Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/26/2015 2:10:19 AM EDT
People freak out about it more then ARs and everyone wants more bans and restrictions on it. Why? I can't think of a more passive way to protect yourself then body armor. It's like midevil people only buying a shield and not a sword. It is designed to protect yourself and nothing more. Just like a seatbelt or airbag.
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 2:12:05 AM EDT
[#1]
The liberals love to see people harmed so they can roll in their blood and push their agenda.
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 2:12:33 AM EDT
[#2]
People misinterpret what they don't understand
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 2:13:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Lack of understanding and knowledge on the subject. The brainwashed scared sheep mentality etc.

They look at body armor as an offensive tool like they do a gun, instead of the defensive protection that it actually is.
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 2:13:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
People freak out about it more then ARs and everyone wants more bans and restrictions on it. Why? I can't think of a more passive way to protect yourself then body armor. It's like midevil people only buying a shield and not a sword. It is designed to protect yourself and nothing more. Just like a seatbelt or airbag.
View Quote

Because people are afraid your going to go shoot up some movie theater or start killing cops Also It's something that will help you in case SHTF WHEN Obama calls for marshal law
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 2:13:45 AM EDT
[#5]
I believe the media and your average Joe look at it as a device used in aggression and not defensive in nature.
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 2:15:16 AM EDT
[#6]
The media is run by idiots who'll report on shit they don't know about so they can get ratings
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 2:21:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I believe the media and your average Joe look at it as a device used in aggression and not defensive in nature.
View Quote

If used with a gun sure. But armor by it self is pure defensive.
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 2:22:51 AM EDT
[#8]
they create hysteria so people demand that the gov ban it
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 2:23:49 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

The liberals love to see people harmed so they can roll in their blood and push their agenda.
View Quote
As usual, FPNI.

Link Posted: 9/26/2015 2:25:11 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
they create hysteria so people demand that the gov ban it
View Quote

It's really silly. If I want to go out in town and throw my pate carrier on it should be fine. But everyone would freak out. It's not any different then someone walking though a mall with a bike helmet on. Your just being more safe.
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 2:36:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Somehow body armor has been painted as an offensive weapon; something someone has to protect themselves long enough to do damage.

Typical media bullshit, instead of a means to defend yourself with something as common as a plate of metal. Yet its perceived as something only people intending to do something offensive have.
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 2:41:01 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

The government likes its people shootable.
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 2:43:11 AM EDT
[#13]
Well, normal citizens shouldn't need that stuff... we aren't supposed to protect ourselves .... that's what police are for! If it gets into the wrong hands it might as well be a forcefield around the bad guy.... totally invincible to policemen who come to protect us.
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 2:44:01 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Well, normal citizens shouldn't need that stuff... we aren't supposed to protect ourselves .... that's what police are for! If it gets into the wrong hands it might as well be a forcefield around the bad guy.... totally invincible to policemen who come to protect us.
View Quote

Yep because our military members never get hurt.
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 2:44:31 AM EDT
[#15]
I think the fear was born from the famous North Hollywood Bank Robbery. It really fucked the minds of many, from the weapons used to the body armor.
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 2:46:47 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

I think the fear was born from the famous North Hollywood Bank Robbery. It really fucked the minds of many, from the weapons used to the body armor.
View Quote
This.

Fearless criminals, nearly unstoppable with highcapacity assault weapons.

Evil incarnate.
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 7:42:38 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
This.    

Evil incarnate.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This.    

Evil incarnate.

Yet, the same progressive-liberal deadbrains want to liberate the drugs that make people not feeling pain and thus being able to take several shots before put out of action.   Maybe because they are all drug addicts and drugs make them feel good.

Link Posted: 9/26/2015 7:47:57 AM EDT
[#18]
If you want body armor, you MUST want to do something bad.
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 7:50:15 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 7:55:11 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pretty much this. Basically a QME for domestic affairs. That's the real logic behind it.

Link Posted: 9/26/2015 7:58:19 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

Google the North Hollywood shootout and you will understand why people think body armor is evil int he hands of everyone but cops.
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 7:58:45 AM EDT
[#22]
The only reason people own body armor is to use it to commit criminal acts.  Everyone knows this.
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 7:59:31 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

Where are seeing this? I am not seeing anyone attacking the B.A.
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 8:03:59 AM EDT
[#24]
Because liberals (who hate guns) hate to see someone protect themselves against guns
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 8:09:31 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Lack of understanding and knowledge on the subject. The brainwashed scared sheep mentality etc.

