Page / 17
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 8:55:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Because we're not poor.

Link Posted: 6/13/2023 8:59:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The US also bought HK416s and SCARs. Their opinion is to be discarded immediately.
View Quote

and this is why I love you, just a little homo
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 8:59:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 8:59:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
US Army Delta Force gave Staccato a try.  They gave up and went back to Glock.
View Quote

Do you have a cite for this, or are you equating the old STI pistols to the newer Staccato design?

Not trying to argue, I'm just curious because I've been contemplating a Staccato.
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 9:02:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Staccatos kick ass. They will not make a shitty shooter John Wick. If you are already a good shooter, they will enhance your abilities. That being said, I'm real close to flexing on y'all with a TT Sand Viper. Why? Because fuck you, that's why.
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 9:08:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Staccatos kick ass. They will not make a shitty shooter John Wick. If you are already a good shooter, they will enhance your abilities. That being said, I'm real close to flexing on y'all with a TT Sand Viper. Why? Because fuck you, that's why.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 9:11:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Bro get the Atlas at that price. I've shot the Athena and the Erberus and they're just absolutely ridiculous.

Link Posted: 6/13/2023 9:12:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Bro get the Atlas at that price. I've shot the Athena and the Erberus and they're just absolutely ridiculous.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1bMaJwuWTo
View Quote

Bro, do you John Wick?
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 9:13:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Bro, do you John Wick?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1bMaJwuWTo

Bro, do you John Wick?

Indeed I do but for $6,000 you should Atlas instead of precious
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 9:14:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Like raptors that never leave the pavement.
View Quote

My Raptor will never see dirt.

I don’t give a fuck. I bought it because it’s a fun truck. I’ll buy a staccato because it’s a cool pistol also.
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 9:14:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

The edge of the precious is a sweet place to be
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 9:16:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Do you have a cite for this, or are you equating the old STI pistols to the newer Staccato design?

Not trying to argue, I'm just curious because I've been contemplating a Staccato.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's what I was going to ask as well.
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 9:17:27 PM EDT
[#13]
They look amazing.  Does anyone here CC a staccato?  Is there a sub compact version?

Do they hold up well in dirt? Rain? And being dragged through the dirt again if it was in a OWB holster?
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 9:18:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Obviously, when the new owners decided to pivot to the duty market, it was a better business move.

There’s also a big thread on Enos about STIs vs Staccato and what’s changed for the better internally
View Quote

Got a link? I'd read that.
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 9:22:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

STI was a good company that made intro guns for USPSA and a bunch of 1911s.  Then they tried to make just competition guns (DVC), but it soon became apparent that their guns wouldn't last with the high round counts comp shooters shot.  So they went to the tactical timmy market with a big instagram marketing campaign.  It works great for them because timmies don't shoot a lot but like to spend a lot of money to try to impress other shooters.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
And did STI's get more popular now that Staccato is the new heat, or are they considered old and busted?
I've got a NIB STI .45 single stack that I never got around to using, figured it was what it was, and then I see that all of a sudden the renamed company is the shizzle.

STI was a good company that made intro guns for USPSA and a bunch of 1911s.  Then they tried to make just competition guns (DVC), but it soon became apparent that their guns wouldn't last with the high round counts comp shooters shot.  So they went to the tactical timmy market with a big instagram marketing campaign.  It works great for them because timmies don't shoot a lot but like to spend a lot of money to try to impress other shooters.

You are saying it was apparent the guns wouldn't handle high round count? Of all the issues I've seen and heard I don't remember that one. I also don't remember them only making competition guns but I wasn't paying real close attention at the end of STI before they switched. I do remember a DVC Tactical.
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 9:25:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Smells like poors in this thread.

https://i.postimg.cc/Wb7RScmP/20220428-204622-1.jpg

Love them or hate them, Staccato changing the perception of the 2011 from a competition only gun, to an enthusiast/duty platform.
View Quote

This is why I love them even though I don’t own one.

It used to be that boringly reliable and mediocre everything else was the go too.

They are upping the game where boringly reliable and amazing trigger, ergonomics, recoil can all come together.

IMO there are others that have done it but being both a 1911 inspired design and expensive is a real marketing winner.

