Page / 315
Link Posted: 11/1/2022 8:50:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Alacran:
CRAZY!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbV-yUSQzkM

View Quote

After 2020 any information coming out of China is suspect.
Link Posted: 11/1/2022 8:53:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/1/2022 8:59:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By amannamedjed:

I don't watch a lot of these videos.  But some of them really catch my eye for reasons I can't explain.  This one did.  Employees of the iPhone plant are escaping their dormitories in an attempt to walk all the way home to other cities.  Some of them are caught, sprayed with antiseptic and sent back.  Others escape by various means.  People along the way sometimes provide them with food and drink.

Why are they escaping a good paying job like the iPhone assembly plant?  
1) They are in yet another of China's zero tolerance covid lockdowns.  So the employees are locked in their dormitories.
2) Rumors that they are running out of food motivate them to escape those dormitories.

Are they running out of food?  Good question.  It's hard to get accurate information out of China.  But there seems to be enough fear that they are fleeing whether they have food or not.  It seems to me things would have to be pretty bad before they simply walked away from food and shelter.  If there was sufficient food to feed people in their dorms, I can't see thousands of people attempting a trek across the country side unless there really was some kind of food crisis.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
CRAZY!

I don't watch a lot of these videos.  But some of them really catch my eye for reasons I can't explain.  This one did.  Employees of the iPhone plant are escaping their dormitories in an attempt to walk all the way home to other cities.  Some of them are caught, sprayed with antiseptic and sent back.  Others escape by various means.  People along the way sometimes provide them with food and drink.

Why are they escaping a good paying job like the iPhone assembly plant?  
1) They are in yet another of China's zero tolerance covid lockdowns.  So the employees are locked in their dormitories.
2) Rumors that they are running out of food motivate them to escape those dormitories.

Are they running out of food?  Good question.  It's hard to get accurate information out of China.  But there seems to be enough fear that they are fleeing whether they have food or not.  It seems to me things would have to be pretty bad before they simply walked away from food and shelter.  If there was sufficient food to feed people in their dorms, I can't see thousands of people attempting a trek across the country side unless there really was some kind of food crisis.

I believe they put netting around the dorm perimeter a few years ago (before COViD) because of the number of workers at FoxCon who were committing suicide by jumping off the roof.  It didn’t have a very good reputation as a place to work back then.

Trying to flee this place isn’t surprising.  What is, is the number who were able to actually get out.

Link Posted: 11/1/2022 9:05:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By KillerDyller:

Man, that's a pretty fucking bold statement to make.
View All Quotes
He is getting more and more bold with his assertions.

Michael Yon@MichaelYon
48 seconds ago
Green Zombies are the Leading Cause of Pollution
01 November 2022
Bangkok, Thailand

I am here preparing a letter for the King of Thailand to warn about the famines. Having just left almost four months crisscrossing Europe looking at the destruction caused by Green Zombies and other idolaters who worship figurines of an average Swedish girl as their Zeus. Their Goddess Greta has led them to cold, poverty, and hunger.

You will see reports of cannibalism across Europe within two years. Print this out and out it on the wall.

Destroy the Globalist. Destroy them now.

https://andmagazine.substack.com/p/europe-is-transitioning-to-coal

Indeed.  Since he just came from there, I guess he has a little more insight into the situation, but wow!

I will say it seems the negative projections of the future have noticeably increased lately.  I guess that’s understandable since there’s very little positive reports in the news anymore.

Link Posted: 11/1/2022 9:08:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By trails-end:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By trails-end:
CRAZY!

True. That’s also somewhat true everywhere since 2020 as well.  

I just equate it with the unrests that going on in the rest of the world.

