Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 315
Link Posted: 10/28/2022 7:27:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Alacran:

Occupying Government of the United States.

View Quote

Pretty sure that's what we've had off and on for awhile now. At least in certain positions. It's just that now there are so many it's obvious to anyone paying attention

Or not
Link Posted: 10/28/2022 7:34:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By 2JokersWild:
Shit. I could wind it back to pre-2k with the "2k gonna kill all com-pooters"! nonsense. Then Peak Oil. Then...Then...Then....

Theres always something doom and glom, world gonna end just right around the corner. For some odd reason, people live fort that. Like, deep down they kind of want to believe it will happen (Even if they dont actually want it to happen). What do you suppose people were thinking in the 70's.... And yet here we are.

Yeah, its bad. Yeah, its probably going to get worse. But, we are far far from end of the world. Hell, we still havent made it past annoying inconvenience yet. Prudently, I do plan and prep a bit. But some of the simply ludicrous claims being made here? Jesus guys, fucking relax. The world aint ending today, next year or next decade.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By FALFOX:
Challenge accepted. Yon is a bit of an alarmist, and Beck has always been rather nutty especially during the Trump years, so take their reports with a grain of salt. Peter Zeihan has the best track record, predicting Russia's invasion of Ukraine down to the month I believe, several years ago. Zeihan is a brilliant trends and demographics analyst, if a bit of a Globalist cuck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQL_KCvBkk4

Also, maybe stop flooding this thread with your "it'll all be fine" bullshit. This is no time for it; this country and the world are in serious trouble. Famine and a cold winter for Europe in which thousands freeze and starve, crippling fuel costs and shortages for us here in the USA, that's what the next couple of years look like. After that? Quite likely we will segue into WW3. Probably before 2024.
Shit. I could wind it back to pre-2k with the "2k gonna kill all com-pooters"! nonsense. Then Peak Oil. Then...Then...Then....

Theres always something doom and glom, world gonna end just right around the corner. For some odd reason, people live fort that. Like, deep down they kind of want to believe it will happen (Even if they dont actually want it to happen). What do you suppose people were thinking in the 70's.... And yet here we are.

Yeah, its bad. Yeah, its probably going to get worse. But, we are far far from end of the world. Hell, we still havent made it past annoying inconvenience yet. Prudently, I do plan and prep a bit. But some of the simply ludicrous claims being made here? Jesus guys, fucking relax. The world aint ending today, next year or next decade.

This thread is like a clearinghouse of information being reported around the world. Some valid, some not. Don’t take anything to heart without first validating it yourself. That’s no different than any other news thread of any subject on any forum. Just because people are posting here regularly doesn’t make them high strung or doomers. They’re simply following world events and find the topic informative and interesting. Pleased quit putting folks like that into some false classification.

I just got back from pheasant hunting in Kansas with 6 of my buddies. 2 months ago was in Playa Del Carmen with the wife for a week. Went to dinner the other night with a buddy and his wife. Last Saturday went to a birthday party for a friend. I have another 2 BBQs/parties to attend on the next few Saturdays. On many weekends I BBQ and watch college football with buddies. Tonight I’m going to drink some bourbon and smoke a good cigar with my Son-in-law while we watch the Astros in the World Series. I get up every day and go to work. A few times a week I go to the gym.

That’s the life of this doomer. Sounds horrific huh? I’ll try to relax as you suggest. While all of that is going on I’ll continue to follow this thread and post some occasional news that pertains to the topic.
Link Posted: 10/28/2022 7:46:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Halberdier:

You don't think someone's complete inability to make accurate predictions in the past is relevant to their current predictions?

I posted in this thread more than a couple of pages back. It's been wrong from page one.
View All Quotes

By you picking this as one of your prime examples tells me all I need to know about your perspective of the world.

Yes, this thread is based on a Michael Yon prediction but a large majority of the posts in the thread are news articles, reports, and analysis of others that mostly support the projection of incidences which could lead to what Yon is predicting here.

As far as Glenn Beck, I doubt I’ve posted more of his videos that I can count on one hand.  That also tells me you’ve pretty much just looked at the last couple of pages to make your critique.

I’ve also posted things that I may not necessarily agree with but thought it was interesting enough to share and see how their perspective unfolds in the future.  I guess listening to alternative viewpoints is against your principals as well.

