Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 8
Posted: 5/28/2021 7:17:57 PM EDT
I do because I think a carry gun should be ready to fire upon drawing and pulling the trigger without having to dick with safeties or chambering a round. And at the same time, I just don't feel comfortable with how light the trigger on striker fired guns are. And it's not about keeping your finger on it, it's about getting it snagged on something that you didn't know was there. Especially since I like pocket carry (but in a pocket holster). You can argue all you want about police training, but when they went from revolvers to glocks, the incidents of nd's went up tremendously. You can argue that cops get stupider or aren't trained as well, but nd's with revolvers were pretty rare. And there's also the reliability issue when you are talking small guns. Most modern service sized and even compact semi autos are very reliable. But when you step down into the subcompact class, they can be a bit more finicky on how you hold them, what ammo you use etc. I hope 6 rounds will be enough, and I think it would because they say the average citizen involved self defense encounter has between 1 and 3 shots fired. It might be my funeral, but I like carrying my ruger lcr.
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 7:19:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Why not carry a revolver in 2021?
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 7:20:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Doesn’t drop casings…
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 7:20:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Beats having to take a beating.
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 7:21:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Same reason I don't drive a Model T, much better options.
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 7:21:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Meh, I carry a 1970 Colt Cobra....And I don't have to explain why to anyone.
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 7:22:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 7:23:38 PM EDT
[#7]
I need another revolver. Sigh.
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 7:24:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 7:26:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ah that long trigger puuuuul

Great self defense guns. You really gotta pull
View Quote

Nobody starts off shooting a double action revolver great, but with some practice you get a lot better at it like I have. Dry fire practice works very well so you know exactly when the trigger is gonna break if you have a decent quality revolver.
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 7:26:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 7:26:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Why not carry a revolver in 2021?
View Quote

First post and all
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 7:27:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 7:28:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Power. Revolvers can carry some serious self defense boolits
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 7:28:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Because they are badass and sweat testosterone. Only men were meant to handle these.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 7:30:16 PM EDT
[#15]
GP100, if you run out of ammo, just beat them to death with it
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 7:30:18 PM EDT
[#16]
I don’t own a revolver, but OP is right.

In most self defense shooting I’d wager sights are likely never seen and triggers jerked with the force of a thousand dying suns.

Yet the owner lives to get their gun taken away for evidence processing
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 7:31:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Police ND's did not "go up massively" with the transition from revolvers to striker fired semi-autos.

Reporting of police ND's went up. The revolver era was before the world got soft and started wigging out over everything and before police departments were terrified out of their gourd of the twin specters of liability and the media.

The precinct buildings at my old agency that were around pre-1990 were LITTERED with unexplained bullet holes, especially in the sally port/vehicle storage areas. Many of them were contributed to by being drunk as fuck at work.
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 7:31:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Honestly, whatever gun somebody is comfortable with is the one they should carry, automatic or wheel gun. Out if all my handguns, the one I feel conceals easiest and I'm most accurate with is my Rhino (3 inch barrel), so that's my day to day carry gun.
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 7:33:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Wall o' text.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 7:33:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Not understanding the "chamber a round" and messing with a safety thing.

S&W M&P, 1 in the pipe, no safety, 14 more just like it in the mag.
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 7:34:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Does every cylinder have a round in it?...
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 7:35:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I don’t own a revolver, but OP is right.

In most self defense shooting I’d wager sights are likely never seen and triggers jerked with the force of a thousand dying suns.

Yet the owner lives to get their gun taken away for evidence processing
View Quote

I've had a ccw permit for 12 years and i've never really felt comfortable carrying an auto unless it either had a manual safety or even worse, I didn't carry it with a loaded chamber. And after seeing how quick self defense situations happen and realizing you aren't gonna probably have time to mess with safeties or chambering a round, I wanted something that was ready to fire when I draw and pull the trigger immediately but I also could feel very comfortable carrying knowing that theres no way the gun is gonna discharge unless I intentionally pull the trigger and no safeties or anything else to deal with. I had many autos before it, but then I realized the revolver was what I was looking for all along.
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 7:35:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:  Doesn’t drop casings…
View Quote

And fires from inside a purse or coat pocket...

@03RN
@BigEasySnow
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 7:36:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Revolver for back-ups only
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 7:36:49 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Not understanding the "chamber a round" and messing with a safety thing.

S&W M&P, 1 in the pipe, no safety, 14 more just like it in the mag.
View Quote

You obviously kydex, not leather...
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 7:37:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Semi autos been around a long time. The majority of cops carrying a semi auto is a relatively recent thing, even in my lifetime wasn't unusual for most street cops to carry a .38 revolver.
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 7:37:52 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Of course. Besides some single action replicas, almost every revolver made in the last 100 years either has either a transfer bar or a firing pin block that will prevent it from being discharged if it is dropped or receives a blow to the hammer. And the only way the firing pin can touch the primer is if the trigger is pulled.
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 7:38:03 PM EDT
[#28]
any gun you are willing to carry is better than a gun you wont..