Link Posted: 11/1/2022 9:12:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Nearly 40% of small businesses in the US failed to pay rent in October - with more than HALF saying their prices have been hiked at least 10% over the past six months

- The findings, published Tuesday by Boston-based business tracker Alignable, illustrate the stark effect inflation is having on everyday Americans
- The survey of 4,789 small business owners saw more than half of respondents say their rent is at least 10 percent higher than it was six months ago
- If you go back seven months, the majority said rents have increased 20 percent
- The study found that roughly 37 percent of small businesses - almost half of all Americans working in the private sector - were left unable to pay rent in October
- Compounding concerns is the fact that several states, such as New York, and California, are already well over the already-high national average

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11375965/Nearly-40-small-businesses-failed-pay-rent-October.html

Link Posted: 11/1/2022 9:19:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Nearly 40% of small businesses in the US failed to pay rent in October - with more than HALF saying their prices have been hiked at least 10% over the past six months

- The findings, published Tuesday by Boston-based business tracker Alignable, illustrate the stark effect inflation is having on everyday Americans
- The survey of 4,789 small business owners saw more than half of respondents say their rent is at least 10 percent higher than it was six months ago
- If you go back seven months, the majority said rents have increased 20 percent
- The study found that roughly 37 percent of small businesses - almost half of all Americans working in the private sector - were left unable to pay rent in October
- Compounding concerns is the fact that several states, such as New York, and California, are already well over the already-high national average

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11375965/Nearly-40-small-businesses-failed-pay-rent-October.html

View Quote

40%? Wow if that’s accurate at all. Can’t imagine 40% of strip centers and the like being eventually evicted for non payment.
Link Posted: 11/1/2022 9:23:00 AM EDT
[#8]
This headline speaks volumes, IMHO.

Ukraine tells GOP it ‘can’t just be about guns’

Volodymyr Zelenskyy and his team believe the military aid will keep coming. It’s economic aid that has them worried.

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/10/31/ukraines-gop-more-than-weapons-00064092

View Quote

Good. We should open a tab on economic loans they can pay back. Or make them our 51st state.

Link Posted: 11/1/2022 9:34:48 AM EDT
[#9]

View All Quotes

Michael Yon@MichaelYon
48 seconds ago
01 November 2022
Bangkok, Thailand

I am here preparing a letter for the King of Thailand to warn about the famines. Having just left almost four months crisscrossing Europe looking at the destruction caused by Green Zombies and other idolaters who worship figurines of an average Swedish girl as their Zeus. Their Goddess Greta has led them to cold, poverty, and hunger.

You will see reports of cannibalism across Europe within two years. Print this out and out it on the wall.

Yeah. I’m beginning to wonder if Yon is starting down the road to madness.
Link Posted: 11/1/2022 9:58:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By CPT_CAVEMAN:

Good. We should open a tab on economic loans they can pay back. Or make them our 51st state.

View All Quotes

Volodymyr Zelenskyy and his team believe the military aid will keep coming. It’s economic aid that has them worried.

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/10/31/ukraines-gop-more-than-weapons-00064092

Good idea, but we'll never see a penny.
Link Posted: 11/1/2022 10:00:21 AM EDT
[#11]

View All Quotes

Michael Yon@MichaelYon
48 seconds ago
01 November 2022
Bangkok, Thailand

Just a question. But how much stuff he predicted 1-2 years ago has come true? OP keeps posting his new stuff but never revisits his old.
Link Posted: 11/1/2022 10:19:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Nailcrusher:
40%? Wow if that’s accurate at all. Can’t imagine 40% of strip centers and the like being eventually evicted for non payment.
View Quote

That number seems insanely high when you consider many small businesses are home-based and operate from residences.
Link Posted: 11/1/2022 10:37:15 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Bubbles:

That number seems insanely high when you consider many small businesses are home-based and operate from residences.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Bubbles:

I don't find that number hard to believe.  Considering 20% of small businesses fail within their first year, another 20% to 30% that is struggling does not seem unlikely.  These are traditional numbers, by the way, not post-covid, high-inflation numbers.
Link Posted: 11/1/2022 10:37:38 AM EDT
[#14]

Just a question. But how much stuff he predicted 1-2 years ago has come true? OP keeps posting his new stuff but never revisits his old.
View All Quotes

Michael Yon@MichaelYon
48 seconds ago
01 November 2022
Bangkok, Thailand

I guess you missed the posts a few pages back.  

Listing Yon’s prediction of a Trump landslide win in 2020 as a failed prediction was one that was put forth as an example.  That one doesn’t exactly count as a failure in my book.

