User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 12/4/2023 10:52:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Any airbag deployment?
Link Posted: 12/4/2023 10:54:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:  You have to borrow your wife’s truck to go camping?
View Quote
My other vehicle is a McLaren !
Link Posted: 12/4/2023 10:55:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
You have to borrow your wife’s truck to go camping?
View Quote

I mean.... I did leave her a diesel Ram 4500 with a ranch body last time I borrowed her tacoma.
Link Posted: 12/4/2023 11:01:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Do insurance companies cover off roading stuff?
Link Posted: 12/4/2023 11:03:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Wouldn't be the first person to drive it outside the entrance of the OHV area and put it in a ditch and say "Oh no, a deer ran out in front of me!"
Link Posted: 12/4/2023 11:04:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Thank you , this confirms my bias that Toyota Tacomas are piles of shit.
Link Posted: 12/4/2023 11:04:57 AM EDT
[#7]
wheres the truck?  
Link Posted: 12/4/2023 11:06:14 AM EDT
[#8]
That was gonna happen!
Link Posted: 12/4/2023 11:10:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Lemme guess.

That nice soft sand berm was, in fact, not so soft?
View Quote
Sometimes they are too soft allowing the tires to dig in.  I had to replace the lower pan on my SR5 twice, but at least it was an $89 dollar sheet metal part that came painted.  4 bolts and done.  

OP's damage I would guess is north of $5K.  A very slightly bent bumper on my 2024 RAM was estimated at $2800.  I will pocket the check and straighten it myself.
Link Posted: 12/4/2023 11:11:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
You have to borrow your wife's truck to go camping?
View Quote

I used to have to.  My other car was a Harley.
Link Posted: 12/4/2023 11:12:19 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Could be a couple thousand dollars in damage.
View Quote

Pffft... that'd be parts alone from the looks of it.
Link Posted: 12/4/2023 11:14:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
In the first photo your truck looks like the face of a ninja turtle figurine
View Quote

Shredder?
Link Posted: 12/4/2023 11:16:40 AM EDT
[#13]
Just use her best kitchen knife to cut all the plastic and sheet metal parts off, no big deal.
Link Posted: 12/4/2023 11:16:56 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Could be a couple thousand dollars in damage.
View Quote

Way more than that, thats more than just a jacked up front end. There's suspension damage there as well, and more than likely frame damage.
Link Posted: 12/4/2023 11:19:30 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I watched a dude nose dive a late '70s Bronco into the face of some dirt bike whoops when he launched off the first one and hit the second one like a lawn dart. Bent the frame and the radiator got eaten by the fan. I'm guessing the OP did something similar?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Did more with my Bronco.  It was like wheeling a big comfy couch.
I watched a dude nose dive a late '70s Bronco into the face of some dirt bike whoops when he launched off the first one and hit the second one like a lawn dart. Bent the frame and the radiator got eaten by the fan. I'm guessing the OP did something similar?

My guess is rolling whoops and the suspension compressed enough that the front end dug into the face of the next whoop.
Link Posted: 12/4/2023 11:19:35 AM EDT
[#16]
You're lucky the airbags didn't deploy.
Link Posted: 12/4/2023 11:20:32 AM EDT
[#17]
I did worse leaving the parking lot at Roberto’s in Mammoth
Link Posted: 12/4/2023 11:22:50 AM EDT
[#18]
I think op died of gayness.
Link Posted: 12/4/2023 11:26:20 AM EDT
[#19]
Toyota bros got to know their limitations.
Link Posted: 12/4/2023 11:43:36 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Generally on public road op only. Closed course and Off Road, not so much, but it's dependent. There's riders or endorsements for some risks with some mainstream carriers, in other cases you need separate specialty coverage.

Link Posted: 12/4/2023 11:44:35 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:  You have to borrow your wife's truck to go camping?
My other vehicle is a McLaren !https://i0.wp.com/www.motoringresearch.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/McLaren-600LT-GlobalTestDrive-040.jpg?resize=1500%2C1000&ssl=1

Lol for a brief moment I thought I knew you

Link Posted: 12/4/2023 11:46:57 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Hold for more pics later
View Quote

@dupemaster

Crescent Bar just off of 28 before Trinidad?
Link Posted: 12/4/2023 11:52:55 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

My guess is rolling whoops and the suspension compressed enough that the front end dug into the face of the next whoop.
View Quote
Nope, full on launched off the first one, front tires were completely off the ground, bumper drove straight into the face of the next one, these were big/deep natural terrain whoops. The best part it happened right in front of the camp site where we were taking a break between rides and had front row seats.

One of the biggest things I miss about California was the riding at the Hungry Valley (Gorman) OHV park, great riding and great entertainment watching the carnage.
Link Posted: 12/4/2023 11:56:56 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Nope, full on launched off the first one, front tires were completely off the ground, bumper drove straight into the face of the next one, these were big/deep natural terrain whoops. The best part it happened right in front of the camp site where we were taking a break between rides and had front row seats.

One of the biggest things I miss about California was the riding at the Hungry Valley (Gorman) OHV park, great riding and great entertainment watching the carnage.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Used to be an awesome state before it went full in retard. Loved to go stay with family in SoCal. Now it’s been destroyed. Fuck the left!
Link Posted: 12/4/2023 11:58:28 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
wtf did you do, try and jump it and did a nose dive or something?

That thing is jacked, bet insurance totals it.
View Quote

I’m thinking it’s totaled also.

In for the outcome.
Link Posted: 12/4/2023 12:02:17 PM EDT
[#26]
But, but, but honeybuns, jumping the dune works in all the commercials! They wouldn't put it on TV if it weren't true!

