Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3157
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 7:07:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rbb2] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DFARM:
I think I'm starting to get in the groove of not going to work. It's weird though. Lol I've been keeping a little bit busy with organizing things in the truck and trailer (I actually installed the toolbox in the bed yesterday so it's not held in with ratchet straps anymore) and helping out with what I can around our friends place. Today I got up and got dressed only to sit back down and watch transformers and the fifth element. Lol

I think I might be able to sew this sheath up while we're here though. I'm looking forward to actually carrying this one.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/78442/KIMG3920_JPG-2426036.JPG

I think I'm going to grab some leather tools and maybe my manual sewing machine and some nylon stuff to play with on our way back through the old home area to the next destination.
View Quote

You're already better at retirement than MrSig!
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 7:08:40 PM EDT
[#2]
I’m keeping your knives
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 7:10:58 PM EDT
[#3]
I think I'm starting to get in the groove of not going to work. It's weird though. Lol I've been keeping a little bit busy with organizing things in the truck and trailer (I actually installed the toolbox in the bed yesterday so it's not held in with ratchet straps anymore) and helping out with what I can around our friends place. Today I got up and got dressed only to sit back down and watch transformers and the fifth element. Lol

I think I might be able to sew this sheath up while we're here though. I'm looking forward to actually carrying this one.

I think I'm going to grab some leather tools and maybe my manual sewing machine and some nylon stuff to play with on our way back through the old home area to the next destination.
View Quote

now that's time well spent
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 7:12:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 7:52:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By WIC:
I’m keeping your knives
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/21/2022 7:53:34 PM EDT
[#6]

View Quote

Agreed. I have it on DVD, somewhere. Love that movie.
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 8:32:48 PM EDT
[#7]
I had a special edition of that DVD.

Didn't realize just how special until I gave it away and bought the itunes version.

I can't find that version again.

This arrived

action sucks

otherwise pretty nifty
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 8:33:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By rbb2:

View Quote

karma's a bitch
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 8:33:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By 3xpert:
https://i.imgur.com/mTF1Zp3.jpg
View Quote

very photogenic
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 8:55:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By MrSig239:

Thanks for the heads up! I'm not really interested in them though. My next one will be a CD F3NS if I can get the economy to stop crashing!
Carrying my favorite for Ti-Tuesday. New flowers in the landscape on this 48 degree morning.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/56211/yellowbr95_JPG-2425546.JPG
View Quote

Nice.

A the Russkian overkill just doesn't do it for me either
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 8:55:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Might take this for a ride today.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/56211/tractorBR95_JPG-2425593.JPG
View Quote

Sounds like work
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 8:56:02 PM EDT
[#12]

I won't worry about it then. I've been seeing the price on them dropping with each new one listed. I wonder what the deal is with them.
View Quote

Now I'm curious
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 8:56:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By doubleplusgood:

patinated brass
View Quote

Ahh
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 9:32:23 PM EDT
[#14]
View Quote

Hmm taco Tuesday.  I should go get some tacos.
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 10:01:53 PM EDT
[#15]

Didn't realize just how special until I gave it away and bought the itunes version.

This arrived

https://i.imgur.com/zQX8ONM.jpg

action sucks

otherwise pretty nifty
View Quote

Mine broke in (wore a path for the detent ball through the black wash) in 1.5 days of somewhat frequent flipping. It was grainy until then. Give it time.
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 10:52:26 PM EDT
[#16]
that sounds like work
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 10:55:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WIC] [#17]
Originally Posted By maleante:

Hmm taco Tuesday.  I should go get some tacos.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/21/2022 11:02:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Star_Scream:

Now I'm curious
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/21/2022 11:18:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 11:23:46 PM EDT
[#20]
that sounds like work
View Quote

You and I are very different kinds of lawyers, apparently. I spent today participating in a hearing in the county jail with a defendant that refused to leave his cell for trial, then "defending" him in a jury trial while he sat in his cell pouting. Many motions regarding violations of his constitutional rights. Honestly, though, this is a case where the offense charged is one I've wanted to try for a while because I think it's a chickenshit charge.

Oh and before court and during the lunch break I assembled documents for a real estate closing on Friday.

If playing with a knife sounds worse than that, well...
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 11:28:19 PM EDT
[#21]
we are very different

I've never had a bag of dicks sent to me
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 11:37:54 PM EDT
[#22]
hmmmmm
View Quote

Interesting. 3" blade. Little. $625. Expensive.

But still, interesting.
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 11:39:11 PM EDT
[#23]
we are very different

I've never had a bag of dicks sent to me
View Quote

Well then you clearly aren't trying hard enough.

