BCM
User Panel

Page / 25
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 4:55:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
@SkilletsUSMC

When you did the bolt catch mod, did you use the plunger or just the spring?
View Quote
Just the spring. A 1/8" drill bit drilled about the same depth. Just enough to capture it without penetrating the mag catch release.
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 5:09:41 PM EDT
[#2]
THX
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 9:13:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Mine will be here Friday!
Link Posted: 8/9/2018 1:33:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/9/2018 2:05:29 PM EDT
[#5]

I have been that exact guy before so many times.
Link Posted: 8/9/2018 2:14:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Alright you jerks. I just ordered one...

I just got the upper and 100 blanks.

Now what are some fun things to do with this thing?

I have a 3D printer as some people mentioned wanting to print some things.

Also should I have gotten the longer barrel or the short one?
Link Posted: 8/9/2018 2:27:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Now I just need to decide which stock, longer or short then sell the other.
Link Posted: 8/9/2018 3:40:56 PM EDT
[#8]
I'd do the shorter one. It looks a lot more comfy.
Link Posted: 8/9/2018 4:28:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Found this pic online but thought it was interesting looking, ditch the scope and put something more practical on it.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/9/2018 4:30:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Found this pic online but thought it was interesting looking, ditch the scope and put something more practical on it.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/54352/dllvj4j2GsL81oNWBDPWnc3d6Gp4zGZ-oTTibyythQQ-635292.JPG
View Quote
He's got green tips in that mag too.

That's a mockup.

Looks like a space pirate weapon.
Link Posted: 8/9/2018 4:46:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Looks like a space pirate weapon.
View Quote
Funny you should say that. Google "Pirate gun 40mm"
Link Posted: 8/9/2018 4:49:56 PM EDT
[#12]
That drum has non-blank ammo.
Link Posted: 8/9/2018 4:52:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Funny you should say that. Google "Pirate gun 40mm"
View Quote
ARRRGHH!!!

Link Posted: 8/9/2018 5:27:52 PM EDT
[#14]
If it weren't for that pesky DD definition within the NFA, I wonder how viable it would be to do something with a binary explosive, such as tannerite, packed into something such as a plastic Easter egg, with a tennis ball used to shield the egg from the force of the blank discharging. You'd have to figure out a way to detonate it, of course. I wonder if a .22 lr round sticking ass end out of the front would work?

I really need a job which doesn't give me so much time to sit around and ponder.
Link Posted: 8/9/2018 6:47:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
If it weren't for that pesky DD definition within the NFA, I wonder how viable it would be to do something with a binary explosive, such as tannerite, packed into something such as a plastic Easter egg, with a tennis ball used to shield the egg from the force of the blank discharging. You'd have to figure out a way to detonate it, of course. I wonder if a .22 lr round sticking ass end out of the front would work?

I really need a job which doesn't give me so much time to sit around and ponder.
View Quote
I’ve got tons of ideas, but I’m not going to post anything.  Arfcom originally gave Wingnut grief about his Form 1 registered (legal) DD hand grenade.  I’m going to studiously avoid discussing anything edging into DD territory for soda can projectiles.  —Not that I think NFA laws are just (quite the opposite!) but I don’t want the thread to get locked.—
Link Posted: 8/9/2018 6:50:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Alright you jerks. I just ordered one...

I just got the upper and 100 blanks.

Now what are some fun things to do with this thing?

I have a 3D printer as some people mentioned wanting to print some things.

Also should I have gotten the longer barrel or the short one?
View Quote
I believe the longer one IMO.
Link Posted: 8/9/2018 6:57:57 PM EDT
[#17]

Glad I'm not the only person with this idea...
Link Posted: 8/9/2018 7:06:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Also, chemlight fluid poured on a tennisball would make a great tracer at night
Link Posted: 8/9/2018 7:43:45 PM EDT
[#19]
does the f5 can launcher come with the bcg?
Link Posted: 8/9/2018 7:48:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
does the f5 can launcher come with the bcg?
View Quote
No
Link Posted: 8/9/2018 7:51:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/259653/20180809_155647-635454.jpg

View Quote
Laugh it up, but a foremounted leaf sight like V556 and I were discussing along with a side mounted VFG (horizontal fore grip?) that could be really practical.
Link Posted: 8/9/2018 8:03:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

I want one of those so bad, but I’m too stingy to pay for one for a can launcher.lol

I’d make it a (left) side charger.
Link Posted: 8/9/2018 8:19:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I believe the longer one IMO.
View Quote
Good. I got the long one with the rail on the bottom as well.
Link Posted: 8/9/2018 8:25:56 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Good. I got the long one with the rail on the bottom as well.
View Quote
I asked for one with a rail after the fact (didn't see the option until I put in the order), but when it came today, it was a standard one. I'm not mad though, I got the longer tube I asked for and I have a metric shit ton of GG&G rail kits, a 8-32 tap and I am doing some drilling tonight. F5 was very responsive to my emails though.
Link Posted: 8/9/2018 8:26:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-FQj1PMqy4nk/Tt5BDpokCvI/AAAAAAAAAF8/yKiBtFjHY6o/s1600/raccoon1.jpg

