Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 4/5/2018 8:34:28 PM EDT
[#1]
1991 Seat Ibeza. Italian made Yugo, basically. When I left Sicily, I couldn't even GIVE it away, even to a newbie. Left it at the Air Terminal on the way to the plane.
Link Posted: 4/5/2018 8:34:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Page 3 says 2008 BMW 335i
Link Posted: 4/5/2018 8:34:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Probably a 1982 Citation.  Never ran right the whole time I drove it.
Link Posted: 4/5/2018 8:34:58 PM EDT
[#4]
2000 E46 BMW Coupe.

One of the most beautiful cars I've owned, but everything went wrong with it.

I had never heard of "limp mode" until I had that car.  
The driver's side door lock malfunctioned causing me to exit the car from the passenger side.
Door trim constantly came unglued on hot days.
I'm sure there was more.

I've owned BMWs since then and they have been reliable.  My wife currently drives a 328i GT and it has been great.
Link Posted: 4/5/2018 8:35:59 PM EDT
[#5]
89 Bronco.

I loved it, but it was a complete piece of shit.  Always breaking something.  Never got lost though, just followed the trail of parts home.
Link Posted: 4/5/2018 8:37:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Man the cars some of you buy.

PT cruisers and colt vistas.
Link Posted: 4/5/2018 8:42:03 PM EDT
[#7]
1968 VW bug.  that damned thing always had to have valves adjusted or it ran like crap.  About every 3000 miles or so..
Link Posted: 4/5/2018 8:42:26 PM EDT
[#8]
2013 Subaru Outback. Burned 2 quarts oil/4,000 miles.

Subaru offered (by force from a class action lawsuit against them) to extend the engine warranty.  Gee thanks!

In addition to the shitty engine, the CVT’s were blowing up prematurely. Subaru again had to extend the factory warranty because of another class action just for the shitty transmission.

I recently searched Craigslist and found a stack of 2013 outback’s with fresh engine and transmission overhauls...all with less than 100,000 on the odometer.

I traded mine in with 24,000 on the clock.

Fuck fag’n wagons.
Link Posted: 4/5/2018 8:42:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
I worked at a Caddy dealer in Houston in 1984-85 when those were introduced.

I could not believe people would buy those just to have a Caddy.
Link Posted: 4/5/2018 8:44:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Citroen SM.

Link Posted: 4/5/2018 8:46:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Kia Sephia
View Quote
A friend of ours had one of those with just over 100K on it when she went to buy a new car.

When she drove into the KIA dealer the salesman called everyone out to go look at it since it lasted longer than any other one they had ever seen!

KIA has came a long ways since those Pre-Hyundai days.
Link Posted: 4/5/2018 8:48:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Ah yes, the Cadavalier in disguise!

ETA:  My worst car was a 1983 Thunderbird Heritage.  5.0 V8 with early fuel injection.  It had 4 onboard computers that would get in an argument with each other and it would stop running. And no diagnostic port.  And the crankshaft position sensor would come loose and it wouldn't start.
Link Posted: 4/5/2018 8:48:11 PM EDT
[#13]
2011 Nissan Altima coupe. Bought new, transmission tried to suicide at 30k miles, but it never fully died, so since the car still moved around, Nissan wouldn't fix it. They had just released a "fix" that model year and claimed mine couldn't break like it did, even though it was doing the same thing previous model years were doing that were getting new transmissions to replace the bad ones. Had to trade it at a huge loss to get rid of it.

Eff you Nissan, eff you.
Link Posted: 4/5/2018 8:50:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
1978 Mustang 4 cyl.
View Quote
I had a 1975 Mustang II 4 cyl so I can agree.

When it got totaled I bought a 1977 V6 model and it was only slightly better.

I rebuilt a 289-4V Hi-Po and stuffed in it there and it was quite quick but still overall a junker.
Link Posted: 4/5/2018 8:50:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/5/2018 8:50:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Dodge Aspen station wagon, I think around '83-84. Pile of junk in every respect.
Link Posted: 4/5/2018 8:51:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
82 Chevette.

/thread
View Quote
I got you beat.  Mine was an '81.  What a POS.  A/C sucked ass, uncomfortable as hell, just shitty all the way around.