Lastly, if you want to debate, how about debating the current topic and what’s happening today.  I really don’t give a shit what someone predicted years ago or what someone may have gotten wrong.  I’m only interested in what they are saying about what’s going on now and what they offer to back up what they are saying. No one referenced in this thread has ever claimed to be a Prophet so it’s ridiculous for anyone to hold them to that standard anyway.

You don't think someone's complete inability to make accurate predictions in the past is relevant to their current predictions?

I posted in this thread more than a couple of pages back. It's been wrong from page one.

Yet not only do you ignore the analysis that Yon and others have gotten correctly, you try paint it as if most, if not all of their predictions are grossly inaccurate.

Again, you pointing out Yon’s statement about the 2020 election as an example of his inaccuracies tells me volumes of about your perspective and agenda here.

Link Posted: 10/28/2022 7:49:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Nailcrusher:

There has been virtually zero interest in diplomacy to end that war. It’s pretty obvious governments are wanting it to continue.
View All Quotes
This is a good interview showing that negotiations & peace talks have been circumvented from the beginning in order to perpetuate the war in Ukraine.  Lots of things like Germany’s economic fall, the sabotage of the NordStream Pipelines, European infighting, and America’s backing of the war are also covered.

There has been virtually zero interest in diplomacy to end that war. It’s pretty obvious governments are wanting it to continue.

And it seems that any attempt at peace or even calls for peace have been blatantly sabotaged as well.  

Pun firmly intended!

Link Posted: 10/28/2022 8:03:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By CPT_CAVEMAN:

Pretty sure that's what we've had off and on for awhile now. At least in certain positions. It's just that now there are so many it's obvious to anyone paying attention

Or not
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CPT_CAVEMAN:

Occupying Government of the United States.

Or not

Yes indeed, plus the involvement of the media and businesses to act on behalf of them as well.  How ironic for us to point the finger at the Soviet Union with Pravda and their one party elections and calling it a charade for all of those years.  We just hid ours better.

Link Posted: 10/28/2022 8:11:31 AM EDT
[#6]

View Quote

I have said it before but I will say it again...The world I grew up in has ended and I am only 46. You see it as a minor inconvenience because you are looking at it only as a monetary/ comfort viewpoint. It's an absolute tragedy the freedom we have lost in that timeframe and that control over us was bought by simply making sure comfort was the norm. It was planned and has been carried out with shocking efficiency. Now we are in a place we have never been before as a nation and as a world while we face the challenges around us. This is uncharted territory. Do you know who actually cared about the threats Ice ages and global warmings? Almost no one, it was just headlines in National Geographic. Y2K? we were all partying. That crap you guys love to bring up was only worried about by some fringe element. People are indeed worried today, more worry than I have seen in my lifetime that is for sure. If you personally want to live in ignorant bliss then you definitely should. Some people do indeed have a hard time balancing living their life while also staying plugged in, I get that. But the rest of us are going to continue to strain what info we are allowed to have to attempt to plot the best course for our lives, our families, and our businesses.

Link Posted: 10/28/2022 8:19:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Alacran] [#7]

This thread is like a clearinghouse of information being reported around the world. Some valid, some not. Don’t take anything to heart without first validating it yourself. That’s no different than any other news thread of any subject on any forum.
View Quote

The news cycle is extremely dynamic today, so much so that even the 24 hour news cycle has some trouble keeping up with all of the events and changes.  

All news in the world today is propaganda and agenda driven to an extent. To think otherwise is extremely naive.  All information should be taken in with that in mind.  Often times, piecing information from different sources is required to get the big picture.  I’d like to think that’s what this thread attempts to do.

Link Posted: 10/28/2022 8:26:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Michael Yon@MichaelYon
5 hours ago
Authentic African American buys Twitter— parody
Let that sink in.

Link Posted: 10/28/2022 8:58:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Darren Beattie’s perspective on Twitter and Elon Musk

6 months ago - Elon Musk buying Twitter would be war against  controlled information
Elon Musk’s Twitter venture would be declaring war on the regime: Revolver News journalist

July 11 - Twitter is a hotbed for intelligence community activities

October 26 - Government will go after Elon Musk’s acquisition of Twitter as a national security risk  

Link Posted: 10/28/2022 9:02:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Disclose.tv@disclosetv
1h
·
JUST IN - China is reportedly tracking dissidents across Europe through a network of illegal police stations.

