Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 315
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 2:36:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Alacran] [#1]
It looks like this may be spreading to Australia.  It’s also being referred to as Biden’s Methane Plan.  How nice.

TommyRobinsonOfficial@TommyRobinsonOfficial
2h
·
New Zealand to Introduce Cow ‘Burp’ Tax to Tackle Climate Change 🙈

https://gab.com/TommyRobinsonOfficial/posts/109161692187219345

Labor's pledge to cut methane emissions 'wasn't flagged prior to the election'

Climate cult has ‘turned its attention to agriculture’: Peta Credlin

Link Posted: 10/13/2022 3:15:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Canoeguy:

I can sort of predict it as I was looking at a corn bill today. One year ago I paid $310 a ton for milled corn. Today it is $440. I will not be surprised to be at least half that again next year and possibly double based on the conversations I have had with people who grow it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Alacran:

Can you predict prices for a year from now?  Hell, could you have predicted prices now a year ago?  If someone is seeing the water rise at an alarming rate, it doesn’t take much to conclude they will soon need a boat to get out of their neighborhood rather than the car that’s currently sitting in their garage.  That’s why many are buying food now at current prices rather than waiting until later when they will actually be eating it.

As far as The Fouth Turning goes, it’s a 25 year old book that looks at centuries worth of trends and data.  Dismiss it if you want but the current trends and data are indeed supporting their analysis.

I can sort of predict it as I was looking at a corn bill today. One year ago I paid $310 a ton for milled corn. Today it is $440. I will not be surprised to be at least half that again next year and possibly double based on the conversations I have had with people who grow it.

So, roughly $500 to $700 per ton?   The worse case scenario doesn’t sound good at all.

Link Posted: 10/13/2022 3:31:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Canoeguy] [#3]

So, roughly $500 to $700 per ton?   The worse case scenario doesn’t sound good at all.

View Quote

I will go on record right now and say I am confident I will see $550. It could be much worse. Now keep in mind that when it comes to the corn I get, this isnt farm prices or market prices this is me buying corn as a wholesale consumer/manufacturer in a very rural area. What worries me most is that on six seperate occasions I was down waiting for grains. not just locally but a lot shipped in. That is not normal.

I was talking to a farmer this past week and he was saying he skipped fertilizing his hay fields this year but that he can't go two years in a row and will have to next year and the price of hay has damn near doubled already(he raises cattle). Gods honest truth if you havent spoken to farmers in your area or dont know any to speak to then you need go to your local co-op and strike up a conversation with a few. You will likely stop at the grocery store on your way home and start buying some dry goods immediately afterwords. Dont trust an idiot like me on the internet telling you it is going to get bad, or not get bad, go find out from the people actually doing this stuff.
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 3:42:05 PM EDT
[#4]

I will go on record right now and say I am confident I will see $550. It could be much worse. Now keep in mind that when it comes to the corn I get, this isnt farm prices or market prices this is me buying corn as a wholesale consumer/manufacturer in a very rural area. What worries me most is that on six seperate occasions I was down waiting for grains. not just locally but a lot shipped in. That is not normal.

I was talking to a farmer this past week and he was saying he skipped fertilizing his hay fields this year but that he can't go two years in a row and will have to next year and the price of hay has damn near doubled already(he raises cattle). Gods honest truth if you havent spoken to farmers in your area or dont know any to speak to then you need go to your local co-op and strike up a conversation with a few. You will likely stop at the grocery store on your way home and start buying some dry goods immediately afterwords. Dont trust an idiot like me on the internet telling you it is going to get bad, or not get bad, go find out from the people actually doing this stuff.
View Quote

Sounds like good advice.
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 3:46:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By amannamedjed:
There are and always have been people in this country that are on living on the knife edge.  A few do it from bad choices they make.  But a large number make just enough to pay the rent and put food on the table. There are some programs to help those people, food stamps being the largest. Food pantries run by charities make up a considerable proportion as well.

But we now face a new situation.  Massive inflation combined with reduced crop yields has caused millions of people to tighten the belt. People like me can afford to pay a little more for food. I may not have steak as often, but I will not do without completely.

People on the edge can’t. They have cut out the fast food. They have maxed their food stamp benefits. Yes, I know some of them sell their benefits for cash to buy drugs. I’m not talking about them. I’m talking about people who really are struggling to feed their families.  I’ve met some of these folks.

