Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 14
Link Posted: 8/29/2023 8:31:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Not your post, others posting in response to you.
View Quote

I apologize then
Link Posted: 8/29/2023 8:32:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Where’s the details man?

What was it like at work today?

How was mom today? Did she say anything?

Next date?
Link Posted: 8/29/2023 8:37:57 PM EDT
[#3]
This thread is rapidly approaching "What round for grandpa?" level.
Well done everyone, well done.
The only thing left is pictures and a good crisis to climax the story.
Link Posted: 8/29/2023 8:39:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Where’s the details man?

What was it like at work today?

How was mom today? Did she say anything?

Next date?
View Quote

She came home with me from work today.
She's in the shower

Going to watch the cat from outerspace and order a pizza
Link Posted: 8/29/2023 8:42:19 PM EDT
[#5]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll be interested in women's feet when the feet grow warm, moist holes.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/494851/feetholes_jpeg-2936543.JPG

That makes my neck hairs stand up.

Fuck you.
Link Posted: 8/29/2023 8:43:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

That makes my neck hairs stand up.

Fuck you.
View Quote

Even though it's fake, it bothers me too. I cringed searching for it.
Link Posted: 8/29/2023 8:44:34 PM EDT
[#7]
There are too many people that are attacking this thread. If this is legitimate, some can learn from it.
Link Posted: 8/29/2023 8:49:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

What would be preferable, "slow"?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well there are plenty of other descriptors that could have been used as well, but he chose that one.

Developmentally disabled.
Link Posted: 8/29/2023 8:53:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Just curious, if this is a troll thread, why do you care so much?  Its kinda funny at times.  At other times its just a story to see where it goes.  

There are actual threads in GD that cause division and do harm here.  I do not see what harm this is doing.  If it is real, the state of Texas says this girl can make her own decisions, so its legal.  

I am just reading along for the entertainment and you are here really angry with an axe to grind and I cant figure out why?  Especially when there is so much good you could do in other threads that are actually evil and doing harm, those threads want you, those threads need you.  

Just sayin...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's what trolling is. You keep dragging the bait until something bites.

At that point, the other lines are less important.
Just curious, if this is a troll thread, why do you care so much?  Its kinda funny at times.  At other times its just a story to see where it goes.  

There are actual threads in GD that cause division and do harm here.  I do not see what harm this is doing.  If it is real, the state of Texas says this girl can make her own decisions, so its legal.  

I am just reading along for the entertainment and you are here really angry with an axe to grind and I cant figure out why?  Especially when there is so much good you could do in other threads that are actually evil and doing harm, those threads want you, those threads need you.  

Just sayin...

I wasn't sure if it was a troll thread. I suppose I was like several others, circling around it, poking at it, trying to make sense of it.

Now, my certainty has been removed.
Link Posted: 8/29/2023 8:56:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Per the Global Down Syndrome Foundation

ANd that took me longer to link to it than to find it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Those are all just synonyms. In 20 years, people will be outraged by them as they come up with new "acceptable" terms.

OK, she's literally "developmentally disabled."

What has that changed?

Link Posted: 8/29/2023 9:00:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I don't have a dog in this hunt, but calling someone "retarded" has been an insult since I was a kid, MANY decades ago. Don't be an ass.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I said she was literally retarded.

You turned around and said I called her a "retard."

It's very apparent what you are doing.

Now, if you care to demonstrate how mental retardation is not a symptom of Down's Syndrome, I'm all ears.. full-sized ones, at that.

I don't have a dog in this hunt, but calling someone "retarded" has been an insult since I was a kid, MANY decades ago. Don't be an ass.

Yes, it's long been an insult to imply that someone who does not have a legitimate developmental disability" has a "developmental disability." But this is a case of a woman who literally has a "developmental disability." But, I'm the bad guy for pointing it out.
Link Posted: 8/29/2023 9:01:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Those are all just synonyms. In 20 years, people will be outraged by them as they come up with new "acceptable" terms.

What has that changed?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What has that changed?

OP is a young guy like me, we’ve grown up in world that the R word is considered very hurtful. It’s something we’ve been taught since childhood. I assume you’re from an older generation that hasn’t accepted that yes, words can be hurtful. Just because someone is differently abled doesn’t mean that they don’t have feelings and aren’t hurt by the R word. They understand and In fact they probably understand better than you or I will ever be able to.
Link Posted: 8/29/2023 9:03:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I said she was literally retarded.

