Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 11:36:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Toybox Killer. I don't even want to go copy and paste what they did, just so I don't have to be reminded.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 11:41:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Toybox Killer. I don't even want to go copy and paste what they did, just so I don't have to be reminded.
View Quote

David Parker Ray.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 11:41:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

David Parker Ray.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

David Parker Ray.
I said I don't want to be reminded!
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 11:43:47 AM EDT
[#4]
While murder is wrong, eating your victims is just fucked up, so Dahmer for the win as the most horrific.

Edmund Kemper fucking his moms decapitated head shows he had real mommy issues.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 11:43:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Dean Corll gives me the heebie jeebies more than maybe any other.  Mostly how he had a small team working for him.  

H.H. Holmes was maybe the most efficient, but different times, so he doesn't strike quite as much of a chord with me as more modern killers.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 11:49:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

David Parker Ray.

Most people do not know who he is, or what his crimes were like.  He isn’t as high profile due to the fact he was convicted and imprisoned and then died.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 11:51:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Joseph James DeAngelo. The Golden State Killer/The Original Night Stalker. He’d break into your house ahead of time and unload your pistol. Hide ropes under your couch cushions. Outran an FBI agent in a car - DeAngelo was on a bike. Vaulted fences, mapped out neighborhoods, snuck silently into your house at night. He’d rape your wife in the next room, while you were tied up with dishes stacked on your back so you couldn’t move without alarming him. Killed without hesitation when cornered or when he felt like it. Got away with it for forty years.

Dean Corll was maybe even worse, certainly more sadistic, but he only got away with it for as long as he did because the cops in his town were completely fucking incompetent. GSK was actually adept at his fucked up craft.
View Quote

Carbine Mom votes East Area Rapist too
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 11:52:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Most people do not know who he is, or what his crimes were like.  He isn’t as high profile due to the fact he was convicted and imprisoned and then died.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

David Parker Ray.

Which is a shame.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 11:54:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 11:59:38 AM EDT
[#10]
subbed. there are some messed up people around. I guess it's good to be reminded but damn if this just doesn't make you furious.

I watched an interested show on serial killers on I think Long Island. the thing about how many they expect to be "working" in the US at any one time is truly terrifying. There's no way I haven't met a few in my life already
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 12:03:57 PM EDT
[#11]
The one we haven't found yet.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 12:04:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Leonard Lake & Charles Ng are pretty horrific, as far as what they did to their victims.

I saw a very brief clip of one of their torture/kill videos, purportedly at least, posted on a site some years ago. I'm not squeamish about that stuff at all, but I had to shut it off.

Horrific.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 12:05:50 PM EDT
[#13]
On the subject of Dahmer and the whole “he liked to eat penis” thing, I wonder HOW he actually ate the severed penises of his victims.

Like, did he put them in a hot dog bun with mustard and relish?
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 12:06:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
On the subject of Dahmer and the whole “he liked to eat penis” thing, I wonder HOW he actually ate the severed penises of his victims.

View Quote

Dude, wtf
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 12:07:48 PM EDT
[#15]
I think Kuklinski deserves a mention.

Maybe not a 'serial killer'... but he's still scary as shit.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 12:09:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

H.H. Holmes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Who was the guy in the 19th century that ran a whole kidnapping and torture building somewhere in a big city?

H.H. Holmes

Devil in the White City is a really good book.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 12:12:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
No one comes close to Hitler or commies for the past 100 years.
View Quote

Yes, Stalin and Mao would want to check in on this thread full of small time poseurs.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 12:12:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I don't doubt that one bit. I sure as fuck wouldn't want to be privy to some of that shit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He was an especially sick bastard.
To take the time to set up a torture chamber and go through the trouble he did to conceal it takes time and effort.  Even guys who worked the case found his video tapes disturbing.

People in law enforcement suffer a lot having to watch evidence like that, particularly if it involves children.  I've known more than one law enforcement officer who was permanently traumatized and had to seek professional help just having to witness crap like that.  One of them became dependent on meds IIRC.

I don't doubt that one bit. I sure as fuck wouldn't want to be privy to some of that shit.

Agree. I know that when the human mind breaks it can do so in spectacularly bizarre fashion... but I don’t need to be in on that level of detail.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 12:16:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48896/206_jpg-1501682.JPG

Her and here like are the most horrific to me.
They feel morally superior for their killings and a large part of society feels the same.
View Quote

Can’t argue with this.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 12:30:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Dude, wtf
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dude, wtf

Link Posted: 7/13/2020 12:33:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
On the subject of Dahmer and the whole "he liked to eat penis" thing, I wonder HOW he actually ate the severed penises of his victims.

View Quote

I wouldn't eat a dick, but if I was into that thing I think I'd slice them up. Dick chips, as it were.

