Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 8:36:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Meh, it's not what goes on it, but what goes into it...

How about burger made from lynx or ptarmigan.....

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 8:38:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
For me, it's probably going to be a bone marrow bordelaise, once I get around to learning how to make it.
Wow.  Had to googles.  That sounds badass.
From our resident burger whisperer, @dupemaster:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/24268/39B900DF-B0DC-40D1-8038-AC4FF0223B9B_jpeg-1200153.JPG
Beat me to it!
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 8:43:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Ketchup, lettuce, tomatoes, cheese and perhaps some bacon.

That’s it for me and burgers.

Chris
View Quote
Only sane response.

Rest of you are some sick mother fuckers.

Probably cali transplants.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 8:46:15 PM EDT
[#4]
No weird toppings for me, just regular burger toppings!

Link Posted: 12/18/2019 8:46:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Kimchi. Holy fuk its good and its a awesomely spicy hot crunch. Use it in place of onions and pickles.
View Quote
That’s a good fuckin idea....

I’m doin it.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 8:53:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Green chile sounds weird to many places but it's a common topping in my locale.
View Quote
Roasted poblano on a burger with queso Oaxaca and bacon is good.

Not weird, but not common around here is a piece of fried ham on a burger.  Common in Mexico.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 8:53:33 PM EDT
[#7]
A burger made like moussaka

Beef mixed with some tomato paste,
cinnamon, clove, parmesan, and a little bechamel

Toppings are the rest of it, onion, grilled eggplant,
grilled zuccini, and more of that thick bechamel
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 8:59:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 9:01:46 PM EDT
[#9]
And all this time I thought beans in chili was stupid . And now this fucked up thread . Now , beans in chili doesn’t even come close
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 9:05:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Gotta admit, I like cheese, peanut butter, cayenne pepper, and lettuce.

What weird shit do you eat on yours?
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 9:11:21 PM EDT
[#11]
One of my favorite burgers I made had duck bacon, smoked blue cheese, chipotle mayo, caramelized onions, arugula tossed lightly in aged balsamic reduction. Sometimes add a bacon jam to the mix.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 9:15:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Strictly speaking, the Muffaletta is the type of bread that the New Orleans sandwich was made on.

Olive salad is the distinctive topping.
View Quote
I've seen olive spread be all over the board with ingredients IME.

Muffuletta is a huge thing here for some reason, and I can buy a jar that says "muffuletta spread/mix" on the label.  So that's what I call it.

Not what I buy, just an example:

Link Posted: 12/18/2019 9:17:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Muffuletta is a huge thing here for some reason, and I can buy a jar that says "muffuletta spread/mix" on the label.  So that's what I call it.

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0400/0577/products/Granzellas-Mufaletta-Mix.jpg?v=1447793400
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Strictly speaking, the Muffaletta is the type of bread that the New Orleans sandwich was made on.

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0400/0577/products/Granzellas-Mufaletta-Mix.jpg?v=1447793400
I didn't mean to sound snarky. I've just been really into New Orleans food ever since I visited last winter.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 9:20:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I didn't mean to sound snarky. I've just been really into New Orleans food ever since I visited last winter.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, it's cool.  I've just had way better luck buying the stuff that says "muffuletta" on the jar, so that's what I call it. We have a local place that makes and jars it homemade, and it's really good.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 9:21:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Salt, Pepper, Yellow Mustard, Dill Pickle Slices, Cinnamon Apple Sauce. Sounds Gross. It isn't.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 9:24:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
No, it's cool.  I've just had way better luck buying the stuff that says "muffuletta" on the jar, so that's what I call it. We have a local place that makes and jars it homemade, and it's really good.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Muffaletta is an awesome sandwich. I like to make it with hard salami and thick cut swiss cheese, along with the other traditional ingredients. Chewy bread, nice creamy cheese, sharp, acidic olive salad... It's a real treat. And the olive salad works on lesser sandwiches too, in place of pickles.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 9:24:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
For me, it's probably going to be a bone marrow bordelaise, once I get around to learning how to make it.
View Quote

‘Prairie Butter’ is awesome, and one of the reasons why we chased the fuzzy bastards off of cliffs.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 9:25:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Onion jam.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 9:27:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 9:28:33 PM EDT
[#20]
A restaurant up by me sells a burger that has a scoop of Huckleberry ice cream on it.  I cannot bring myself around to try it.  I know several that have and they claim it is very good.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 9:28:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Slap some cream cheese on top as if your going to melt it like yeller cheese,it will soften but stay together...YUM!
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 9:32:17 PM EDT
[#22]
Starting from the bottom (order is important for the flavor layers)