What really is going to make it hard on these folks is the reduced capacity of the charities.  Everyone understands that when times are hard, during recessions, when inflation is high, contributions to charities fall significantly.  People on the edge depend on charities to help them past the tough spots, like the end of the month when there is no food, no money, no relief in sight.  Or when the car breaks down, and the single mom has to either fix the car so she can go to work or feed the kids.   These are the people who are going to go hungry in this country.

Perhaps you think of the tv images of little African kids with protruding ribs. Yes, that is one form of famine, a particularly bad one.  But famine can mean lots of other things too, like not eating every day, or eating only potatoes every day for a month (which I  have done in my youth when I was poor).  Don’t think that because  you have plenty to eat that every American does as well.
View Quote

I’ve also seen tough times and job loses hit certain industry sectors, such as manufacturing, hi-tech, real estate, etc..., with some people from those industries losing everything.  The danger this time around is this will end up affecting all industries, if not simultaneously, pretty close to it.

Link Posted: 10/13/2022 3:53:02 PM EDT
[#6]

Sounds like good advice.
View All Quotes

Sounds like good advice.

In fairness you might be able to talk to me about farming next year as I may have to start doing it again just to keep the costs in check. But I have to decide really soon if that is the case. I may have money in fertilizer, fuel and labor but you already pay for all that as a consumer and at least I wouldnt have to buy my own grains.
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 4:06:51 PM EDT
[#7]

I’ve also seen tough times and job loses hit certain industry sectors, such as manufacturing, hi-tech, real estate, etc..., with some people from those industries losing everything.  The danger this time around is this will end up affecting all industries, if not simultaneously, pretty close to it.

View Quote

In addition to my lean years as a youth, I was clobbered pretty hard by the dot com collapse.  I'm actually in pretty good shape now, though.  I paid off my home as quickly as I could.  I have money set aside for the real estate taxes, I have food for several months.  I have money for utilities.  I have a good job, but don't actually need to work.  I could coast to retirement if I wanted.  But work is good for the soul, so I work.  I also don't want to go through such hard times again.  So I continue to work.

Other people I really feel for.  Renters will probably see their rents go up a lot to match inflation.  Homeowners with big mortgages are okay as long as the company they work for stays solvent.  But if their industry has a downturn, look out!  A falling tide grounds all boats.  Young people, especially is they are not married and are still trying to make it on one income, have not had time to store up much in the way of cash or food preps.  They face a lot of uncertainty in the coming years.
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 4:32:04 PM EDT
[#8]

In addition to my lean years as a youth, I was clobbered pretty hard by the dot com collapse.  I'm actually in pretty good shape now, though.  I paid off my home as quickly as I could.  I have money set aside for the real estate taxes, I have food for several months.  I have money for utilities.  I have a good job, but don't actually need to work.  I could coast to retirement if I wanted.  But work is good for the soul, so I work.  I also don't want to go through such hard times again.  So I continue to work.

Other people I really feel for.  Renters will probably see their rents go up a lot to match inflation.  Homeowners with big mortgages are okay as long as the company they work for stays solvent.  But if their industry has a downturn, look out!  A falling tide grounds all boats.  Young people, especially is they are not married and are still trying to make it on one income, have not had time to store up much in the way of cash or food preps.  They face a lot of uncertainty in the coming years.
View All Quotes

Nothing like going through a bad economic time to make you more frugal, too.

Link Posted: 10/13/2022 4:32:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Why there may be NO WAY OUT of today’s ECONOMIC MESS

Link Posted: 10/13/2022 4:42:49 PM EDT
[#10]

Doesn’t the US import a big portion of their fertilizer?  That will be a problem in 2023.  We are just now making plans to produce more here in light of world events.

If some “squirrels” can cause a major power outage that lasts for days, it wouldn’t take much for skilled saboteurs to cause a lot more disruptions than that.  The number of countries that wish to do us harm are only growing.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Halberdier:
Originally Posted By TribunusSanGeorgii:

It's five months later and none of these predictions came true. Why is this thread still alive?

The OP didn't have a timeline.

If a famine is coming you want less than 5 months warning

Actually, he did. These two sentences are bolded in my quote of the OP.

Later this year we likely will see various governments within the Unites States starting with price controls and increased subsidies.

Conditions are set: 2022 will become serious.