Fried, sauteed, you know...something like that.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 12:39:36 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dude, wtf

I mean it would take a psychopath to put relish on anything
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 12:50:09 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 12:52:18 PM EDT
[#24]
Candy man killer from Houston. Killed teenagers. Handcuffed some of them together in a fight to the death telling them the one that won would live, then killed both. Buried them at the beach outside of Houston and under a boat storage rental 2-1/2 hours north of Houston. His accomplice that got out  and killed him is still alive in prison I think.

Candy man killer

Dean Arnold Corll(December 24, 1939  August 8, 1973) was an American serial killer who abducted, raped, tortured, and murdered at least 28 teenage boys and young men between 1970 and 1973 in Houston, Texas. Corll was aided by two teenaged accomplices, David Owen Brooks and Elmer Wayne Henley. The crimes, which became known as the Houston Mass Murders, came to light after Henley fatally shot Corll. Upon discovery, they were considered the worst example of serial murder in U.S. history
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 12:52:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Albert Fish Child murderer/cannibal

/thread

Warning: If you read the letters he sent to the parents of his victims. They can't be unread.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 12:53:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Planned Parenthood.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 12:59:43 PM EDT
[#27]
Szilveszter Matuska has always creeped me out.

Matuska's first successful crime was the derailment of the Berlin-Basel express train south of Berlin on August 8, 1931. More than 100 people were injured, several of them seriously, but there were no deaths. Because of the discovery of a defaced Nazi newspaper at the scene of the crime, among other things, the attack was believed to have been politically motivated. A bounty of 100,000 reichsmark was put on the perpetrator.[1]

Matuska's second and more notorious successful crime was the derailment of the Vienna Express headed towards Vienna as it was crossing the Biatorbágy bridge near Budapest at 12.20am on 13 September 1931. Twenty-two people died and 120 others were injured, 17 of them severely.[1]

Matuska carried out this crime by placing numerous sticks of dynamite[2] in a brown fiber suitcase, which detonated at a viaduct due to the weight of the train, causing the engine and nine of the eleven coaches to plunge into a ravine 30 meters deep. Matuska was discovered at the scene of the crime but, passing himself off as a surviving passenger, he was released. Investigators in the three countries were on his trail, however, and he was arrested in Vienna one month later, on 10 October 1931, whereupon he soon confessed.

Matuska reportedly escaped from jail in Vác in 1945. According to some reports, he served as an explosives expert during the latter stages of World War II; he was never recaptured and his fate is unknown. Rumours have circulated that he appeared on the communist side in the Korean War, but there is no evidence to support this.

Matuska's motives remain unclear. His first attack was initially thought to have been politically motivated. At his trial, Matuska claimed to have been ordered to derail the express by God. Matuska has also been quoted as explaining his crimes by saying: "I wrecked trains because I like to see people die. I like to hear them scream." It was reported that he achieved orgasm while watching the trains he had sabotaged crash (a forensic examination of the trousers he had worn on the night of the fatal crash discovered evidence of semen stains).[3]
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/13/2020 1:01:12 PM EDT
[#28]
I found out today that Albert Fish is buried in the same cemetery as my one set of grandparents.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 1:05:28 PM EDT
[#29]
Andrei Romanovich Chikatilo
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 1:07:47 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Not necessarily the most prolific (that honor goes to Harold Shipman, a British doctor who killed 218+ patients by injecting them with diamorphine).  Rather, the one you would least want to be in the same room with.

1.  John Wayne Gacy - Known to have murdered a minimum of 33 teenage boys and young men between 1972 and 1978, 26 of whom he buried in the crawl space of his Chicago home. Gacy was known as the "Killer Clown" due to the fact he often entertained children at social events dressed in a self devised clown costume.

2.  Dennis Rader - Known as BTK (Bind Torture Kill.) Murdered 10 people in Sedgwick County (in and around Wichita), Kansas, between 1974 and 1991.

3.  Fritz Harmann - Also known as the Butcher of Hanover and the Vampire of Hanover, because of his preferred method of killing by biting through his victim's throat, sometimes while sodomizing them. He would then dump the bodies in the nearby river Leine. Believed to have been responsible for the murder of 27 boys and young men

4.  Luis Garavito - Child-murderer, torture-killer, and rapist known as "La Bestia" ("The Beast"). Confessed to killing 140 boys between eight and 16 years old over a seven-year period in Colombia and neighboring countries. He is suspected of murdering over 300 victims, mostly street children.