German Office for the Protection of the Constitution is now investigating whether there is also such an "office" in Frankfurt, reports Der Spiegel.

https://gab.com/disclosetv/posts/109245670081970926
Link Posted: 10/28/2022 9:03:20 AM EDT
[#11]
Disclose.tv@disclosetv
55m
·
·

Edited
JUST IN - Inflation in Germany surges to 10.4% in October — once again higher than expected.

German metal and electronics industry workers to strike from Saturday, union says, as pay talks stall amid high inflation.

Link Posted: 10/28/2022 9:09:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Ex-RAF top gun (call sign Hooligan) has made a killing training China's fighter pilots - and helped recruit dozens of British airmen paid £250,000 a year by Beijing... so why has the MoD only just woken up to this outrage?

- British fighter pilots are being paid £250k to share vital knowledge with China
- They aren't breaking current law but came under fire from armed forces minister
- Ex-RAF top gun Keith Hartley is Chief Operating Officer for a Beijing company

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11341957/Ex-RAF-gun-killing-training-Chinas-fighter-pilots-recruiting-British-airmen.html

Former US top gun pilot arrested over fears he worked for Chinese airforce | 9 News Australia

Link Posted: 10/28/2022 9:14:39 AM EDT
[#13]
Gravitas: U.S. is upgrading nukes in Europe
Link Posted: 10/28/2022 10:02:31 AM EDT
[#14]
Ex-RAF top gun (call sign Hooligan) has made a killing training China's fighter pilots - and helped recruit dozens of British airmen paid £250,000 a year by Beijing... so why has the MoD only just woken up to this outrage?

- British fighter pilots are being paid £250k to share vital knowledge with China
- They aren't breaking current law but came under fire from armed forces minister

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11341957/Ex-RAF-gun-killing-training-Chinas-fighter-pilots-recruiting-British-airmen.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxKF8CIT2g4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFSKEE8Oybg

View Quote

Money is the most important thing in
some people's lives.
Link Posted: 10/28/2022 10:09:59 AM EDT
[#15]
Its been said before... you'll know how close to collapse we are based upon how shrill the cries for gun control become.
Link Posted: 10/28/2022 10:17:21 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By jungatheart:

some people's lives.
View Quote

Well when the corporate politicians and corporations allowed our manufacturing base to move to China the writing was on the wall.  EVERYTHING is for sale.
Link Posted: 10/28/2022 10:32:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: wjoutlaw] [#17]
Challenge accepted. Yon is a bit of an alarmist, and Beck has always been rather nutty especially during the Trump years, so take their reports with a grain of salt. Peter Zeihan has the best track record, predicting Russia's invasion of Ukraine down to the month I believe, several years ago. Zeihan is a brilliant trends and demographics analyst, if a bit of a Globalist cuck.

Also, maybe stop flooding this thread with your "it'll all be fine" bullshit. This is no time for it; this country and the world are in serious trouble. Famine and a cold winter for Europe in which thousands freeze and starve, crippling fuel costs and shortages for us here in the USA, that's what the next couple of years look like. After that? Quite likely we will segue into WW3. Probably before 2024.
View All Quotes
Maybe I should pause and issue a challenge. Post older doom and gloom predictions from the various people cited here that actually came true.

If this does go into WW3, I do not really see any self-respecting American wanting to get involved with today's military. The core of the military, I.E. Combat Arms has always been made up of the hetero, christian, intellegent, white male. Those people kicked in the doors and killed the fuck out of the enemy when they were let loose. They have been demonized and spat upon for the last few years. Why would they want to fight and possibly die for people that hate them? If there is a peer-to-peer war with Russia or China, it will have to be on their land where they are the home team. Logistically, that will be a nightmare and then, the USA is propper FUCKED because there is no way in hell our current population will even want to support a draft.
Link Posted: 10/28/2022 10:41:49 AM EDT
[#18]

some people's lives.
View All Quotes

some people's lives.

I’d wager we have politicians that have been bought that have done a lot more damage to this country than that guy. Not saying his patriotism isn’t lacking.
Link Posted: 10/28/2022 11:11:41 AM EDT
[#19]
This is an interesting analysis of how China has overstated their GDP by 60%. The means of detecting this is fascinating(he shows his work, and the implications are dire.

