BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 9:11:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Fucking POS fatass douchenozzle will write anyone without a VT plate for 1 mph over in Plymouth VT. Most of the time he is just north of 100a in the municipal building parking lot, but he has also started to expand his douchekingdom down to Tyson right where it drops from 50 to 35 with little warning. I would love to see the stats from that area. It is almost guaranteed he has someone everytime I travel that road, and it is always the same asshole fuckwad POS.
View Quote

Johnstown, OH was very similar for a long time.

55 to 35, rural, very little warning

Fucking Barney Fife would pull your ass over for slightly over speed.

Everyone in town called him Barney Fife lol.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 9:11:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Yes
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wait a hot fucking minute!!!
OUR own military police were running radar, on a FOB, in a foreign country, and handing out tickets to their FELLOW SOLDIERS???
Is this for real?

Yes

That's so fucked up.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 9:12:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
37 in a 35.  No shit.  (That and my genius 3yo nephew decides to flip the bird at the cop as we passed while sitting in his car seat in the back of my Jeep)
View Quote

He learned that from some one.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 9:13:36 PM EDT
[#4]
I got pulled over for going 3MPH over by a douche bag security guy in a gated community on my way out. He had the balls to ask for my license and documents. I told him to get fucked and I drove off to the gate.

My real speeding tickets were always well over the speed limit.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 9:15:36 PM EDT
[#5]
60 in a 55 on I-271 in Ohio.  Paid the fine, Ohio subsequently reported that I hadn’t paid and had my license suspended in my home state which led to me being ordered out of my car at gunpoint over a lighter.  Fun times.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 9:15:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
52 in a 55 on a back road in Michigan.
But the ticket said 66 on it.

Another time I came around a curve at 50, thinking I was in a 55 zone (I may have been or I might have missed an intermediate speed drop in the dark), and right there in my face is a 25mph sign.
Got pulled over for passing that sign at 30 with my brakes on.
Cop took my papers, sat in the cruiser for 15 minutes, then sent me on my way without a ticket.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/31/2022 9:16:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I got a ticket in the mail from Basel Switzerland for going 4 km/h over the limit.
View Quote

Whats that in American
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 9:17:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

That's fucked up if so.
View Quote

Safety First!  Especially in a shooting zone,
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 9:17:24 PM EDT
[#9]
I didn't get a ticket but the Deputy pulled up beside me and was announcing over his PA that I was doing 56 in a 55.
I was a college kid in a college town in the early 80's
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 9:17:43 PM EDT
[#10]
60 in a 55, but area was a known to be a speed trap, but I did not think 5 over was a stopper
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 9:18:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
16 in a 15mph zone, Fort Benning, GA.  Didn't have a sear belt on either, but let me off on the no seat belt
View Quote

Wow!
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 9:19:13 PM EDT
[#12]
They wrote me up for 19 over. I was going well over that. The fine was less for 20 mph or less
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 9:21:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
2 under.

Blatant money grab.

View Quote

Imagine dashcams with GPS having the power to kill all those cash grabs. I love it!
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 9:22:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I was running a truck load of mortar ammo to the gun line on Camp Fallujah because we were about to run out.  MP's come up on me lights flashing.  I kept going, when I got to the gun line they tried to give me shit about speeding.  I told them if they were going to stand around flapping their mouths they better be helping unload ammo.  They left.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
30 in a 25 FOB Cedar II Iraq in a HMMWV about 5 months after the invasion.

My CO tore it up.

I was running a truck load of mortar ammo to the gun line on Camp Fallujah because we were about to run out.  MP's come up on me lights flashing.  I kept going, when I got to the gun line they tried to give me shit about speeding.  I told them if they were going to stand around flapping their mouths they better be helping unload ammo.  They left.

