[#2]
China map:

Link Posted: 1/23/2020 4:05:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 4:08:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

not really enough public info out there that i have seen. my guess right now is china doesn't want the publicity and international trade blackeye that SARS gave them. so far IMHO this is pretty much a non issue. that may change but i am just not seeing enough to make me think twice right now. but i am also now on the front lines and am pretty much at the mercy of the same news stories you read.
View Quote
Should one read into the fact that multiple cities and many millions of people are locked down?

What would it take for the US to impose quarantine on a similar scale?
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 4:08:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Yep. That's a China map.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 4:23:38 PM EDT
[#6]
A patient was admitted to Aultman Hospital in Canton Ohio with flu like symptoms that had recently traveled from China.  They called the CDC and went over their case and decided it didn't meet the criteria.   Just FYI
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 4:27:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
not really enough public info out there that i have seen. my guess right now is china doesn't want the publicity and international trade blackeye that SARS gave them. so far IMHO this is pretty much a non issue. that may change but i am just not seeing enough to make me think twice right now. but i am also now on the front lines and am pretty much at the mercy of the same news stories you read.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm curious as to what @The_Beer_Slayer 's opinion on this is.
Shoulda been more clear: as a guy who used to do that, what's your opinion on them using that kind of equipment in this kind of situation? Is it necessarily a bad thing or just cautious?
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 4:30:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Members, if you want a good giggle, go re-read the Ebola threads.

Several prominent posters humiliated themselves. Good times.
View Quote
It was almost entertaining.

But ultimately, it was sad.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 4:36:49 PM EDT
[#9]
According to Wiki, the Wuhan metro area population is 19 million.

Wiki
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 4:39:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Superflu?

The Stand?
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 4:41:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 4:43:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 4:48:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 5:29:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

when you're dealing with unknown bio, thats just standard precautions.

i will say this. when our team got a call to assist we always went full bore on gear. even if it was absolutely not needed, it looked good on TV and gave our team practice on working in it. so take that for what it's worth.
View Quote
@The_Beer_Slayer

So... Say I don’t have a problem with spending a few thousand on “bio hazard zombie apocalypse” PPE for my immediate family of four. Wife, two kids (under 10) and me.  What do I order from Amazon?

In other words... if you had to be walking the crowded streets of Wuhan right now, what would you be wearing, carrying, etc.?
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 5:32:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Eyes on....

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 5:34:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 5:38:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 5:48:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
To put this into perspective, what would you do if NYC, Chicago, L.A. and Houston were all suddenly on lock-down with crews running around in bio pressure suits? China doesn't do "drama queen" when it comes to things like this. In fact, they under react in most cases.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/309598/91fa54a9-c176-4447-a34c-789ee5f1f358_png-1246228.JPG
View Quote
This whole thing stinks. Especially how rapidly it's escalating. I've been speculating this might be a bio-weapon gone wrong, but regardless, China doesn't typically take these kind of precautions. I mean hell, their tap water is so hazardous that their own people won't drink it, and sanitize their dishes after hand washing them. Machine dishwashers are considered pointless there because the water is so toxic anyway. They don't tend to care about the general population that much. I'm thinking it is much worse there than they want it to seem.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 5:50:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote
That can't be legit. No way.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 5:55:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
See the white check mark to the right of the name? It is his verified account.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 6:06:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 6:28:57 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote
Let's add to the panic.

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 6:30:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote
"Hong Kong"

Called it.

"Where'd all the protestors go?"
"They, uh...they didn't make it."
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 6:30:32 PM EDT
[#24]
On the state level people are taking notes. As in updating vent totals/status, negative pressure room available/status,etc. So, state health departments are acknowledging and beginning the slow process of preparing just in case.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 6:32:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

See the white check mark to the right of the name? It is his verified account.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/309598/9D1D058D-DEEC-4BDD-ACE4-4F924CA2A363_jpe-1246405.JPG
View Quote
I was referring to the "build a hospital in 6 days" comment.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 6:49:47 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I was referring to the "build a hospital in 6 days" comment.
View Quote
Hospital, tent city, leper colony, morgue. Same thing.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 6:55:33 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote
FWIW it is EASY to build a hospital for the infected in 6 days. LOL. In communist countries with unarmed populations it is VERY easy to get the infected "taken care of" quickly.

Here are the blueprints... Fast, easy, cheap. You CAN have all 3.

Link Posted: 1/23/2020 6:56:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
In for the SHTF circle jerk

Be honest....how many of you maxed out the CC today on ammo, freeze dried food, and a shiny new generator?
View Quote
Ammo only, my neighbor is a fat, antigun electrical contractor.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 7:45:49 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Ammo only, my neighbor is a fat, antigun electrical contractor.
View Quote
When it comes to my wife and kids... Better safe than sorry. I live in the ATL area and we get a ton of traffic from Chai-nah.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 7:53:19 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
@The_Beer_Slayer

So... Say I don’t have a problem with spending a few thousand on “bio hazard zombie apocalypse” PPE for my immediate family of four. Wife, two kids (under 10) and me.  What do I order from Amazon?

