Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 9:28:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Lol. That didn’t take long. And I agree with his reaction. Not a fan.
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 9:28:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
First release from soundtrack already up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRG9KwvbVhk
View Quote

No Mans Sky Welcome To Jurassic Park
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 9:30:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Having not played Halo, has the cast of characters always been so diverse? Everything else to date from paramount + has been over the top, woke fucking garbage.

Trying to get a feel if this is more par for the course paramount intersectionalist garbage or if there are legit only like 2 white people in the halo franchise?
View Quote

Yes Halo was always that diverse.

Link Posted: 1/30/2022 9:30:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Got my attention with Bokeem Woodbine...

...got more attention with Phil Collins
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 9:31:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Yeah I don't know why that would have been so hard to coordinate. Kinda jarring.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Master Chief’s voice isn’t the guy from the games. That bugs me.

Yeah I don't know why that would have been so hard to coordinate. Kinda jarring.

How do I know it isn't a different Master Chief, or like is a successor I don't know
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 9:36:44 PM EDT
[#6]
I'll watch it, got Paramount+ for free anyways and a female or black guy on tv doesn't upset me really.
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 9:39:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I think it’ll flop for the same reason as Game of Thrones. They put all their energies and money into stunning visuals and neglect the story.
View Quote

Game of Thrones flopped? I never watched it but it seemed pretty damn popular.
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 9:41:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Are we ever going to win this war? It's been going on for over 20 years!
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 9:42:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Looks like shit.  Different voice actor and Cortana looks retarded.
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 9:48:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I wrote a seven piece series that is a prequel to HALO, even pitched it to Eric Nylund.

His words, "Good luck."
View Quote

Do you have a sample online somewhere? I’ll give it a read!
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 9:53:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Are we ever going to win this war? It's been going on for over 20 years!
View Quote
The war against the Covenant ended with Halo 3 back in 2007.  There were some dead enders that got mopped up in H4 and H5.  Not sure why we're revisiting this with all the available lore.

This is going to be a big game where all the lore nuts point out everything that got retconned.  They wouldn't have that problem if they told a new story.
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 9:56:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Stupid double post
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 9:58:16 PM EDT
[#13]
The story will probably be poorly written, but they damn sure didn't go cheap on the visuals!

Huge Halo fan since the early 2000s. I don't count anything after Halo 3. So sue me...... But fingers crossed that I will be pleasantly surprised.

ETA: I'm guessing that's Admiral Hood in the trailer. Looks like they fucking nailed it with that actor.
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 10:02:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
The story will probably be poorly written, but they damn sure didn't go cheap on the visuals!

Huge Halo fan since the early 2000s. I don't count anything after Halo 3. So sue me...... But fingers crossed that I will be pleasantly surprised.

ETA: I'm guessing that's Admiral Hood in the trailer. Looks like they fucking nailed it with that actor.
View Quote

Halsey looks about right but Hood is perfect.
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 10:04:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Having not played Halo, has the cast of characters always been so diverse? Everything else to date from paramount + has been over the top, woke fucking garbage.

Trying to get a feel if this is more par for the course paramount intersectionalist garbage or if there are legit only like 2 white people in the halo franchise?
View Quote

Negative. The trailer makes it seem like it'll be faithful to the source material.
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 10:20:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

Give Halo Infinite a chance. It was a welcome surprise after Halo 3 and 4. Lots of potential for a really great story and the gameplay is fantastic IMO.
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 10:24:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Give Halo Infinite a chance. It was a welcome surprise after Halo 3 and 4. Lots of potential for a really great story and the gameplay is fantastic IMO.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Having not completed Halo 4. Because I couldn't get interested in the game, and hearing that halo 5 sucked balls. I figured you'd need to have beaten H4 and H5 in order to understand anything that's going on in Infinite?
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 10:27:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Having not completed Halo 4. Because I couldn't get interested in the game, and hearing that halo 5 sucked balls. I figured you'd need to have beaten H4 and H5 in order to understand anything that's going on in Infinite?
View Quote

I think they rely more on the books. But that said you don't need to play halo 4 or 5 or read the books to play Infinite.