Link Posted: 7/31/2022 9:23:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
OUR own military police were running radar, on a FOB, in a foreign country, and handing out tickets to their FELLOW SOLDIERS???
Is this for real?
View Quote
Even better many of those camps and FOB were getting hit regularly with rockets and mortars while the MPs were passing out speeding tickets on base.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 9:23:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
56 in a 55. Fuck the Ohio Highway Patrol. I was 19 and heading to class at Columbus State. I thought I had my cruise control set to 55 and passed a trooper going well under the speed limit in the right lane. He lit me up and asked how retarded I had to be to not slow down while passing him. He made sure I understood that whatever speed I was doing, I needed to slow down to show respect when passing a trooper. I was young and had no idea you could fight these things, I kind of wish I had taken it to court to see if the judge would have thrown it out. I am sure the trooper would have been an ass in front of the judge.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/31/2022 9:24:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
About 28 years ago.  60
in a 55.

Good flowing traffic no adverse conditions.  

The earful I’d give an asshole revenue cop if that happened to me now wound be epic.

That was back when I respected law enforcement.  

They have shown to me the last few years that they do not deserve my respect.

View Quote

Link Posted: 7/31/2022 9:25:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Michigan State Trooper wrote me for 70 in a 65, but I had the cruise set at 80 and I think he said he clocked me at 78.
2am, trying to get home from a race track in Illinois before I fell asleep.
Wasn't my car, I had to take over for my friend about an hour before because he was more tired than me.

My attorney told me to demand a formal hearing and talk to the prosecutor at pretrial, so I did.
Was assessed $25 in court costs to dismiss it without prejudice, with a threat that if I got another ticket in the next six months they'd reinstate it.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 9:27:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I didn't get a ticket but was supposed stopped for going 41 in a 40 at 1 AM.
Told the cop and his backup they're fucking retarded.
Which I guess for cop vocabulary mean "i have contraband".
Denied search.

Then asked if ive been drinking.
No
Then wanted me to step out to do a sobriety test.
So I not very kindly reminded them about they stopped me for allegedly going 41 in a 40, not for erratic driving.

Bunch of back an forth BS. Eventually let me leave. No ticket. No paper. Just a verbal "slow down"

Whatever. They're fucking cucks
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/31/2022 9:27:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Not the lowest compared to many here but my wife got a speeding ticket for 35mph in a 25mph zone by a Navy security dweeb on CBC Gulfport just days after Hurricane Katrina hit us. The last sign she passed said 35 mph but the security dweeb told her that there used to be a 25mph sign where she was before the hurricane blew it away.

The ticket got thrown out.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 9:29:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
60 in a 55 on I-271 in Ohio.  Paid the fine, Ohio subsequently reported that I hadn’t paid and had my license suspended in my home state which led to me being ordered out of my car at gunpoint over a lighter.  Fun times.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/31/2022 9:30:29 PM EDT
[#22]
I have.  3 MPH in bluffton, SC Memorial Day weekend 2001.  They were on a nightly news segment, I think it was NBC, called the Fleecing of America.  I was driving from my home in Savannah to Hilton Head spend the weekend with my newly pregnant wife.

ETA:  my ticket was 18 in a 15.  They had speed limit signs set up where it went from 35 down to 15 in 5 mph increments over a course of like 1/2 a mile.  I knew about that bullshit, was decelerating, but didn’t make it under 15 before I passed the sign and got nailed.  Fuckers
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 9:30:52 PM EDT
[#23]
I got a written warning for going 78 in a 75, on I-40 in Arizona. He was straight out of the academy.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 9:31:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Imagine dashcams with GPS having the power to kill all those cash grabs. I love it!
View Quote

Yeah, I need to get one.

But I generally speed up to 10% over limit.

Depending on where and such.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 9:33:41 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Not the lowest compared to many here but my wife got a speeding ticket for 35mph in a 25mph zone by a Navy security dweeb on CBC Gulfport just days after Hurricane Katrina hit us. The last sign she passed said 35 mph but the security dweeb told her that there used to be a 25mph sign where she was before the hurricane blew it away.

The ticket got thrown out.
View Quote

JFC!
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 9:33:53 PM EDT
[#26]
1990(ish),  I got one for 19 in a 15.  School zone.  Zero tolerance.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 9:34:14 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Anyone get a ticket for less than 5 MPH over the speed limit?

