Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/28/2022 2:36:09 PM EDT
Yes, I know, nobody in GD cares about the Olympics…but it makes a convenient benchmark in this case. Plus, it’s possible that it may be a consideration in the Russian plans anyways.
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 2:36:41 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't think it is going to happen.
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 2:37:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I'd bet a PMag
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 2:37:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Too much time has already passed.
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 2:37:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

I’m kind of there with you…I still only give it roughly a 50/50 chance of actually happening.
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 2:41:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Won't happen, at least not this year.
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 2:43:05 PM EDT
[#6]
It seems very un-tactical to build up to an invasion the entire world now knows about, down to the detail.  My guess is the buildup IS the plan, in order to gain concessions and a better position for Russia in The New Normal World brought about by Biden's complete ineptness in Afghanistan.  You can bet that right now, Blinken is "masterfully" negotiating with the Russians to bring about "a lasting peace in the region" by giving them a basically blank USA check to do what they want with it.  Blinken will wave the check stub in the air when he announces, "Peace in our Time."
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 2:44:18 PM EDT
[#7]
What if all the Russia invading Ukraine hysteria is just Biden and crew trying to to extort protection money out of Ukraine into their personal bank accounts?
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 2:44:59 PM EDT
[#8]
2 weeks.
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 2:45:03 PM EDT
[#9]
They're rolling in right now!

Link Posted: 1/28/2022 2:45:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
What if all the Russia invading Ukraine hysteria is just Biden and crew trying to to extort protection money out of Ukraine into their personal bank accounts?
View Quote

EU sent 1.2 billion in aid to Ukraine and the US Congress is discussing sending $500 million in emergency aid.  What is 10% of that?
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 2:46:59 PM EDT
[#11]
If he does nothing he will be seen as Biden's bitch.
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 2:48:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
It seems very un-tactical to build up to an invasion the entire world now knows about, down to the detail.  My guess is the buildup IS the plan, in order to gain concessions and a better position for Russia in The New Normal World brought about by Biden's complete ineptness in Afghanistan.  You can bet that right now, Blinken is "masterfully" negotiating with the Russians to bring about "a lasting peace in the region" by giving them a basically blank USA check to do what they want with it.  Blinken will wave the check stub in the air when he announces, "Peace in our Time."
View Quote

True but in the age of smart phones and twitter it’s not easy to avoid.
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 2:49:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Tonight.
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 2:51:34 PM EDT
[#14]
The Russian economy is in shambles.  He can't afford a war or the economic repercussions of it.  The oligarchs would be most unhappy.  This is a distraction for the domestic audience.
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 2:56:16 PM EDT
[#15]
NEVER
False flag to laundry weapons to, who knows who 2......
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 3:00:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
The Russian economy is in shambles.  He can't afford a war or the economic repercussions of it.  The oligarchs would be most unhappy.  This is a distraction for the domestic audience.
View Quote

Wow. You hit all the internet myths.

They're all wrong. Russia has never been in a better position to invade.
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 3:01:53 PM EDT
[#17]
After Valentine's Day. No one loves war so it'll be done after.
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 3:02:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 3:04:11 PM EDT
[#19]
View Quote

Needs moar vodka!
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 3:09:14 PM EDT
[#20]
I don’t think it’s smart to take so long to build up your offense. Everything is in public view these days and broadcast around the world almost in real time. But no one ever confused Russia with being smart. So I believe they will do something soon, next week or two. It may be very small in nature. Putin has to at least be smart enough to know he will get his dick slapped down if he launches a full scale invasion.
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 3:17:09 PM EDT
[#21]
You guys saying Russia is just sabre rattling don't understand, apparently.

The forces Putin has moved cost a solid fucking fortune, especially for Russia. They continue to move it. The number of mobilized troops, including those already on the front and those en route, appears to be around 175,000.

If they do nothing, they have to move it back. They are actually the strongest they have been in decades. Where people get the idea that Russia's economy and military are falling apart, I have no idea.

If they do nothing, and their demands are not met (they will not be met), Russia will go.

But most of all, Russia has committed enormous amounts of time and planning to this. Remember, this started a while back.

Russia spent the last 10 years deploying SR nukes into Kaliningrad and upgraded from the shittiest troops they had in that area to some of their most elite.

They're rolling.

Link Posted: 1/28/2022 3:17:54 PM EDT
[#22]
FPNI.  F*ck the propaganda from the MSM.  Stop watching those lying dogs.
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 3:18:51 PM EDT
[#23]
Probably wont unless Biden goads him into it.
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 3:20:51 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Tonight.
View Quote

Tonight's no good.  Biden has treatment for the, you know, the,  the thing.  Cmon man.
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 3:21:59 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 3:23:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
You guys saying Russia is just sabre rattling don't understand, apparently.

The forces Putin has moved cost a solid fucking fortune, especially for Russia. They continue to move it. The number of mobilized troops, including those already on the front and those en route, appears to be around 175,000.

If they do nothing, they have to move it back. They are actually the strongest they have been in decades. Where people get the idea that Russia's economy and military are falling apart, I have no idea.