China's Economy is 60% Smaller Than We Thought

Link Posted: 10/28/2022 11:21:09 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 10/28/2022 11:39:55 AM EDT
[#21]

I’d wager we have politicians that have been bought that have done a lot more damage to this country than that guy. Not saying his patriotism isn’t lacking.
View All Quotes

some people's lives.

Link Posted: 10/28/2022 11:42:35 AM EDT
[#22]

I'll bet Putin will be pleased to see that.
Link Posted: 10/28/2022 11:51:43 AM EDT
[#23]

View All Quotes

When I saw that, I couldn’t help but think of this story from way back in 2008.

As if Things Weren't Bad Enough, Russian Professor Predicts End of U.S.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/SB123051100709638419
Link Posted: 10/28/2022 12:10:21 PM EDT
[#24]

And it seems that any attempt at peace or even calls for peace have been blatantly sabotaged as well.  

Pun firmly intended!

View Quote

Precisely correct.

Here's confirmation Putin wants to negotiate
contrary to the US and NATO liberal LIARS.

Putin just did the UNTHINKABLE and they're ignoring it, again | Redacted with Clayton Morris

Link Posted: 10/28/2022 12:18:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Canoeguy] [#25]

http://amcatholic.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/us_future_map1.gif?resize=450%2C352

View Quote

Yea, I can’t see a dissolution looking like that map of the US. Once violence breaks out you will see how conservative people really are. There is no way Appalachia America is going to be included with states joining the soon to be defunct EU.

But regardless I think any altercation would be for the whole enchilada. But there really wouldn’t be much of an altercation because if it comes to actual arms one side would win very quickly. Instead what the left wants is to continue down the path of the slow boiling pot while listen to all of the naysayers in here tell us everything is fine because their power is still on and they are at Applebees last night.

ETA: But that article is good for highlighting how dangerous it is assigning your own societiey's beliefs and morals to another. No one that is a halfway informed American would draw a map like that. We are doing a similar mistake when we try to understand China and Russia and what they may do but we do it as if they think like us.
Link Posted: 10/28/2022 12:30:47 PM EDT
[#26]

http://amcatholic.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/us_future_map1.gif?resize=450%2C352

View Quote

No. Just no.
KY will not be joining that  NE group.
Probably following along /w Tennessee.
Link Posted: 10/28/2022 12:31:15 PM EDT
[#27]

Now do California.
Link Posted: 10/28/2022 12:34:52 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Canoeguy:

Yea, I can’t see a dissolution looking like that map of the US. Once violence breaks out you will see how conservative people really are. There is no way Appalachia America is going to be included with states joining the soon to be defunct EU.

But regardless I think any altercation would be for the whole enchilada. But there really wouldn’t be much of an altercation because if it comes to actual arms one side would win very quickly. Instead what the left wants is to continue down the path of the slow boiling pot while listen to all of the naysayers in here tell us everything is fine because their power is still on and they are at Applebees last night.
View All Quotes

Probably true.  It worked for Lincoln.  

This was in an episode of Supernatural around the same time as the article.  

Link Posted: 10/28/2022 12:58:15 PM EDT
[#29]
Darren Beattie’s perspective on Twitter and Elon Musk

6 months ago - Elon Musk buying Twitter would be war against  controlled information
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iThdBWh6shs

July 11 - Twitter is a hotbed for intelligence community activities

October 26 - Government will go after Elon Musk’s acquisition of Twitter as a national security risk  

View Quote

Yep, The Regime ain’t gonna like that one damn bit!

Elon Musk Could End Twitter Bans on These Seven Accounts

1.  Donald Trump

2.  Marjorie Taylor Greene

3.  Steve Bannon

4.  Alex Jones

5.  Tommy Robinson

6.  Katie Hopkins

7.  Babylon Bee

https://www.mysanantonio.com/business/article/Elon-Musk-Could-End-Twitter-Bans-on-These-Six-17541491.php

Link Posted: 10/28/2022 1:03:24 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By disco_jon75:
Its been said before... you'll know how close to collapse we are based upon how shrill the cries for gun control become.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/28/2022 5:10:45 PM EDT
[#31]

View Quote

We certainly do.