From what I’ve seen of his major predictions, i.e. civil war in the US and global famine, the jury is still out.  Most of the ones I’ve seen lately, center around the current war, famine, & pandemic threats which tie into the global famine prediction.  To a certain extent, even the civil war in the US prediction could be tied to his two years of food prediction.

Either way, current situations are headed towards the direction of his predictions rather than away from them, at least right now.  Otherwise, this thread would have died months ago.

Link Posted: 11/1/2022 10:54:42 AM EDT
[#15]
I still say all of this is shaping up to be a world war between NATO oriented countries and BRICS oriented countries over control of the global economy.

Qatar Rejects Energy Price Cap, Threatens to Cut Europe’s Gas Supply | Europe Energy Crisis

Link Posted: 11/1/2022 11:24:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: amannamedjed] [#16]

Listing Yon’s prediction of a Trump landslide win in 2020 as a failed prediction was one that was put forth as an example.  That one doesn’t exactly count as a failure in my book.

From what I’ve seen of his major predictions, i.e. civil war in the US and global famine, the jury is still out.  Most of the ones I’ve seen lately, center around the current war, famine, & pandemic threats which tie into the global famine prediction.  To a certain extent, even the civil war in the US prediction could be tied to his two years of food prediction.

Either way, current situations are headed towards the direction of his predictions rather than away from them, at least right now.  Otherwise, this thread would have died months ago.

View All Quotes

Michael Yon@MichaelYon
48 seconds ago
01 November 2022
Bangkok, Thailand

Yeah.  I'm going to agree with that.  I look around and things seem alright around me.  But there is real data and real stuff out there showing things are gradually going off the rails around the world, not just the usual bad stuff that always happens.  I don't know how bad it is going to get here in the states.  But I am still strongly leaning towards some kind of major food and energy fubar.

ETA:  This situation in Brazil has me somewhat concerned.  Brazil has always been a relatively prosperous place.  I am afraid that a country in South America with 210 million people that suddenly turns down the road towards Venezuela implies a lot more economic refugees flooding our borders.  More mouths to feed while simultaneously losing farm production capability seems like that alone will drive prices higher, even if nothing else comes along.
Link Posted: 11/1/2022 12:07:08 PM EDT
[#17]
I want to briefly discuss the favelas in Brazil.  Between 12 and 13 million people live in these.  Everyone thinks of Rio de Janeiro, but they are located around all the big cities.  Some of these people have steady jobs and are living fairly comfortably.  Some live off the drug trade and are in violent gangs.  Many have some kind of economic support that keeps them from starvation.

Looking around the world, what always happens when the marxists take over the government?  In every case, there begins a long slide towards economic ruin.  In some cases, it happens rapidly.  Most of the time, it takes a few years.  If the country is fairly prosperous, as Brazil has been, then the marxist government can live off the fat of the land for quite a while before the rot destroys the country.  So it would seem Brazil is not going to see economic disaster for some time.

However, the favelas have a lot of people that are living on the edge.  Right now, they have enough to eat.  But they don't have a lot of margin there.  If the economy turns south, as it surely will, it will not take a long time before those people slip from just above the edge, to just below it.  When poor people don't have enough to eat, they vote for more stuff for themselves (as they just did).  But if the government is already marxist, they demonstrate, then riot, then get violent.  The favelas are riddled with dozens of gangs.  These gangs will make the situation worse because they will do what gangs always do in those conditions.  They will rob others to provide for themselves and their dependents.  So the gang wars will get even worse than they are now.

People will flee the favelas.  They will flee because they are hungry.  They will flee because they are afraid of the violence.  And some people, from the wealthy areas, will flee because they see the writing on the wall and want to escape with their assets before they are confiscated.  

That is a lot of people looking for a new and better life.  And you know where that leads.
Link Posted: 11/1/2022 1:18:32 PM EDT
[#18]

Yeah.  I'm going to agree with that.  I look around and things seem alright around me.  But there is real data and real stuff out there showing things are gradually going off the rails around the world, not just the usual bad stuff that always happens.  I don't know how bad it is going to get here in the states.  But I am still strongly leaning towards some kind of major food and energy fubar.