LC
Link Posted: 4/5/2018 8:51:49 PM EDT
[#18]
2003 Cadillac Seville STS..  lots of gizmos that would go bad .. used 2-3 qts of oil between oil changes. (7 qt capacity).. Ate brakes.  stayed in the shop. I gave it away
Link Posted: 4/5/2018 8:52:59 PM EDT
[#19]
VW Square Back
Link Posted: 4/5/2018 8:56:51 PM EDT
[#20]
1972 Mercury Capri

My first car. I opened a savings account in 3rd grade. Had about $1200 in it when I turned 16 in 1976. Paid like $1000 cash from a used car dealer. Was driving it home with my dad in the passenger seat. My little brother was in the back seat. Car had rear windows that hinged out. We were on the highway almost home when my brother attempted to open the window. Heard a noise and the window was gone! Fell completely off.

Another time was dropping my brother at the state fair in the worst part of town. The stick shift broke off in my hand. Another time was driving, started raining. Turned on the wipers and the drivers side wiper fell off.

Moral of the story, never follow a 1972 Mercury Capri. Not that there are any still left with enough parts to drive!
Link Posted: 4/5/2018 8:57:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Man the cars some of you buy.

PT cruisers and colt vistas.
View Quote
I would hate to see some of their choices for firearms!
Link Posted: 4/5/2018 8:59:03 PM EDT
[#22]
77 Subaru wagon,awesome 4wd but got to the point where I kept 3 or 4 head gaskets & head studs in the car at all times. I could swap out a head gasket on the side of the road in 45 mins.
Link Posted: 4/5/2018 9:02:14 PM EDT
[#23]
It's a toss up between an '88 Mustang, 4cyl, 4speed, and an '88 Chevy Spectrum, 4cyl, 5spd.

Both were shitty cars, and their clutch cable systems were horrible.
Link Posted: 4/5/2018 9:02:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
1972 Mercury Capri

My first car. I opened a savings account in 3rd grade. Had about $1200 in it when I turned 16 in 1976. Paid like $1000 cash from a used car dealer. Was driving it home with my dad in the passenger seat. My little brother was in the back seat. Car had rear windows that hinged out. We were on the highway almost home when my brother attempted to open the window. Heard a noise and the window was gone! Fell completely off.

Another time was dropping my brother at the state fair in the worst part of town. The stick shift broke off in my hand. Another time was driving, started raining. Turned on the wipers and the drivers side wiper fell off.

Moral of the story, never follow a 1972 Mercury Capri. Not that there are any still left with enough parts to drive!
View Quote
Can confirm. Pieces. Of. Shit.
Link Posted: 4/5/2018 9:06:04 PM EDT
[#25]
78 L82 Corvette.

Most gutless shitbox ever.
It drove like a shopping cart with a fucked-up wheel.
Link Posted: 4/5/2018 9:07:28 PM EDT
[#26]
1/2 my cars have been pretty junky.
'01 Camaro
'90 Miata
My fault though, money pits.
Link Posted: 4/5/2018 9:07:44 PM EDT
[#27]
1965 Mustang fastback, 289, 4 speed, 8 inch rear end with 4:11 gears and Lakewood bumper bars.
I traded a 1968 El Camino SS 396 for it in 1977.

It was a pile of shit.
It could do wheelies and burn-outs though.
Link Posted: 4/5/2018 9:09:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
78 L82 Corvette.

Most gutless shitbox ever.
It drove like a shopping cart with a fucked-up wheel.
View Quote
I laughed.
Link Posted: 4/5/2018 9:09:29 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
My 2002 Maxima 6 speed has been the best car I ever had.  I only have 95000 on it.  I hope to get 50000 more before moving on.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nissan Maxima
My 2002 Maxima 6 speed has been the best car I ever had.  I only have 95000 on it.  I hope to get 50000 more before moving on.
Mine had the infamous steering wheel shimmy, the soldering connections in the 6-disc changer problems, rattles everywhere, the dash started cracking by one of the vents....yeah.
Link Posted: 4/5/2018 9:12:03 PM EDT
[#30]
1) 1984 Plymouth Colt - Hand-me-down from my brother, already had been wrecked twice by the time I got it. Beige. Yep, beige. Driven for a year with no gas cap (before I got it), cleaned tank, didn't matter...new fuel filters were usually hosed within a month.  I fixed the body work but could never fix the engine. Would chug and sputter and completely lose power, car would glide to a halt, wait 30 seconds, started right back up and ran without a hitch, just like nothing ever happened. It never ran correctly in the whole time I owned it, and I commuted 60 miles a day at the time.  Fun.

