Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/25/2020 11:35:05 PM EDT
[#1]
St George, Utah.
Link Posted: 2/25/2020 11:38:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I almost didn't come back from Germany when I worked there a few years ago. Damn good country with great people and amazing food
View Quote
I inherited a house in Amberg, nice little walled old city. But the weather is pretty crappy about half the year. Must be one of the reasons that the entire family came to the USA in the 1800s. My mother's cousin was the last close relative left over there, that's how we got the house. Sold it to pay the taxes and some other inheritors.
Link Posted: 2/25/2020 11:45:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Your dream will become my reality in 43 more months!

Naples

Shooting, paddling, fishing, boating, tinkering all DAY with drinking and screwing well into the night. Rinse and repeat.

The 10,000 islands, the Everglades, Palm trees.

I've got 5 acres I am building my compound on.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Florida's gulf coast. I'd even settle for some of the crummier areas. If it weren't for my job I'd probably move there. I know FL can be a shitshow at times but the weather is awesome and it seems like everyone is always out doing stuff.
Your dream will become my reality in 43 more months!

Naples

Shooting, paddling, fishing, boating, tinkering all DAY with drinking and screwing well into the night. Rinse and repeat.

The 10,000 islands, the Everglades, Palm trees.

I've got 5 acres I am building my compound on.
I'm already retired in Florida. It's great! But don't remember when you go to build a shop make sure you build it bigger when you think you're going to need it, there's never enough room.
Link Posted: 2/25/2020 11:46:07 PM EDT
[#4]
New Mexico was my favorite place to visit. Went to Hiltn Head last summer and spent a day in Bluffton. Seriously considering moving there in 5-10 depending on where my kids go.
Link Posted: 2/25/2020 11:47:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Turn a PBY-Catalina into a tiny house and make the endless summer a reality
Link Posted: 2/25/2020 11:47:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Maui was fantastic , just dislike some of their laws.
View Quote
I'd love to live on Maui, up country. However their unconstitutional firearms laws make it a hard no.
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 12:32:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Japan first then Austria
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 12:44:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I'd spend half the year in Arizona and half in Switzerland.
View Quote
I like this
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 1:00:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
i worked with loads of Ugandan security guys. they were the happiest / most friendly people i have ever been around, id like to think many of their towns / villages would be the same and treat you like a favorite uncle.
View Quote
My wife is going to Uganda in June for a mission trip.  I'll find out.
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 1:01:04 AM EDT
[#10]
The Amalfi Coast in Italy, specifically Positano.

Attachment Attached File

Maybe Normandy or outside Lisbon.

Or the ancestral homeland, Slovenia. Plus it's within driving distance to Venice and Croatia.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 1:06:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Boston
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 1:29:45 AM EDT
[#12]
Do you live in Jackson Hole?   I’d happily summer there or the UP.  Both beautiful places.
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 1:30:53 AM EDT
[#13]
Do you live in Jackson Hole?   I’d happily summer there or the UP.  Both beautiful places.
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 8:46:37 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
There is a small set of homes just south of the Jackson Hole Airport.  One of my uncle's had a house there.  Amazing place.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/180018/20130915_162505_jpg-1290925.JPG
View Quote
I was there this past June. We had snow flurries one evening. In. Fucking. June.  No thanks, I'll keep it on my "places that were fun to visit" list.
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 8:47:44 AM EDT
[#15]
Easy, winter in Phuket, Thailand.
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 8:52:40 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Destin, Florida.
We own a fishing lure manufacturing company and that place, besides being awesomely beautiful, would be a great place to test our products.
View Quote
Was coming here to post the same. Wife and I are saving to buy a place near destin for retirement
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 9:00:33 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I'm already retired in Florida. It's great! But don't remember when you go to build a shop make sure you build it bigger when you think you're going to need it, there's never enough room.
https://i.imgur.com/a2mfVx6.jpg
View Quote
Yep!

I told my Wife the house is all hers but the detached shop/office/garage/warehouse/outdoor grill-bar is all mine! ATTEMPT NO LANDING THERE...
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 9:10:02 AM EDT
[#18]
View Quote
We LOVED Pasitano! We stayed down on the beach but would hike up a couple miles every day to a little, local grocery store where would buy cheeses, meats, olives and a loaf of fresh baked bread and have a picnic. The locals often thought we were lost (or crazy) and asked if we needed directions or a Taxi I would drink Grappa Blanc (Italian for Kerosene) and we would share a bottle of Pellegrino with a fresh lemon squeezed into the bottle. My 18yo Daughter enjoyed spending time on the beach having rich boys lavish her with attention. My Wife would sit back an appropriate distance with the other girl's mothers and make sure our daughter was properly chaperoned. I started addressing her as "vecchia signora"
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 9:18:52 AM EDT
[#19]
I would just buy a bunch more land where I live. This is my utopia.
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 9:23:20 AM EDT
[#20]
My retired self is burning up the Travelocity site looking at airfares.
I’m in Costa Rica now and was in Guatemala last week and Cebu and bohol 2 weeks ago.
I had an apartment in zapote /San Jose last year for a few months and spent 4 months traveling in the Philippines after that.
I like a lot of places, but I have a paid off lake cabin in the east Texas. I’m gonna explore more places but I think I do better with 3-4 week trips and exploring different places.
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 9:23:46 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
St John, USVI.
View Quote
I lived there for a few months, much better vibe than most of the other USVI.
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 9:25:15 AM EDT
[#22]
Viet Nam
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 9:28:42 AM EDT
[#23]
Somewhere around Yellowstone or the Tetons
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 9:30:44 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
The property that I owned in FLA .   Had to sell it due to , well you know , the 50% rule .

Had deep water dock and all that jazz.

gd
View Quote
@GANDYDANCER

What's the 50% rule?
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 9:31:58 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I live here now but I won't for too much longer. Cheapest house right now is $900k. It's been a good 12 years. We'll see how much further I can make it.
View Quote
I've known some people who were forced to live in Driggs ID for that very reason.
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 9:32:16 AM EDT
[#26]
Places that I have been, would have to be Kauai.
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 9:36:37 AM EDT
[#27]
I've lived and/or traveled all over the world and I'm pretty darned happy in Georgia.  Gun laws and the 2A in general are my main deciding factor when deciding a place to live.  The weather comes second.  GA is pretty decent on both accounts so far.
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 9:37:01 AM EDT
[#28]
Big ass cabin with heated garage on at least 1000ac in Montana.  Fiber internet.

I dont like people.  I like privacy.
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 9:45:19 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I've lived and/or traveled all over the world and I'm pretty darned happy in Georgia.  Gun laws and the 2A in general are my main deciding factor when deciding a place to live.  The weather comes second.  GA is pretty decent on both accounts so far.
View Quote
Lol are you high?

GA weather is pure AIDS. You either burn or you freeze or it rains. We have no real season. It’s either burn, freeze, or kinda hot kinda cold. Never just right. The summers are awful.

I mean I live here because my stuff is here. But like, I could spend a few months in some of these places I’ve mentioned.
I wouldn’t want to live there though.
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 9:51:02 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Turn a PBY-Catalina into a tiny house and make the endless summer a reality
View Quote
Robert August chose Costa Rica,  he still shapes surfboards in his spare time.

Link Posted: 2/26/2020 9:56:19 AM EDT
[#31]
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top