Link Posted: 6/13/2023 9:29:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 9:31:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

This is the thread I was thinking about a while back:

https://forums.brianenos.com/topic/283917-sti-tactical-2011-vs-staccato/
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 9:35:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

FWIW, I took a class with Bob Keller in September and he intimated that the D guys are or will soon be using Staccatos.
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 9:40:32 PM EDT
[#20]
I didn't own anything with a threaded barrel, or RDS. So, I did a thing. ??Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 9:41:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
They look amazing.  Does anyone here CC a staccato?  Is there a sub compact version?

Do they hold up well in dirt? Rain? And being dragged through the dirt again if it was in a OWB holster?
View Quote

I do. Stacatto P

I'm using a Tenicor right now waiting on a leather holster. It's fine. Heaviest gun I've carried but it's not really a big deal. I don't get why guys think you can't conceal full size guns.

I probably only honestly compete 3-4 times a year (two Colas and 1 or 2 two gun matches) and it's been fine there as well. I use an esstac belt with a Safariland there
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 9:52:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I do. Stacatto P

I'm using a Tenicor right now waiting on a leather holster. It's fine. Heaviest gun I've carried but it's not really a big deal. I don't get why guys think you can't conceal full size guns.

I probably only honestly compete 3-4 times a year (two Colas and 1 or 2 two gun matches) and it's been fine there as well. I use an esstac belt with a Safariland there
View Quote

Esstac is bestac!

I use their belt and mag pouches for USPSA and they perform great!
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 9:52:26 PM EDT
[#23]
Yet another rehash of the late 90's STI/SVI pistol design.

Nothing new here other than STI was trying to get into the real world market and out of the very small, insignificant world of ipsc.
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 10:00:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Esstac is bestac!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I do. Stacatto P

Esstac is bestac!

Esstac is indeed the best tac.

I'm going to use their belt setup for Keystone coming up tomorrow. Might feel cute and do combat class with plate carrier, might delete later
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 10:00:55 PM EDT
[#25]
I’ve been messing around with them for a few years.

Link Posted: 6/13/2023 10:02:14 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 10:08:05 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

6800 now
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 10:09:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

https://forums.brianenos.com/topic/283917-sti-tactical-2011-vs-staccato/
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 10:09:45 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Just come to Classic, its all combat class, all the time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Might feel cute and do combat class with plate carrier, might delete later

Just come to Classic, its all combat class, all the time.

Need to work on upper body strength more so I don't get banned.

Endurance fine
Shooting fine
Chug not great but fine
Upper body obstacles FAIL

I can do stuff like the handstands no problem but the bench press and the double ropes is just not in my wheel house. Built like a runner
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 10:11:21 PM EDT
[#30]
Because the gun market goes in cycles. I’m sure Staccatos are really nice, and 1911 triggers are great, but what is this doing that you couldn’t do with a 1911 20 or 30 years ago?  Serious question. Are they more reliable and less maintenance intensive?  In a few years will Staccato users start remembering why they stopped using 1911s?  

Of course I can’t afford one anyway.
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 10:12:03 PM EDT
[#31]
Still
Not as good or accurate as a CZ Shadow2 or CZ TS2.!
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 10:13:31 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Probably because we recently saw a LEO unalive a BG with nice gear.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 10:14:33 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Because the gun market goes in cycles. I’m sure Staccatos are really nice, and 1911 triggers are great, but what is this doing that you couldn’t do with a 1911 20 or 30 years ago?  Serious question. Are they more reliable and less maintenance intensive?  In a few years will Staccato users start remembering why they stopped using 1911s?  

Of course I can’t afford one anyway.
View Quote

Legit question I'll give you a legit answer.

Capacity is the largest difference.
Optics ready is another big one.
After that comes a full length guide rod that's tool-less
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 10:18:12 PM EDT
[#34]
When I first started carrying I carried a 1911 with a Wilson 8 and then a Chip Power 10 reload. So that's 19 including the chambered round. The Stacatto is going to give you 21 on tap without reloading, with a red dot, with better back on target shootability.

They really are fantastic. 9mm SAOs are the bees knees. There are some really sweet old 2011s actually in 45 that are awesome as well, but I think they're 13-15 rounds (+1 obviously) and sadly they really didn't catch on.
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 10:20:15 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 10:23:48 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

1. Mount a red dot out of the box
2. Have mags that pretty much work out of the box now

The 2011 has actually been around about 30 years at this point, but most never heard of them until the last 10.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Because the gun market goes in cycles. I’m sure Staccatos are really nice, and 1911 triggers are great, but what is this doing that you couldn’t do with a 1911 20 or 30 years ago?  

