Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 6/4/2021 6:34:22 PM EDT
explain this to me

I live in a HOA area that is on a corner between two city roads. There is no reason to travel through the area if you don't live there.

Recently there has been a newish red honda with a super loud exhaust running laps past my house for about an hour before he goes away. He runs a little half block length square pattern so he is turning about as much as he is going straight. So he floors it and then gets to the intersection, puts on his turn signal, turns, floors it again, repeat.

I went out to check my mail at the shared box a couple houses down and he passed me twice in that time.

Its super annoying because his exhaust is insanely loud and I worry that he is going to run over some kids as these are all internal small HOA roads.

I haven't been able to figure out if he actually lives here yet - but although its insanely annoying I don't think he's breaking any laws so whatever. I am completely stumped as to what he is doing though.

So my theories are
1 - meth (but its a new car)
2 - killing time before he picks someone up (but its mostly old people living here)
3 - stealing packages (but why do it in the most noticeable car in the world)
4 - lives in the neighborhood and wants to drive his car but his plates haven't arrived and wants to hear his car make loud fart noises

I will never understand why people want to make cars louder. I've always wanted to make everything I own quieter
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 6:38:12 PM EDT
[#1]
My neighbor up the street has a Hellcat. He doesn't rev it or drive fast, but its a loud car.

Maybe petition your HOA to only allow residents to drive 4cyl cars with factory exhaust?
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 6:41:59 PM EDT
[#2]
It would be easier to deal with if it was just normal driving patterns (to/from house) but he will spend an hour or so driving in a small square so he is constantly passing my house. It is super loud and really bizarre
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 6:43:35 PM EDT
[#3]
One of my neighbors has a kid with a newish red Honda, a super loud exhaust, and runs laps past my place a couple times a day. Nice kid. Doesn't fuck with me personally, and I did the same shit when I was his age. Damned if I can find myself offended by either.
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 6:48:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Loud hondas are gay and super annoying, but you willingly live with an HOA and want them to ban cars you don't like.  Now I have to double hate you for making me take the pound Honda's side.
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 6:50:46 PM EDT
[#5]
In my case it self corrected, kid is driving what he called his wife’s car. Pretty sure he isn’t 18 but he would constantly stop and try his best to fishtail as much as possible on his way to their house. Just after this episode he cut off his muffler and replaced it with a coffee can then wrecked it again a few weeks later.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/4/2021 6:50:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Go be a Karen somewhere else.

Sincerely,

The car community.
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 6:51:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Freedom = Scary
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 6:51:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Is it a violation of state law? You have the right to live peacefully in your own home, and the cops would come after you if you put a 308 into his engine bock, so make them work for you by calling them to ticket him for nuisance noise or whatever your statute says.
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 6:52:31 PM EDT
[#9]
He just wants to be heard. Or he is signaling someone. Or he knows how much it is going to bug people like you. Who knows with kids these days.

What is an HOA road?
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 6:52:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Freedom = Scary
View Quote

You don't have the freedom to make people suffer in their own homes.
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 6:56:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
He just wants to be heard. Or he is signaling someone. Or he knows how much it is going to bug people like you. Who knows with kids these days.

What is an HOA road?
View Quote

I should have said private road.  basically just the small roads in the HOA area. I believe they are maintained by the HOA but I could be wrong.
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 6:56:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Can I apply that to reading some of the posts in this forum? Because I’ve done a lot of suffering.
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 6:59:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

lol
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 6:59:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Go be a Karen somewhere else.

Sincerely,

The car community.
View Quote

lol I bet you would be pissed if this guy drove circles past your house for an hour. Nobody in the world likes that.
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 7:00:33 PM EDT
[#15]
man up and go ask him wtf he's doing.
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 7:01:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

lol I bet you would be pissed if this guy drove circles past your house for an hour. Nobody in the world likes that.
View Quote

I’d wait until he either crashes into something or blows his engine. It always happens sooner or later.

Signed, someone who laughed his ass off for days straight when I saw the Mustang who was doing burnouts a few streets down every night stuck in the middle of a light pole.
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 7:02:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I should have said private road.  basically just the small roads in the HOA area. I believe they are maintained by the HOA but I could be wrong.
View Quote

Look in his car next time and see if he is talking to a phone or camera. Maybe hes making videos for YouTube like one of those people who drive around and talk about whatever. In an area where he isnt expecting to encounter cops while driving like a doucher.
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 7:03:36 PM EDT
[#18]
/laughs in V8 with healthy cam and long tube headers

Link Posted: 6/4/2021 7:07:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Find out where the little faggot lives and get a train horn. Give the selfish little prick some of his own medicine
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 7:10:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Cut mufflers off your car.

Follow him home.

At 3am do the same thing at his place.

