Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/4/2023 10:30:46 PM EDT
Spring to late summer it's mo betta than M81woodland or Multicam.
More companies need to bring back MC Tropic, or start offering it.
Right now the only halfway decent company offering a plate carrier in MC Tropic is Defense Mechanisms.

/rant

Link Posted: 8/4/2023 10:34:02 PM EDT
[#1]
we'll love it the next time we invade Grenada.
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 10:37:51 PM EDT
[#2]
That would work here in Florida
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 10:44:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Attachment Attached File

I love MC Tropic. Wish it was more popular. I mix it with M81 and RBS
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 10:49:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Predator camo is best jungle camo
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 10:49:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Tiger stripe
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 10:53:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Top 2 pics are from my AO in west central Wisconsin taken by me.
The other 2 are screenshots from a youtube video.

Regular Multicam would stick out like fucking ACUs in that stuff.

M81 with chonky blacks and browns is a lil better... But by god the woods are stupid green, and dark when you get in there
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 10:53:48 PM EDT
[#7]
its my 2nd favorite after flektarn but its hard to find and comparatively exspensive
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 10:59:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Much of the southeast as well
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 11:00:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 11:01:52 PM EDT
[#10]
It’s my favorite MC version…

It fades very nicely fwiw.
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 11:04:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 11:07:41 PM EDT
[#12]
My work bag is MC Tropic

Link Posted: 8/4/2023 11:09:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Try using actual field craft and going into the shadows instead of being in the open.
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 11:12:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
its my 2nd favorite after flektarn but its hard to find and comparatively exspensive
View Quote

I'll admit... I don't even own any MC Tropic (although I did just order a safariland 6304RDS holster in MCT)

Everything I currently have is just regular MC, as it performs decent in multiple AOs (woods, fields, arid, and urban)

But lately I've been paying more attention to my enviromental surroundings for camo, since I'm sitting comfortably in the weapons category and I'm starting to become more of a *gasp* "Gear Queer"
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 11:17:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Agreed.  I don't think people in the west understand how green it is in the middle and the east parts of the country.  Here in Pa Woodland has always been the best.  We have super dense and dark areas and some more open big timber areas with lots of shadows.  Multicam Tropic is basically a tighter version of Woodland with a little more green.
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 11:21:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Esstac knows de whey…

Edgar Sherman for slings

Link Posted: 8/4/2023 11:23:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Okay I guess
That shit doesn’t exist around here
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 11:23:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Multicam tropic and multicam black are highly under rated.

Tropic is great in many areas that are heavily wooded with underbrush.

Esstac does make some stuff in Multicam Tropic.

I’ll see if I can get Stu to crank out a Daeodon in MC Tropic.
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 11:25:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Or, maybe I'll just dig out my 50+ year old ERDL.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 11:27:58 PM EDT
[#20]
I know I know... CivDiv

With MC tropic... They'd be fucking ghosts in these woods.
This is a direct action "assault"... So meh

But ya'll get the idea

Assault Begins | Counter-Offensive Combat GoPro | Part 2
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 11:28:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Try using actual field craft and going into the shadows instead of being in the open.
View Quote

Back when i still hunted, you could tell who the actual deer slayers were. Usually the guys wearing mismatched cammo from the thrift store. That or the one with the red flannel shirt and surplus woodland britches.
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 11:30:39 PM EDT
[#22]
I live in the desert so jungle camo is pretty useless here.
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 11:34:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 11:37:05 PM EDT
[#24]
All-green camo is dumb. If there is that much foliage, then you can walk up and touch someone no matter what you're wearing. If there isn't that much foliage, it stands out like a sore thumb. Browns blend in pretty much anywhere.
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 11:37:14 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Agreed.  I don't think people in the west understand how green it is in the middle and the east parts of the country.  Here in Pa Woodland has always been the best.  We have super dense and dark areas and some more open big timber areas with lots of shadows.  Multicam Tropic is basically a tighter version of Woodland with a little more green.
View Quote

