Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/15/2021 2:36:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Why do we set up factories in Thailand, Mexico, India,  China, Malaysia, Tibet, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, etc….   But nothing in Africa.

I cannot think of a single thing I own that says made in Africa.  

Surely there is something that can be made there.  

View Quote

It's my understanding that a consortium is submitting bids to build our next attack helicopter.

Attachment Attached File

The placement of the rocket pod near the tail rotor could be problematical, but I'm sure that can be worked out.
Link Posted: 7/15/2021 2:42:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Africa is still governed with a tribal mindset, whatever benefits my tribe at the moment takes precedence over everything else.
If you can get 20 dollars for selling a piece of equipment, why spend money to fix it?
Link Posted: 7/15/2021 2:43:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Low IQ. Africans have no Neanderthal DNA.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/170028/DB9FC65B-AAE6-4298-B274-EC844B32AF19_jpe-2014504.JPG

There is a reason why no matter how good willed you are in trying to transform Africa. It always turns to shit.

Low IQ people cannot see the value in building a society. It’s too localized.

When you try to rise up, others will pull you down.

For Asians, Whites, you rise up, others will try to out do you thus bettering society.

Productive people are rewarded with more comfortable lives. Less productive people work for them.

This cannot be so in Africa. Any time somebody is successful/smart, there is jealously and that smart/successful person is ridiculed/beaten.

This is not from colonization, colonization utilized resources beneath Africans feet.

It’s the only reason why Africa is relevant today.

Like a person in the US, if you won a $10,000 scratcher.

A smart person will invest it and make it grow to $100,000.

A dumb person would buy a quad, trailer and snacks.

Also why you cannot run a company there.

A smart person sees a container manufacture facility. They make containers for shipping and making shipping cheaper.

Provides jobs, $$$ in local economy, younger generation wants to work there so they build intelligence to make that facility even more productive and competitive.

A low IQ person does not know how it all works, it’s literally magic to them.

So when there is a crisis, they know that they can scrap the facility to make $$$ and better their lives.

They don’t have the cognitive ability to preserve the facility as it benefits everybody.

That’s why they scrap farms, machinery etc...they don’t have the processing power to utilize it.
View Quote

China has the highest IQ of any country on that map

Do you really think that's accurate?
Link Posted: 7/15/2021 2:44:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Why does this look like how the Brits colonized created India?
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/15/2021 2:44:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Chinese beat us to it.  Plus, they have the will to dominate we lack.
View Quote

Homogeneous population not bound by non-Judeo-Christian ethics will do that for you.

TC

ETA: TL;DR. But, it’s a whole lot easier to launder aid money than investment money. People expect to see a factory when you say you’re spending $20 million to build a factory and infrastructure.

People don’t look where aid money ends up...you know, like the foreign bank accounts of US and African politicians.
Link Posted: 7/15/2021 2:46:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I thought VWAG still had a factory there too.

I have a number of clients who are small manufacturers in the US.  If you want someone who will show up everyday, you really need to start at $20 per hour, $40k per annum.  That's just the wage.  You'll have payroll and other assorted nonsense that adds another $20k to that cost.  If your manufacturing is any more modern than making whiskey barrels, you are going to have a book of MSDS sheets you need to keep current.  If more than a couple of people get hurt at work, even if they are the ones who caused the accident, your Worker's Comp insurance will become unaffordable.  If that person you started at $20 per hour has any initiative, he will leave for another line of work.  

When COVID hit, older laborers were happy to come back to work after a couple of weeks even though they were collecting amazing unemployment benefits.  People under 30 were much harder to get back to work.

We have decided socially and politically that we don't want manufacturing and we show it in our laws.  That's bad news if you've an IQ of 85 and would like to work.

We also have odd ideas of a respectable living.  That kid making $20 an hour can have a small house and a car and so much food that he could afford to eat himself into an early grave.  But his wife has to have a car even if she doesn't work.  They need a TV as big as their front door.  They both need an iPhone and a plan.  And a pool.  The lad makes a respectable living, but we tell him he's a failure because he isn't buried in junk.
View Quote

They don't sling the $20/hr shit in my AO.  Shit $15 is a big deal to start out at here.  Besides most of the points you made are just more examples of our own .gov working against a it's own people.