John McStain on Humanity
Harry Reid
malignancy pelosi
Chuckie Schemer
Dianne Feinstein
Turtle McConnel
Link Posted: 10/28/2022 5:15:47 PM EDT
[#32]
Maybe I should pause and issue a challenge. Post older doom and gloom predictions from the various people cited here that actually came true.
View Quote

And definitely include Peter Zeihan.
Link Posted: 10/28/2022 5:21:00 PM EDT
[#33]

View All Quotes

At the rate he puts out videos it would be a full time job keeping track of his predictions. I suppose he's making hay while the sun shines. All that comes to mind is doom in the next few months (particularly for Russia and Europe)...for the last year...waiting...

Link Posted: 10/28/2022 5:45:50 PM EDT
[#34]

I have said it before but I will say it again...The world I grew up in has ended and I am only 46. You see it as a minor inconvenience because you are looking at it only as a monetary/ comfort viewpoint. It's an absolute tragedy the freedom we have lost in that timeframe and that control over us was bought by simply making sure comfort was the norm. It was planned and has been carried out with shocking efficiency. Now we are in a place we have never been before as a nation and as a world while we face the challenges around us. This is uncharted territory. Do you know who actually cared about the threats Ice ages and global warmings? Almost no one, it was just headlines in National Geographic. Y2K? we were all partying. That crap you guys love to bring up was only worried about by some fringe element. People are indeed worried today, more worry than I have seen in my lifetime that is for sure. If you personally want to live in ignorant bliss then you definitely should. Some people do indeed have a hard time balancing living their life while also staying plugged in, I get that. But the rest of us are going to continue to strain what info we are allowed to have to attempt to plot the best course for our lives, our families, and our businesses.

View All Quotes

I'm 58. From my point of view the life we once knew died with the passage of the Patriot Act and other post-9/11 overreach. Every assault on what it meant to be an American and patriotic accelerated after those days. Now a generation has grown up thinking that the expectation of privacy is just stupid boomer bullshit, everyone accepts that the NSA records literally everything, that of course their phones and smart home devices spy on them but it's OK because they have "nothing to hide". No mindset could be more antithetical to the concept of freedom of what America is supposed to be.

Our rights will not be taken from us, they will just continue to be given away by people who don't realize that they exist or matter. The right to abort, or smoke weed, mutilate genitals, or riot are what matters. Privacy, free speech, free association not so much.

Link Posted: 10/28/2022 6:02:25 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By juan223:

Well when the corporate politicians and corporations allowed our manufacturing base to move to China the writing was on the wall.  EVERYTHING is for sale.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By juan223:

some people's lives.

Sadly this.....many just now see it as getting theirs.   Corporate america made a killing giving away IP to china and some of that IP was US gov't financed.  These guys can't see the difference.

At this point both should be treated as traitors
Link Posted: 10/28/2022 6:12:42 PM EDT
[#36]
View Quote

I respect your opinion. You may very well be right. This thread is to provide information. Much of the information here is fact, and much is opinion. It's
up to each of us to accept these opinions as possible or just doom and gloom BS. Although you have every right to your opinion, you don't have a right
to spam this thread. Please respect the OP, and stop shitting here!
Link Posted: 10/28/2022 6:24:57 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Flushdraw:

I respect your opinion. You may very well be right. This thread is to provide information. Much of the information here is fact, and much is opinion. It's
up to each of us to accept these opinions as possible or just doom and gloom BS. Although you have every right to your opinion, you don't have a right
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Flushdraw:

THIS!
Link Posted: 10/28/2022 6:38:32 PM EDT
[#38]

View Quote

They can try, but we will be soon known as Appalachiastan.  Mohammad ain't got shit on Jihad Jim Bob.
Link Posted: 10/28/2022 6:41:42 PM EDT
[#39]
In the recent past, I have gone on record here deploring the high cost of meat and the poor condition of the produce. In my trip to the grocery store today, neither condition was present.  See photos below.  The meat has dropped precipitously in the last couple of weeks, and the apples look fresh and pristine.

