Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 7:13:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Lives in neighborhood where said poor people park in the yards. Bitches about poor people...

Me thinks you need to work on self awareness.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 7:17:28 PM EDT
[#2]
I am not poor sometimes I do, I also don't pour chemicals on my yard to make it perfect.

Link Posted: 12/30/2020 7:17:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Their large wives with swollen ankles can't walk very far.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 7:18:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Because my '60 T-Bird, '13 Mustang, and the wife's '17 Escape take up the whole driveway.  So my daily driver gets parked on the street/up to the sidewalk.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 7:21:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I only go to Indiana once or twice a year and I've seen it every time.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Must be a Kentucky thing? I've never seen it around here.

I only go to Indiana once or twice a year and I've seen it every time.

Yeah it's redneck universal. Not by state.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 7:22:52 PM EDT
[#6]
I’ve only seen that out in the sticks.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 7:26:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

On blocks?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Because the driveway is for the broken down cars on blocks...

On blocks?
Well yeah, the tires and wheels are on the boat (without a motor) trailer.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 7:29:01 PM EDT
[#8]
I see this and tell myself it has to be because they don't want to play musical cars when one needs to leave.

Easier to leave when you're not blocked in.

If not for this reason, then I have no idea.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 7:35:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Cinder blocks. Poor man's jack stands.  
View Quote

And a major step up from the 1960s standard of using wooden soft drink cases as jack stands.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 7:36:44 PM EDT
[#10]
I remember the first time I parked on the lawn at my college house. The next door neighbor Vic was an older man (homeowner) and he came over and said what gives. I told him well a winter storm is coming and I learned from my Dad to park on the lawn so the plow trucks can clear the street, but more importantly so your car does not get buried requiring that you dig it out. He said very interesting, I guess your parents get along. I was puzzled by that question and asked what he meant. He said my wife is a ball breaking bitch but it would be to costly to divorce her, so anytime I can spend away from her is good time, even if it means that I have to spend it shoveling my car out. I asked is that why you always read the paper in the car, he gave me a smile and winked.

RIP Vic
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 7:37:46 PM EDT
[#11]

Was expecting that
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 7:48:05 PM EDT
[#12]
My place is paid for.  I can park where ever I fucking please.  Currently my truck is hooked to my 20ft equipment trailer and it's parked in my front yard.  

Some of you guys need to worry about your god damn self and stop being karens.

Link Posted: 12/30/2020 7:53:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Like people that don’t use their garage. I will never understand that either.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 7:53:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
My place is paid for.  I can park where ever I fucking please.  Currently my truck is hooked to my 20ft equipment trailer and it's parked in my front yard.  

Some of you guys need to worry about your god damn self and stop being karens.

View Quote

Most the people crying about poors have mortgages they will never pay down.

My house was paid in full at the time of purchase. I too will do what i like with it.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 7:55:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Like people that don’t use their garage. I will never understand that either.
View Quote

My Garage is for my shop. The equipment inside is much more valuable than my car. God forbid people use their garages for something besides storing cars.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 7:56:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Having an extreme fuck it attitude.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 7:56:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 7:59:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Who are you to assume it's their yard? Maybe they like a grass, dirt, or dead grass parking area.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 7:59:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Rich idiots do it too.
View Quote

I’ve never seen this.

On coastal areas where the rich primarily live on the waterfront due to property prices and the poor live off the water.   No rich park in their yards like poorer rural sections.  

I agree with the observation as I see it as well.   Not sure why one would not use the driveway to park at an angle in the yard.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 8:02:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Rich idiots do it too.
View Quote

Some of 'em park in the living room

Link Posted: 12/30/2020 8:04:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I can confirm this in the poorer neighborhoods I've worked in, and occasionally occurs in middle class neighborhoods with what I can only assume are trashy people.  Right up on the grass. Sometimes next to the driveway, sometimes parallel to the road up on the sidewalk, or just planted in the middle of the yard.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/30/2020 8:42:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

On blocks?
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/30/2020 9:01:14 PM EDT
[#23]
Yessirree park it right next to the fridge.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 9:40:48 PM EDT
[#24]
I'm in a weird little town where rich folks retire and play golf.  There's a sheep farm 2 houses away.  My neighbor had a car up on blocks in the front yard...a red Jaguar XJS.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 10:01:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Most of the time, it looks trashy.   Probably depends on where one lives and what the circumstances are.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 10:08:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

My Garage is for my shop. The equipment inside is much more valuable than my car. God forbid people use their garages for something besides storing cars.
View Quote

Most people store shit in their garage. Like everything there are exceptions. Like you my shop holds stuff worth far more then my car, but my cars stay in the garage attached to the house.  Now show me on the doll where mean garage shop touched you.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 10:15:51 PM EDT
[#27]
I'm not poor! I park my Jeep TJ to the side, with a tiny mud hole under it so it feels comfortable. The big benefit is I don't have to deal with the TJ shitting out oil and diff fluid all over the driveway.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 10:15:58 PM EDT
[#28]
It's funny that people take pride in doing it ("my place, my rules", "my freedom", "it's my land and paid off"), yet get really offended by the question ("mind your own business").

Just answer the man's question.  Why in the world are you getting worked up about it?  

One doesn't have to care about people doing it to ask why they do it.  I'm sure some people like to beat the shit out of each other with 6 foot dildos.  I don't care that they do that (hey, free country and consenting adults).  But I would certainly like to know why they like doing that.