To each their own..
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 7:38:12 PM EDT
[#29]
I got a problem solver and it’s name is revolver
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 7:39:36 PM EDT
[#30]
I carry revolvers from time to time just cause. Even single actions.

OP's reasons are super gay.
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 7:40:50 PM EDT
[#31]
Revolvers are actually a great carry piece.  The only thing that bothers me is 6 shots.  Not like you can top off..

If my back is up against the wall. I'd carry a Model 19 with no reservations.
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 7:41:39 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Doesn’t drop casings…
View Quote

Came to post this
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 7:43:30 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Semi autos been around a long time. The majority of cops carrying a semi auto is a relatively recent thing, even in my lifetime wasn't unusual for most street cops to carry a .38 revolver.
View Quote

My very first issued USBP handgun was a S&W 686 CS-1. I was taught to reload it from loops. I could unload and load it fast. Sucked in Yuma when it was 105 at 10am at the range. That cylinder got hot as hell!
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 7:46:01 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Doesn’t drop casings…
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/28/2021 7:48:58 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

A revolver only has one cylinder so yes.
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 7:49:25 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 7:49:36 PM EDT
[#37]
Devil's Right Hand.

The Highwaymen - The Devil''s Right Hand (lyrics)
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 7:50:41 PM EDT
[#38]
Boomer

Gay

Outdated

Link Posted: 5/28/2021 7:51:08 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
GP100, if you run out of ammo, just beat them to death with it
View Quote

I've been looking at a GP100 in .44 special..........nice handling gun
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 7:53:12 PM EDT
[#40]
Been carrying a semi-auto handgun for over 30 years, most of the time a Glock.  And always have a chambered round.  Never got snagged on anything or had an ND through countless concealed draws.  But I don't pocket carry.  

If you're more comfortable with a wheelgun, go for it.
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 7:55:14 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Boomer...Yep

Gay.....Well Sport, you are the one with some penis shaped object in your avatar.

Outdated....Nope

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/28/2021 7:56:55 PM EDT
[#42]
Stolen from another site.

In general, rural areas are sparsely populated, have low housing density, and are far from urban centers. Urban areas make up only 3 percent of the entire land area of the country but are home to more than 80 percent of the population. Conversely, 97 percent of the country’s land mass is rural but only 19.3 percent of the population lives there.

Not all of us live in areas where BLM & Antifa roam the streets beating and killing people. Some of us are more likely to shoot a animal over a individual.

Also revolvers are just cool.

But I do carry a semi auto 95% of the time.
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 7:58:11 PM EDT
[#43]
I OC a BH damn near every weekend at home and running errands.
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 7:58:38 PM EDT
[#44]
"I do because I think a carry gun should be ready to fire upon drawing and pulling the trigger without having to dick with safeties or chambering a round."

Which applies to the majority of the semi-autos in use these days. I carry a revolver sometimes too, but neither of your arguments in favor holds water.

Dick with safeties? Chambering a round? LOL.
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 8:00:56 PM EDT
[#45]
OP, I think you really need to invest in training. I don’t mean to insult you or offend you in any way by saying this.
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 8:02:18 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 8:03:42 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Boomer

Gay

Outdated

View Quote

Is that an intergalactic fleshlight?
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 8:04:35 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Revolver for back-ups only
View Quote

"You see the .44.....you back up!"
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 8:05:17 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

No one recognizes it as a Falcon 9 upper stage with cargo dragon made out of LEGO

Link Posted: 5/28/2021 8:05:29 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I do because I think a carry gun should be ready to fire upon drawing and pulling the trigger without having to dick with safeties or chambering a round. And at the same time, I just don't feel comfortable with how light the trigger on striker fired guns are. And it's not about keeping your finger on it, it's about getting it snagged on something that you didn't know was there. Especially since I like pocket carry (but in a pocket holster). You can argue all you want about police training, but when they went from revolvers to glocks, the incidents of nd's went up tremendously. You can argue that cops get stupider or aren't trained as well, but nd's with revolvers were pretty rare. And there's also the reliability issue when you are talking small guns. Most modern service sized and even compact semi autos are very reliable. But when you step down into the subcompact class, they can be a bit more finicky on how you hold them, what ammo you use etc. I hope 6 rounds will be enough, and I think it would because they say the average citizen involved self defense encounter has between 1 and 3 shots fired. It might be my funeral, but I like carrying my ruger lcr.
View Quote

Congrats this wall o’insecurity made LittlePony straight for 87 seconds.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top