Or just read the plot for 5 on Wikipedia. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halo_5:_Guardians#Plot I really haven't paid that close of attention to the story to know for sure but I really don't think you need all of the backstory. Infinite opens up with a whole new cast of core characters.
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 10:30:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Looks like shit.  Different voice actor and Cortana looks retarded.
View Quote
At least Jenn is still voicing Cortana.
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 2:53:43 AM EDT
[#20]
Sweeet, can't wait.
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 2:57:32 AM EDT
[#21]
holy shit that actually looks good
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 3:12:30 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Thought the same thing. Had a hint, but didn't quite get it.
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 4:16:42 AM EDT
[#23]
man, i'm a huge halo fan... i'm not all that excited after watching that trailer.

i really, really hope i'm wrong.
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 5:01:13 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I think they rely more on the books. But that said you don't need to play halo 4 or 5 or read the books to play Infinite.

Or just read the plot for 5 on Wikipedia. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halo_5:_Guardians#Plot I really haven't paid that close of attention to the story to know for sure but I really don't think you need all of the backstory. Infinite opens up with a whole new cast of core characters.
View Quote

This. Don't bother playing Halo 5, it was terrible. All I remember from the story was Cortana was going crazy and Master Chief was trying to find/save her. And you kept switching to playing as another Spartan trying to hunt down Master Chief, which was a bit jarring.
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 5:15:50 AM EDT
[#25]
They'd better cover the Spartan 1.1's.....
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 5:22:47 AM EDT
[#26]
the master chief sounds like Nathan Fillion

he doesn't have to be the character, they could just be using his voice

is he still in that police show?
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 5:22:53 AM EDT
[#27]
WTF? Cortana is supposed to be modeled after a young Dr. Halsey. Since Halsey in this series is played by Natascha McElhone then she should look more like this:

Link Posted: 1/31/2022 5:25:27 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No Infinite does a good enough wrapping all that up it isn't really necessary. They brought the lead writer in from the original games to do Infinite so the story telling and lore is there.

Infinite is meant to be a platform and all halo for the immediate future -10+ years- is going to be built on halo infinite. Whether that comes through as DLC or some other means I'm not sure.

As for the show... I am expecting a luke warm show that only intends to throw enough character names and green suits around to make money. Not build on the franchise.
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 5:54:17 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

No, he sounds like Pedro Pascal.

Which I'm sure wouldn't happen to have any relation to trying to capture the success of another major SF series that recently made the jump to television...
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 5:58:12 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
No love for ODST’s.
View Quote

ODST's were always cooler than Spartans.

I enjoyed that game more than any of the other HALO games by far.

Halo 3: ODST - Live Action Movie (Extended Version) | HD
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 7:10:05 AM EDT
[#31]
It does look awesome.
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 9:23:46 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
WTF? Cortana is supposed to be modeled after a young Dr. Halsey. Since Halsey in this series is played by Natascha McElhone then she should look more like this:

https://image.tmdb.org/t/p/original/9pxaoasotR1pdCXYSfN1pkm0geO.jpg
View Quote

Cortana in Halo 4 was great, I thought. Well written, well acted; an integral part of the story.

But, since they ditched that and went with crazy Cortana in Halo 5, I guess we should be ready for the worst…
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 9:42:14 AM EDT
[#33]
I believe the fellow who played the main bad guy in "Den of Thieves," Pablo Schrieber, is cast as MC.  I had to look all of this up, because I read "Pablo" and thought about that woke asshole that fucks Mando up, but it is not.