Neither happened and none of the other predictions will either. We are the largest food producer in the world. There is no famine in our future. Prices will go up as these markets are global, but regular food bought even at higher prices will never cost as much as the type of foods that can be stored long term. Making fresh stew at home, even at a higher price, will never cost as much as canned stew and is also far healthier.

Stop listening to doomer gloomers trying to pump up their youtube channel revenue by scaring you. Use facts and simple logic to plan your future.

Just wondering, do you get this pissed off every year when the Cowboys are predicted to go to the Super Bowl and don’t even make the playoffs?

Many times, these things are often determined in the Winter months.  How about we at least wait until then and see what’s taking place before we start saying something will or won’t be happening.  Besides, the designated timeline is actually stated to be in 2023, not October of 2022.

If you were in Europe, shit would already be hitting the fan but that stuff over there never affects us over here in the States, right?

I wish the Cowboys would lose every single game. Same for all pro sports teams, if that was possible. They can all go to hell and take the knee there all day long as far as I'm concerned.

We're not going to have a food shortage in this country. It will get more expensive, but there will be enough for everyone. And no, Europe's food and energy issues will not affect our supplies. We have plenty of both, as well as a stable fertilizer supply.

You place a lot more faith in the supply chain than I do.  It wouldn’t take much to disrupt that, especially if war comes to American soil.  Is that out of the realm of possibility for you, too?

Fertilizer is already a big problem.

Fertilizer is expensive, but not in short supply in this country. You can get all the fertilizer you want, if you're willing to pay the price. Farmers may cut fertilizer use, which will affect supply, but not to the point of a food shortage. Not in this country. It'll be more in the realm of changing crops from biofuels to food.

And what war? Who has the means to meaningfully attack us and not see their civilization completely erased?

Doesn’t the US import a big portion of their fertilizer?  That will be a problem in 2023.  We are just now making plans to produce more here in light of world events.

If some “squirrels” can cause a major power outage that lasts for days, it wouldn’t take much for skilled saboteurs to cause a lot more disruptions than that.  The number of countries that wish to do us harm are only growing.

Importing was yesterday. If you have to import today, you're screwed. We have the raw materials and plant capacity to supply the nitrogen and phosphate based fertilizer we need. Potash we don't, but the world's largest producer of potash is that weirdo neighbor to our north who's always very careful not to piss us off. So we're pretty well set. The rest of the world, not so much.
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 4:42:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Jagrmaister:
Another DOOMSDAY Blog and thread?  One of these days one of these guys might be right.  Best pull the covers over my head and hide in the corner.  

A lot of zombie flicks predicted this.

View Quote

Yeah,  if you say it enough for the next 300 yrs you might end up getting it right. There is no big doomsday on the horizon.
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 4:49:56 PM EDT
[#12]

Can you predict prices for a year from now?  Hell, could you have predicted prices now a year ago?  If someone is seeing the water rise at an alarming rate, it doesn’t take much to conclude they will soon need a boat to get out of their neighborhood rather than the car that’s currently sitting in their garage.  That’s why many are buying food now at current prices rather than waiting until later when they will actually be eating it.

As far as The Fouth Turning goes, it’s a 25 year old book that looks at centuries worth of trends and data.  Dismiss it if you want but the current trends and data are indeed supporting their analysis.
View All Quotes

It's five months later and none of these predictions came true. Why is this thread still alive?

Later this year we likely will see various governments within the Unites States starting with price controls and increased subsidies.

Neither happened and none of the other predictions will either. We are the largest food producer in the world. There is no famine in our future. Prices will go up as these markets are global, but regular food bought even at higher prices will never cost as much as the type of foods that can be stored long term. Making fresh stew at home, even at a higher price, will never cost as much as canned stew and is also far healthier.

Stop listening to doomer gloomers trying to pump up their youtube channel revenue by scaring you. Use facts and simple logic to plan your future.

You say that this hasn't happened and I disagree.  Inflation is through the roof.  Real inflation, not the .gov numbers.

Here is just one example.

In April of this year I could by a quart of whipping cream for $3.12 at walmart.  

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/408270/220406_cream_qt_3_12_jpg-2561421.JPG

Today that same quart is $4.98 an increase of 60%  

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/408270/221013_cream_qt_4_98_jpg-2561422.JPG

Edit:  It is not necessarily hitting all items at the same percent, but inflation we are facing IS serious.

The predictions here are for shortages, not inflation. The fact that you can take a current pic of whipping cream refutes that.