They look at body armor as an offensive tool like they do a gun, instead of the defensive protection that it actually is.
View Quote

Sounds about right. They defiantly think in twisted logic Everyman is a terrorist to them
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 8:09:55 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This sums it up nicely. .. it takes away an advantage, just as an a.r. does... so armor is villified...
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 3:30:32 PM EDT
[#27]
What's with a lot of web venders wanted a ton of info sent to them before they alow the sale?
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 3:31:59 PM EDT
[#28]
Movies
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 3:32:43 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

Look at the screams of outrage here when Police have External Armor.....
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 3:46:22 PM EDT
[#30]
1997 LA
LE were almost helpless.
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 3:47:00 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
People misinterpret what they don't understand are fucking stupid.
View Quote

FIFY
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 3:48:17 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

+1.
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 3:51:08 PM EDT
[#33]
In medieval times, only the upper classes owned armor.
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 3:59:21 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Google the North Hollywood shootout and you will understand why people think body armor is evil int he hands of everyone but cops.
View Quote

you must also understand the hate for AKs too.
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 4:00:11 PM EDT
[#35]
Because they base their views on what they've seen in movies.
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 4:01:46 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ever try buying some from SKD
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 4:03:33 PM EDT
[#37]
Because it makes people armed with guided missile assault baby killers invincible!
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 4:07:16 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

Our government (and every other government around the world) has an agenda - fat, dumb, easily led defenseless subjects.  Obama isn't pushing gun control because it saves lives.  He could ban 5 gallon buckets or stairs and save more.  It's about control.  They're not monitoring everything we do because it prevents terrorism, and they're not taking away affordable technology that defeats LEO and military rifle rounds because of a bank robbery in Hollywood.  They're doing it because it gives them an advantage.  They'd outlaw NVGs and many other things in a blink of an eye if they could.  Unfortunately, people are stupid and watch (and believe) whatever is on that little box in their house, so government scripted news outlets prove incredibly effective.  You're looking at the effect and not understanding the cause.
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 4:07:21 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Because people are afraid your going to go shoot up some movie theater or start killing cops Also It's something that will help you in case SHTF WHEN Obama calls for marshal law
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who's this Marshal and why does someone want to call for his law?
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 4:10:21 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/26/2015 4:15:02 PM EDT
[#41]
Because it makes libtards feel all oogy in their special spot.  It illicits images of bloodthirsty Marines peeing on the innocent brown babies they napalmed while waving their SS and rebel flags over their brown corpses while covered in blood oil excavated by KBR.
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 4:18:22 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

You're doing it wrong if they know you're wearing body armor in the first place.
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 4:20:19 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I could live with Marshall Law.

Link Posted: 9/26/2015 4:21:17 PM EDT
[#44]
Anything can be made scary by people who fear personal responsibility and live in a dream world.
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 4:23:14 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 4:26:40 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

The only reason people own body armor is to use it to commit criminal acts.  Everyone knows this.
View Quote
This is kind of it, actually. They simply can't see why a law-abiding person would/could ever need it.

Link Posted: 9/26/2015 4:26:54 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Shipping address and credit card worked for me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What's with a lot of web venders wanted a ton of info sent to them before they alow the sale?

Shipping address and credit card worked for me.

Check out the shenanigans SKD wants folks to go through posted above
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 4:30:36 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

This is the reason I won't buy ANYTHING from SKD. They can go fuck themselves.

Link Posted: 9/26/2015 4:32:53 PM EDT
[#49]
Liberals man, liberals.

Any gun, weapon, or self defense measure in citizens hands is scary to them.  

No problem with the .gov having drones, tanks, nukes and all the above...That doesn't scare them at all.

That's why they are fucking mentally insane.
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 4:41:06 PM EDT
[#50]
I would venture to say that another group besides the typical "liberals" opposes the wide access of citizens to armor. Not going to mention the group specifically, some people around here would would get all butt hurt.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top