Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/4/2022 8:57:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Would one need a license to purchase blasting caps?  Make your own?  Is it easy to make and can you get them easily off market?
Link Posted: 4/4/2022 9:02:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/4/2022 9:04:41 PM EDT
[#3]
You need a license to buy detonators and explosives since the passage of the Safe Explosives Act.
Link Posted: 4/4/2022 9:06:46 PM EDT
[#4]
If I were European I would call the authorities

thankfully I'm not European
Link Posted: 4/4/2022 9:08:04 PM EDT
[#5]
“MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!”

My evil laughter would be heard three counties over.
Link Posted: 4/4/2022 9:18:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Someone found a Corvette under some boards?
Weird.
Link Posted: 4/4/2022 9:31:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The 4th of July would be a memorable one...
View Quote

There would be a story about a refrigerator hitting the ISS.  Film at 11.
Link Posted: 4/4/2022 9:44:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/4/2022 9:45:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/4/2022 10:04:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Here’s a real life scenario.  Yes this really happened.  

CIA, ATF, FBI, EOD are having a training weekend.  The training involves hiding dummy bombs made from REAL C4 on public school property including in and around school buses.  

Training goes as planned and everyone goes home with some new knowledge in the realm of bombs.  School bus driver comes in on Monday to start their route.  During their pre trip inspection they find a “bomb” under the hood of their bus.

Should the bus driver call the cops or take home their new found device?

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/4/2022 10:09:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/4/2022 10:13:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

you can make a really nice bonfire out of it.
View Quote
This, unless you like drama, just separate it from the detonators, and burn it.
Nevermind, not that I think of it you would still deal with the drama over the detonators.... best to as another poster mentioned to get a bill of sale on the guns, and tell them to have tha agent in charge to put it back where they got it.

Link Posted: 4/4/2022 10:41:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
50lbs of C4 in the neighbors house?

Man I dont know what I'd do if I found 25lbs of C4.

Got a buddy that was in demolition, I'd probably call and ask what a fellow would do with 10lbs of C4.

Might call the extension agent and see if 2lbs of that stuff would be any good for clearing out a beaver dam.

Idk. An egg full of weird silly putty, I'd probably just toss it in the barn and not think about it again.
View Quote

This seems reasonable to me.
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 5:09:56 AM EDT
[#14]
I'm going fishing.  

Link Posted: 4/5/2022 9:41:35 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Would one need a license to purchase blasting caps?  Make your own?  Is it easy to make and can you get them easily off market?
View Quote

IIRC, there's no federal laws against manufacturing explosives. It's the sale, storage, and transportation that's all regulated.

But, if you're making high explosives and detonating them on private property, I imagine some .gov agents somewhere will be formulating some conspiracy charges against you sooner than later

I don't think the feds care about low order, detonate on site targets like tannerite though. The big exploding target shoots out west were pretty well under the radar til that time someone "diverted" a truckload of aluminum powder from the government for their club tannerite shoots
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top