Btw, the stuff is not exactly health food.

Famine doesn’t only happen with food shortages.  It can and has also happened when people simply cannot afford to buy food.  

Inflation also affects the cost effectiveness of growing crops and raising livestock.  These results will not happen all at once, either.  The effects of the worldwide droughts and war really haven’t had an effect yet and who know how long the droughts and war actually will last on top of that.

Even if things were to turn around right now, the effects will last at least for a couple of years.  If things don’t turn around, the effects will only cause a bigger impact down the road and take much longer to recover.  That’s where the real dangers of a worldwide famine come into play, especially if war(s) expand.  Michael Yon is forecasting towards the worse case scenarios with expanding war and civil unrest.  That also coincides with forecasts from The Fourth Turning.  We are currently in a fourth turning.

Again, even with current conditions, the timeframe and impact is much, much longer that a mere five months.

If we have ample food supplies, and people can't afford to buy it, we'll have a glut, not famine. But it won't happen. We Americans can eat as well as we do now for half the cost, if we just make a little more effort preparing our food and not eat out as much.

Not a dig, but I wouldn't plan my future based predictions from a 25 year old book.

Yes. They'll be higher than today. And this thread was never about buying food now to save money. It's about buying food now because next year (or even this year) there won't be any. That's the part I disagree with.
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 4:50:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Table 2. Consumer Price Index for All Urban Consumers (CPI-U): U. S. city average, by detailed expenditure category

https://www.bls.gov/news.release/cpi.t02.htm
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 4:59:50 PM EDT
[#14]

Yes. They'll be higher than today. And this thread was never about buying food now to save money. It's about buying food now because next year (or even this year) there won't be any. That's the part I disagree with.
View All Quotes

You say that this hasn't happened and I disagree.  Inflation is through the roof.  Real inflation, not the .gov numbers.

Here is just one example.

In April of this year I could by a quart of whipping cream for $3.12 at walmart.  

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/408270/220406_cream_qt_3_12_jpg-2561421.JPG

Today that same quart is $4.98 an increase of 60%  

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/408270/221013_cream_qt_4_98_jpg-2561422.JPG

Edit:  It is not necessarily hitting all items at the same percent, but inflation we are facing IS serious.

The predictions here are for shortages, not inflation. The fact that you can take a current pic of whipping cream refutes that.

Btw, the stuff is not exactly health food.

Famine doesn’t only happen with food shortages.  It can and has also happened when people simply cannot afford to buy food.  

Inflation also affects the cost effectiveness of growing crops and raising livestock.  These results will not happen all at once, either.  The effects of the worldwide droughts and war really haven’t had an effect yet and who know how long the droughts and war actually will last on top of that.

Even if things were to turn around right now, the effects will last at least for a couple of years.  If things don’t turn around, the effects will only cause a bigger impact down the road and take much longer to recover.  That’s where the real dangers of a worldwide famine come into play, especially if war(s) expand.  Michael Yon is forecasting towards the worse case scenarios with expanding war and civil unrest.  That also coincides with forecasts from The Fourth Turning.  We are currently in a fourth turning.

Again, even with current conditions, the timeframe and impact is much, much longer that a mere five months.

If we have ample food supplies, and people can't afford to buy it, we'll have a glut, not famine. But it won't happen. We Americans can eat as well as we do now for half the cost, if we just make a little more effort preparing our food and not eat out as much.

Not a dig, but I wouldn't plan my future based predictions from a 25 year old book.

I thought we already covered that with the basic definition on a famine.

Link Posted: 10/13/2022 5:00:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By DaGoose:
Table 2. Consumer Price Index for All Urban Consumers (CPI-U): U. S. city average, by detailed expenditure category

View Quote

Looking at this table makes me realize just how lucky we are to have such stable energy prices in this country. People and businesses in Europe are dealing with energy costs that are 4-10x what they were last year. They're going to have some really tough decisions to make this winter while here it's going to be a non-event.
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 5:00:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By DaGoose:

View Quote

That looks to be where Glenn Beck got his information in the video posted above.