ETA:  This situation in Brazil has me somewhat concerned.  Brazil has always been a relatively prosperous place.  I am afraid that a country in South America with 210 million people that suddenly turns down the road towards Venezuela implies a lot more economic refugees flooding our borders.  More mouths to feed while simultaneously losing farm production capability seems like that alone will drive prices higher, even if nothing else comes along.
View All Quotes

Michael Yon@MichaelYon
48 seconds ago
01 November 2022
Bangkok, Thailand

I agree that Brazil is a big deal.  The main thing I see it it is the “B” in BRICS and will be a major blow to that side as well as using their economic downturn to further destroy America in the ways you have already mentioned.  Now they can control the flow at both ends like they are doing in other parts of S. America.

Link Posted: 11/1/2022 2:01:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Nailcrusher] [#19]
I want to briefly discuss the favelas in Brazil.  Between 12 and 13 million people live in these.  Everyone thinks of Rio de Janeiro, but they are located around all the big cities.  Some of these people have steady jobs and are living fairly comfortably.  Some live off the drug trade and are in violent gangs.  Many have some kind of economic support that keeps them from starvation.

Looking around the world, what always happens when the marxists take over the government?  In every case, there begins a long slide towards economic ruin.  In some cases, it happens rapidly.  Most of the time, it takes a few years.  If the country is fairly prosperous, as Brazil has been, then the marxist government can live off the fat of the land for quite a while before the rot destroys the country.  So it would seem Brazil is not going to see economic disaster for some time.

However, the favelas have a lot of people that are living on the edge.  Right now, they have enough to eat.  But they don't have a lot of margin there.  If the economy turns south, as it surely will, it will not take a long time before those people slip from just above the edge, to just below it.  When poor people don't have enough to eat, they vote for more stuff for themselves (as they just did).  But if the government is already marxist, they demonstrate, then riot, then get violent.  The favelas are riddled with dozens of gangs.  These gangs will make the situation worse because they will do what gangs always do in those conditions.  They will rob others to provide for themselves and their dependents.  So the gang wars will get even worse than they are now.

People will flee the favelas.  They will flee because they are hungry.  They will flee because they are afraid of the violence.  And some people, from the wealthy areas, will flee because they see the writing on the wall and want to escape with their assets before they are confiscated.  

That is a lot of people looking for a new and better life.  And you know where that leads.
View Quote

It might not even be a long slide in Brazil if these election protests get violent enough to morph into a civil war. That happens and the supply chain gets interrupted any worse than it probably already has and things could get interesting.
Link Posted: 11/1/2022 2:58:28 PM EDT
[#20]

I agree that Brazil is a big deal.  The main thing I see it it is the “B” in BRICS and will be a major blow to that side as well as using their economic downturn to further destroy America in the ways you have already mentioned.  Now they can control the flow at both ends like they are doing in other parts of S. America.

View Quote

I don’t know much about BRICS.  I know what it is, but not how that could affect the United States.  Perhaps you could elaborate on that.
Link Posted: 11/1/2022 3:01:10 PM EDT
[#21]
TommyRobinsonOfficial@TommyRobinsonOfficial
3h
·
The office for national statistics are holding back the nationalities of those who participated in the UK 2021 census.

Speaks volumes.

https://media.gab.com/system/media_attachments/files/119/259/981/original/4d231651cdb0c0be.jpg

https://gab.com/TommyRobinsonOfficial/posts/109265351794513227

View Quote

Translation:

We have committed national suicide by importing millions of foreign nationals who live in parallel societies and want to make this country more like their own, rather than assimilate or follow our mores, morals and laws.  We will hide this fact from the public as long as we can.
Link Posted: 11/1/2022 3:11:54 PM EDT
[#22]
4h
·
Mark Steyn and Eva Vlaardingerbroek discuss CBDCs and a new bill from the Dutch government which proposes monitoring all transactions over 100 Euros:

"They will know everything about you through the money that you spend...There's a presumption of guilt, you are being treated as a criminal".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7lpltSLA4Q

https://gab.com/TommyRobinsonOfficial/posts/109265174293629384

View Quote

All the western countries are in lockstep, going full speed ahead to CBDC and digital iD.  Won't be long till Malignancy Pelosi introduces a bill here.  They can't wait to have absolute surveillance and control over what you are allowed to purchase.  