If so, what state was it in?
View Quote

I once got a ticket for 35 in a 50. Yup, 15 UNDER.

It had just stopped snowing, plows had scraped the road, but there was still some snow.

Fucking Officer Friendly was pissed he couldnt catch me in his POS Station wagon.

Link Posted: 7/31/2022 9:35:23 PM EDT
[#28]
77 mph in a 70.

Gave me a full ticket.

Now you pass them at 80 and they don't care.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 9:36:46 PM EDT
[#29]
Once in NC. Someplace around Sanford. 43 in a 40. NC state trooper. I was slowing down from the 55mph zone to the 40mph zone.
Trooper said he clocked me in the 40 zone. I pointed out we were about 50 yards inside the 40 zone. You clocked me while you were sitting still.  Caught up to me within 50 yards of the speed limit sign.
He said I was in the 40 zone. Wife said forget it. Take the ticket and we'll pay it online when we get home.

I forgot how bad NC troopers were from my time at Bragg in the '80s
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 9:37:12 PM EDT
[#30]
I've gotten three speeding tickets in my life.  All three were for exactly 22 over, and the oldest and newest are 25 years apart.

That takes talent.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 9:38:44 PM EDT
[#31]
69 in a 65 earlier this year. It was on I25 going thru the heart of Albuquerque. I’d love to be upset but I was let go for 135 in a 55 back in the 90’s. Sheriff told me he was getting off in a 1/2 an hour and didn’t want to deal with this at the end of his shift.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 9:39:17 PM EDT
[#32]
I was pulled over by a deputy when I lived in NY for accelerating from 45 to 55 about 50 feet before the sign, which at 45 mph is a second or two of distance. She seemed unsure of why she pulled me over, even despite me being polite I ended up with a citation. Judge threw it out.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 9:39:18 PM EDT
[#33]
5-6 years ago, 60 in a 55, on a 2-lane highway, at about 11:30 pm, and no traffic. Ohio state troopers can be dicks.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 9:40:39 PM EDT
[#34]
4mph by a University cop.

I took it to court, the fat fuck forgot to bring his radar qual and his radar calibration paperwork. He also shot me from off campus (he was on campus.) I had slowed down before I crossed on to his turf. Ticket was thrown out.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 9:41:40 PM EDT
[#35]
54 in a 50, Omaha, NE
Douglas County Deputy on a fishing expedition.

A tool unequalled.

Link Posted: 7/31/2022 9:43:08 PM EDT
[#36]
58 in a 55.  It was midnight on a Sunday night/Monday morning.  Local cop half an hour south of San Antonio, Texas.  Couldn't believe it.

I got a warning once for going 30 in a 30 in rural Wyoming.  I came into town, looked down, and I was going exactly 30.  Half a minute later, I'm still going 30 when a cop pulls out and turns his lights on.  He claims I was going 55 when I entered the zone.  I politely but firmly told him I was certain I was going 30.  He asked if I was calling him a liar.  I said "no," but I was almost certain I had been going 30.  He let me go with a warning, but I was PISSED.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 9:43:48 PM EDT
[#37]
4 over from a Texas trooper
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 9:44:02 PM EDT
[#38]
A MA State Trooper pulled me over on the Pike for going 63 in a 65 and gave me a ticket claiming I was driving 75.

I had cruise control set to 63 because it was early on a Saturday morning and there weren’t any other cars out, so I knew there was a good chance some bored Trooper would pull me over. I eventually saw one up ahead of me. That SOB slammed on his brakes in the left lane, waited for me to pass, then pulled me over and handed me a ticket for 75.

The whole thing was bizarre.

Link Posted: 7/31/2022 9:44:18 PM EDT
[#39]
I know a friend that was pulled over for 21 in a 20 in Jackson, WY. Pretty sure no ticket though.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 9:47:18 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Left middle finger shoved out the driver's window as far as it would go.
I'd been doing it to that county's deputies for about six months, ever since I met this one total POS perjuring asshole.
They always ignored it, they were professionals.
That day I flipped off the asshole himself, so he wrote me for 11 over, because it cost considerably more than 10 over.
20 years later, I met that (retired) asshole. He was such a pitiful oaf that I couldn't work up enough hate to piss on his grave later.