Link Posted: 10/13/2022 5:50:49 PM EDT
[#17]
2h
·
Biden says the “key reason” he ran for president was to tackle inflation 👀

https://gab.com/TommyRobinsonOfficial/posts/109162477768354649

The Netherlands

2h
·
Geert Wilders in the village of Bakel as locals oppose the opening of yet another centre to house illegal immigrants: "It never takes place in the neighborhood of Sigrid Kaag or Mark Rutte, always with people in these church villages who are being robbed and I am here to support them."

https://gab.com/TommyRobinsonOfficial/posts/109162599429838319

Link Posted: 10/13/2022 8:05:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Protests in China, Russia, Iran, and now North Korea.  I wonder how much of this is Color Revolution Ops?

Gravitas | Beijing: Video shows rare protest against Xi Jinping
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 8:30:57 PM EDT
[#19]
There are and always have been people in this country that are on living on the knife edge.  A few do it from bad choices they make.  But a large number make just enough to pay the rent and put food on the table. There are some programs to help those people, food stamps being the largest. Food pantries run by charities make up a considerable proportion as well.

But we now face a new situation.  Massive inflation combined with reduced crop yields has caused millions of people to tighten the belt. People like me can afford to pay a little more for food. I may not have steak as often, but I will not do without completely.

People on the edge can’t. They have cut out the fast food. They have maxed their food stamp benefits. Yes, I know some of them sell their benefits for cash to buy drugs. I’m not talking about them. I’m talking about people who really are struggling to feed their families.  I’ve met some of these folks.

What really is going to make it hard on these folks is the reduced capacity of the charities.  Everyone understands that when times are hard, during recessions, when inflation is high, contributions to charities fall significantly.  People on the edge depend on charities to help them past the tough spots, like the end of the month when there is no food, no money, no relief in sight.  Or when the car breaks down, and the single mom has to either fix the car so she can go to work or feed the kids.   These are the people who are going to go hungry in this country.

Perhaps you think of the tv images of little African kids with protruding ribs. Yes, that is one form of famine, a particularly bad one.  But famine can mean lots of other things too, like not eating every day, or eating only potatoes every day for a month (which I  have done in my youth when I was poor).  Don’t think that because  you have plenty to eat that every American does as well.
View Quote

Good post and I see similar in my AO (northern/ rural NY.)
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 9:10:28 PM EDT
[#20]
I’m just going to add one more thing before I quit for the night.  

I mentioned earlier that almost all famines occur during wartime.  What I did not discuss is why.  

Usually, famines can be managed by food transport so most people get enough to survive, even in severe famines. Or people are able to go to where the food is. But war brings out the worst in tyrants. Starvation occurs when the food cannot be moved to the hungry because the warlords do not permit it.  This has happened countless times through history. When times are good, people can get by during a war because they can grow food locally. During a famine, they can’t.

So that brings us the the current day.  Are we at war?  Not really, but perhaps we are not that far removed from one. And no, I’m not talking about Ukraine or China.  I’m talking about our own government, or agents who do their will like antifa.  How hard would it be for these nefarious scalliwogs to disrupt supply lines by damaging a bridge? Or even taking pot shots at truckers to the point they are afraid to take to the highways?  Or how much do you believe the FBI is capable of to crush dissent?

I think food and energy shortages are in our future. But even if there was plenty of food available, I would still prepare because none of us really knows what the future will bring.
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 10:34:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Alacran] [#21]
I’m just going to add one more thing before I quit for the night.  

I mentioned earlier that almost all famines occur during wartime.  What I did not discuss is why.  

Usually, famines can be managed by food transport so most people get enough to survive, even in severe famines. Or people are able to go to where the food is. But war brings out the worst in tyrants. Starvation occurs when the food cannot be moved to the hungry because the warlords do not permit it.  This has happened countless times through history. When times are good, people can get by during a war because they can grow food locally. During a famine, they can’t.

So that brings us the the current day.  Are we at war?  Not really, but perhaps we are not that far removed from one. And no, I’m not talking about Ukraine or China.  I’m talking about our own government, or agents who do their will like antifa.  How hard would it be for these nefarious scalliwogs to disrupt supply lines by damaging a bridge? Or even taking pot shots at truckers to the point they are afraid to take to the highways?  Or how much do you believe the FBI is capable of to crush dissent?

I think food and energy shortages are in our future. But even if there was plenty of food available, I would still prepare because none of us really knows what the future will bring.
View Quote

I think your scenario is prime for cartels within the US to go territorial and begin hijacking truck shipments.  

Speaking of tyrants, warlords, and war pertaining to famine...