I want one of those so bad, but I’m too stingy to pay for one for a can launcher.lol

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-FQj1PMqy4nk/Tt5BDpokCvI/AAAAAAAAAF8/yKiBtFjHY6o/s1600/raccoon1.jpg

Yeah, I thought about that but I don't want to pay to have the proprietary bolt carrier drilled and tapped for a handle.
Link Posted: 8/9/2018 9:09:58 PM EDT
[#26]
Got the 5 I ordered today. Took a test shot, wow! It was louder and had more recoil than I expected, but I liked it.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/9/2018 10:41:12 PM EDT
[#27]
Yeah, shorter stock was the ticket, and added a rail.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/9/2018 11:24:05 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Yeah, shorter stock was the ticket, and added a rail.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/237639/DBBC02FC-40B7-4E59-A960-17E7F93D5089-635712.JPG
View Quote
Looks great!

How'd you add the rail?!
Link Posted: 8/9/2018 11:51:23 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Looks great!

How'd you add the rail?!
View Quote
Drilled and tapped it. The tube is thicker near the bottom, then widens for projectiles halfway up, so the 1/32 of screw thread sticking through will have no ill affect. I have a ton of GG&G rail kits for M4 handguards sitting around and used one.
Link Posted: 8/10/2018 12:58:36 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Drilled and tapped it. The tube is thicker near the bottom, then widens for projectiles halfway up, so the 1/32 of screw thread sticking through will have no ill affect. I have a ton of GG&G rail kits for M4 handguards sitting around and used one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Looks great!

How'd you add the rail?!
Mine is the same way. I don't know if I'd want to put a hole in mine just yet, but if yours works out I might.
Link Posted: 8/10/2018 7:29:25 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Yeah, I thought about that but I don't want to pay to have the proprietary bolt carrier drilled and tapped for a handle.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I want one for a hunting rig.  Thought it'd be fun in the off season for the can cannon.  I'd definitely make it a side charger though.  Drilling and tapping the BCG would be negligible after spending $500 on just the lower receiver.
Link Posted: 8/10/2018 9:06:36 PM EDT
[#32]
Started construction of the Mk1 remote firing fixure today.  Was short on time and ran out of daylight, but I got a decent start.  Hope to finish tomorrow.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Gotta make a run to Lowe’s for hinges and some other fiddlety bits to make it fold down for easy transport.

I’m going to pop the buttplate off for firing in the fixture.  I’ll seat the buffer tube into a wooden block as a recoil shoulder.  I’ll add an adjustable (padded) cross bar to the front for elevation, and use an eye screw in the base to redirect the lanyard.

I *think* I’m going to be receiving a longer barrel for testing sometime soonish.  I’m also still waiting on the 67mm wad punch to arrive.

Aside gripe:  Walmart doesn’t sell diet soda in 8oz cans...?!?!?!  WTH?  I’ll have to hit some other stores to check for more ammo.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/10/2018 9:22:59 PM EDT
[#33]
I have that style sight too, but it's a carry handle attachment model.... I may throw one on it if this doesn't work worth a damn.
Link Posted: 8/10/2018 9:41:26 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I have that style sight too, but it's a carry handle attachment model.... I may throw one on it if this doesn't work worth a damn.
View Quote
JMO:  Your leaf sight will likely work fine— if you move it forward.  As it sits right now (on the receiver), your angle is way too low to hit max range.

If you use the rail extender that Skillets found (https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/X-Products-Can-Cannon--now-an-F5-thread-/5-2122881/?page=15#i73690313 ), it’d probably move your leaf out far enough.  You might want some kind of front sight blade or post too.
Link Posted: 8/10/2018 9:46:05 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

JMO:  Your leaf sight will likely work fine— if you move it forward.  As it sits right now (on the receiver), your angle is way too low to hit max range.

If you use the rail extender that Skillets found (https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/X-Products-Can-Cannon--now-an-F5-thread-/5-2122881/?page=15#i73690313 ), it’d probably move your leaf out far enough.  You might want some kind of front sight blade or post too.
View Quote
Well shit, I have more rail sections and dont mind drilling and tapping another into it.
Link Posted: 8/10/2018 9:54:44 PM EDT
[#36]
Nah, fuck it, I like the look of this better

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/10/2018 10:32:46 PM EDT
[#37]
That'll do ‘er!

IMO the quadrant sight is more accurate anyway (with a ‘203).  Not that we’ll notice without spin stability.lol
Link Posted: 8/10/2018 10:39:25 PM EDT
[#38]
Got my blanks today, finally.

Holy cow!

Fired two of the 8oz cans and almost ran out of yard.
I paced off 110 yards.
I stopped at two because my comfort limit was met.
Even though I live on a rural road, I don't want them going in the street.  
The edge of the street is wooded so I can't see if there are cars or people.

I couldn't believe how high the can went!

The YouTube vids don't do it justice.

