Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 7:40:07 PM EDT
[#1]
A shark or a gator, no big deal we see them often here.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 8:19:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Picture is missing a drunken Florida Man jumping on its back and riding it
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 8:25:36 PM EDT
[#3]

That
Was
Fucking
Cool
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 8:29:28 PM EDT
[#4]
I grew up in part in St. Petersburg, FL.  That isn't all that uncommon. Fisherman would pull up all sorts of shark off of the piers.

Right off of the end of my grandparents dock was a 30ft channel for boats. It wasn't unusual for shark to swim up into the fingers along those channels searching for mullet or sheepshead.

When my dad was little he was a member of the sea-scouts (a break off of the Boy Scouts that was more marine based). He would pal around with all of the other little kids and go play out in the water.  The area around Clearwater and Pete is full of the critters. Largely because at that time it was sparsely populated by humans and covered in mangrove swamps (hatcheries for young fish).
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 8:34:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Fuck, no.

Other divers tease me because I say I won't dive salt water. Hello, sharks! Nope nope nope. I'll take the 38 degree water I dove (albeit very briefly) on Saturday rather than deal with stuff that could eat me. I'll be in the Great Lakes a lot this summer. There is nothing in there that can eat me.

Great Lakes: unsalted and shark free.

Link Posted: 2/22/2017 8:44:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
my mother lives in that town!
View Quote
Don't everbodies?

That's about 25 miles south of here....Sharks in the water, shocking!
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 8:50:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Py9xepA8F8I

From a few years back but still NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE
View Quote

On the gulf, we saw four large bulls in about a foot or two of water. They ere chasing mullet almost on the beach.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 8:51:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Some of us feel like man-eating animals are best "expunged" from human-inhabited areas. It's just a little safety thing, you know; has nothing to do with penis size. I'd hate for a kid to fall in there and get swallowed whole before he or she could get out.

(And yes, I feel exactly the same way about croc's and gators, poisonous snakes, lions and tigers, grizzly bear, rogue elephants, and scorpions.)
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
lol at the retards saying shoot it.

why do people on this board need to kill everything and anythign they're scared of?  small penis syndrome?    
Some of us feel like man-eating animals are best "expunged" from human-inhabited areas. It's just a little safety thing, you know; has nothing to do with penis size. I'd hate for a kid to fall in there and get swallowed whole before he or she could get out.

(And yes, I feel exactly the same way about croc's and gators, poisonous snakes, lions and tigers, grizzly bear, rogue elephants, and scorpions.)

The world is a scary place, best for you to stay indoors.  Living along a waterway which is one with the ocean brings certain risks.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 9:42:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

The world is a scary place, best for you to stay indoors.  Living along a waterway which is one with the ocean brings certain risks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

why do people on this board need to kill everything and anythign they're scared of?  small penis syndrome?    

It is moronic to simply do nothing to reduce life safety risks.  Inshalah...bullshit.

There are good reasons that your ancestors killed all the grizzlies, mountain lions, and wolves that used to roam where you live...they eat people.  

Modern disney society may teach you that things will just magically leave you alone and that you can "coexist"...but in reality, that only works part of the time.  Apex predators eat.  It is what they do.  Kill them or they kill you.  

Kill them to a level where they are no longer a threat to you or yours.  

Your ancestors knew this as they got to experience those apex predators first hand.  

Disney lied to you.  Bambi was fiction.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 10:02:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Concussion grenade wrapped in meat
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yep suppressed shot to the head

Concussion grenade wrapped in meat

Full Scuba tank and a rifle!
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 10:07:30 PM EDT
[#11]
nice kitty....
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 10:16:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Throw in a gator and let's see action
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 10:18:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

It is moronic to simply do nothing to reduce life safety risks.  Inshalah...bullshit.

There are good reasons that your ancestors killed all the grizzlies, mountain lions, and wolves that used to roam where you live...they eat people.  

Modern disney society may teach you that things will just magically leave you alone and that you can "coexist"...but in reality, that only works part of the time.  Apex predators eat.  It is what they do.  Kill them or they kill you.  

Your ancestors knew this as they got to experience those apex predators first hand.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We made a deal with the sharks and gators. They only eat snowbirds and liberals. In turn, we leave them alone.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 11:01:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

Somewhere within your retarded ass reply you did realize its a big fucking ocean....right?  How long you think it'll take to clear the entire ocean of shit that will fuck you up?  You do realize Grizzlies, mountain lions and wolves still exist, right?  Its not Disney anything.  Its respecting the fact that you are entering an area that you are no longer top of the food chain. Maybe you could just keep your pussy yuppiefied ass inside.  Apex predators comins to eat ya.

Oh and Bambi was delicious.