I bet it's impossible to start a new business and operate 100% withing the law.  EPA, MSHA, OSHA and on and on and on.
Link Posted: 7/15/2021 2:50:17 PM EDT
[#7]
I have several Cold Steel machetes made in SA…
Link Posted: 7/15/2021 2:51:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Why do we set up factories in Thailand, Mexico, India,  China, Malaysia, Tibet, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, etc….   But nothing in Africa.

View Quote

You act like it's never been tried.
Link Posted: 7/15/2021 2:52:00 PM EDT
[#9]
lol
Link Posted: 7/15/2021 2:52:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/15/2021 3:12:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

They don't sling the $20/hr shit in my AO.  Shit $15 is a big deal to start out at here.  Besides most of the points you made are just more examples of our own .gov working against a it's own people.

View Quote

While true, burdens on manufacturing get political support because the activity isn't valued.  You can only make widgets here if you let a union set wages, pay high payroll, and insurance premiums, fund your employees retirement, pull a dozen permits and licenses, pay unemployment if you need to let anyone go, look forward to EEOC claims if someone between 40 and 65, a woman or a racial minority has a problem, pay the bank for the loan you needed to buy the widget making tooling, then if you make any money, you get to figure out how much income tax you'll owe to the city, county, state and federal government, the same people who got in your way all along -- that's not a system that sees making things as a valued activity.

We see manufacturing as an exploitation to be tolerated only if an owner will carry as many burdens as we can pile on at any given moment, and we see people who work in manufacturing as suckers and failures.  It isn't a healthy culture.
Link Posted: 7/15/2021 3:18:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Africa is full of valuable resources. Those resources are mostly located in the ground. Why would their leadership want to take the time, effort, (and risk) to educate and industrialize their populace when they can make plenty of money by simply mining resources with poor, ignorant peasants?
Link Posted: 7/15/2021 3:25:13 PM EDT
[#13]
I had a friend who went to Africa with a knockoff version of the peace corps. Over dinner, found out there was a huge storm, power went out, never came back, hotel looted, she was drinking pool water to survive, was assaulted, pretty sure she was raped, finally got out a phone call to daddy, got airlifted out back in the early 90’s. It ruined her life, honestly. Whatever good she did over there was a net negative.
So, fuck Africa.
Link Posted: 7/15/2021 3:29:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Imagine if the US did open factories there, in 2020 BLM would have a field day with bilking the corporations who set up shop there. They would probably cling to some sort of mantra like " Slavery ended in the US, but the US continues to enslave black people in Africa in the name of greed and enriching white factory owners even more".
Link Posted: 7/15/2021 3:44:08 PM EDT
[#15]
They can’t even grow crops and master animal husbandry and you want them to build and work factories? Holy fuck!
Link Posted: 7/15/2021 3:53:51 PM EDT
[#16]
I talked too a guy that was a higher up in a manufacturing business [I forget which one it's been 10 yrs at least], and he said Haiti would be ideal on our side of the Atlantic because it's so close, the people are so poor, most don't work...but the problem is the Haitians themselves he said, they would end up burning the factories down. I imagine the viewpoint is the same with most African nations other wise there would be factories being built there to make us shit cheaper than even what the Chinese are making them for.
Link Posted: 7/15/2021 4:03:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

Industrialization and business investments have worked so well in Chicago, Philadelphia, Seattle, Portland, etc. why wouldn't we want to help them?
Link Posted: 7/15/2021 4:04:50 PM EDT
[#18]
not locked yet?
Link Posted: 7/15/2021 4:10:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I had a friend who went to Africa with a knockoff version of the peace corps. Over dinner, found out there was a huge storm, power went out, never came back, hotel looted, she was drinking pool water to survive, was assaulted, pretty sure she was raped, finally got out a phone call to daddy, got airlifted out back in the early 90’s. It ruined her life, honestly. Whatever good she did over there was a net negative.
So, fuck Africa.
View Quote

Had to read that twice to be sure it wasn't Detroit.