Remember, the government only has the power and authority that the People concede to it.  Consent of the governed can and should at times be withdrawn.
Link Posted: 11/1/2022 3:18:11 PM EDT
[#23]

View Quote

"There’s a recognition in Kyiv that they’re going to have to work with Republicans to help them understand that support for Ukraine can’t just be about guns.” That means money to erase Ukraine’s budget deficit, and to underwrite the energy sector and other civil services such as schools.

Last time I checked, Ukrainians paid zero taxes to the USA, yet the bastards expect and demand we underwrite their education, energy and civil services, bail out their out of control spending and insure money laundering profits.

Fuck that noise.  They need to pay back the $60 billion they have already received.  Then maybe we will consider asset backed loans.
Link Posted: 11/1/2022 3:27:12 PM EDT
[#24]

I believe they put netting around the dorm perimeter a few years ago (before COViD) because of the number of workers at FoxCon who were committing suicide by jumping off the roof.  It didn’t have a very good reputation as a place to work back then.

Trying to flee this place isn’t surprising.  What is, is the number who were able to actually get out.

View Quote

Calling the living areas dorms is in the loosest meaning of the word.  They aren't like college dorms or apartments.   They are living in what amounts to broom closets.  Tiny space smaller than a prison cell.  The pics are insane.
Link Posted: 11/1/2022 3:59:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By viralinsurgency:

Translation:

We have committed national suicide by importing millions of foreign nationals who live in parallel societies and want to make this country more like their own, rather than assimilate or follow our mores, morals and laws.  We will hide this fact from the public as long as we can.
View All Quotes
3h
·
The office for national statistics are holding back the nationalities of those who participated in the UK 2021 census.

Speaks volumes.

https://media.gab.com/system/media_attachments/files/119/259/981/original/4d231651cdb0c0be.jpg

https://gab.com/TommyRobinsonOfficial/posts/109265351794513227

Translation:

That’s exactly what’s wrong with immigration today.
Link Posted: 11/1/2022 4:02:33 PM EDT
[#26]

View Quote

I wouldn't say 'madness'..... but the reality is, that if you perpetually look for only negative 'indicators' of the trajectory of societies.... its easy to find them.

With that said.... we ARE IN clown world 2.0, and societies are being brought to their knees for a reason. Evil is not just among us, its running the show at this point.

Interesting times are ahead... there will be a 'culling of the heard' and only the strong/prepared will weather it with some form of comfort.
Link Posted: 11/1/2022 4:43:19 PM EDT
[#27]

I don’t know much about BRICS.  I know what it is, but not how that could affect the United States.  Perhaps you could elaborate on that.
View All Quotes

The way I see it, things are aligning towards a battle (World War) between NATO associated countries and BRICS associated countries over who controls the world economy.   The US is in the process of dumping the petrodollar and wanting to transition to CBDC.  BRICS has several oil producing countries wanting to join them as they are building currencies backed by gold with one of their currencies also becoming the new petro-currency.

There are no “good guys” here as both are progressing towards a single digital currency format in the end.  At least one will supposedly be backed by gold, but probably won’t mean a whole lot if private ownership of gold is outlawed like we’ve seen before.  Who knows what the other one will be backed with?

I don’t see either world having any room in it for the America that we all love and cherish or any country based on Nationalism for that matter.

Link Posted: 11/1/2022 4:50:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: fxntime] [#28]

"There’s a recognition in Kyiv that they’re going to have to work with Republicans to help them understand that support for Ukraine can’t just be about guns.” That means money to erase Ukraine’s budget deficit, and to underwrite the energy sector and other civil services such as schools.

Last time I checked, Ukrainians paid zero taxes to the USA, yet the bastards expect and demand we underwrite their education, energy and civil services, bail out their out of control spending and insure money laundering profits.