If they do nothing, and their demands are not met (they will not be met), Russia will go.

But most of all, Russia has committed enormous amounts of time and planning to this. Remember, this started a while back.

Russia spent the last 10 years deploying SR nukes into Kaliningrad and upgrade from the shittiest troops they had in that area to some of their most elite.

They're rolling.

View Quote

These are all good points, but the reality is that nobody knows but Putin and his cronies.

You make a good argument, but Russia does things that are incomprehensible to us.

I'm not convinced either way, but my gut tells me he's playing a game to get what he wants. Time will tell.
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 3:29:22 PM EDT
[#27]
It all depends on Biden’s wife’s BJ game when she is sent to Moscow!
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 3:51:43 PM EDT
[#28]
Said it before. Keep an eye on February 2nd. OP and PERSEC (for the sources) doesn't allow me to say much else. AND it is not yet etched in stone. Term used was "High probability".

They and me both hope we're all wrong. Time will tell.
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 3:52:41 PM EDT
[#29]
He wont

Please stop with this crap.

Nothing will happen
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 3:57:48 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
It seems very un-tactical to build up to an invasion the entire world now knows about, down to the detail.
View Quote

Why? That’s exactly what the US did prior to OIF.  It’s kind of hard to build up a huge invasion force these days without the world noticing.
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 3:58:40 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I'd bet a PMag
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/28/2022 4:09:28 PM EDT
[#32]
unless biden caves..he pretty much has to. or he will look like a bitch and loose all respect from his own people! he would loose all credibility in the world and would be a laughing stock poster boy!  he does not strike me as that type.  further more, why in the world would you move all that equipment and personnel there and not already know either A.  you are going to get what you want from the US/Nato or B. Already know you're going in no matter what the cost?!  if their economy really is in shambles, then what difference would it make?  Putin is NOT going to back down from Joe Biden.  He has already made an agreement or pack with china.  now whether or not that is militarily or monetarily that may be the real question?  but the way i see it, he has too now.  or either we and the Nato Allies give in and he goes around saying how he pushed Nato around and then so can china when it comes to Tiawan.  just my 2 cents worth
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 4:11:07 PM EDT
[#33]
He won't. Sabre rattling only. In the USA specifically, it's war mongering for the military industrial complex.
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 4:11:15 PM EDT
[#34]
I'm only trusting intel from thepantydropper.
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 4:13:20 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 4:13:33 PM EDT
[#36]
All of this should be settled with barehanded single combat between Putin and the Mayor of Kyiv.
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 4:14:49 PM EDT
[#37]
Last olympics in China Russia invaded Georgia for the opening ceremony. Good distracting time in the news cycle.

Plus it pisses on Chinas parade.
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 4:15:47 PM EDT
[#38]
Monday?
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 4:16:48 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

So why is Russian spending HUGE amounts of resources (that is very expensive for their shitty economy) moving all of the military assets into position for an invasion?

What would the purpose of that be, if they are not going to actually invade?  

What are they hoping to gain in exchange for their huge expenditure?

If Russia is not going to invade, then there has to be a different reason for the build-up.  Please explain what it is.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He wont

Please stop with this crap.

Nothing will happen

So why is Russian spending HUGE amounts of resources (that is very expensive for their shitty economy) moving all of the military assets into position for an invasion?

If Russia is not going to invade, then there has to be a different reason for the build-up.  Please explain what it is.

This is the same MO preceding every other major Russian military adventure in its border nations.

It’s crazy to bank on this being a ruse.

It was crazy for Saddam to think we were bluffing in 2003. Look where that got him.
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 4:18:24 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

This is the same MO preceding every other major Russian military adventure in its border nations.

It's crazy to bank on this being a ruse.

It was crazy for Saddam to think we were bluffing in 2003. Look where that got him.
View Quote

Speaking of banking on it, is Vegas laying odds?
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 4:20:20 PM EDT
[#41]
Xi asked Putin to wait until at least the closing olympic ceremonies
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 4:20:23 PM EDT
[#42]
Personally, Putin could’ve moved all the forces there with the intention to invade and think better on it when he saw many NATO countries are upset about it. Personally though, I think NATO and the US response just emboldens him. Not one country is willing to send troops or assets into Ukraine… just war material so they can attempt a defense. That’s a clear picture everyone will stomp their feet and do jack shit.
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 4:21:46 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

There is no other reason, Russia will go in, in the next 2 weeks.
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 4:44:08 PM EDT
[#44]
About 1600 on a Friday once all the lights are off at the Pentagon.
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 4:46:18 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 4:49:39 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I'd bet a PMag
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd bet a PMag
Parameters of the bet?

i.e. Invade by when? How many dudes make an invasion?

What generation of PMag?
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 4:53:41 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 4:56:00 PM EDT
[#48]
The Russian army needed winter camping practice.

All a distraction from Brandon's colossal shit show of a presidency. With some palm greasing added for the "Big guy", no doubt.
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 5:00:56 PM EDT
[#49]
This isn’t Sabre rattling last time there was a demon rat president in office he got crimea pretty much handed to him.
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 5:10:10 PM EDT
[#50]
Next week.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top