People see "Tropic" in the name, and immediately dismiss it as something for the jungles of 'nam or the Amazon lol.
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 11:38:30 PM EDT
[#26]
MCT works way better than MC under IR as well.  MC is cool but ok at most and not outstanding in anything.  At least not where I travel
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 11:49:01 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Back when i still hunted, you could tell who the actual deer slayers were. Usually the guys wearing mismatched cammo from the thrift store. That or the one with the red flannel shirt and surplus woodland britches.
View Quote

Thats me in bold  For the past 17 years I think the longest it has taken me to shoot a deer is 30 minutes.  I wear tennis shoes, blue jeans and whatever flannel shirt I happen to grab.  Drives one of my idiot brothers nuts.  He thinks you need camo from head to toe, don't use deodorant for several days, spray all your clothes with scents, plus all kinds of other voodoo shit.
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 11:50:59 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
All-green camo is dumb. If there is that much foliage, then you can walk up and touch someone no matter what you're wearing. If there isn't that much foliage, it stands out like a sore thumb. Browns blend in pretty much anywhere.
View Quote

Maneuver through deep green woods, through a cow pasture... Yep, gonna have to go with MC Tropic over "browns", unless you're trying to blend in with the cows. ???????
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 1:14:12 AM EDT
[#29]
I dig it, would like to grab a set at some point this year. My area looks almost like jungle now in the summers especially when we get heavy spring and early summer rains, invasive species, poorly managed land, crazy vines, under growth etc. Area's that were regular east coast forest 20 years ago are dense now, in some spots around here you really need a machete... brush hog, to move around in the woods. Regular MC still works great in the brighter area's.

M81 is too dark for summer here, I kinda like CCE more than M81 anyway, love Flecktarn but its also too dark/wrong pattern for the area even in winter for me. I'm trying to decide between Finnish M05 woodland and MC Tropic for a summer top, usually mix and match patterns.
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 1:24:49 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Top 2 pics are from my AO in west central Wisconsin taken by me.
The other 2 are screenshots from a youtube video.

Regular Multicam would stick out like fucking ACUs in that stuff.

M81 with chonky blacks and browns is a lil better... But by god the woods are stupid green, and dark when you get in there
View Quote

Ain’t that the truth. South central here and it’s unbelievable how green everything got the last month once we finally got rain. Literal tropical green in cornfield Wisconsin. I’ve long looked at MC Tropic and went “that would actually work pretty good out here.” My salty woodlands would probably be worse.
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 1:25:10 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I dig it, would like to grab a set at some point this year. My area looks almost like jungle now in the summers especially when we get heavy spring and early summer rains, invasive species, poorly managed land, crazy vines, under growth etc. Area's that were regular east coast forest 20 years ago are dense now, in some spots around here you really need a machete... brush hog, to move around in the woods. Regular MC still works great in the brighter area's.

M81 is too dark for summer here, I kinda like CCE more than M81 anyway, love Flecktarn but its also too dark/wrong pattern for the area even in winter for me. I'm trying to decide between Finnish M05 woodland and MC Tropic for a summer top, usually mix and match patterns.
View Quote

Where is "here"?
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 1:29:53 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Where is "here"?
View Quote

Central-ish PA
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 1:33:47 AM EDT
[#33]
Because I live on the Planet Arrakiss.