However, I am seeing selection issues and higher prices in general.  For example, regular Fritos were missing, but scoops were in stock. To me, that looks like reduced capacity at the plants, so they alternate what they can do.  I didn’t buy a lot of expensive stuff. Mostly staples like milk and flour. The only meat was a little pastrami. But my four half-full bags of groceries cost right at $100.  Two years ago, the same would have been around $60.00.  The produce looked good, but some of my favorite varieties were missing in the apples section.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/28/2022 6:59:29 PM EDT
[#40]
Some decent sales at one of the local grocery stores this week. Campbells chunky soup 2 for $3, Frito lay chips, $2 a bag, Mi Honeycrisp apples $1.39 a lb, Sirloin tip $3.99 lb,Banquet pot pies 5 for $5, Peter pan peanut butter $2 a jar, Breyers Ice Cream 2 for $7, Quick oats 42 oz for $3, Hunts asst kinds Tomatoes and sauce 4 for $5, frozen veggies $1 a bag, Applesauce 3lb jar, $2.Snow Crab $10.99 lb NY strip $4.99 lb, Sirloin tip steak $4.29 lb, $1 2 liter soda, 16 oz whole mushrooms, $3. Not to bad if you shop sales as I do.
Link Posted: 10/28/2022 7:29:04 PM EDT
[#41]
Just got back from Lowes to pick a few 20 gallon containers. Website said they had 24 in stock, nothing on the shelf.  Got an associate to help, but they were not where they were supposed be and she didn’t know were they were, if even in the store.

Their in store inventory was pretty sad.  All I left with was one 10 gallon container and one 5 gallon container.

It’s the weekend so if you haven’t watch this following video of the closing of the BASF facility in Germany, I recommend it.  Manmade disasters and mother nature may both have a huge impact on future crops for years to come.

https://theinfowar.tv/watch?id=635af2bee16fe33477b87276

Link Posted: 10/28/2022 7:30:42 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By tooter:

Precisely correct.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivgSI-lAmGI
View All Quotes

Pun firmly intended!

Precisely correct.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivgSI-lAmGI

Oh please.... that channel is pro Putin.  They quote Zelensky saying there can't be peace while Russia targets infrastructure then call him a hypocrite for blowing up the bridge in Crimea.

I'm not on anyone's side on this one except for the poor civilians caught in the middle of this.  

Russia is wrong for invading.  The USA is guilty in everything it gets involved in.  And Zelensky did everything he could to pick a fight with Russia thinking he could run back to NATO for protection.    

Link Posted: 10/29/2022 3:10:16 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By nwalker77:

Oh please.... that channel is pro Putin.  They quote Zelensky saying there can't be peace while Russia targets infrastructure then call him a hypocrite for blowing up the bridge in Crimea.

I'm not on anyone's side on this one except for the poor civilians caught in the middle of this.  

Russia is wrong for invading.  The USA is guilty in everything it gets involved in.  And Zelensky did everything he could to pick a fight with Russia thinking he could run back to NATO for protection.    

View Quote

They're actually not.
There are obviously no "good guys" in this war.
The friction between Putin and US/NATO
is because Putin is a nationalist dictator,
while the US/NATO are globalist bureaucracies.
Link Posted: 10/29/2022 8:21:53 AM EDT
[#44]

Here's a challenge for you.
Don't click on this thread ever again.

View Quote
At the bottom of page 67 I am 'predicting' he'll fail that by the bottom of page 68.
Link Posted: 10/29/2022 9:57:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: amannamedjed] [#45]
In yet another futilile attempt to keep this thread on topic, I am going to inject a little humor.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/29/2022 1:12:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tooter] [#46]

some people's lives.
View Quote

This is why it's important
to make your own money.

Then you keep your values,
because you can't be bought.
Link Posted: 10/29/2022 2:07:19 PM EDT
[#47]

to make your own money.

View All Quotes

some people's lives.

to make your own money.

Emphatically agree!
Link Posted: 10/29/2022 2:27:18 PM EDT
[#48]
Boss Of Germany's BASF Warns Against 'China Bashing'

The boss of Germany's BASF warned Wednesday against "China bashing" and said the chemicals giant would push on with major investments there, despite concerns about growing economic dependence on the Asian giant.

The company is building up its business in Asia as its European operations come under pressure, particularly due to the surging price of energy triggered by the Ukraine war.

But there are worries about German firms becoming too economically reliant on authoritarian China, as the Europe's economic powerhouse smarts from years of over-dependence on Russian gas imports.

CEO Martin Brudermueller insisted BASF's expansion plans in the country, where it is building a 10-billion-euro ($10 billion) chemical complex, had not changed.

While recognising there are "concerns" about what happens in China politically, he said: "We have business relations which are important for the German economy... We have an extremely profitable China business."