I need a bigger range to really wring this thing out.

Side note, I WOULD NOT want to get hit by one of these things coming down.
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 12:50:40 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Got my blanks today, finally.

Holy cow!

Fired two of the 8oz cans and almost ran out of yard.
I paced off 110 yards.
I stopped at two because my comfort limit was met.
Even though I live on a rural road, I don't want them going in the street.  
The edge of the street is wooded so I can't see if there are cars or people.

I couldn't believe how high the can went!

The YouTube vids don't do it justice.

I need a bigger range to really wring this thing out.

Side note, I WOULD NOT want to get hit by one of these things coming down.
View Quote
You hit someone in the melon with a soda can out of one of these and it's coloring books and crayons for Christmas.
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 4:00:01 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
That'll do ‘er!

IMO the quadrant sight is more accurate anyway (with a ‘203).  Not that we’ll notice without spin stability.lol
View Quote
I think the inaccuracy comes from wind at elevation. I can get mine to group within the "kill radius" of my old M203 when there's no breeze above the trees.
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 9:42:27 PM EDT
[#41]
I went out to the woods this weekend.

Max range around 120 yards.
Lower elevation, 50 yards, fairly easy hits point blank.

I swear on the long range shots that can is 80 feet or more high.

All three of us were giggling shooting this thing!

I definitely need a sight for repeatability.
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 9:50:29 PM EDT
[#42]
I just ordered 5 and 500 blanks from Atlantic Wall.

Thanks Guys!
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 8:15:00 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I just ordered 5 and 500 blanks from Atlantic Wall.

Thanks Guys!
View Quote
Sucker!
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 4:48:41 PM EDT
[#45]
"BOOOOOOOOM!!!"

Love it.

Did you sight it in for only 60 yards? Mine has some real legs. The 12 oz max out around 100; the 8oz cans get a good 120yds. This is verified with a LRF.
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 5:25:44 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

"BOOOOOOOOM!!!"

Love it.

Did you sight it in for only 60 yards? Mine has some real legs. The 12 oz max out around 100; the 8oz cans get a good 120yds. This is verified with a LRF.
View Quote
I put the sight at its extreme range and it was dead nuts at 100 yards. That target was exactly at the 100 yard line. I didnt even try to angle the gun more, next time
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 8:22:47 AM EDT
[#47]
While these seem like toys, they can be quite dangerous.
Not picking on you or calling out, but I saw kids who know better, doing the same thing, not treating these like real guns.  Looking down the barrel, putting your fingers in front of the barrel, even when loading, etc.  Get in the habit of being as safe as possible as early as possible Bad habits are hard to break.

I make it a habit to charge only when I'm ready to fire.  Load on an empty chamber.  Then charge and fire. I don't want to chance that thing going off with my fingers in the barrel.

Be safe boys.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 10:18:23 AM EDT
[#48]
Hmmm...those vids make it clear my airsoft sight will not have enough elevation.

Dangit.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 10:28:12 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
While these seem like toys, they can be quite dangerous.
Not picking on you or calling out, but I saw kids who know better, doing the same thing, not treating these like real guns.  Looking down the barrel, putting your fingers in front of the barrel, even when loading, etc.  Get in the habit of being as safe as possible as early as possible Bad habits are hard to break.

I make it a habit to charge only when I'm ready to fire.  Load on an empty chamber.  Then charge and fire. I don't want to chance that thing going off with my fingers in the barrel.

Be safe boys.  
View Quote
Definitely.

I plan to make Skillets' Auto Bolt Lock Mod tot he lower dedicated to this thing.
For now I always lock the bolt open, load the can then charge the chamber when ready to fire.

And I see people shooting at each other on YouTube.

You DO NOT want to get hit with a half pound object falling from a height of 100'.

As someone posted above, crayons and oatmeal time if you do.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 12:38:49 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Started construction of the Mk1 remote firing fixure today.  Was short on time and ran out of daylight, but I got a decent start.  Hope to finish tomorrow.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/53338/05630383-5CA8-4903-8466-9F21899479EF-636592.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/53338/7A9D0CE0-A206-4455-B3FC-EDFEC5C25069-636593.JPG

Gotta make a run to Lowe’s for hinges and some other fiddlety bits to make it fold down for easy transport.

I’m going to pop the buttplate off for firing in the fixture.  I’ll seat the buffer tube into a wooden block as a recoil shoulder.  I’ll add an adjustable (padded) cross bar to the front for elevation, and use an eye screw in the base to redirect the lanyard.

I *think* I’m going to be receiving a longer barrel for testing sometime soonish.  I’m also still waiting on the 67mm wad punch to arrive.

Aside gripe:  Walmart doesn’t sell diet soda in 8oz cans...?!?!?!  WTH?  I’ll have to hit some other stores to check for more ammo.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/53338/4E324764-E9D6-4608-8DFA-21FE263996C5-636597.JPG
View Quote
I can't wait for your comparison with the blanks! I'm waiting for this before I make my order from Atlantic.
Page / 25
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top