Oh, I forgot one.
Same county, couple years later. I crest a hill, 53-54mph.
There's a deputy in the rest stop at the bottom of the hill.
I watch the needle pretty carefully going down that hill, but I think it did hit 56 briefly.
He pulled me over for a (not a primary offense) seat belt ticket, and used my "going 60" as the excuse for the stop that allowed him to write the seat belt. Told me he pulled me over for the belt, wouldn't have pulled me if I had a belt on.
Told the magistrate he pulled me over for the belt.
Magistrate didn't GAF that the legislature in no way shape or form wanted people pulled over for seat belt offenses, and convicted me of the seat belt offense. A few years later, the state legislature (under pressure from the feds IIRC) made seat belts a primary offense.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ohio plate?

Left middle finger shoved out the driver's window as far as it would go.
I'd been doing it to that county's deputies for about six months, ever since I met this one total POS perjuring asshole.
They always ignored it, they were professionals.
That day I flipped off the asshole himself, so he wrote me for 11 over, because it cost considerably more than 10 over.
20 years later, I met that (retired) asshole. He was such a pitiful oaf that I couldn't work up enough hate to piss on his grave later.

Oh, I forgot one.
Same county, couple years later. I crest a hill, 53-54mph.
There's a deputy in the rest stop at the bottom of the hill.
I watch the needle pretty carefully going down that hill, but I think it did hit 56 briefly.
He pulled me over for a (not a primary offense) seat belt ticket, and used my "going 60" as the excuse for the stop that allowed him to write the seat belt. Told me he pulled me over for the belt, wouldn't have pulled me if I had a belt on.
Told the magistrate he pulled me over for the belt.
Magistrate didn't GAF that the legislature in no way shape or form wanted people pulled over for seat belt offenses, and convicted me of the seat belt offense. A few years later, the state legislature (under pressure from the feds IIRC) made seat belts a primary offense.

Were you speeding ? Pretty ballsy to flip a cop of going 10+ over. I think if I was inclined to flip a cop off, I'd be doing the speed limit.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 9:48:39 PM EDT
[#41]
81 in an 80  just south of cedar cityUHP trooper needed to meet his quota
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 9:48:53 PM EDT
[#42]
City/county cops in GA can't write tickets for less than 10 or 11 over.  So many small town speed traps that the state legislature had to tell them to knock it off with a law.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 9:50:00 PM EDT
[#43]
Wife got a ticket for 66 in a 65 from an Oklahoma state trooper on her way to class one morning.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 9:50:32 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

That's fucked up if so.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My CO tore it up.
Is this for real?

That's fucked up if so.

Yeah and they had people who's sole purpose was not to let you into the DFAC or dinning facility if your uniform was dirty so the people coming in off remote FOB's or off patrol couldn't eat.

People's experiences in the WOT vary wildly. A lot of people were in very dangerous situations on a daily basis but even more lived on giant FOB's that had PX's, fast food, and activity nights like dancing classes.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 9:52:52 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 9:54:15 PM EDT
[#46]
Smithville Ohio was known for this. 37 in 35. 27 in a 25. One weekend they popped the most popular DJ in NE Ohio for 27 in a 25. Every morning for months he would go on an epic rant about those no good sobs and everyone should avoid that hick town. It chapped his ass something fierce and he made it his personal FM mission to destroy that town.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 9:55:41 PM EDT
[#47]
Yes, in Wyoming on I25, just after they changed the limit to 80, I was ticketed for driving 83mph.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 9:55:54 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Is this for real?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My CO tore it up.
Is this for real?
Yep, I got a ticket on Anaconda/Balad in Irag in 2007. Can't remember the speed but it wasn't much. I was the only guy from my Command there at the time. I threw it in the trash.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 9:58:25 PM EDT
[#49]
55 in a 54
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 9:58:32 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I got a written warning for going 78 in a 75, on I-40 in Arizona. He was straight out of the academy.
View Quote

Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top