Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 4:42:54 PM EDT
[#1]
I used to have body armor in the trunk of my car.  For no reason other than I didn't want it taking up closet space, so leaving it out there was convenient.  My dad about had a fit when he found out.. he figured if police ever saw it they would drag my ass away thinking I was up to something
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 4:48:28 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I used to have body armor in the trunk of my car.  For no reason other than I didn't want it taking up closet space, so leaving it out there was convenient.  My dad about had a fit when he found out.. he figured if police ever saw it they would drag my ass away thinking I was up to something
View Quote
Depending on the cops, I could easily see you getting majorly hassled for that.

Link Posted: 9/26/2015 4:51:49 PM EDT
[#3]
It makes mass murderers invincible to bullets.  

That's why they had to call in a battleship to shell the Hollywood shooters to put an end to three weeks of non-stop gun violence.
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 4:56:06 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I think the fear was born from the famous North Hollywood Bank Robbery. It really fucked the minds of many, from the weapons used to the body armor.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 4:58:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Government likes easily killed peasants.

Also, people who own armor probably know what they're doing a bit more than the average Joe.  Those people in particular must be ground down.
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 5:00:56 PM EDT
[#6]

I was expecting to see a dragon burning down some peasants hut as he was bouncing arrows off its chest....I am disappoint

GD sucks

And its 5 o'clock.....to the fridge
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 5:12:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

The government likes its people shootable.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
People freak out about it more then ARs and everyone wants more bans and restrictions on it. Why? I can't think of a more passive way to protect yourself then body armor. It's like midevil people only buying a shield and not a sword. It is designed to protect yourself and nothing more. Just like a seatbelt or airbag.

This.

Also, the libtard's god is government.

The libtard really doesn't like the idea of their god's bullets not being effective on a potential likely enemy to their values and beliefs.

(Disregard the blacklivesmatter, excessive use of force, militarization of police, etc. "movements" the left is currently hyper focused on. Body armor is logical solution to these perceived problems. Liberals and logic don't mix.)
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 5:22:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I would venture to say that another group besides the typical "liberals" opposes the wide access of citizens to armor. Not going to mention the group specifically, some people around here would would get all butt hurt.
View Quote

I must be missing something.
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 5:23:59 PM EDT
[#9]
It turns you into an unstoppable terminator.
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 5:24:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I would venture to say that another group besides the typical "liberals" opposes the wide access of citizens to armor. Not going to mention the group specifically, some people around here would would get all butt hurt.

guess I should have just said it.  LEO's.  Guy above said something that made a lot of sense. Get pulled over with body armor visible in the back. Would bet you would get a pretty good questioning in regards to it
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 5:28:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm guessing he means LEO's. (Just a guess.)

I'm also guessing that most LEO's opinion on citizens and body armor would be similar to citizens and AR's - in the hands of law abiding citizens in isn't an issue.
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 5:28:28 PM EDT
[#12]
as you can see the leftist deep in their felling little hearts hate cops, soldiers & clergy anything those folks may need to do their job is bad.
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 5:30:49 PM EDT
[#13]
... I can tell you this, in a global theatre, defensive military hardware armor is a high guarded secret
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 5:36:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Carrying a gun implies someone is ready for trouble. Wearing armor implies conflict is expected. That's how the liberals I know see it, and I don't know anyone who wears armor when they CCW.
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 6:27:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
... I can tell you this, in a global theatre, defensive military hardware armor is a high guarded secret
View Quote

Just curious, how different is military grade body armor vs what we (civis) have access to? ie ceramic plates, Dragonskin etc...
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 7:20:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Carrying a gun implies someone is ready for trouble. Wearing armor implies conflict is expected. That's how the liberals I know see it, and I don't know anyone who wears armor when they CCW.
View Quote

That's like wearing a Fedora going for funnel cake at the county fair....fubar
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 10:59:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Just curious, how different is military grade body armor vs what we (civis) have access to? ie ceramic plates, Dragonskin etc...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

From what I seen civi stuff is lighter and better
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 11:27:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
The liberals love to see people harmed so they can roll in their blood and push their agenda.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
The liberals love to see people harmed so they can roll in their blood and push their agenda.

+

Quoted:

The libs dont like any sort of resistance against their government henchmen.
For a people who claim to abhor bloodshed and violence at the end of a gun- they sure dont mind ordering others to do so on their behalf
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 11:29:55 PM EDT
[#19]
If I was robbing a bank I'd want body armor
Link Posted: 9/27/2015 12:23:22 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
as you can see the leftist deep in their felling little hearts hate cops, soldiers & clergy anything those folks may need to do their job is bad.
View Quote

I think with the typical leftist/SJW type is just a matter of creating 'equality' (as they see it)

They want everyone to be 'equal' that means no one has more strength, power, security, independance than anyone else. Everyone is Equal in every way.
This is the utopia they seek. It is of course bullshit. There is always inequality, because people are not identical.
One person might be smarter than another, that is another inequality advantage that needs to eliminated. These days you see that actual knowledge and facts are less important than feels.
If life is in anyway easier for you (smarter, better looking, better parents, wealthy, hetrosexual, strong work ethic) than someone else, That is a Privilege that needs to stopped, everyone should have exactly he same level of happiness.

like all zealots, they are just as blinded by faith as anyone else who believes they know the one true path of life.
Their path on the surface sounds reasonable. Equality, who wouldn't want that. But the 'equality' goal, is obviously fundamentally unsound.

So the hatred of guns is because of the power imbalance (inequality) it creates, because you can resist their will.
Police have public order powers that are greater than leftists, so the police get the hate too.
Religion gets the hate, because it is a different path to a utopia, and therefore competes with them. Also religious leaders are seen as having more power than a youtube SJW (and that's unfair and unequal)
Body armour is another way they you are more protected that the average person, and therefore it's unequal and unfair.