Click.....
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 11:20:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

It's not like there is a shortage of this trash animal.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 7:08:09 AM EDT
[#16]
I don't know why it would be surprising to find a bull shark there.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 7:27:06 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Perfect angle to shoot it in the head
View Quote

My first thought as well.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 7:43:22 AM EDT
[#18]
A couple of times I saw 4-5 foot sharks in the canal at the in-laws place in North Palm Beach. They were hunting mullet. It happened most on the flood tide.

I was far more impressed by the manatees I saw. They reminded me of the pygmy hippos I saw in west Africa.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 8:07:30 AM EDT
[#19]
Those will eat you. People jump and swim in those canals in FL. Every couple years someone gets bitten in half by a big bull shark.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 8:14:01 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Fuck, no.

Other divers tease me because I say I won't dive salt water. Hello, sharks! Nope nope nope. I'll take the 38 degree water I dove (albeit very briefly) on Saturday rather than deal with stuff that could eat me. I'll be in the Great Lakes a lot this summer. There is nothing in there that can eat me.

Great Lakes: unsalted and shark free.

View Quote

Nope. Google "great lakes bull shark" . You is food.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 8:18:24 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Please move back from whence you came !
View Quote

Yes, yes indeed! From whence they came! 

Link Posted: 2/23/2017 8:20:15 AM EDT
[#22]
I would have tossed a line in and then held on, much fun! Would probably break off on a dock support though.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 8:20:20 AM EDT
[#23]
Not kidding went to Destin once and my son and I waded in tits deep and were just chilling after a long drive.  He's all scared of sharks and I was ridiculing him about being scared of a harmless shark (jokingly).

I noticed what I thought was one of those large schools of baitfish swimming around us (Still had my driving sunglasses in not my polarized fishing glasses).  It came close enough that I thought "I sure hope no cudas are chasing them or we could get bit on accident".

That's when a man on shore started yelling get out of the water , shark!!!!!!

That school of baitfish was about a 9-10 foot shark.  Probably a bullshark that has swam within arm's length of both of us.  Got out quickly and some lady said "yeah we saw it swim all around you and thought you knew it and was okay with it"

Ummm NO!
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 8:21:45 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 8:26:48 AM EDT
[#25]
Pretty common  around the state.  

Do a search for :  Thadeus Kubinski

Kubinski suffered massive chest wounds and died almost immediately after being bitten. He jumped off a dock in his back yard into about six feet of water.
His splashing likely attracted a bull shark feeding nearby, Burgess said.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 8:27:06 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Bull sharks are assholes.
View Quote
They are!  I was at a Home Depot the other day, got a cart, and went in.  The row I needed to go was blocked off as they had a hi/low in there and were restocking from it. . . The operator saw me standing at the gate, and said "what do you need?", I motioned towards the racks of half-sheets of plywood and MDF---"just need a couple of MDF panels". . . "OK, come on in" he said, so I went in, picked out two sheets, turned around ----and my cart was gone!. . . 

"Sonofabitch!" I said. . "Someone just walked off with my cart---I just turned my back for a few seconds!". . . The hi/low operator was kinda laughing, and said, "That's all it takes----Bull sharks". . . So yeah, they are assholes. . . Had to go out into the lot and get another cart.  
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 8:27:15 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

Such judgement means little coming from someone who lives where the biggest danger is the John Denver worshipping pot heads.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 8:28:14 AM EDT
[#28]
Great Whites and Tigers get a lot of attention, to some degree because they're easier to ID due to distinctive size and/or markings.

Not only are Bulls every bit, if not more aggressive, they can reach sizes that most people don't understand. 

Link Posted: 2/23/2017 8:29:45 AM EDT
[#29]

Shark?!?!?!  That's a fahrkin whale!
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 8:13:41 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Somewhere within your retarded ass reply you did realize its a big fucking ocean....right?  How long you think it'll take to clear the entire ocean of shit that will fuck you up?  You do realize Grizzlies, mountain lions and wolves still exist, right?  Its not Disney anything.  Its respecting the fact that you are entering an area that you are no longer top of the food chain. Maybe you could just keep your pussy yuppiefied ass inside.  Apex predators comins to eat ya.

Click.....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Click.....

We all bow to your tough guy bullshit.

Do you have to use your Yeti cooler as a step to get into your bro truck?  Maybe you could grab onto the smoke stacks?

Silly.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 8:59:33 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Great Whites and Tigers get a lot of attention, to some degree because they're easier to ID due to distinctive size and/or markings.

Not only are Bulls every bit, if not more aggressive, they can reach sizes that most people don't understand. 

http://linapps.s3.amazonaws.com/linapps/photomojo/wncn.com/photos/2015/06/g20221-500-lb-bull-shark-caught-in-florida/362590-113cf.jpg
View Quote

Not only all of the above, they are the only shark that is known to be able to live for long periods in fresh water.
They Swim Where We Swim
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top