Before the brits starting handing the keys to the communists, southern Africa was both racially diverse and more or less orderly.  There were ethnic chinese, but also lots of indians (dot not feather).  If I remember correctly Ghandi was from Africa.  Between the educated english and industrious chinese , indians and africans, there was a lot getting done.  Boers were also a social problem of their own type when they got into cities, but they seem to have rebounded.  I'd say something like a majority of black africans in southern Africa were not aligned with the communists, but were supportive of a path to a stable and richer future.  Bishop Muzorewa was probably a viable leader, but Lord Carrington seemed intent on handing control over to the most vicious factions.

Now it's just another area people leave if they have better options.  It's Cuba but bigger.
Link Posted: 7/15/2021 4:21:11 PM EDT
[#20]
The same reason we don't want invest in the ghettos in the USA anymore. It's not worth the risk due to the demographics.
Link Posted: 7/15/2021 4:23:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I'm wearing a shirt made in Africa. It's made in kenya.
View Quote

Cherokee scrubs?  My scrub pants are made in Kenya.
Link Posted: 7/15/2021 4:23:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Low IQ. Africans have no Neanderthal DNA.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/170028/DB9FC65B-AAE6-4298-B274-EC844B32AF19_jpe-2014504.JPG

There is a reason why no matter how good willed you are in trying to transform Africa. It always turns to shit.

Low IQ people cannot see the value in building a society. It's too localized.

When you try to rise up, others will pull you down.

For Asians, Whites, you rise up, others will try to out do you thus bettering society.

Productive people are rewarded with more comfortable lives. Less productive people work for them.

This cannot be so in Africa. Any time somebody is successful/smart, there is jealously and that smart/successful person is ridiculed/beaten.

This is not from colonization, colonization utilized resources beneath Africans feet.

It's the only reason why Africa is relevant today.

Like a person in the US, if you won a $10,000 scratcher.

A smart person will invest it and make it grow to $100,000.

A dumb person would buy a quad, trailer and snacks.

Also why you cannot run a company there.

A smart person sees a container manufacture facility. They make containers for shipping and making shipping cheaper.

Provides jobs, $$$ in local economy, younger generation wants to work there so they build intelligence to make that facility even more productive and competitive.

A low IQ person does not know how it all works, it's literally magic to them.

So when there is a crisis, they know that they can scrap the facility to make $$$ and better their lives.

They don't have the cognitive ability to preserve the facility as it benefits everybody.

That's why they scrap farms, machinery etc...they don't have the processing power to utilize it.

Yes. Look at the IQ of Haiti. It falls right in alignment with Africa.
Link Posted: 7/15/2021 4:26:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
We have hundreds of thousands of people illegally crossing our southern border on this subject the dimocrats aren’t interested in getting to the root cause.

I would rather see us work to get rid of corruption and industrialize Central America than Africa.
View Quote

You’re too smart for this conversation .... anyhow I’m not surprised at the “quality” posts of this thread
Link Posted: 7/15/2021 4:34:59 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Christianity is exploding in Africa.  Really cool to see.
View Quote

I’d be wary about some of that.  The prosperity gospel  name it and claim it is big there.  Barely little more than witchcraft.
Link Posted: 7/15/2021 4:38:10 PM EDT
[#25]
go to africa, set up some factories and hire some locals and let us know how that works out
Link Posted: 7/15/2021 4:47:42 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Christianity is exploding in Africa.
View Quote

Yes the Muslims there are exploding the Christians regularly
Link Posted: 7/15/2021 4:54:43 PM EDT
[#27]
It has been said enough times - because giving them stuff does not work.  They have a very long history of burning shit because of stupid reasons.  Oh, the school is teaching white people's math - burn it.  The post office is delivering more mail to white people, burn it.  White people built this - burn it.
Link Posted: 7/15/2021 5:03:06 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 7/15/2021 5:10:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Europeans probably see all the urban unrest here and think the US is a violent chaotic shit hole. But there's no rioting, or really any serious crime where I live. You and I know "I'm not opening a Target in Detroit" but the suburban Targets I go to are  safe and profitable.