Fuck that noise.  They need to pay back the $60 billion they have already received.  Then maybe we will consider asset backed loans.
View All Quotes

You mean exactly like our ''territories?'' They should have been cut loose 50 years ago to sink or swim, instead, they are the drowning person trying to drag down the lifeguard, all the while holding onto a big bag of shit.
Link Posted: 11/1/2022 4:53:28 PM EDT
[#29]

Calling the living areas dorms is in the loosest meaning of the word.  They aren't like college dorms or apartments.   They are living in what amounts to broom closets.  Tiny space smaller than a prison cell.  The pics are insane.
View All Quotes

The thing that I noticed around the same time that I heard about the suicide netting at FoxCom was that companies in the US were starting to build work campuses along with adjoining apartment complexes so workers could live & work without the burden of commuting to work.

Of course this was all before the push for working at home that COViD brought about.

Link Posted: 11/1/2022 4:55:45 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By AZ-Dave:

I wouldn't say 'madness'..... but the reality is, that if you perpetually look for only negative 'indicators' of the trajectory of societies.... its easy to find them.

With that said.... we ARE IN clown world 2.0, and societies are being brought to their knees for a reason. Evil is not just among us, its running the show at this point.

Interesting times are ahead... there will be a 'culling of the heard' and only the strong/prepared will weather it with some form of comfort.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AZ-Dave:

Good point.  If you are completely immersed in looking at this stuff, and are not looking at anything else, it can certainly warp the way you view things.
Link Posted: 11/1/2022 4:59:10 PM EDT
[#31]

The way I see it, things are aligning towards a battle (World War) between NATO associated countries and BRICS associated countries over who controls the world economy.   The US is in the process of dumping the petrodollar and wanting to transition to CBDC.  BRICS has several oil producing countries wanting to join them as they are building currencies backed by gold with one of their currencies also becoming the new petro-currency.

There are no “good guys” here as both are progressing towards a single digital currency format in the end.  At least one will supposedly be backed by gold, but probably won’t mean a whole lot if private ownership of gold is outlawed like we’ve seen before.  Who knows what the other one will be backed with?

I don’t see either world having any room in it for the America that we all love and cherish or any country based on Nationalism for that matter.
View Quote

So all the gold bugs would be forced to sell?  Or confiscated?  And would that just be in the BRICS countries?  I don't see a lot of Indians or Brazilians with enough disposable coin to buy a lotta gold.
Link Posted: 11/1/2022 5:21:08 PM EDT
[#32]
3h
·
Truckers, farmers and patriots take Brazil.

They ask the military leaders to arrest Lula: "We will not allow a corrupt criminal to rule us!"

https://gab.com/TommyRobinsonOfficial/posts/109269813926696749

Link Posted: 11/1/2022 5:50:34 PM EDT
[#33]

It might not even be a long slide in Brazil if these election protests get violent enough to morph into a civil war. That happens and the supply chain gets interrupted any worse than it probably already has and things could get interesting.
View All Quotes

Iirc their agriculture industry relies heavily on imported fertilizers and they're not going to be producing much without them

https://www.reuters.com/markets/commodities/brazils-fertilizer-imports-jump-farmers-prepare-plant-new-crop-2022-07-01/

Per this article 85%
Link Posted: 11/1/2022 5:57:51 PM EDT
[#34]

So all the gold bugs would be forced to sell?  Or confiscated?  And would that just be in the BRICS countries?  I don't see a lot of Indians or Brazilians with enough disposable coin to buy a lotta gold.
View All Quotes

Ultimately, I just don’t see them allowing currency of any kind to exist outside the digital realm.  Both sides want control over the population.

Link Posted: 11/1/2022 6:08:22 PM EDT
[#35]
Most votes in Brazilian Presidential Election history?  Imagine that!

Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro declines to concede

Link Posted: 11/1/2022 10:57:54 PM EDT
[#36]

View Quote

Regarding your last statement, those currently in power (here and around the world) don't want a country like America based on self-reliance, national pride/nationalism nor one with a constitution being followed, as that serves as an example of freedom, and success, and would be a direct threat to what they are aching to achieve.
Link Posted: 11/1/2022 11:00:27 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By fxntime:

You mean exactly like our ''territories?'' They should have been cut loose 5 years ago to sink or swim, instead, they are the drowning person trying to drag down the lifeguard, all the while holding onto a big bag of shit.
View All Quotes

You mean exactly like our ''territories?'' They should have been cut loose 5 years ago to sink or swim, instead, they are the drowning person trying to drag down the lifeguard, all the while holding onto a big bag of shit.