And so it goes on. They want everyone to be equally powerless so that they can force these values on people and they can't resist.
[But this is the case with all zealots for any cause]
Link Posted: 9/27/2015 1:31:21 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
People freak out about it more then ARs and everyone wants more bans and restrictions on it. Why? I can't think of a more passive way to protect yourself then body armor. It's like midevil people only buying a shield and not a sword. It is designed to protect yourself and nothing more. Just like a seatbelt or airbag.
View Quote

In the minds of jackasses, the only people except cops that would buy them are gangsters and drug dealers.
Link Posted: 9/27/2015 1:47:23 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Bingo.

Link Posted: 9/27/2015 2:01:25 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I think with the typical leftist/SJW type is just a matter of creating 'equality' (as they see it)

They want everyone to be 'equal' that means no one has more strength, power, security, independence than anyone else. Everyone is Equal in every way.
This is the utopia they seek. It is of course bullshit. There is always inequality, because people are not identical.
One person might be smarter than another, that is another inequality advantage that needs to eliminated. These days you see that actual knowledge and facts are less important than feels.
If life is in anyway easier for you (smarter, better looking, better parents, wealthy, heterosexual, strong work ethic) than someone else, That is a Privilege that needs to stopped, everyone should have exactly he same level of happiness.

like all zealots, they are just as blinded by faith as anyone else who believes they know the one true path of life.
Their path on the surface sounds reasonable. Equality, who wouldn't want that. But the 'equality' goal, is obviously fundamentally unsound.

So the hatred of guns is because of the power imbalance (inequality) it creates, because you can resist their will.
Police have public order powers that are greater than leftists, so the police get the hate too.
Religion gets the hate, because it is a different path to a utopia, and therefore competes with them. Also religious leaders are seen as having more power than a youtube SJW (and that's unfair and unequal)
Body Armour is another way they you are more protected that the average person, and therefore it's unequal and unfair.

And so it goes on. They want everyone to be equally powerless so that they can force these values on people and they can't resist.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They want everyone to be 'equal' that means no one has more strength, power, security, independence than anyone else. Everyone is Equal in every way.
If life is in anyway easier for you (smarter, better looking, better parents, wealthy, heterosexual, strong work ethic) than someone else, That is a Privilege that needs to stopped, everyone should have exactly he same level of happiness.

Body Armour is another way they you are more protected that the average person, and therefore it's unequal and unfair.

This + so much more.

The theft-ist is an extremely complex beast that often defies true analysis.

Especially the Sexually Jealous Woman types.  
Link Posted: 9/27/2015 11:37:53 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly.  "Theres another place you guys know, that you dont know is anti armor, but Im not going to say who it is..."

Every LEO I know is fine with armor on citizens.
Link Posted: 9/27/2015 11:42:02 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Exactly.  "Theres another place you guys know, that you dont know is anti armor, but Im not going to say who it is..."

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The few I know aren't to keen on civvies with concealed permits.

Really though, who gives a shit about cops and their feels.
Link Posted: 9/30/2015 12:03:09 PM EDT
[#26]
It is funny that I read this thread the other day then last night ,at the local IDPA shoot, the owner and some guys were talking and I hear the owner say how he won't sell body armor to anyone who isn't in the business like police or security.  Going on and on about it.

So I say-" Will you sell them guns though?"

Him-"Yes"

Me-"well guns can kill someone, what are you doing to do with bodyarmor?  Hit them with it?"

Him-Looks at me like I'm stupid-"No one needs that.  GUns are defensive and Body armor is Offensive!"

Me-"How do you figure?  You can't go into a school and kill kids with only body armor, but you can with a gun, which you have no issues selling. I have class 3 steel plated body armor I bought online, You think I'm crazy?"

Him-"there is no such thing, class 3 is ceramic only."

Me-"ok, have a nice night."

I don't really understand the fear of it.  If you are ok will selling a gun to someone that can be deadly, but not body armor which protects just a fraction of your body.  Weird.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 2:44:47 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
It is funny that I read this thread the other day then last night ,at the local IDPA shoot, the owner and some guys were talking and I hear the owner say how he won't sell body armor to anyone who isn't in the business like police or security.  Going on and on about it.

So I say-" Will you sell them guns though?"

Him-"Yes"

Me-"well guns can kill someone, what are you doing to do with bodyarmor?  Hit them with it?"

Him-Looks at me like I'm stupid-"No one needs that.  GUns are defensive and Body armor is Offensive!"

Me-"How do you figure?  You can't go into a school and kill kids with only body armor, but you can with a gun, which you have no issues selling. I have class 3 steel plated body armor I bought online, You think I'm crazy?"

Him-"there is no such thing, class 3 is ceramic only."

Me-"ok, have a nice night."

I don't really understand the fear of it.  If you are ok will selling a gun to someone that can be deadly, but not body armor which protects just a fraction of your body.  Weird.
View Quote

I have seen shops here do that too. It's armor. All it is, is defensive.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 2:51:24 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

The people that freak out about it are primarily in three camps:

(1)  Fudds that simply hate everything they're not interested in

(2)  Pajama-boy type leftists and angry old coastal white leftists that would never, ever take up arms for a number of reasons and expect the state to save them - and thus see armor in private hands as making it harder for the man to come rescue their sorry asses.    Many of them are also intensely interested in disarming their opponents in any way they can, because once they're in power they like to think the state is their own private goon squad.

(3)  Statists of various stripes.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 2:58:34 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Funny....I feel exactly the same about the Cop haters and THEIR feels.....
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 3:03:44 PM EDT
[#30]
What NIJ rating to protect muh feels?
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 3:10:17 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Find a way to know more.  They are dumb.  
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 3:14:03 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top