Never one drop of rain in Maricopa County…
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 1:42:39 AM EDT
[#34]
OP's pic looks like a good match for CADPAT.
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 2:00:15 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

Or Pencott Greenzone or Wildwood.
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 2:05:29 AM EDT
[#36]
It’s the best camo in my AO and it makes me angry that it’s not more available. I have a Multicam Tropic gunbelt with fancy matching pouches but that’s it. If I wanted decent matching garments I’d have to shuck out Crye Precision or UF Pro money, and that seems excessive.
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 2:12:28 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I'll admit... I don't even own any MC Tropic (although I did just order a safariland 6304RDS holster in MCT)

Everything I currently have is just regular MC, as it performs decent in multiple AOs (woods, fields, arid, and urban)

But lately I've been paying more attention to my enviromental surroundings for camo, since I'm sitting comfortably in the weapons category and I'm starting to become more of a *gasp* "Gear Queer"
View Quote

The safariland MC tropic holsters are the best looking pattern they use. Look awesome.
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 2:14:19 AM EDT
[#38]
I like MC Tropic. Probably my favorite one.
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 2:39:14 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Or, maybe I'll just dig out my 50+ year old ERDL.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/6163/ERDL_jpg-2908710.JPG
View Quote

Nice.

Link Posted: 8/5/2023 2:44:51 AM EDT
[#40]
A lot of the Hyperstealth camo patterns were awesome.

Too bad their CEO/"Chief Innovator" was insane.
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 4:45:10 AM EDT
[#41]
I had a MCT GoRuck pack stolen from a container in the back of my truck. I should not have left it back there...but things happen. I like MCB as well.
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 4:55:47 AM EDT
[#42]
1- Because multicam was marketed as Universal and making a tropical and arid variations of a Universal camouflage Is a contradiction.
2- because spanish have been using the boscoso and arido pixelado camouflage that Is Just like multicam arid and tropic since 2009 and here in Europe you can get sets for 20/30€, bivys, poncho liners, everything

Tropic shirt, boscoso trousers i guess

I am joking, It Is cool but expensive to get a full set of uniform or Gear since of you browse around you mostly find traditional multicam that match military issued Gear.
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 6:30:46 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

Probably too hot
Given me rip stop poplin in Olive Drab
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 7:39:01 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Maneuver through deep green woods, through a cow pasture... Yep, gonna have to go with MC Tropic over "browns", unless you're trying to blend in with the cows. ???????
https://i.imgur.com/dqKds7x.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/dqKds7x.jpg

What I'm gathering from this is you don't know how to utilize micro terrain.
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 10:18:26 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

Well Canada is just north Wisconsin.

I also have a MCT hat and Goruck that I'll sometimes use.

Also the current Navy green uniform works well too
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 10:30:46 AM EDT
[#46]
It'll work great in Southeast Asia -- its tones parallel Vietnam green-dominant ERDL.

The Chinese have figured it out -- one uniform pattern in five different cammie colors for different climes.

Green jungle; green woodland; khaki desert; wilderness browns; grey urban:

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 8/5/2023 10:39:37 AM EDT
[#47]
I need some here in Florida.
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 10:42:58 AM EDT
[#48]
Multicam is great but the whole universal camo pattern is as dumb now as it was when ACU came out. Marpat got it right in this regard where there’s commonly issued desert marpat, woodland marpat, and snow marpat that is worn over the other patterns. It still retains a small logistical footprint while simultaneously being an 80% solution for every different environment on earth.

The other branches are still stuck in the “universal” camo idea that didn’t work great with ACU. Sure marpat has some issues but at least Marines don’t have to wear temperate camo in the desert.
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 11:02:40 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Multicam is great but the whole universal camo pattern is as dumb now as it was when ACU came out. Marpat got it right in this regard where there’s commonly issued desert marpat, woodland marpat, and snow marpat that is worn over the other patterns. It still retains a small logistical footprint while simultaneously being an 80% solution for every different environment on earth.

The other branches are still stuck in the “universal” camo idea that didn’t work great with ACU. Sure marpat has some issues but at least Marines don’t have to wear temperate camo in the desert.
View Quote

Navy has a desert and woodland camo. The desert is nearly identical to the USMC, and their woodlands are Uber bright, supposedly designed for tropic regions (ie, IndoPacom).  The USMC woodland is a bit dark for there and likely reflects the "cold war in Europe" mentality- which makes sense given when they were introduced.
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 11:06:32 AM EDT
[#50]
OD works. Look at these guys.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top