You turned around and said I called her a "retard."

It's very apparent what you are doing.

Now, if you care to demonstrate how mental retardation is not a symptom of Down's Syndrome, I'm all ears.. full-sized ones, at that.

People with dementia are demented(its in the name), but the word demented can be thrown around as an insult as well.
Link Posted: 8/29/2023 9:05:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

OP is a young guy like me, we’ve grown up in world that the R word is considered very hurtful. It’s something we’ve been taught since childhood. I assume you’re from an older generation that hasn’t accepted that yes, words can be hurtful. Just because someone is differently abled doesn’t mean that they don’t have feelings and aren’t hurt by the R word. They understand and In fact they probably understand better than you or I will ever be able to.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What has that changed?

If one guy is really good at golf, and another guy is really good at football. They are "differently abled."

We are specifically dealing with a disability that impedes... limits... dare I say "retards..." mental development and function. Beating around the bush about that misses the entire point as to why this is so godawful inappropriate.

Link Posted: 8/29/2023 9:05:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/29/2023 9:07:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

But even the OP used the "R" word in a derogatory manner.

I don't understand the outrage after this:

Quoted:
Not seeing the big deal here .

She's not some helpless retard or something.like that

She takes care of her self better than a lot of women I've known and holds down a job .

She's not a self serving bitch and is actually really fun .

Better than most women out there that I've met

Link Posted: 8/29/2023 9:11:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

She takes care of her self better than a lot of women I've known and holds down a job .

He was caught up in the moment and that came from a place of love and endearment.
Link Posted: 8/29/2023 9:13:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/29/2023 9:13:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

If one guy is really good at golf, and another guy is really good at football. They are "differently abled."

We are specifically dealing with a disability that impedes... limits... dare I say "retards..." mental development and function. Beating around the bush about that misses the entire point as to why this is so godawful inappropriate.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What has that changed?

This is like when old people still use outdated terms for POC. Culture changes, the world changes, accept it because it’s the truth.
Link Posted: 8/29/2023 9:14:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

This is like when old people still use outdated terms for POC. Culture changes, the world changes, accept it because it’s the truth.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What has that changed?

Words may change, reality keeps on keeping on.
Link Posted: 8/29/2023 9:15:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
And with that, I'm unsubscribing from this thread. It's gotten a little weird in here. Someone page me if things get out of hand.
View Quote

It was pretty weird from the start sir.
Link Posted: 8/29/2023 9:17:17 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
And with that, I'm unsubscribing from this thread. It's gotten a little weird in here. Someone page me if things get out of hand.
View Quote

Umm...gotten weird?
Link Posted: 8/29/2023 9:23:51 PM EDT
[#23]
I'm still leaning toward op being on the spectrum and doesn't realize it. Parents probably see it and figure they can be quirky together. Imagine being a parent and thinking your kid is never going to get to leave the nest, and even worse no one will be there to care for her when you pass. I've know and worked with people on the spectrum, op seems to have a lot of tendencies they had.
Link Posted: 8/29/2023 9:27:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

With regards to this topic, we are living in the now.  20 years from now Arfcom maybe a forbidden term.  Who cares who or what people are outraged about in the future.

Quoted:What has that changed?

The use of the "R Word" to describe another human being outside a medical scenario has
Link Posted: 8/29/2023 9:28:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

People with dementia are demented(its in the name), but the word demented can be thrown around as an insult as well.
View Quote

And yet I dont hear people referring to them as demented outside of a medical setting.
Link Posted: 8/29/2023 9:30:22 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

With regards to this topic, we are living in the now.  20 years from now Arfcom maybe a forbidden term.  Who cares who or what people are outraged about in the future.

The use of the "R Word" to describe another human being outside a medical scenario has
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You mean, like referring to a literal congenital medical condition, like I did?
Link Posted: 8/29/2023 9:30:55 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/29/2023 9:31:48 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I'm still leaning toward op being on the spectrum and doesn't realize it. Parents probably see it and figure they can be quirky together. Imagine being a parent and thinking your kid is never going to get to leave the nest, and even worse no one will be there to care for her when you pass. I've know and worked with people on the spectrum, op seems to have a lot of tendencies they had.
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 8/29/2023 9:32:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you a doctor?
Link Posted: 8/29/2023 9:37:18 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Are you a doctor?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you a doctor?

