BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 11:27:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Ehhh.....it's not simply a case of them being overweight (even if they have no other DQ conditions).  If that was the issue, yeah, you'd be right....and better/controlled eating combined with PT and general activity would cure it.  

However, it's a case of them ALSO being totally sedentary for most of their lives.  Medical probably wouldn't allow you to just PT them to fitness, as you'd probably end up with an unacceptable injury (and thus, delay/end of training) or even death rate.  A lot of those kids would have coronaries/strokes if you forced them to run (sometimes even just walk) a mile.

The time required to slowly cycle them up to being capable of intense physical exercise is....unrealistic for military purposes.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/3/2023 11:29:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

No one actually listens to advice.  Kids learn stuff the hard way when they’re in their 20s.  If someone had a streak of luck or did the right thing because they had an unusual amount of self awareness and introspective ability, every adult who gave them “advice” takes credit for it.
View Quote

i disagree. i've learned plenty of lessons the hard way but going to the military was not one of them. my old man said he would kill me if i tried. was he serious? enough so that i wasn't going to bet him on it.

my sons will not be going either. at least as long as i have a pulse.
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 11:36:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

i disagree. i've learned plenty of lessons the hard way but going to the military was not one of them. my old man said he would kill me if i tried. was he serious? enough so that i wasn't going to bet him on it.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No one actually listens to advice.  Kids learn stuff the hard way when they’re in their 20s.  If someone had a streak of luck or did the right thing because they had an unusual amount of self awareness and introspective ability, every adult who gave them “advice” takes credit for it.

You showed him!
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 11:41:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I thought being fat, mentally ill and on drugs was who they were recruiting these days.

They don't want straight white men.
View Quote

Yeah if you are trans then you don’t have to meet PT standards or be deployed, so the story says.
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 11:56:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

You showed him!
View Quote

showed him what? after spending the most valuable years of his life getting shot at for a corrupt govt he didn't want his son to do the same. i was supposed to disobey his desire to impress you?

my sons will not come back in a bag because a pedophile like biden decided they need more trans rights in botswana. he can send his own kid. and youre free to send yours. its a deeply flawed and failing country, and until a serious change occurs my kids are busy. sorry.
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 12:02:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Lol
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 12:03:34 AM EDT
[#7]
I'll bet 77% aren't getting hired right now either.
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 12:25:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

showed him what? after spending the most valuable years of his life getting shot at for a corrupt govt he didn't want his son to do the same. i was supposed to disobey his desire to impress you?

my sons will not come back in a bag because a pedophile like biden decided they need more trans rights in botswana. he can send his own kid. and youre free to send yours. its a deeply flawed and failing country, and until a serious change occurs my kids are busy. sorry.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You showed him!

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 9:38:59 AM EDT
[#9]
We went to a party last night. Big annual party we attend almost every year.

Lots of high school aged kids there this year, and about half of them were soft as fuck. Doughy and just.....soft. Same applies to the 20 year old group. They were either in good shape, or in really really bad shape, no in between it seemed.

Interestingly, a lot of the people my age weren't in as bad of shape as usual. I think a lot of people I went to school with are getting their shit more squared away and losing weight as they reach 40 years old. Some of the women that really ballooned up after having kids were obviously much more fit than the last time I saw them, and some were at basically their high school weight.

The older folks, another half and half split. Some of them were in great shape, and others were barely mobile and huge.
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 9:43:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Don’t need em…never did
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 9:47:57 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

They didn't let you eat?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It’s amazing what southern heat, no eating for 2 weeks and 6 canteens a day will do for your waistline.

Lackland AFB, Aug 06… I can still remember my feet burning in black boots on the black tar drill pad.

They didn't let you eat?

No kidding.  We ate three meals a day and got ice cream after dinner if you finished your dinner fast enough.
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 9:51:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Run the fatties until they aren't fat anymore. Problem solved.
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 10:01:41 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
We systemically inculcated a hatred of the nation & demonized love of nation and are surprised there is a major shortage young willing to sacrifice nationalist goals.
View Quote

more like we sacrificed a Godly nation for one run by a cabal of demons...and they are not worth fighting for or putting our children's lives on the line for...
imo
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 10:04:01 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
We went to a party last night. Big annual party we attend almost every year.

Lots of high school aged kids there this year, and about half of them were soft as fuck. Doughy and just.....soft. Same applies to the 20 year old group. They were either in good shape, or in really really bad shape, no in between it seemed.

Interestingly, a lot of the people my age weren't in as bad of shape as usual. I think a lot of people I went to school with are getting their shit more squared away and losing weight as they reach 40 years old. Some of the women that really ballooned up after having kids were obviously much more fit than the last time I saw them, and some were at basically their high school weight.

The older folks, another half and half split. Some of them were in great shape, and others were barely mobile and huge.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/4/2023 10:08:54 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

No kidding.  We ate three meals a day and got ice cream after dinner if you finished your dinner fast enough.
View Quote
When I went to basic we ate three meals a day, could even have one glass of soda if we finished our two glasses of water.

Only the fat kids couldn't have cake.

Fast forward when I was a Infantry Drill SGT it was the same, except no soda.

They burn lots of calories, even the fat kids were thinner by graduation.
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 10:16:25 AM EDT
[#16]
fat? nothing a second round of boot camp won't fix...
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 12:18:20 PM EDT
[#17]
So in a nutshell we created a society in which everyone has to go to college, and then don't consider those in college (including trade schools) for eligibility statistics for the military, and then act surprised that the remaining outliers are outliers.  Maybe it's time to consider that the stat is not pulling the right data pool for the reality in which we live.
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 12:50:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Bring back the draft.

