Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 7/9/2021 10:58:27 AM EDT
The world's deepest swimming pool has opened in Dubai, with a depth of 196 feet (60 metres) and a water volume equivalent to six Olympic-size swimming pools.

Deep Dive opened its doors to invited guests in late June, and includes a massive underwater city of abandoned homes and an arcade.  

Dubai's newest attraction is at least four times larger than any other pool in the world and superseded Poland's Deepspot, measuring 147ft (45m) in depth, for the Guinness World Record on June 27.

It is housed in an oyster shaped structure and surrounded by gushing water features.

Video

Deep Dive has warned guests not to visit the Burj Khalifa - the world's tallest building, also located in Dubai - after their visit as 'it's recommended to wait 18-24 hours before ascending higher than 300 meters'

The complex also doubles as an underwater film studio with state-of-the-art lighting and sound systems, and an editing room nearby.  

The site boasts 56 cameras dotted around the underwater city and an advanced hyperbaric chamber for emergencies, which is expected to launch by the end of the year.

Dubai's newest attraction is billed as a family friendly day out with diving courses for beginners and advanced divers, but there are also tours on offer.

And those who do not fancy a dip in the water can watch from an 80-seat restaurant equipped with large windows and TV screens.

High profile guests including actor Will Smith and Dubai crown prince Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum have already visited the pool.

Sheikh Hamadan encouraged others to visit when it the complex opens to the public later this month, writing on social media after his July 7 visit: 'An entire world awaits you at Deep Dive Dubai, the world's deepest pool'.

Smith described the experience as 'madness' and he said he was told to check out the pool by a friend because it has 'something... weird about it'.

But Deep Dive has warned guests not to visit the Burj Khalifa - the world's tallest building, also located in Dubai - after their visit.    

'Don't visit the top of the skyscraper after diving,' it says.

'After any dive, it's recommended to wait 18-24 hours before ascending higher than 300 meters (1,000 feet). However, there is no risk in diving after having visited the tallest building in the world.'

The record for world's deepest pool was previously held by Y-40 Deep Joy in the northern Italian town of Montegrotto Terme.

That incredible swim center, designed by renowned architect Emanuele Boaretto, is located within the four-star Hotel Terme Millepini.

Visitors, enjoying a regular temperature of between 90F to 93F (32C to 34C), are able to use the facilities for free diving and scuba diving, with underwater caves for cave diving beginners

There is also a unique suspended underwater tunnel which is entirely transparent, so non-swimmers can experience the pool without getting wet.

Before Y-40 Deep Joy's completion on June 5, 2014, the record was held by the Nemo 33 facility in Brussels, Belgium.  

Famous for its deep pit, the Nemo 33 pool measured 113 feet - 65 feet less than the Deep Dive.

Link
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 11:01:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 11:04:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Don’t rub up another guys scuba suit though or you’re going to jail
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 11:04:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Diving equipment in a swimming pool?  That sounds pretty gay, I mean if you want to scuba dive go to a lake, pond or the ocean.  Swimming pools are for swimming and horsing around in the sun.
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 11:05:04 AM EDT
[#4]
I would have made it 4' deeper just to hit 200'.  Too bad they only care about metric!
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 11:05:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Well, that's bad ass!
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 11:06:01 AM EDT
[#6]
That's neat.
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 11:06:38 AM EDT
[#7]
That's cool as hell.
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 11:07:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 11:08:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Oh Dubai, you crazy!
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 11:08:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Very cool! Looks like it would be a good place to learn and get proficient before going out into the real world.
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 11:08:53 AM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Diving equipment in a swimming pool?  That sounds pretty gay, I mean if you want to scuba dive go to a lake, pond or the ocean.  Swimming pools are for swimming and horsing around in the sun.
View Quote

LMAO
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 11:09:39 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Don’t rub up another guys scuba suit though or you’re going to jail
View Quote

Save you PHOBIC comments for Thursdays....

Link Posted: 7/9/2021 11:11:03 AM EDT
[#13]
Any female divers are immediately arrested.
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 11:11:31 AM EDT
[#14]
Watch: Sunken city inside world's deepest pool in Dubai; explore houses, play games
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 11:11:38 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

The could save on dive weights and just put the burka on over the wetsuit.
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 11:12:41 AM EDT
[#16]
AWESOME
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 11:14:17 AM EDT
[#17]
That is a really cool. I would dive it.
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 11:16:44 AM EDT
[#18]
In a year I bet the water becomes funky.
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 11:16:55 AM EDT
[#19]
Untrained tourists hitting 196 feet and cave diving, what could go wrong?
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 11:22:34 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 11:23:22 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 11:27:04 AM EDT
[#22]
Definitely pretty cool but that arcade is looking a little deficient. Needs DDR for underwater rhythm shenanigans. 6/10.
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 11:27:59 AM EDT
[#23]
That’s pretty cool. I’ve been to the Burj and the ski hill before. Got some really cool photos from the top that look almost fake.