In other words... if you had to be walking the crowded streets of Wuhan right now, what would you be wearing, carrying, etc.?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

when you're dealing with unknown bio, thats just standard precautions.

i will say this. when our team got a call to assist we always went full bore on gear. even if it was absolutely not needed, it looked good on TV and gave our team practice on working in it. so take that for what it's worth.
@The_Beer_Slayer

If you're going to be in close contact recommended PPE is gloves, gown, NIOSH certified disposable N95 respirator mask and eye protection.  Try to avoid prolonged exposure to sick individuals, and avoid direct contact (getting coughed on). Wash/sanitize your hands often and try not to touch your face, pick your nose etc.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 8:01:27 PM EDT
[#31]
Supposedly, this virus has a 10 day incubation period.

Meaning, it's all over the planet now.

Link Posted: 1/23/2020 8:34:26 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

If you're going to be in close contact recommended PPE is gloves, gown, NIOSH certified disposable N95 respirator mask and eye protection.  Try to avoid prolonged exposure to sick individuals, and avoid direct contact (getting coughed on). Wash/sanitize your hands often and try not to touch your face, pick your nose etc.  
View Quote
Thanks! I’ll double check my Amazon orders.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 8:48:18 PM EDT
[#34]
I would start to worry when Israel is finishing up a wall......
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 9:06:52 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Thanks! I’ll double check my Amazon orders.
View Quote
I’d be spraying my Amazon orders down with Lysol. Assuming Lysol kills coronavirus.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 9:13:38 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I’d be spraying my Amazon orders down with Lysol. Assuming Lysol kills coronavirus.
View Quote
LOL... but you do have a point.

Also,

(Tweet links to a NYPost article)
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 9:28:28 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 9:37:22 PM EDT
[#38]
Fuck China
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 9:47:31 PM EDT
[#39]
here's an interesting forum I found on another site that is updated with legitimate press releases from within China.  It's non-sensationalistic and pretty dry reading, but its just facts, which is what I am looking for.  I believe the link will go to the page with the most recent posts on it at the time that I post it, but as time goes it will of course have additional pages added to it.

https://flutrackers.com/forum/forum/-2019-ncov-new-coronavirus/china-2019-ncov/821830-china-2019-ncov-cases-in-several-provinces-and-cities-including-confirmed-health-care-workers-at-least-17-deaths/page37
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 9:48:21 PM EDT
[#40]
So did some entrepreneuring lab worker decide to sell off some lab animals he was supposed to destroy for food to someone?
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 9:53:55 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
here's an interesting forum I found on another site that is updated with legitimate press releases from within China.  It's non-sensationalistic and pretty dry reading, but its just facts, which is what I am looking for.  I believe the link will go to the page with the most recent posts on it at the time that I post it, but as time goes it will of course have additional pages added to it.

https://flutrackers.com/forum/forum/-2019-ncov-new-coronavirus/china-2019-ncov/821830-china-2019-ncov-cases-in-several-provinces-and-cities-including-confirmed-health-care-workers-at-least-17-deaths/page37
View Quote
Given all of the leaked videos of dead and unconscious people, the fact that they've now quarantined eight cities, and are going around spraying disinfectants (allegedly even air dropping them based on one source I've seen) I don't really believe anything coming out of a Chinese press release. I think their number of infected and dead are much higher.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 9:59:16 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Given all of the leaked videos of dead and unconscious people, the fact that they've now quarantined eight cities, and are going around spraying disinfectants (allegedly even air dropping them based on one source I've seen) I don't really believe anything coming out of a Chinese press release. I think their number of infected and dead are much higher.
View Quote
serious question, at what point do they stop counting dead in an epidemic/max casualty widestpread event>?
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 9:59:34 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 10:08:05 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

So did some entrepreneuring lab worker decide to sell off some lab animals he was supposed to destroy for food to someone?
View Quote
non zero probability
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 10:10:23 PM EDT
[#45]
Didn't take long for the food riots to start. (Arfcom doesn't support moon rune, you have to click on it to see the video)

Also cruising through Japanese twitter right now and the samurai people sure ain't too happy about this spreading there. One guy doesn't want to go outside because there's too many Chinese tourists in his area, and some are apparently calling for a ban on travel from china.

ETA:Quite a lot of Japanese are calling for a travel ban, and think Abe is putting tourist money over the well being of society.

Link Posted: 1/23/2020 10:24:03 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

serious question, at what point do they stop counting dead in an epidemic/max casualty widestpread event>?
View Quote
In this Country? Never. The dead just magically become Democrat voters.

Biden in a LANDSLIDE!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 10:29:31 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote
When the people's whose job it is to count are sick or dead.
Or of course when they realize counting no longer matters.
Typically you collect data until there is no need to.
If preservation of society is no longer feasible, there is no need to
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 10:40:19 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I would start to worry when Israel is finishing up a wall......
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 10:41:13 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 10:46:06 PM EDT
[#50]
View Quote
There's no way he's not larping. I could have made the same posts based on what I know.
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top