2) 2013 Ford Fusion - After about 15,000 miles, there was always something wrong with the car, even on the day we traded it in. Replaced both rear shocks before 40k, burned up a wiper motor, new airbag sensors, new steering box bolts, bad coolant bypass valve (which caused at least three overheating incidents), rattle from the rear shelf which could never be isolated, squeaks and rattles from interior.  Lots of stuff not covered under warranty and I had to replace at my own cost.

3) 1991 Mercury Tracer - Solid, reliable, completely underpowered, slushbox auto trans. A car for those with insomnia...it could put even the most hyperactive person to sleep with it's sluggish, measure-it-with-a-calendar acceleration.

4) 2008 Volkswagen Passat - Certified used!  Good thing, because it left here twice on a flatbed. Constant CEL, ate rear tires like candy. Undiagnosable engine cutout/sputter under hard acceleration.  Rubberized coating on dash started flaking around key area. Brake pistons had to be retracted BY COMPUTER, so had to take to a specialty shop, rather than take care of it myself. It was a nice car, but it just failed miserably in so many ways.

5) 2004 Jaguar X-Type - The only reason this one wasn't higher on the list is because I had the good sense to sell it before major stuff started going wrong with it. As it was, it ate wheel bearings, made a whining sound as you drove on cold mornings, had a bad ABS sensor that wouldn't let ABS or cruise work, and the leather on the driver's seat was shot by 70K. My favorite moment was when I was driving and the gauges all went to max, then zero, and EVERY SINGLE IDIOT LIGHT came on at the same time. Pulled over, turned it off, and turned it back on, and it continued as if nothing had happened.

The next guy who had it drove it for less than a year.  I saw it parked in his driveway for several months.  Then, I saw it sitting at the local garage.  After 2-3 days, it was on jackstands with the wheels off of it. It stayed like that for several months. Then, it started getting vandalized...big dents kicked in the side of it, scratches, etc. Then, one day, it disappeared and I never saw it again. Bizarre.
Link Posted: 4/5/2018 9:13:12 PM EDT
[#31]
84 Chevy S-10 Blazer.  It had the 2.8L V6.  It couldn't get out of it's own way.  Oil leaks from the intake manifold and valve covers.  I was washing it one day and water ran down the inside of the rear window.  Total POS.  I pretty much swore off GM after that vehicle.

I traded it in less than a year later for a Ford F-150.
Link Posted: 4/5/2018 9:13:33 PM EDT
[#32]
1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee with the 4.0.  Transmission failed.  Oil leaks. Exhaust manifold cracked. AC issues. Basically a money pit that I liked but it just broke too often.
Link Posted: 4/5/2018 9:13:55 PM EDT
[#33]
Toss up between the 91 Ford F-150 xlt 4x4 or my 99 Ford Explorer. See the pattern there.
Link Posted: 4/5/2018 9:14:19 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
2003 Kia Rio my wife had.  A spectacular piece of shit.

@littlepony
View Quote
ahh yes back when kia was kia.

to use a old cowboy movie term.

"aint like that now."

we all have to start somewhere

@bssrf4
Link Posted: 4/5/2018 9:15:52 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

A friend of ours had one of those with just over 100K on it when she went to buy a new car.

When she drove into the KIA dealer the salesman called everyone out to go look at it since it lasted longer than any other one they had ever seen!

View Quote
Mom had one of those that lasted over 100k. Drive train was strong but everything else was falling apart after 7 years.