Black Hawk Down - Full intro. and opening [HD]

Link Posted: 10/14/2022 3:27:52 AM EDT
[#22]

Importing was yesterday. If you have to import today, you're screwed. We have the raw materials and plant capacity to supply the nitrogen and phosphate based fertilizer we need. Potash we don't, but the world's largest producer of potash is that weirdo neighbor to our north who's always very careful not to piss us off. So we're pretty well set. The rest of the world, not so much.
View Quote

Yes, about that; https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/hurricane-ian-damage-florida-fertilizer-plant-creates-concern-rising-food-prices

While Flock noted in his "Varney & Co." report that it’s not currently peak fertilizer season, Hurricane Ian forced Florida fertilizer maker Mosaic Co. to halt operations across Polk County for an unspecified amount of time as disaster relief efforts get underway.
The company’s North American phosphate operations make up "approximately 50 percent of North American farmers’ supply of granular phosphate fertilizer, and 12 percent of the global supply" in a given year, the company said in a fact sheet.
IN HURRICANE IAN AFTERMATH, FLORIDIANS ‘COUNTING ON INSURANCE’ TO HELP WITH DISASTER RECOVERY: TAMPA MAYOR
Agricultural engineer oversees fertilizer plant
Mosaic Co.'s North American phosphate operations make up approximately 50% of North American farmers' supply of granular phosphate fertilizer. (Getty Images)
After Hurricane Ian made landfall along Florida’s west coast Wednesday afternoon, more than 2.5 million residents are left without power with some in Lee and Charlotte counties completely "off the grid," Gov. Ron DeSantis said in a press conference Thursday morning.
Florida State University business professor Chuck Nyce also predicted Hurricane Ian will create $70 billion worth of damage Wednesday evening on FOX Business' "Kennedy."
Though the exact level of damage across Mosaic’s phosphate mines remains unknown, the company’s product output is likely to decrease, which directly increases a crop’s input price and therefore its market price.

"It's something like 50% of granular fertilizer is coming from that area. It's a very high percentage, huge concentration," Fox News contributor and economist Brian Brenberg said following Flock’s report. "So you think about food prices, I think that's the price that's going to matter most when we get into the midterms. Everybody's watching that."
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 6:13:35 AM EDT
[#23]

View All Quotes

Just wondering, do you get this pissed off every year when the Cowboys are predicted to go to the Super Bowl and don’t even make the playoffs?

Many times, these things are often determined in the Winter months.  How about we at least wait until then and see what’s taking place before we start saying something will or won’t be happening.  Besides, the designated timeline is actually stated to be in 2023, not October of 2022.

If you were in Europe, shit would already be hitting the fan but that stuff over there never affects us over here in the States, right?

I wish the Cowboys would lose every single game. Same for all pro sports teams, if that was possible. They can all go to hell and take the knee there all day long as far as I'm concerned.

We're not going to have a food shortage in this country. It will get more expensive, but there will be enough for everyone. And no, Europe's food and energy issues will not affect our supplies. We have plenty of both, as well as a stable fertilizer supply.

You place a lot more faith in the supply chain than I do.  It wouldn’t take much to disrupt that, especially if war comes to American soil.  Is that out of the realm of possibility for you, too?

Fertilizer is already a big problem.

Fertilizer is expensive, but not in short supply in this country. You can get all the fertilizer you want, if you're willing to pay the price. Farmers may cut fertilizer use, which will affect supply, but not to the point of a food shortage. Not in this country. It'll be more in the realm of changing crops from biofuels to food.

And what war? Who has the means to meaningfully attack us and not see their civilization completely erased?

Don't assume the powers to be won't spread the suffering around.  Do you really think Biden or Trudeau have the balls to ban exports of those products? They'll gladly export those products and pound their chest about how they're being compassionate world leaders while people at home suffer and pay the higher prices.  

I mean do you really think Jill Biden, Bill Gates, al gore or whoever else is going to eat less and/or cheaper food?

I'm not in ag not even close but I've read enough to know that cycle time on these issues is relatively long.  No fertilizer now means lower yields and higher prices 4-6 months from now.  My point is if action is not taken to avoid the problem in the near term it will probably be too late a few months from now.  