It will likely be "woke" bullshit.  At least it's not some remake of another "Halo" series that was on TV 15 years ago...I guess.
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 10:05:40 AM EDT
[#34]
Off world rebels/insurrectionists fielding AKs  four hundred and seventy plus years from now? Mmm k.
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 10:16:34 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Which I'm sure wouldn't happen to have any relation to trying to capture the success of another major SF series that recently made the jump to television...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pablo Schreiber that played Kris Paronto in 13 hours is Master Chief
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 10:36:18 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Pablo Schreiber that played Kris Paronto in 13 hours is Master Chief
View Quote

Yeah when I saw he was the actor my first thought was that he was likely too much of a big name for them to pull a Dearth Vader voice over with the actual guy that voices Master Chief.

I’m middle of the road on this, they’ve been trying to get something Halo to the screen for years now. Trailer looks decent, but at the same time, the games and everything else have a pretty definitive story, so this is likely to have several deals that break from the halo universe story line. They’re somewhat in the position of Star Wars before the 3 newest movies and we all saw how well that needed up.

I’ll give it a shot, but I think it will likely come off cheap compared to the story and visuals in the games.
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 10:48:13 AM EDT
[#37]
The characters in the games were always pretty diverse, so no problem with that.

I like how they included Master Chief taking a gun from a Marine in the trailer .  

It looks a little...cheesy.  Then again, i'd expect it to with the amount of CGI that will have to be used.
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 10:51:57 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Yeah when I saw he was the actor my first thought was that he was likely too much of a big name for them to pull a Dearth Vader voice over with the actual guy that voices Master Chief.

I’m middle of the road on this, they’ve been trying to get something Halo to the screen for years now. Trailer looks decent, but at the same time, the games and everything else have a pretty definitive story, so this is likely to have several deals that break from the halo universe story line. They’re somewhat in the position of Star Wars before the 3 newest movies and we all saw how well that needed up.

I’ll give it a shot, but I think it will likely come off cheap compared to the story and visuals in the games.
View Quote

I'll give it a shot that's for sure. It beats 99% of the science fiction that's on TV right now
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 10:53:46 AM EDT
[#39]
I hate two things about this right off the bat- chief’s voice is wrong, and Cortana doesn’t look like Halo 4 Cortana.

Spoiler for those who haven’t played the games:
Cortana will always be halo 1- 4 for me, I don’t consider anything after that to be “her”

Link Posted: 1/31/2022 10:56:00 AM EDT
[#40]
Looks kinda woke-ish.
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 10:56:18 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 10:56:57 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe Downes was unavailable?   Seems unlikely
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 10:57:10 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe Downes was unavailable?   Seems unlikely

Edit: It's not like production companies haven't different physical and voice actors for one character before.

Link Posted: 1/31/2022 10:57:52 AM EDT
[#44]
double tap?
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 11:13:12 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
HALO is pretty much his entire career:

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm1091994/?ref_=tt_cl_t_4
View Quote
From IMBD:

When he arrived at a friends house in Florida, he was introduced to kids as "host of a Chicago radio show". Of course they were not impressed. However, he later noticed the kids playing Halo, and told them he was a character in the game. After cycling through multiple names, he finally revealed himself as Master Chief; kids from all around the block swarmed to the house to see him.
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 11:25:43 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Master Chief will be a woman.

The flood will be trannies.
View Quote

That was kinda the big twist with Metroid

master chief had to be a guy in this but a thicc Samus showing up in his crew wouldn't be the worst thing.
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 11:34:25 AM EDT
[#47]
Microsoft has said the show isn’t part of the same storyline as the games, presumably because the games aren’t woke or Hollywood-dumb enough for the “story” paramount wants to tell.

I am not looking forward to how they butcher this story and confuse newcomers to the games since they don’t link up.
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 12:19:25 PM EDT
[#48]
I don't get the Cortana hate. It's not like she had a consistent look in the video games.

BTW. Halo 2 and Halo 3 Cortana is best Cortana
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 12:28:43 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 12:47:32 PM EDT
[#50]
Looks bad, just my 2c
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top