Ladies and gentlemen, just witness why certain people want to continuously redefine words. It allows anyone to change the subject away from what is actually happening to ad hominem attacks in the name of social justice.
Link Posted: 8/29/2023 9:44:15 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm pretty sure he was using it inside of the medical definition (yes, now outdated)
Link Posted: 8/29/2023 9:44:51 PM EDT
[#32]
This was a good thread before some of you dudes came in here with your angry guy horseshit.

In the real world, when your buddy is telling you an entertaining, “no shit, there I was” story, do you roll in there like fucking autists and derail it? No, you shut up and be transported to a magical place.

Let’s get this thing back on track
Link Posted: 8/29/2023 9:46:02 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

He said she wasn’t one.
Link Posted: 8/29/2023 9:46:34 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Are you a doctor?
View Quote

No, he was repeating what the "doctor" said.
Link Posted: 8/29/2023 9:47:10 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

He said she wasn’t one.
View Quote

He said she wasn't a helpless one...
Link Posted: 8/29/2023 9:48:51 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He said she wasn’t one.

Correct. Adjectives are overused.
Link Posted: 8/29/2023 9:51:00 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you a doctor?

When was the doctor practicing? 1939?
Link Posted: 8/29/2023 10:16:22 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you a doctor?

The "doctor" in question was the OP.

And, before you get overcome with snugness and lose visual acuity, here's a good read on medical and legal terminology, from the National Academies just 20 years ago. This was before the more recent attempts to re-write reality began in earnest.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK207540/#ddd00022
Link Posted: 8/29/2023 10:17:18 PM EDT
[#39]
@Gout_toe eagerly awaiting your response.
Link Posted: 8/29/2023 10:18:46 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

I was saying it ironically.

You can stop picking at me now .
Link Posted: 8/29/2023 10:29:50 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

And, before you get overcome with snugness and lose visual acuity, here's a good read on medical and legal terminology, from the National Academies just 20 years ago. This was before the more recent attempts to re-write reality began in earnest.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you a doctor?

*click*
Link Posted: 8/29/2023 10:32:05 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

I mean... it was a decade ago when it was officially  changed to "intellectual disability"
Link Posted: 8/29/2023 10:33:54 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

*click*
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you a doctor?

*click*

Link Posted: 8/29/2023 10:35:35 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Have you asked her what her parents are telling her about sending her home with you all the time?  
It doesn't make any sense plus it's creepy plus does she even want to be there?  It was asked before but I didn't see it addressed,  can she make her own decisions because NONE of you people are acting like she can have a say on this.
Link Posted: 8/29/2023 10:38:25 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I mean... it was a decade ago when it was officially  changed to "intellectual disability"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We've always been at war with Eastasia.
Link Posted: 8/29/2023 10:42:44 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Checks out if story is true.
View Quote

Well.....there's that......
Link Posted: 8/29/2023 10:43:19 PM EDT
[#47]
Now that the vulgar language enthusiast has been dealt with we can get back to the original topic. OP what happened after the movie? Do you feel like you’re growing closer to her emotionally?
Link Posted: 8/29/2023 11:31:09 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Quit wearing shoes on your hands
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/29/2023 11:33:16 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Have you asked her what her parents are telling her about sending her home with you all the time?  
It doesn't make any sense plus it's creepy plus does she even want to be there?  It was asked before but I didn't see it addressed,  can she make her own decisions because NONE of you people are acting like she can have a say on this.
View Quote

Yeah, let's get back to this.

Has anyone asked her what she wants?
Link Posted: 8/29/2023 11:36:16 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
She didn't make it through the movie and fell asleep with her head in my lap..
When she came out of the bathroom she had little mermaid pajamas on.looked pretty cute .

She told me she loved me while laying on her lap .
Everything seems to be moving really fast and it's a bit unnerving to me

Anyways I put her to bed in my guest room.

What I saw of the movie was horrible.

View Quote

This can't possibly be real...
Page / 14
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top