I am more concerned with the hundreds of billions shelled out to foreign countries, all of which either hate us or take advantage of us, and the money to the UN and WHO.

Let's end all that first.
Link Posted: 11/2/2022 5:50:08 AM EDT
[#38]

I am more concerned with the hundreds of billions shelled out to foreign countries, all of which either hate us or take advantage of us, and the money to the UN and WHO.

Let's end all that first.
View Quote

We send money to every country in the world, including Iran, China, Russia, and North Korea.

Correction:  This website shows a short list of countries we don't send money to.  However, in the case of Germany, we support them with our military bases in their country.

https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/us-foreign-aid-by-country
Link Posted: 11/2/2022 6:31:57 AM EDT
[#39]

You mean exactly like our ''territories?'' They should have been cut loose 50 years ago to sink or swim, instead, they are the drowning person trying to drag down the lifeguard, all the while holding onto a big bag of shit.
View Quote

As a US citizen living in one of the territories this is true.
The territories are your democratic future.
Completely democratic controlled, all election candidates are democratic. When they get "voted" in all their friends and cronies get jobs in the government.
Overstuffed government offices, multiple departments, it's  the old WPA all over.

The territories can not survive without the Federal government money. Everything here is fixed using fed money.
If they were cut loose they would turn into Hati within 6 months.
Link Posted: 11/2/2022 6:52:48 AM EDT
[#40]

Sure it is.  One is a big, beautiful red apple while the other one is a rotten, maggot-infested, black to the core apple.

I think the reason why the European theater gets more notoriety in movies and such than the Pacific theater is the pure brutality of the battles in the Pacific.  

You’re right.  Who knows how many lives were directly saved by Truman’s decision?  Indirectly, the world may have had another World War by now if the shock of Hiroshima & Nagasaki hadn’t have had the impact it did, too.  
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Eagle_19er:
Originally Posted By wjoutlaw:
Just remember, the United States is the only country to have ever used nuclear weapons against a non-nuclear threat during wartime. Not once but twice.

Not at all an apples to apples comparison, plus it saved countless USGI and Japanese lives on balance.

Sure it is.  One is a big, beautiful red apple while the other one is a rotten, maggot-infested, black to the core apple.

I think the reason why the European theater gets more notoriety in movies and such than the Pacific theater is the pure brutality of the battles in the Pacific.  

You’re right.  Who knows how many lives were directly saved by Truman’s decision?  Indirectly, the world may have had another World War by now if the shock of Hiroshima & Nagasaki hadn’t have had the impact it did, too.  

lives saved, was then,  and is now,  nothing more than placating the masses with a reason people can stomach.

The hard truth is that those weapons were developed to win the war, and that is exactly what they were used for, killing enough people to convince the Japanese to surrender unconditionally.

The saved lives reasons is bullshit.

Those weapons were deployed because we had them, like all the other weapons.
Link Posted: 11/2/2022 7:00:24 AM EDT
[#41]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUZoli8oekg
View Quote

He is acting like diesel fuel isn’t being made anymore so we will run out in 25 days because that is the stock pile we have.

It is pure bull shit.

What the hell is wrong with Tucker, he usually isn’t this stupid.
Link Posted: 11/2/2022 7:14:17 AM EDT
[#42]
Interesting...

Disclose.tv@disclosetv
14h
·
JUST IN - Rumble disables access to its video platform in France.

https://gab.com/disclosetv/posts/109270435354721486

Link Posted: 11/2/2022 7:19:10 AM EDT
[#43]
Michael Yon@MichaelYon
7 hours ago
Coming Food Wars
Saudi Arabia and many countries around the world are co-mingled with food security. This short video is a sort of infomercial.