When I went with her to negotiate on a new Hyundai, they joked she would need to pay them to take it on trade.
Link Posted: 4/5/2018 9:17:06 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

The luxury Cavalier!
Link Posted: 4/5/2018 9:17:30 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote
hell, now i can confidently say we are better than Hyundai

we have a old couple with a sephia with 375k on it

some how that fucker keeps going
Link Posted: 4/5/2018 9:17:42 PM EDT
[#38]
2000 Chevy Silverado 1500 5.3 v8. I swear, every oil leak I fixed a new one started.  Fuel pump quit on it and left me stranded 100 yards from my house. replaced the rear end once. Windshield washer fluid tank leaked. Frame rotted through in one spot. Ended up straight piping it towards the end of its tenure with me when one of the cats clogged and I was too cheap to buy a new one. Rusty as hell. It was a great first trick until all went to shit. Still ended up selling it for what I bought it for. $1800.
Link Posted: 4/5/2018 9:19:01 PM EDT
[#39]
That Cavalier with a Cadillac badge did more damage to Cadillac's standing (and long term sales) than any other Caddy.  Except maybe for that V8-6-4 abomination.

I hope that whoever was responsible for those two self-inflicted mortal wounds ended up with a huge pile of GM stock.  And then lost it all in the bankruptcy.
Link Posted: 4/5/2018 9:19:27 PM EDT
[#40]
A '76 Volkswagen 411 station wagon. Besides a bunch of nuisance problems, the transmission literally exploded at about 40,000 miles when my wife put it in reverse on a cold morning.

Quoted:

ahh yes back when kia was kia.

to use a old cowboy movie term.

"aint like that now."

we all have to start somewhere

@bssrf4
View Quote
Many of us thought the Kia would be the modern day Yugo.

They got their act together pretty quickly, though.
Link Posted: 4/5/2018 9:20:16 PM EDT
[#41]
also, personally, i have never owned a crappy car, i know better
Link Posted: 4/5/2018 9:21:04 PM EDT
[#42]
Dodge Neon. Bought one first year they came out. Huge pos.

Head gasket went as soon as warranty expired 40k miles
Ate tires
Tons of electrical issues
Drivers door sagged and had to be tightened constantly
Ac compressor went out at 60k
Fuel pump died at 65k
Link Posted: 4/5/2018 9:21:25 PM EDT
[#43]
1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee. I'm almost embarrassed to say I owned one
Link Posted: 4/5/2018 9:23:52 PM EDT
[#44]
2001/2 Chevy Trailblazer.  Second new car we ever bought.  Wanted to buy American after 9/11.  'merica!!!  fucking biggest POS.

edited
Link Posted: 4/5/2018 9:25:13 PM EDT
[#45]
Lotsa different vehicles being mentioned, but the majority of them seem to be GM Products. Only GM Product I ever had and will ever have is a '79 C-10 work truck that my uncle wore out then sold to me for $800.00. I used it for about 3 years while building a house, then sold it for what I paid for it. It was beat to shit, but it ran; there wasn't too much to go wrong on a striped model work truck. It did suck the gas and burn the oil though.
Link Posted: 4/5/2018 9:30:13 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
also, personally, i have never owned a crappy car, i know better
View Quote
Considering what you work on, your base line is set pretty low.
Link Posted: 4/5/2018 9:30:27 PM EDT
[#47]
1994 Camaro Z28.

The LT1 is the shittiest small block ever made, GM can take their opti-spark and shove it up their asses (hey let's put the distributor under the water pump that will leak coolant on it all the fucking time and make a new one cost like $500 for just the parts).

Ok yea and let's make the window motors cheap as shit and take like 5 hours to replace.

God I hated that car...
Link Posted: 4/5/2018 9:31:43 PM EDT
[#48]
A mercury marquis from the 80s and a ford mustang from the 70s were both used when I got them and gotten rid of in the first year with too many issues.

no issues with cars or trucks since.
Link Posted: 4/5/2018 9:31:59 PM EDT
[#49]
Preach it, brother!  

In all fairness, by 1984 Chevrolet had worked most of the bugs out.  But by then no one wanted a Citation anymore.  
Link Posted: 4/5/2018 9:33:15 PM EDT
[#50]
Porsche 944. Became embarrassing having to push that piece of shit through intersections and leaving me stranded
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top