tellurium supply.

Both these wind turbine and solar generation options for the added electrical power generation capacity have substantial demands for steel, aluminium, cement and glass.

Also, evs are still radically inferior in that they don't have anything like the same back end support and repair structure ice engined vehicles do. They are more than 100 years behind on that.

Simply put, this crap is being pushed on us by the idiot who used to walk around in a sandwich board screaming that the world was going to end two seconds from now if we didn't line up and give him everything in our wallets so he could support his meth habit. Now he wears a suit and screeches his palpably false end times theology in a political office.

Only morons and the ignorant believe him.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 3:33:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Don't take this personally but you could be more incorrect...just not this time.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 3:34:21 PM EDT
[#23]
Old news.
Hello and welcome to last year.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 3:36:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Fucking Nazis.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 3:38:06 PM EDT
[#25]
I sure loved Washington as a young adult in the 1980's.  Booze & floozies.  Has gotten strange going back to visit over the years.  It will be very strange to visit and rent an electric car in the future when I've only ever known one person that owns one and that was 24 years ago, a Honda Insight.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 3:38:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

@TheFringe I'm Originally from Pa. It's on my short list. Even though they are going the way of the domocrat in some areas,  there is still a contingent of folks, that if push came to shove and you were backed  in a corner,  would fight along with you. As opposed to here, were some of your oldest friends would drop a dime on you in a heartbeat.
View Quote

Few years ago I visited by childhood best friend who moved to Central PA around Bloomsburg. He's a typical liberal and complained about it being Trump country. I loved it. I'd move there in a heartbeat
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 3:38:56 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

It says “registered”, so usually vehicles are registered every couple of years.

Does that mean if you buy an ICE in 2029, when it’s time to re-register your vehicle you’re fucked?
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 3:38:58 PM EDT
[#28]

If they're right it's only because I'll be killed in action fighting against these evil fucks.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 3:39:54 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Jay Inslee is one of the dumbest motherfuckers ever.  He does whatever the progressive left and his handlers want him to do.  He's a full blown climate and now COVID cultist.  I'm still shocked he actually dropped the mask mandate. You know it's bad when you think to yourself, "damn I miss Christine Gregoire as governor", and I hated her.  The sad part is, that as much as I hate Inslee, he's better than our presumptive next governor, Bob Ferguson.
View Quote

All of this.

Jay Inslee really is a fucking idiot. He was a very shitty attorney and is worse as a "governor". I personally know a long tenured judge that he practiced in front of regularly back in the day and I was told that he is NOT a smart guy, at all. This is coming from a person that is very liberal, so it is pretty telling. How he got elected and keeps getting reelected is beyond me.

And yes, he has commie handlers around him wherever he goes.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 3:42:55 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

delusional
View Quote

This PNI and I have an electric car.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 3:46:53 PM EDT
[#31]
That is awesome! Washington is gonna feel da pain!!
I do feel bad for the few good people there though. Sorry you have to set an example on how not to do things.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 3:52:44 PM EDT
[#32]
Washington is also in the process of mandating electric heat in new homes.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 3:58:18 PM EDT
[#33]
So, how many hydro dams are the greenies currently asking to be closed for fish and stuff?
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 3:59:54 PM EDT
[#34]
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 4:00:00 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Washington is also in the process of mandating electric heat in new homes.
View Quote
perfect.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 4:06:05 PM EDT
[#36]
Has anyone seriously asked them how this works for people living in apartments?

I'd love to hear their answers.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 4:06:42 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 4:09:47 PM EDT
[#38]
Washington state plans to ban the sale of most non-electric vehicles by after 2030
View Quote

fixed
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 4:09:55 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Good bye gas tax, hello per mile tax
View Quote
nope

they'll never do away with the gas tax

but they will add a mileage tax
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 4:10:04 PM EDT
[#40]
Jesus, they out California’d California.

CA said 2035
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 4:10:28 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 4:10:56 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Does that mean if you buy an ICE in 2029, when it’s time to re-register your vehicle you’re fucked?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No.

"model year 2030 or later that are sold, purchased, or registered in the state must be electric."

At least not yet
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 4:12:27 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

Excuse us while we install this GPS tracker in your vehicle so we can properly record taxable mileage.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 4:14:03 PM EDT
[#44]
Why not just mandate them starting tomorrow?  The Earth is in jeopardy!
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 4:16:12 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I loved living in Wa, and would go back tomorrow if the state would pull it's head out of it's ass, but that's never going to happen.
View Quote

Just looked over to my wife and read the headline, followed by "we got 10yrs to gtfo out of this state"

Link Posted: 3/26/2022 4:18:25 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Does part of the law require apartment buildings and areas with street parking to have charging stations?
View Quote

To be fair, that might just be COTUS legal. Even the ICE ban seems legal. On The State level.

Pretty Sure Congress does not have the authority to do so,
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 4:20:54 PM EDT
[#47]
There’s going to be a lot of old cars on the roads there for a long time.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 4:29:28 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

Which will ultimately lead to people having to take their EV’s in to get the odometer reading recorded.  

Or there is a “data bank” on the car the state gets to plug into and download your car’s GPS history.

Or there is a real time GPS transponder on the EV.

Link Posted: 3/26/2022 4:31:40 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Minyvonne Burke
Sat, March 26, 2022, 8:58 AM
Washington state plans to ban most non-electric vehicles by 2030, according to a newly signed bill by Gov. Jay Inslee.

The bill says that all vehicles of the model year 2030 or later that are sold, purchased, or registered in the state must be electric.

"On or before December 31, 2023, the interagency electric vehicle coordinating council ... shall complete a scoping plan for achieving the 2030 target," it reads.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/washington-state-plans-ban-most-145847663.html
View Quote

Stolen elections have consequences
and it all started with this bitch Christine Gregoire
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 4:36:32 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I loved living in Wa, and would go back tomorrow if the state would pull it's head out of it's ass, but that's never going to happen.

This will never work, it's pie in the sky bullshit.
View Quote

I always thought I'd like to live in Washington (the state) and Oregon, but damn they've gone full liberal.

Colorado is out too now. Montana is ultamently where I'd like to live one day unless it falls completely as well.

After that I'm stuck in the Southeast forever it looks like.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top