Of course, then you'd get the same defensive responses.  Can't we all just get along?  Geez
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 10:33:09 PM EDT
[#29]
I thought it was because there isn't so far to walk when bringing the case of Cokes to refill the Coke machine they have on the porch next to the couch. If you haven't seen this, then you haven't been to Oklahoma.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 10:35:42 PM EDT
[#30]
Did ya ever noticed nobody ever fucks with the guy with cars parked on the front lawn, up on blocks, or that maybe has an engine block or rear end sitting in the front yard. Don't give 2 shits about property value,  and keeps all the blue state soi boi s from moving into the neighborhood.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 10:41:33 PM EDT
[#31]
I do not care for what the indentured servants and non land owners do.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 10:43:49 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Did ya ever noticed nobody ever fucks with the guy with cars parked on the front lawn, up on blocks, or that maybe has an engine block or rear end sitting in the front yard. Don't give 2 shits about property value,  and keeps all the blue state soi boi s from moving into the neighborhood.
View Quote

Exactly.

Keeps property taxes down too. That's where welfare money and enforcing shit like the safeact comes from...
But by all means... let the fools pay the crown willingly confusing property value assigned to them by the tax man, for equity.
Just shows who's got too big of a mortgage they bit off and can't chew.

Link Posted: 12/30/2020 10:46:49 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I have always wondered the same.  Every time I have moved and was looking a new home, I automatically eliminated any neighborhood where anyone parked in their yard or on the street.  Best indicator for a shitty neighbor I have seen.
View Quote

Yep...
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 10:47:09 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 10:49:40 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 10:55:15 PM EDT
[#36]
I think the OP hit a nerve. There is much butt hurt here.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 10:56:27 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 11:01:00 PM EDT
[#38]
Because fatness.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 11:15:54 PM EDT
[#39]
It bugs me when people who live in the neighborhood habitually park cars on the street in front of their house instead of in the driveway or garage.  My neighbors across the street have never parked in the driveway or garage since I moved in here. There's an older (boxy body style) f350 up the street that's been parked in the same spot on the street so long moss has started growing on the asphalt under it.

Our main vehicle normally gets parked in the garage (unless there's a project or something going in there (our downstairs furniture is currently in there due to a flooring and paint project)or in the driveway. I used to park our pickup in the driveway and my work truck in the road in front of the house but then I started getting irritated with myself for parking on the street all the time so I tried parking it on the grass next to the driveway but it sinks into the ground when it's even a little wet, so I park our pickup on the grass and the work truck in the driveway.

Link Posted: 12/30/2020 11:17:19 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I was just thinking I'd like to be able to park on my lawn.

Thinking this is the way to go.

https://cdn3.volusion.com/bcsfd.gnydc/v/vspfiles/photos/EZ4X24-2.jpg?v-cache=1505389543
View Quote

What is this sorcery?
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 11:18:45 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I do not care for what the indentured servants and non land owners do.
View Quote

Says 87% of GD who have home mortgages they will never pay down.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 11:22:05 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 11:28:49 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Are you married?

I have a suspicion,  but could be wrong......

Its just a matter of time before I have to buy a second house just for all the crap we can't fit in this one.
View Quote

Getting divorced. My new house had its garage finished and walled off by previous owner and is going to be my shop. I would rather have it be a garage though.  Guess I have garage envy.  Might tear down the outer wall and make it back into a garage eventually.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 11:36:58 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I'm not talking about parking a truck in the front yard for 15 minutes to unload a piece of furniture or even the long term anchoring of non-running vehicles on the lawn. I'm referring to the parking of daily drivers in the front yard, often even when there is ample parking space in the driveway.

I've noticed that this phenomenon seems to transcend racial and geographic (although it seems to be highly prevalent in Texas) boundaries but the one thing they have in common is socioeconomic status.

On the other hand, I never see people of higher means park in their yards. Even the successful first generation immigrants do not do this.

View Quote

You misspelled uncouth assholes
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 11:59:47 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 12:04:09 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Must be a Kentucky thing? I've never seen it around here.
View Quote

Guilty.
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 12:07:36 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Are you aware that there are people in this world that have a severe medical condition which causes them to be that way? My mother for instance is one of those people. She is a truck driver that has bad knees and a bad back from driving the truck but you probably do not care about that case either. Oh well I am not one of those people I am 6'4" 245lbs and I exercise every day. I would love to see you say something like to my mother in front of me. Probably never happen though you are probably just an internet tough guy. I doubt very seriously you would say that to someones face. Just my thought.What do you think. Oh I am sorry you probably do not have a brain. I on the other hand will be happy to buy you a plane ticket to come here and see if you have the nerve to say that to someone I know.
View Quote

I sexually Identify as an Attack Helicopter. Ever since I was a boy I dreamed of soaring over the oilfields dropping hot sticky loads on disgusting foreigners. People say to me that a person being a helicopter is Impossible and I’m fucking retarded but I don’t care, I’m beautiful. I’m having a plastic surgeon install rotary blades, 30 mm cannons and AMG-114 Hellfire missiles on my body. From now on I want you guys to call me “Apache” and respect my right to kill from above and kill needlessly. If you can’t accept me you’re a heliphobe and need to check your vehicle privilege. Thank you for being so understanding.
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 12:08:30 AM EDT
[#48]
I’ve got 2 trucks, a car, and a tractor in my yard right now.
A water heater box and a Christmas tree in the burn pile.
Drive way and car porch is 100% vacant
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 12:12:32 AM EDT
[#49]
Yessss, how uncouth

Link Posted: 12/31/2020 12:14:12 AM EDT
[#50]
I have a two car garage that barely allows my Toyota Tacoma to fit. My truck lives in the garage.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top