Did you at least let someone else hold your beer?
Link Posted: 12/4/2023 12:02:41 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

used to be an awesome state before it went full in retard. Loved to go stay with family in SoCal. Now it's been destroyed.
View Quote
I left in 2003 it was quickly going to shit by then, it's worse now. I got a tempting job offer to move back to CA with a company supporting Space-X at Vandenberg AFB/Lompoc but I'm not going back.

Link Posted: 12/4/2023 12:16:18 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I left in 2003 it was quickly going to shit by then, it's worse now. I got a tempting job offer to move back to CA with a company supporting Space-X at Vandenberg AFB/Lompoc but I'm not going back.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

used to be an awesome state before it went full in retard. Loved to go stay with family in SoCal. Now it's been destroyed.

Same here left in 01, well I should clarify I would go work for my uncle so I never officially lived there but would go for extended periods of time when things were slow here. My dad and uncle actually had a joint owned company with one down in southern cali and the other up here.  Saw the decline in the what early to mid 90’s. Truly sad like how that disease has destroyed all three west coast states.
Link Posted: 12/4/2023 12:18:13 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

In for the outcome.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
wtf did you do, try and jump it and did a nose dive or something?

That thing is jacked, bet insurance totals it.

In for the outcome.

It's possible it's totaled, but book value on that Tacoma is high enough that there's a large margin for an expensive repair.
Link Posted: 12/4/2023 12:20:30 PM EDT
[#30]
Bent frame...ouch.
Link Posted: 12/4/2023 12:23:47 PM EDT
[#31]
Your on the couch for awhile.....IF you can get in the front door.
Link Posted: 12/4/2023 12:27:58 PM EDT
[#32]
Have fun with the insurance adjuster on that one.
Link Posted: 12/4/2023 12:32:44 PM EDT
[#33]
No updates? Someone who knows the OP should go do a welfare check.
Link Posted: 12/4/2023 12:52:42 PM EDT
[#34]
Surprised you didn't get an airbag deployment out of that.

Every few events, we'll have someone with an airbag deployment from hitting a berm.
Link Posted: 12/4/2023 12:52:53 PM EDT
[#35]
OP's about to go on another fast to afford the repairs.
Link Posted: 12/4/2023 1:47:50 PM EDT
[#36]
i may or may not have known a guy years ago that hit some shit while driving drunk and he knew the next day dealing with insurance would be a pita. he got a roadkill deer and set it up on a saw horse and drove into it at ~60mph wearing shoulder pads and a motorcycle helmet
Link Posted: 12/4/2023 2:20:16 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
i may or may not have known a guy years ago that hit some shit while driving drunk and he knew the next day dealing with insurance would be a pita. he got a roadkill deer and set it up on a saw horse and drove into it at ~60mph wearing shoulder pads and a motorcycle helmet
View Quote

Normally I used to condone stuff like that, but now after unnecessary battles with insurance adjusters as well as my rates going up for zero claims I’m of the attitude of what ever it takes and fuck ‘em. Really nothing more then legal racketeering.
Link Posted: 12/4/2023 2:25:55 PM EDT
[#38]
I’m surprised that so many people are posting that it’s totaled.

Due to the high value of vehicles right now, they try some pretty extensive repairs. A guy on a Raptor group I’m on was forced into a frame replacement due to the repair value vs total value estimates
Link Posted: 12/4/2023 2:28:04 PM EDT
[#39]
Stock Taco bro sent it
Link Posted: 12/4/2023 2:40:29 PM EDT
[#40]
I'm no expert but that frame looks like it took damage to me also.  That's why you get a sxs, atv or an old truck to offroad with.  Unless you can afford buy a new one.
Link Posted: 12/4/2023 2:43:58 PM EDT
[#41]
Since that’s your truck now what do you think she’ll pick out?

Another Tacoma?

Link Posted: 12/4/2023 2:48:38 PM EDT
[#42]
It's a Toyota thing...
Link Posted: 12/4/2023 2:50:24 PM EDT
[#43]
Pretty sure it's called "OVERlanding", not "THROUGHlanding".

Although is does look like you did over send....then over land.
Link Posted: 12/4/2023 2:53:18 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Pretty sure it's called "OVERlanding", not "THROUGHlanding".

Although is does look like you did over send....then over land.
View Quote

Them dupe boys are at it again
Link Posted: 12/4/2023 2:57:58 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Thank you , this confirms my bias that Toyota Tacomas are piles of shit.
View Quote

Here's the F-150 that was behind him and hit the same embankment.

Link Posted: 12/4/2023 3:09:30 PM EDT
[#46]
Not just the front end - the hood, windshield, fenders, are all out whack too.
Who knows if frame is ok

I am guessing $10,325 or two cans of Bondo and 3 of rubbing compound and a case of groveling once OP gets home.
Link Posted: 12/4/2023 6:09:57 PM EDT
[#47]
Just back it into the driveway and maybe she won't notice.

Link Posted: 12/4/2023 6:24:24 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Just back it into the driveway and maybe she won't notice.

View Quote

No kidding, then ask her what happened when she gets back home. I did that once about 25-30 years ago. Worked to I was leaving my at the time girlfriends house now wife early in the AM and backed into her rear quarter panel creasing it pretty bad. Well she got home from work that night and told me her car had gotten hit during lunch when he ran to the store. Was passed someone would do that and not tell the person they hit. Talk about having to keep a straight face.
Link Posted: 12/4/2023 6:31:33 PM EDT
[#49]
OP caught air!

I wonder if the bed touched the cab?

ETA - Reminded me of one of the last video's I watched.

Ultimate Crash Battle! Raptor FULL Send to FLAT, Jeep Rubicon gets ROLLED by the Whoops
Link Posted: 12/4/2023 6:38:14 PM EDT
[#50]
@OP take it to a body shop and bring it back looking like this and she may let you live..

Attachment Attached File
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top