Anyone know if we have emergency stock piles of fertilizers like we do oil (or used to) medicines etc. ?
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 6:32:17 AM EDT
[#24]
Disclose.tv@disclosetv
1h
·
·

Edited
NEW - German government calls on citizens to save energy so the country can get through the winter: "Winter is coming. Let's stick together."

https://gab.com/disclosetv/posts/109160894906207855

View Quote

What they need are more rapefugees. Imagine their power issues if they had never shown up 15 years ago
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 6:38:36 AM EDT
[#25]
Protests in China, Russia, Iran, and now North Korea.  I wonder how much of this is Color Revolution Ops?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtM_SlWqfFA
View Quote

Soros said he wants Xi gone, so....
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 7:59:06 AM EDT
[#26]
Look on the bright side, people will finally develop a taste for Asian Carp and Nutria.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 8:06:55 AM EDT
[#27]
The United States is no different that any other country.  The Constitution no longer matters.  SCOTUS will not protect us or save us.

California makes it illegal for doctors to disagree with politicians

https://nypost.com/2022/10/10/california-makes-it-illegal-for-doctors-to-disagree-with-politicians/

Turkey’s parliament adopts media law jailing those spreading ‘disinformation’

https://www.ekathimerini.com/news/1195632/turkeys-parliament-adopts-media-law-jailing-those-spreading-disinformation/

Link Posted: 10/14/2022 8:11:42 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By CPT_CAVEMAN:

View All Quotes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtM_SlWqfFA

If they successfully get rid of these guys, the only one left standing in the way of their world agenda is  us.

Link Posted: 10/14/2022 8:13:26 AM EDT
[#29]
Quite a few farmers have been coasting on supplies from last year.  I just had to order a tanker to refill my diesel that I purchased in November of last year, painful was the price.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 8:18:11 AM EDT
[#30]
Is their any doubt that the current thing with Ukraine wasn't a planned operation from the start?

Link Posted: 10/14/2022 8:19:04 AM EDT
[#31]

View Quote

It's an interesting dichotomy - the Communist, Nationalist East vs the Global, "democratic" West.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 8:20:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Alacran] [#32]
Disclose.tv@disclosetv
1h
·
·

Edited
JUST IN - Sweden blocks joint investigation with Germany and Denmark into Nord Stream explosions.

Sweden says the "safety classification of the investigation is too high" to share the result with other countries, Spiegel reports.

https://www.t-online.de/nachrichten/ausland/id_100066078/schweden-will-nicht-gemeinsam-mit-deutschland-ermitteln.html

https://gab.com/disclosetv/posts/109166345272822744

Disclose.tv@disclosetv
3h
·
·

Edited
JUST IN - Sweden to build new nuclear reactors to secure the energy needs of its citizens, incoming new government parties say.

https://gab.com/disclosetv/posts/109165767956536642

Link Posted: 10/14/2022 8:30:25 AM EDT
[#33]
The real war is, "people vs. the banks"

Recessions, debt, energy crisis, inflation and wars... somehow it is all related, and it is related at a global level, impacting nearly all economies and markets. It all seems to be going rather badly for the "rules based global order," or as some prefer to call it, "the empire of lies."
https://alexkrainer.substack.com/p/the-real-war-is-people-vs-the-banks

Link Posted: 10/14/2022 8:57:21 AM EDT
[#34]

snip

JUST IN - Sweden blocks joint investigation with Germany and Denmark into Nord Stream explosions.

Sweden says the "safety classification of the investigation is too high" to share the result with other countries
, Spiegel reports.

https://www.t-online.de/nachrichten/ausland/id_100066078/schweden-will-nicht-gemeinsam-mit-deutschland-ermitteln.html

snip

View Quote

What does that even mean?  safety classification.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 9:02:18 AM EDT
[#35]

View Quote

It means the US did it is my guess.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 9:17:04 AM EDT
[#36]

If they successfully get rid of these guys, the only one left standing in the way of their world agenda is  us.

View Quote

Might want to watch the "Riding the Dragon" documentary about biden and china if you haven't seen it.   He isn't going anywhere otherwise no more 10% for the big guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRmlcEBAiIs
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 9:47:24 AM EDT
[#37]

View All Quotes

I wonder what this investigation will uncover?

Russia Says Several Arrested in Foiled Attack on TurkStream Pipeline - Interfax
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 9:57:48 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By minimalist65:

Might want to watch the "Riding the Dragon" documentary about biden and china if you haven't seen it.   He isn't going anywhere otherwise no more 10% for the big guy.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By minimalist65:

I understand what you’re saying but Biden is just a puppet to be thrown away when his usefulness is no longer needed, which is getting closer & closer every day.  