My hotel was also a pickup point for Uber chopper. Found a place in Abu Dhabi to rent a McLaren P1 and was going to take the helicopter to get there. They only had cars available on the day I was leaving though....

Dubai is a pretty crazy place. Was offered a job there, but that’s a place to visit, not live.
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 11:30:39 AM EDT
[#24]
That’s awesome
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 11:31:27 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 11:31:51 AM EDT
[#26]
In for the inevitable accident
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 11:32:51 AM EDT
[#27]
With everything so fake, why not just do it with VR goggles?
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 11:33:38 AM EDT
[#28]
In before locals kill themselves deep diving
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 11:35:00 AM EDT
[#29]
Pictures alone are impressive...
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 11:35:33 AM EDT
[#30]
Yup! Went there for my 50th bday. Burj, Ski Dubai, Penguin encounter, desert safari, skydive and fed the sharks at the aquarium. Best part was sipping scotch at a fancy cigar bar…  two stoggies and two scotches… 500$

Fun place but money rules!

Quoted:
That’s pretty cool. I’ve been to the Burj and the ski hill before. Got some really cool photos from the top that look almost fake.

My hotel was also a pickup point for Uber chopper. Found a place in Abu Dhabi to rent a McLaren P1 and was going to take the helicopter to get there. They only had cars available on the day I was leaving though....

Dubai is a pretty crazy place. Was offered a job there, but that’s a place to visit, not live.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/9/2021 11:36:31 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 11:37:24 AM EDT
[#32]
Build out of oil money.  Better than funding terrorists!
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 11:38:54 AM EDT
[#33]
People don't think oil and gas money be like it is....but it do.
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 11:39:02 AM EDT
[#34]
With Islam’s reputation on maintenance, I sure wouldn’t rent SCUBA equipment anywhere in the Muslim world.

Still, Dubai has an impressive record for throwing money at projects for the “let’s just do something cool for the fuck of it”, factor.
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 11:40:24 AM EDT
[#35]
Damn, that's nice.

Divers in jet fins with spring straps, equipment clipped off with no dangling gear, SPG clipped to the left hip D-ring, breathing the long hose, lights in the left hand, holding good trim,

I'm impressed at whoever trained some of those divers.

Link Posted: 7/9/2021 11:41:56 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Build out of oil money.  Better than funding terrorists!
View Quote

Oil money is old school. You wouldn't believe how many investments they have in American companies.
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 11:42:23 AM EDT
[#37]
Dubai is one of my favorite ME countries, but I feel so poor there even staying at the Four Seasons Hotel
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 11:45:50 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

Well an underwater kitchen would be dumb anyway.

Link Posted: 7/9/2021 11:46:47 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Yup! Went there for my 50th bday. Burj, Ski Dubai, Penguin encounter, desert safari, skydive and fed the sharks at the aquarium. Best part was sipping scotch at a fancy cigar bar  two stoggies and two scotches 500$

View Quote

Has Dubai become what American ingenuity created 50 years ago? I see articles about the stuff in Dubai and other places and remember how people used to talk about visiting the US and the amazing things to see and do.

Has anything been built in the last 30 years or so in the US that would be considered exciting?
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 11:47:39 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Dubai is one of my favorite ME countries, but I feel so poor there even staying at the Four Seasons Hotel
View Quote
One of my in-laws is fairly well off, and travels the world extensively.  He said Dubai was the 2nd most expensive place he's been.  Monaco was far and away the most expensive.  He felt like a poor in both of those places, and he lives in NYC!
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 11:49:06 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Has Dubai become what American ingenuity created 50 years ago? I see articles about the stuff in Dubai and other places and remember how people used to talk about visiting the US and the amazing things to see and do.

Has anything been built in the last 30 years or so in the US that would be considered exciting?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yup! Went there for my 50th bday. Burj, Ski Dubai, Penguin encounter, desert safari, skydive and fed the sharks at the aquarium. Best part was sipping scotch at a fancy cigar bar  two stoggies and two scotches 500$

That's a depressing thought.  
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 11:50:09 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/9/2021 11:51:47 AM EDT
[#43]
I can feel my lips buzzing already as I pass 100'.
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 11:52:04 AM EDT
[#44]
I wish I was a merman
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 11:52:08 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 11:52:45 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

You make a great point, and one worth asking.

I think the money for our infrastructure went into land wars in Asia, and bailouts for big banks.
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 12:00:37 PM EDT
[#47]
In before some o/w dumbass gets bent.  "But I wanted to play a while game of foosball at the bottom!"
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 12:02:57 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
In before some o/w dumbass gets bent.  "But I wanted to play a while game of foosball at the bottom!"
View Quote

Good thing they've got a hyperbaric chamber onsite!
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 12:04:14 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 12:05:32 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

Betting they have a chamber on the premises.

ETA: beat
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top