The firm had asked "critical questions" about its Chinese investment, but decided that it was "a good opportunity," he said.

Speaking more broadly about economic ties, he urged: "Let's move away from China bashing."

Germany needed to "look more at ourselves... at our weaknesses," added the chief executive, who will be among a business delegation accompanying Chancellor Olaf Scholz on a visit to China next week.

His comment's came after a row erupted in Germany's coalition government about whether to allow a Chinese firm to buy a stake in a Hamburg port terminal.

Scholz ultimately defied calls from six ministries to veto the sale over security concerns, instead permitting the company to acquire a reduced stake.

Brudermueller also defended the forthcoming China trip: "I think it is a good signal in this moment to go there."

Earlier this month, BASF unveiled a plan aimed at cutting costs by 500 million euros, which will be focused on Europe and particularly Germany, and will include job losses.

On Wednesday, Brudermueller said costs would have to be cut "permanently" in Europe, citing a weakening regional market and surging energy costs.

BASF reported a net profit of 909 million euros in the third quarter, down from 1.25 billion during the same quarter last year.

https://www.barrons.com/news/boss-of-germany-s-basf-warns-against-china-bashing-01666789207

Link Posted: 10/29/2022 2:35:01 PM EDT
[#49]
Boss Of Germany's BASF Warns Against 'China Bashing'

The boss of Germany's BASF warned Wednesday against "China bashing" and said the chemicals giant would push on with major investments there, despite concerns about growing economic dependence on the Asian giant.

The company is building up its business in Asia as its European operations come under pressure, particularly due to the surging price of energy triggered by the Ukraine war.

But there are worries about German firms becoming too economically reliant on authoritarian China, as the Europe's economic powerhouse smarts from years of over-dependence on Russian gas imports.

CEO Martin Brudermueller insisted BASF's expansion plans in the country, where it is building a 10-billion-euro ($10 billion) chemical complex, had not changed.

While recognising there are "concerns" about what happens in China politically, he said: "We have business relations which are important for the German economy... We have an extremely profitable China business."

The firm had asked "critical questions" about its Chinese investment, but decided that it was "a good opportunity," he said.

Speaking more broadly about economic ties, he urged: "Let's move away from China bashing."

Germany needed to "look more at ourselves... at our weaknesses," added the chief executive, who will be among a business delegation accompanying Chancellor Olaf Scholz on a visit to China next week.

His comment's came after a row erupted in Germany's coalition government about whether to allow a Chinese firm to buy a stake in a Hamburg port terminal.

Scholz ultimately defied calls from six ministries to veto the sale over security concerns, instead permitting the company to acquire a reduced stake.

Brudermueller also defended the forthcoming China trip: "I think it is a good signal in this moment to go there."

Earlier this month, BASF unveiled a plan aimed at cutting costs by 500 million euros, which will be focused on Europe and particularly Germany, and will include job losses.

On Wednesday, Brudermueller said costs would have to be cut "permanently" in Europe, citing a weakening regional market and surging energy costs.

BASF reported a net profit of 909 million euros in the third quarter, down from 1.25 billion during the same quarter last year.

https://www.barrons.com/news/boss-of-germany-s-basf-warns-against-china-bashing-01666789207

View Quote

Every one but China is going to regret this.
Link Posted: 10/29/2022 2:40:43 PM EDT
[#50]
ID2020 — Your Digital ID of the Future Has Arrived

Story at-a-glance

- The ID2020 Alliance is a public-private partnership founded by Bill Gates’ GAVI: The Vaccine Alliance, The Rockefeller Foundation, Microsoft, Accenture and Ideo.org

- General partners in the alliance include, among others, Facebook, Mastercard, the United Nations International Computing Centre and Okta, an identity platform

- The ID2020 Alliance is painting itself as the global identification superpower, intent on creating a digital ID that will track you throughout your life, via the help of multibillion-dollar corporations

- In the end, the global superpowers won’t go so far as to create a worldwide digital ID that can simply be left behind when you feel like it; they’ll want something more permanent, something that can’t be left at home, like an implantable microchip

- Whatever the “final” digital ID ends up being called, it will include your digital identity, vaccination status and other health data, along with programmable central bank digital currencies (CBDCs), for starters

https://www.theburningplatform.com/2022/10/28/id2020-your-digital-id-of-the-future-has-arrived/

Page / 315
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top