5.  Jeffrey Dahmer - Ate some of his 16 (possibly 17) victims and kept their body parts in his freezer.

6.  Daniel Camargo Barbosa - Child and woman murderer, believed to have possibly raped and killed over 150 victims, primarily targeting female children as they were more likely to be virgins. Confessed to killing 72 victims. He strangled young girls in Colombia and was arrested, but he escaped from prison and he started killing in Ecuador; rearrested in 1986,

Dishonorable mentions:

Edmund Kemper - American serial killer and necrophile who murdered ten people, including his paternal grandparents and mother, whose decapitated head he had sex with. (10 victims)
Clementine Barnabet - 17 year-old Louisiana axe murdering voodoo priestess (35 victims)
Mikhail Popov - Russian serial rapist-killer nicknamed "The Werewolf" (78 victims)
Alexander Pichuskin - Stated his goal was to be Russia's most prolific serial killer. (48 victims)

My vote, based entirely on his portrayal in the series 'Mindhunter' is Ed Kemper.  Hell, I wouldn't even want to be in the same room with the actor who portrayed him so brilliantly.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/2c/Kempermugshot.jpg
View Quote

BTK (Dennis Rader) because I lived here in Wichita during his rampage and watched when he got caught when he started communicating again.     I remember the horror here when he was active.

Link Posted: 7/13/2020 1:09:02 PM EDT
[#31]
Gein still wigs me out the most.

fuckin wearing peoples skin.

Link Posted: 7/13/2020 1:10:47 PM EDT
[#32]
I lived in the Chicago area when Gacy was caught.   It was weird.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 1:17:58 PM EDT
[#33]
Gein was the inspiration for the movies Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Physco, and Silence of the Lambs.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 1:24:48 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I've always wondered that happened to the two cops that gave the one kid BACK to Dahmer, after he escaped.

Did they lose their jobs?  Anyone know?
View Quote
They were fired, then reinstated.  I shit you not, one was given officer of the year and the other was elected president of the police association.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 1:31:43 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Gein still wigs me out the most.

fuckin wearing peoples skin.

https://d2r8r0qhs4bt8m.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/18160419/desktop-1423754964.jpg
View Quote

My grandpa guarded Gein in prison. Said he was a nice, if odd man who really, really, REALLY needed the structure that prison provided him.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 1:41:11 PM EDT
[#36]
Kenneth McDuff.  Mainly because we HAD the bastard on death row for BEING A serial killer  and liberal shitheads let him out on parole.

He was unusual in that he did not do the usual serial killer cycle. (ramp up/kill/cool down). He killed within days of being released and then killed any woman he came across that took his fancy. Some within hours of each other. We will never know the real number of his victims.   If you look at the Texas missing and unidentified page a lot of the  Texas missing women or found bodies are more than likely his victims.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 1:41:43 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
They were fired, then reinstated.  I shit you not, one was given officer of the year and the other was elected president of the police association.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've always wondered that happened to the two cops that gave the one kid BACK to Dahmer, after he escaped.

Did they lose their jobs?  Anyone know?

Dahmer wasn’t the only one lacking a conscience.

Holy shit.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 1:42:39 PM EDT
[#38]
Margaret Sanger

Link Posted: 7/13/2020 1:43:33 PM EDT
[#39]
I get the most freaked out by those who had accomplices.  I can understand how lone psycho killers are a thing, but how the hell do you get a small group who are all somehow ok with it?  Sick bastards.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 1:43:38 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
No Bundy?
View Quote

I always thought he'd make a fine dinner party guest - if you didn't know what he'd done.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 1:43:54 PM EDT
[#41]
None of the above. Andrei Chikatilo gets my vote.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 1:44:03 PM EDT
[#42]
Gacy was the most disturbing to me. Creepy mother fucker.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 1:45:00 PM EDT
[#43]
The Night Stalker Richard Ramirez since i was living in Southern California at the time.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 1:46:02 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Yup. Some of these guys were mental, or acting-out due to childhood trauma. But the Nightstalker was just fucking pure evil. Not that EVERY one of the people mentioned here aren't evil. But Ramirez bathed in evil.

I always have trouble not including Vlad Tepes, Elizabeth Bathory, and others of histor in these discussions. National hero and protector of Romania or not... the dude impaled thousands of women and children. And there's NO way Bathory doesn't qualify as a serial killer.
View Quote

Absolutely.  I should have included her, for sure.  She was as evil as they come.

I give Vlad a pass.  He was just killing prisoners of war to make a point.  
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 1:46:26 PM EDT
[#45]
Hillary Clinton
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 1:47:43 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
How is Robert Pickton not on your list?
View Quote

Only six spaces in the poll.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 1:50:58 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Leonard Lake & Charles Ng are pretty horrific, as far as what they did to their victims.

I saw a very brief clip of one of their torture/kill videos, purportedly at least, posted on a site some years ago. I'm not squeamish about that stuff at all, but I had to shut it off.

Horrific.
View Quote

Oh yeah...truly a couple of sick creatures.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 1:54:51 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I mean it would take a psychopath to put relish on anything
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/13/2020 2:05:21 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 2:13:49 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Devil in the White City is a really good book.
View Quote
It is, and most of the author's (Erik Larson)other stuff is excellent.  I hate that he's an antigun asshat though and try to only buy his books used.  It has been 25 years since he wrote about gun control, so it maybe fair to give him some slack.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top