Toasted bun
Peanut butter on the BOTTOM bun.
Beef patty
Good sharp cheddar cheese
BBQ sauce (Sweet Baby Ray's Sweet & Spicy)
Jalapeno slices
French fried onions (optional - good either way)
Thick, fried bacon slices
Toasted bun with optional Miracle Whip
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 9:35:00 PM EDT
[#23]
We have a place that has peanut butter burgers, and they're weirdly good. I should get one...
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 9:37:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
The Muffaletta is an awesome sandwich. I like to make it with hard salami and thick cut swiss cheese, along with the other traditional ingredients. Chewy bread, nice creamy cheese, sharp, acidic olive salad... It's a real treat. And the olive salad works on lesser sandwiches too, in place of pickles.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Damn, I'm getting one on friday now.  Most of the places here make them like you described.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 9:38:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Slap some cream cheese on top as if your going to melt it like yeller cheese,it will soften but stay together...YUM!
View Quote
This guy knows.  Do it just right, and you can slightly brown the top of the cream cheese.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 9:42:24 PM EDT
[#26]
I could probably write a novel.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 9:46:02 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
See, I could get down with the ingredients in that burger, but that just looks to messy for me.  I would probably use a knife and fork sadly.  I guess I am getting old and cranky.  I don't even like "wet" wings anymore.  I just get them dry rubbed and dip in whatever sauce I want.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
See, I could get down with the ingredients in that burger, but that just looks to messy for me.  I would probably use a knife and fork sadly.  I guess I am getting old and cranky.  I don't even like "wet" wings anymore.  I just get them dry rubbed and dip in whatever sauce I want.  
@sycotik1
It’s served with a fork and knife. You’re cool, man. You’re cool.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 9:47:07 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
A local chain (Flipdaddys) sells a 'Alex Quebec' burger. Topped with poutine---fries, brown gravy, and cheese curds. They also have a burger that has griddle'd mac&cheese as a topping.

Freaking awesome.

Not a burger, but tomorrow I'll be munching some Primanti Brothers. They include fries on every sammich. Probably add a fried egg as well.
View Quote
Funny you mention primanti bro’s... Attachment Attached File

Made a bunch of these today.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 9:47:16 PM EDT
[#29]
Peanut butter and sriracha on a bacon cheeseburger.
Or, if you really want to clog your arteries,  a bacon cheeseburger with a grilled cheese sandwich on each side in place of a bun.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 9:48:36 PM EDT
[#30]
Peanut butter and marshmallow fluff and cayenne
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 9:50:26 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Green chile sounds weird to many places but it's a common topping in my locale.
View Quote
One of my top 5 favorite burgers!
Attachment Attached File

Love chili season!
Link Posted: 12/19/2019 6:39:23 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Not a topping but back when it was a thing we tried making buns for bacon cheeseburgers out of Krispy Kreme donuts.

Pretty good actually
View Quote
somebody was selling one like that, I would try it.

last craft burger I had had two grilled cheese sandwiches for the bun.  onion straws and chili and cheese
Link Posted: 12/19/2019 6:42:07 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
My family has always put potato chips on their burgers and squashed them down along with your favorite condiments. I hear it was something my mother started that caught on.
I never knew anything different growing up.

And now I have all my family I have created doing the same. The grandkids love their "Grampy Burgers"
View Quote
try fried or baked chicken with potato chips as the breading.  just mash them in a bag and toss the chicken.

chocolate covered potato chips are pretty awesome as well.  I got gifted those and they were awesome.
Link Posted: 12/19/2019 6:45:43 PM EDT
[#34]
Make mine axle grease and thumbtacks, please.
Link Posted: 12/19/2019 6:49:46 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

try fried or baked chicken with potato chips as the breading.  just mash them in a bag and toss the chicken.

chocolate covered potato chips are pretty awesome as well.  I got gifted those and they were awesome.
View Quote
@somedude
Chicken planked and oven fried in potato chip flakes first dredged through sour cream and finished with garlic butter under the broiler?
Been doing that for years

Sofa king good!
Link Posted: 12/19/2019 6:52:04 PM EDT
[#36]
I recently started putting kimchee on my burgers and its just amazing.

Buns, mayo, burger, kimchee. That's it.

Seriously amazing.
Link Posted: 12/19/2019 6:52:45 PM EDT
[#37]
Banana peppers
Link Posted: 12/19/2019 6:55:01 PM EDT
[#38]
Local restaurant makes an awesome bacon burger with pimento cheese and a fried egg.
Link Posted: 12/19/2019 6:56:55 PM EDT
[#39]
In Quebec, foie gras is popular.
Link Posted: 12/19/2019 6:58:49 PM EDT
[#40]
Just bacon, cheese and an over medium egg for me.
Link Posted: 12/21/2019 2:17:25 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote
Now that's what I'm going to be trying.. Thanks. Dund..For the tip.
Link Posted: 12/21/2019 6:53:27 AM EDT
[#42]
I like mine with lettuce and tomato, Heinz 57 and French fried potatoes. Big kosher pickle and a cold draft beer...
Link Posted: 12/21/2019 6:55:33 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Gotta admit, I like cheese, peanut butter, cayenne pepper, and lettuce.

What weird shit do you eat on yours?
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/21/2019 7:03:03 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Kimchi. Holy fuk its good and its a awesomely spicy hot crunch. Use it in place of onions and pickles.
View Quote
Thanks @TangledThorns

I'm going to give this a shot!
Link Posted: 12/21/2019 7:06:36 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Not too weird, but a soft fried egg, cheddar, jalapenos, and hot sauce is about my favorite burger.
View Quote
My friends had a food truck in ND, during the oil boom. They ended up naming a burger- after me/my order (they called it the ‘PooBear’).
Swiss/Havarti, fried egg, bacon, dill, double patty & hot sauce- with tots.
Link Posted: 12/21/2019 7:50:26 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 12/21/2019 8:02:40 AM EDT
[#47]
Mustard is nasty...
Link Posted: 12/21/2019 8:48:37 AM EDT
[#48]
My favorite is a beef patty, bratwurst patty, break and butter pickles, and ketchup.
Link Posted: 12/21/2019 8:49:11 AM EDT
[#49]
hummus
Link Posted: 12/21/2019 8:49:40 AM EDT
[#50]
I like to dip my burgers in gravy.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top