How Saudi Arabia Is Turning Desert into Huge Farmlands

Michael Yon@MichaelYon
4 hours ago
Monkeys with Missiles — all this while economies melt
Fits the pattern:

Seoul: North Korea fires more than 10 missiles, Kim Jong-Un sticks by his 'retaliation' vow | WION

Link Posted: 11/2/2022 7:31:31 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By feudist:
Is that how the results of military operations are communicated? By a Head of State to a Cabinet Minister over unsecured text?
Cunning.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By feudist:
Originally Posted By highstepper:
What do y'all think of that Tweet about UK's Liz Truss texting US Sec of State Blinken the message "It's done" 1 minute after the Nordstrom pipeline was blown up?

Is that how the results of military operations are communicated? By a Head of State to a Cabinet Minister over unsecured text?
Cunning.

To be fair, Clinton, Secretary of State, used unsecured private e-mail and that got a lot of attention, so zi guess they all switched  to texting now.
Link Posted: 11/2/2022 8:41:16 AM EDT
[#45]
A TRANSITION TO FOSSIL FUELS IS UNDER WAY
Powerline Blog

"Despite the fanfare surrounding wind and solar, the world’s dependency on fossil fuels is increasing. Last week, Saudi Aramco CEO Amin Nasser said that the world is now “transitioning to coal.”

"Saad al-Kaabi, Energy Minister of Qatar, says, “Many countries particularly in Europe which had been strong advocates of green energy and carbon-free future have made a sudden and sharp U-turn. Today, coal burning is once again on the rise reaching its highest levels since 2014.”

They are right. Global coal demand will reach an historic high in 2022, similar to 2013’s record levels. According to the International Energy Agency (IEA), “Global coal consumption is forecast to rise by 0.7 percent in 2022 to 8 billion tons…. Coal consumption in the European Union is expected to rise by seven percent in 2022 on top of last year’s 14 percent jump.”

"Analysts are projecting “a huge gas-to-coal fuel transition in power and industrial sectors” of Europe. Yes, not gas to renewables, but gas to coal. In fact, the European Union’s coal consumption grew 16 percent year-on-year for the first half of 2022. European countries imported 7.9 million tons of thermal coal in June, more than doubling year-on-year. Annual coal imports are expected to reach 100 million tons by the end of the year, the highest since 2017.

Even in the most developed economies of the West like Germany and the UK, fossil fuels continue to dominate as the only dependable source of energy. Germany is set to become the third highest importer of Indonesian coal in 2023, ranked just below coal-guzzling China and India."
Link Posted: 11/2/2022 10:51:00 AM EDT
[#46]
Saudi Arabia Reiterates Commitment To China, Regardless Of U.S. Concerns

- Saudi Arabia last week reiterated its commitment to China as its “most reliable partner and supplier of crude oil,”.

- MbS seemingly now sees the U.S. as a partner just for its security considerations.

- Saudi Arabia's strategic pivot effectively marks the end of the 1945 core agreement between the U.S. and Saudi Arabia that defined their relationship up until extremely recently.

https://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-General/Saudi-Arabia-Reiterates-Commitment-To-China-Regardless-Of-US-Concerns.html

Link Posted: 11/2/2022 11:15:20 AM EDT
[#47]
It sounds like more propaganda to facilitate further invasion and destruction of the the west/free world.
Link Posted: 11/2/2022 12:23:08 PM EDT
[#48]
Strong Louisiana Sugar Cane Harvest, comes in and upsets GD who thought the world was going to starve!

https://www.dailycomet.com/story/news/local/2022/10/21/louisiana-sugar-farmers-cautiously-optimistic-as-they-rebound-from-ida/69576664007/
Link Posted: 11/2/2022 1:14:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: amannamedjed] [#49]

Why do you think this upsets us?  Do you believe we want a world wide famine?  If so, you have failed badly to read the room.  We don’t want famine. But we are preparing in case there is one.

ETA:  In reading the article, I see they are saying the crop is looking good, but they are still a ways from harvest. Also the general tone of the article is they got whomped pretty bad last year. So they are hoping for continuing good weather this year to make up for last year’s blood letting.
Link Posted: 11/2/2022 5:53:00 PM EDT
[#50]

Do you guys in Louisiana grow anything besides sugar cane?

Page / 315
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top