Obviously South Africa is a bigger mess than Detroit but anything in Africa, but the whole continent gets written off as "those low iq not wheel inventing dummies!"

Course you couldn't pay me enough to move there and run a widget factory

There was a thread on the Esee forum
about an American guy whose wife went to Africa every summer as part of some research project. He went one time and wrote it up. It was some rural area and they were just so impoverished it was amazing. It was like stories of early Appalachia. He said his generic Esee knife was so
much better than the local knives made out of car springs or whatever that it would get used by multiple work parties throughout the day. I think they walked to another village that had a foot powered wheel sharpening stone
View Quote

Who cares what the Europeans think? The U.S. went to the moon 52 years ago and where have the Europeans been, to the Congo.
Link Posted: 7/15/2021 5:15:32 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Europeans probably see all the urban unrest here and think the US is a violent chaotic shit hole. But there's no rioting, or really any serious crime where I live. You and I know "I'm not opening a Target in Detroit" but the suburban Targets I go to are  safe and profitable.

Obviously South Africa is a bigger mess than Detroit but anything in Africa, but the whole continent gets written off as "those low iq not wheel inventing dummies!"

Course you couldn't pay me enough to move there and run a widget factory

There was a thread on the Esee forum
about an American guy whose wife went to Africa every summer as part of some research project. He went one time and wrote it up. It was some rural area and they were just so impoverished it was amazing. It was like stories of early Appalachia. He said his generic Esee knife was so
much better than the local knives made out of car springs or whatever that it would get used by multiple work parties throughout the day. I think they walked to another village that had a foot powered wheel sharpening stone
View Quote

I've been all over Sub Saharan Africa.  The difference is:

.1% of the US land mass resembles the shithole image

.00001% of the SSA land mass is safe and prosperous.  Really the only places I can think of are enclaves in capetown and small communes in SA.
Link Posted: 7/15/2021 6:02:04 PM EDT
[#31]
WE DID THEY CALLED THE EUROPEANS COLONIZERS!!!!!THE 1950-1970s EUROPE PULLED OUT OF AFRICA AND NOW IT LOOKS LIKE DETROIT WITH ETHNIC CLEANSING......GOD LEFT AFRICA.....SO YOU WANT WHITE PEOPLE TO TELL BLACKS WHAT TO DO....LOL
Link Posted: 7/15/2021 9:04:49 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
WE DID THEY CALLED THE EUROPEANS COLONIZERS!!!!!THE 1950-1970s EUROPE PULLED OUT OF AFRICA AND NOW IT LOOKS LIKE DETROIT WITH ETHNIC CLEANSING......GOD LEFT AFRICA.....SO YOU WANT WHITE PEOPLE TO TELL BLACKS WHAT TO DO....LOL
View Quote

I read your post in the voice of your avatar.
Link Posted: 7/15/2021 11:07:17 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

No that would be terrible too.

He simply wants Africa to succeed, and any reason it does not succeed is white people's fault. That's all he wants, for white people to stop holding back Africa because only white people have any ability to make things worse. Also it's not racism to say POC can't do bad things.

/sarc
Link Posted: 7/15/2021 11:44:23 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 2:57:56 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
So, fuck Africa.
View Quote

AWA, Africa wins, Always.
Quoted:
The same reason we don't want invest in the ghettos in the USA anymore. It's not worth the risk due to the demographics.
View Quote

And how they vote, they sue this to themselves.

South African Gold is so beautiful.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 3:00:21 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Why don't we industrialize ourselves so people who don't have masters degrees can make a respectable living here?
View Quote

@StewartTR

That is just too much common sense to be allowed.
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top