Xi seems to be helping Putin which they are obviously trying to get rid of, so getting rid of Xi also makes sense in the long run.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 11:38:51 AM EDT
[#39]

View All Quotes

snip

Sweden says the "safety classification of the investigation is too high" to share the result with other countries
, Spiegel reports.

snip

It means politically they don't want anybody to know who did it.

Which means it was a 'good guy'
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 11:39:47 AM EDT
[#40]

View All Quotes

WW3 is gaining traction.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 12:08:34 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Mach:

WW3 is gaining traction.
View All Quotes

WW3 is gaining traction.

No one seems to be interested in deescalation these days.

PREPARE FOR DOOMSDAY Urgent calls for radiation pills and survival training for EVERY family as Britain ‘woefully unprepared’ for nuclear war

Kim Jong Un says North Korea is at 'full preparedness for actual war' and boasts 'tactical nuke' cruise missiles have been deployed to multiple military units

Hell things are so crazy, I thought this was a real story when I first heard about it.

Biden Admits We May Have A ‘Very Slight’ Nuclear War

Link Posted: 10/14/2022 12:18:11 PM EDT
[#42]
Russia Threatens to Pull Out of Crucial Ukraine Grain Deal

Link Posted: 10/14/2022 1:09:15 PM EDT
[#43]

WW3 is gaining traction.
View All Quotes

WW3 is gaining traction.

Michael Yon@MichaelYon
1 hour ago
Infrastructure War
Keep eyes on Yamal, Norwegian flows, cables…all of it. If my Gigacide Paradigm is accurate, one-by-one we will see disruptions at nodes like Panama Canal, Suez.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2022/10/russia-foils-attack-turkstream-pipeline-turkey-europe-follows-ruptures-nord-stream-pipelines-leak-russia-pipeline-thru-poland/?utm_source=Gab&utm_campaign=websitesharingbuttons

Link Posted: 10/14/2022 1:30:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: amannamedjed] [#44]

Michael Yon@MichaelYon
1 hour ago
Infrastructure War
Keep eyes on Yamal, Norwegian flows, cables…all of it. If my Gigacide Paradigm is accurate, one-by-one we will see disruptions at nodes like Panama Canal, Suez.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2022/10/russia-foils-attack-turkstream-pipeline-turkey-europe-follows-ruptures-nord-stream-pipelines-leak-russia-pipeline-thru-poland/?utm_source=Gab&utm_campaign=websitesharingbuttons

View Quote

So a plot to blow up a pipeline to turkey was foiled.  

So Turkey is providing munitions to Russia Ukraine, but Russia is still selling gas to Turkey?  Hmmmm…

Edited:  I changed the first Russia to Ukraine.  I was thinking Ukraine, but someone came in and was talking to me right then, so my thoughts got discombobulated.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 1:36:55 PM EDT
[#45]
Here’s How Bad This Winter Will Actually Be (2022-23)

Link Posted: 10/14/2022 2:10:19 PM EDT
[#46]

So Turkey is providing munitions to Russia, but Russia is still selling gas to Turkey?  Hmmmm…
View All Quotes

Michael Yon@MichaelYon
1 hour ago
Infrastructure War

So Turkey is providing munitions to Russia, but Russia is still selling gas to Turkey?  Hmmmm…

Erdogan offered again to broker a peace deal between Russia & Ukraine but the EU doesn’t want that.  I think this pipeline will be sabotaged at some point because the EU can’t even have the possibility of some of its members accepting gas from Russia.

Evidently, “someone” doesn’t want this war to end.  They may even want it to escalate..

Erdogan: Ankara's aim is to stop bloodshed in Russia-Ukraine war asap despite hurdles

Gravitas: Russia offers more gas to Europe via Nord Stream, Germany says no

Link Posted: 10/14/2022 4:13:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DaGoose] [#47]

Link Posted: 10/14/2022 6:07:43 PM EDT
[#48]
Food Security:  China vs. USA

They are KEEPING EVERYTHING!

Link Posted: 10/14/2022 6:35:28 PM EDT
[#49]
LOTS of information packed into this 35 minute video.

Most IMPORTANT Video to Date | RECAP
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 9:18:44 PM EDT
[#50]

When was the last time your heard the term peace or even "resolution to the conflict?"
Page / 315
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top