Problem solved.
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 1:04:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Bring back the draft.

Problem solved.
View Quote

A lot of good could come from that.

Draftees can't be much worse than the people who are only there, because it's their best career option.
Most of the people who join for pay and benefits, suck real bad. Fucking DMV workers. Most don't really want to be there, or do any better job than a draftee anyway. And a draftee has a chance of having a better IQ.

The capable guys who actually volunteer and want to serve something bigger than themselves, will be there, doing 87% of things anyway. That is presuming that the military is worth a shit, and defending things that matter once in a while. That presumption seems to be more in question every year.

But we care more about corruption, being politically correct and feelings, than fielding a capable military.

As long as the geriatric boomer fucks in charge, don't fuck up our strategic deterrent completely, our biggest concerns are domestic. Depending on your view of the direction of our government, a fat and useless conventional military might just make America more safe.
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 2:56:39 PM EDT
[#20]
The problem with the Draft (which, note, doesn't address the problem that the OP points out, namely that the great majority of Military Age Males aren't physically/otherwise capable of service) is that it's inherently unfair.  Your number comes up, you interrupt your life to go Soldier......and the majority of your friends/cohort don't have to (as we flatly couldn't afford to Draft more than a fraction of the population reaching Military Age each year).  So the people with bad luck are 2-3 years behind the larger number of people whose number didn't come up.

The Draft only really worked when it was used as a control mechanism in WWII, to prevent literally everyone from trying to Enlist at the same time.  

Conscription sort of needs to be Universal, or not at all.

The French even found a solution to the problem of "rewarding" criminals (as criminals would normally be ineligible for Service).....by assigning Conscripts with criminal records to the Bats d'Af (Light Infantry Battalions of Africa), which were "hard duty"/Zero-Tolerance penal units that built roads and infrastructure in North Africa, when they weren't fighting a counterguerilla war against vicious local tribesmen.
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 9:55:30 PM EDT
[#21]
I weighed in for Basic in 1983 at 125 lbs having graduated High School a month or so before. I think there were 2 guys in my platoon that were overweight. One graduated the other they kept right through graduation and told him he didn't make it, pretty sure they didn't recycle him but sent him home. On an unrelated note my 40th HS class reunion is next weekend and I'm interested in seeing what shape most of us are going to be in.
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 11:11:03 PM EDT
[#22]

"The School Where Fitness Counts" (LaSierra High PE)

Try getting something like that in to a public school today.  Either it's "Fascist"/Unfair (from the lefty Teacher's perspective) or the Football/Basketball/Baseball Coach (whichever runs the school's Cash Cow Team) will object because it interferes with their team's workout schedule.
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 11:40:30 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGa6BPj3Mcw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmNLwMJNak0

Try getting something like that in to a public school today.  Either it's "Fascist"/Unfair (from the lefty Teacher's perspective) or the Football/Basketball/Baseball Coach (whichever runs the school's Cash Cow Team) will object because it interferes with their team's workout schedule.
View Quote

Within reason, athletes should not have to do PE during an ongoing season.
Something is very wrong with your athletic teams and programs, if your practices for your teams aren't harder and producing better conditioned athletes, than a general PE class.
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 11:44:25 PM EDT
[#24]
All according to plan.
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 11:52:33 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Run the fatties until they aren't fat anymore. Problem solved.
View Quote

Have you seen these worthless turds today? They would literally crumple to the ground crying. You would need a flatbed trailer and a forklift to lift the crying sacks of shit off the ground because they would refuse to move.

Most of them can't run to begin with. They face serious knee, ankle and hip issues even trying to run.
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 12:21:46 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Something is very wrong with your athletic teams and programs, if your practices for your teams aren't harder and producing better conditioned athletes, than a general PE class.
View Quote

Wasn't arguing that.  Merely pointing out that there's multiple "interest groups" in schools that, intentionally or unintentionally, make a serious PE program hard to impose.
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 12:37:17 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
what kind of shit parents let their kids end up like that?
View Quote

Parent.....good chance the one parent is on various destructive prescriptions themselves.
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 12:39:31 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Yep, at least most of them won't have the military brain washing them into believing that a guy can be a gal.
On the other hand.........
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Those kids may end up being the lucky ones.

Yep, at least most of them won't have the military brain washing them into believing that a guy can be a gal.
On the other hand.........

Some chance the anti woke hard working kids from middle America would be the first ones they try and draft.
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 12:41:27 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Wasn't arguing that.  Merely pointing out that there's multiple "interest groups" in schools that, intentionally or unintentionally, make a serious PE program hard to impose.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree with you on that. But in most cases, they just need to be told to STFU and do some laps.
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 1:24:19 AM EDT
[#30]
Number seems low.
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 1:32:18 AM EDT
[#31]
All part of the plan.
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 2:43:09 AM EDT
[#32]
Good thing we just adopted a heavy, bloated, magnum cartridge rifle for everyone to carry.
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 5:01:25 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
We need bodies to go to war, the fatties will be road guards.  Between that and forced diet they will lose weight fast.
View Quote

Good-quality food and regular physical activity will do the job. Not everyone needs to meet SOCOM standards.
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 5:04:05 PM EDT
[#34]
Everyone is mentally ill to some degree. Some don’t know it, some hide it better than others, and some are outright loons
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 5:08:18 PM EDT
[#35]
And the rest of the young Americans who aren't obese, mentally ill, or on drugs, do not want to join to serve this corrupt, faggot, nightmarish government.
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top