The 2011 has actually been around about 30 years at this point, but most never heard of them until the last 10.

People think they're expensive now....

Used to pay a bunch then have to tune your own magazines. Magazine availability has been huge too
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 10:37:55 PM EDT
[#37]
The single-action trigger of 1911/2011 is almost always going to be better than any striker-fired handgun out there. According to a former CAG member, there is consideration of moving to a 2011 style pistol. He carried a Glock throughout his time in CAG and recently sold them all and is primarily running a 2011 these days. We both recently purchased Springfield Prodigy's. We both have history of working on 1911/2011's so it was an easy switch for him. For me, I ran a 1911 as a duty weapon for the last 10 years of my active duty service. I have owned and run 1911/2011's for as long as I have been an adult. 38 Super, 40, 45, and over the last three years, 9mm. I have owned pretty much every plastic fantastic ever produced and always return to the 1911/2011 platform. I still own 3 STI and I have had them since the early 2000s. I have considered a Staccato.
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 8:06:09 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Because the gun market goes in cycles. I’m sure Staccatos are really nice, and 1911 triggers are great, but what is this doing that you couldn’t do with a 1911 20 or 30 years ago?  

Yes, so I should have specified in my question that I meant the various high capacity .38 Super, 9mm major, 9x23 and so forth guns that have been around for decades.

It’s only been in the past 5 years or so that optics ready guns of any type have been widely available.

The mags are a big deal. The amount of sturm und drang over even single stack 45 mags in comparison to more modern guns that usually just work is notable.
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 8:07:21 PM EDT
[#39]
This thread is pushing me to get one for myself. Well done OP, well done, beautiful pysops you've got going on here.
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 8:49:32 PM EDT
[#40]
Not to derail: are they all optic ready?
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 9:05:07 PM EDT
[#41]
I shot Mustangducks XC at Cola and I've been on a quest to justify one...

They really are point and click and that good.
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 9:12:04 PM EDT
[#42]
Why get anything that's nice? Why have a luxury car when a Ford focus is good enough?
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 9:22:53 PM EDT
[#43]
Why not love a Staccato?

Staccato is a very nice pistol. Most of the benefits of a 1911, but without the main regret (limited capacity).

I like G17, but a Staccato is a far superior pistol in meaningful ways: trigger, optics mounting, weight. That translates into a much easier and faster pistol. Both have shitty grip ergos.

The G17 is lighter, which is good for carrying (not shooting). It may be a little more reliable. MOS system is shit, trigger is shit, grip angle is shit.  

A G17 with a good trigger and logic cut is 2/3 the price of a Staccato. As is a Shadow systems that solves a lot of the Glock design stupidity. And the trigger is still far inferior no matter what.

For the record, I do own a G17 clone and like it a lot. I do not own a Staccato. I came close a few times, but decided I wanted a Wilson instead, because the grip ergos suck.
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 9:26:56 PM EDT
[#44]
Staccatos are just bad ass and made in Texas.

I cant afford one, but I sure as hell want one.

Glocks are the toasters of the gun world, they work but I dont care.
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 9:28:12 PM EDT
[#45]
"More accurate than any of us."

Another way to say, I watch a lot of youtube...
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 9:31:17 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
"More accurate than any of us."

Another way to say, I watch a lot of youtube...
View Quote

If you never miss... you're not shooting fast enough
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 9:32:11 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

DWX is trash?
View Quote

DWX isn't a 2011....
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 9:34:57 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Heavy internet based marketing to the Costa fanboys, plus narrowing their focus to 9mm and jacking up the price to a point they didn’t have to constantly chase cash flow was apparently a successful strategy.
View Quote

It definitely worked.  

Make guns that don't work when shot a shit ton, then market to people who don't shoot a lot.  LEO and tacticools!  Perfect!

Decent guns, trigger isn't really that great on the lower models(P and below).
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 9:35:18 PM EDT
[#49]
For uniformed carry I'd love to have one. For ccw I think they'd be a bit much.

Still happy with that my department switched to 320s.
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 9:37:35 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Not to derail: are they all optic ready?
View Quote

No.  Some of the models(maybe all, not exactly sure on that) can be purchased without a milled slide.  But I believe it is an option on all of their guns.
Page / 17
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top