Link Posted: 6/4/2021 7:11:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Maybe he is getting me back for my super loud cat waking him up when I let her out in the backyard at 5 AM
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 7:15:18 PM EDT
[#22]
About half of the people here are redneck, inbred, inconsiderate, selfish, minimum wage earning morons who are going to think this is just great and that there is something wrong with OP.
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 7:16:08 PM EDT
[#23]
Fast Cars And Freedom (Remastered Version) · Rascal Flatts
Fast Cars And Freedom (2008 Remaster)
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 7:17:54 PM EDT
[#24]
Jump off your roof dressed like a ninja and throw caltrops in front of his car.
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 7:17:59 PM EDT
[#25]
There are cars that are not loud that run under 8 second 1/4 mile.

With todays tech there is ZERO reason your street car should be loud.
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 7:19:48 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Can I apply that to reading some of the posts in this forum? Because I’ve done a lot of suffering.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thats all self inflicted.
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 7:20:38 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
/laughs in V8 with healthy cam and long tube headers

View Quote

Put a muffler on that piece of shit.

Link Posted: 6/4/2021 7:21:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
There are cars that are not loud that run under 8 second 1/4 mile.

View Quote

There are factory cars with dual mode exhausts that can get fairly loud.

Building my 66 to be both, fairly quiet mufflers with a cutout bypass.

There are times I want it to be loud and be able to hit my gears for downshifts.
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 7:21:25 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
About half of the people here are redneck, inbred, inconsiderate, selfish, minimum wage earning morons who are going to think this is just great and that there is something wrong with OP.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 7:22:04 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

How else are people going to know you drive a rice rocket from a block away?
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 7:22:30 PM EDT
[#31]
Chevy Nova SS Open Headers Lopey Idle Big Cam
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 7:23:36 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Maybe he is getting me back for my super loud cat waking him up when I let her out in the backyard at 5 AM
View Quote

Keep your cat indoors.
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 7:29:51 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Keep your cat indoors.
View Quote

Its a walled in backyard. I was just joking - I doubt anyone can hear her stomping around back there. I pull her in if she starts yelling about something.
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 7:32:27 PM EDT
[#34]
Same here, no noise ordinances. I could run straight out of the exhaust manifold and rev my engine at 3:00a in the morning. I distinctly remember getting a ticket for a loud motorcycle 40 years ago, I guess those laws were repealed.
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 7:33:57 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

Sounds like you've been here before.
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 7:36:01 PM EDT
[#36]
This sounds like a problem you should definitely post about on Nextdoor
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 7:36:34 PM EDT
[#37]
My wheelin' rig has an LT4 with 40 series duals. Sounds good, but I don't usually run it on public roads. Fortunately, my neighbors aren't ghey.
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 7:36:54 PM EDT
[#38]
Challenge him to a race?
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 7:37:45 PM EDT
[#39]
Throw a broomstick into his front spokes. It worked when I was a kid.
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 7:40:08 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
This sounds like a problem you should definitely post about on Nextdoor
View Quote

GD basically is Nextdoor
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 7:43:05 PM EDT
[#41]
I'm sportin a walker mini Turbo-Flo on my Boomer Miata, It's just right. Pretty subtle up to around 4K RPM but from there to 7K all hell breaks loose.

IDGAF how loud it is, we're out in the sticks.
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 7:46:03 PM EDT
[#42]
Could be tuning/datalogging.

I like loud cars (generally not 4 cylinders), but there's a point where it's obnoxious. I heard a Miata the other day that was so goddamn loud I think he was violating some laws of physics to accomplish it
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 7:48:49 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

GD basically is Nextdoor
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 7:51:44 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Could be tuning/datalogging.
View Quote

ah ok that makes sense to me. It was driving me nuts trying to figure out what the heck he was doing.
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 7:52:47 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

Bam!

You can climb the GD latter of success and move in to a glorious neighborhood away from the riff raff. But when Tokyo drift or Days of Thunder move in, your a POS for being mad about it.

You're basically asking what GD should do about someone just as annoying as they are IRL. It won't go well.
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 7:54:07 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

I think it's a young silly thing to do, but I was young and silly once.

These types of problems usually sort themselves out.  Be patient, OP.
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 7:55:09 PM EDT
[#47]
Reasonable time of day driving responsibly other than annoyance, let it go.  Driving like a maniac…well that’s different
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 7:57:53 PM EDT
[#48]
Honestly it was not understanding why he was doing it that was really driving me nuts. He drives a really short pattern so its just constant revving past my house.

Now that someone suggested that he might be tuning it/random car things I will do my best to ignore it until it goes away or becomes a real issue
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 8:00:43 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, for about 10 minutes a year.
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 8:00:48 PM EDT
[#50]
I hate loud cars, assholes like to redline their hoopties around here at midnight.

Then you have joe harley, takes it slow on the main road and revs er up when he hits the residential street at 1 AM.

Its all I have not to introduce either to some 00.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top