I did try sucking one. It was gross.
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 11:43:31 PM EDT
[#24]
that's what someone who secretly likes it would say
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 11:47:06 PM EDT
[#25]

Interesting. 3" blade. Little. $625. Expensive.

But still, interesting.
View Quote

yeah, kinda tempting

but not $625 tempting
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 11:57:07 PM EDT
[#26]
Strange the way the blade keeps curving all the way to the heel. Hard to picture how it comes apart but that sounds interesting.
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 12:02:19 AM EDT
[#27]
there is a video
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 12:45:16 AM EDT
[#28]

yeah, kinda tempting

but not $625 tempting
View Quote

Half that and I'd try it. Hell even $400 just for the apparent innovation. As is, I'll wait for reviews and secondary market.
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 1:26:59 AM EDT
[#29]
I’m not digging the weird Art Deco piece near the pívot.
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 1:29:15 AM EDT
[#30]
Oof. $625, pass. I am looking forward to a $1.49 gas station burrito next month. I can’t spend $625 on something like that.
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 1:34:29 AM EDT
[#31]

https://i.imgur.com/6HyZiKh.jpg

View Quote

Not sure what I’m looking at but the Wei we looks good.

No tacos for me today. I skimmed it with a shin black to kick some ass in uno.
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 1:35:18 AM EDT
[#32]
Wiener
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 1:36:14 AM EDT
[#33]
Slummed.

And I give up. I’m goin back to android.
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 1:44:15 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 1:51:28 AM EDT
[#35]
My names Phil and I think I have a problem!
Worse part is these are just the ones I kept! (plus there's some missing)
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/56211/whatthehell_JPG-2425943.JPG
View Quote

Ita inky a problem when you can't admit it or Robin Zasio from Hoarders comes to the door
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 1:55:05 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By sywagon:
One for sure is since it was blowing the fuse until I swapped to a different set of power tubes. At most it would be just the other power tube. It was working again with a different set of tubes but I had to shut it back down before it blew those. I'll take them somewhere for testing before tossing though. They were not real expensive since they were used - marked Hammond (i.e. pulled from an old organ at some point) & Amperex Holland (the manufacturer, being why I bought them). Probably out $30.

The thing is you can't take the measurements to bias it until it is on and warmed up with the power tubes in there so there isn't any way to know ahead of time exactly how hot they'll be running. Just good guidelines. Biasing the amp so they run correctly is particular to the specific build and less so the specific tubes - for a cathode biased amp like this that means changing that resistor anywhere from 150-220 ohms (higher values will run cooler). Basically you are just trying to get it so the amp isn't asking the power tube for more watts than it can maintain. Once it is dialed in you can generally just swap any power tube (for cathode biased) vs. having to re-bias for many other styles. Just sucks I started in the middle of that range supposedly given the marked value of 180ohms but was actually off the bottom end (assuming my meter is working correctly) at 130 ohms.

Kind of like having to run through x rounds to break in a gun or whatever. The tubes are just consumables. Wish I had had some junky modern ones for testing though.
View Quote

Interesting. Could you build a spare board as a testbed for tubes so when you swap them out you can run them through the testing platform to make sure the outputs are there?
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 1:56:18 AM EDT
[#37]

View Quote

Nice.

I bet the change is huge. Like your whole body feels like something is wrong
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 5:06:27 AM EDT
[#38]
View Quote

Yum Yum!
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 5:07:36 AM EDT
[#39]

This arrived

action sucks

otherwise pretty nifty
View Quote

Nice pic otherwise! Hopefully you can fix the action or it will wear in.
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 5:15:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MrSig239] [#40]
Ha! I showed my wife the pic and said I have a problem! She said " No you don't need anymore knives"! I'm shocked she would even think that! LOL!
Ended up just sitting on the porch all day enjoying the weather!
Going to carry the favorite again today.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 9:20:36 AM EDT
[#41]

Interesting. Could you build a spare board as a testbed for tubes so when you swap them out you can run them through the testing platform to make sure the outputs are there?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sywagon:
One for sure is since it was blowing the fuse until I swapped to a different set of power tubes. At most it would be just the other power tube. It was working again with a different set of tubes but I had to shut it back down before it blew those. I'll take them somewhere for testing before tossing though. They were not real expensive since they were used - marked Hammond (i.e. pulled from an old organ at some point) & Amperex Holland (the manufacturer, being why I bought them). Probably out $30.

The thing is you can't take the measurements to bias it until it is on and warmed up with the power tubes in there so there isn't any way to know ahead of time exactly how hot they'll be running. Just good guidelines. Biasing the amp so they run correctly is particular to the specific build and less so the specific tubes - for a cathode biased amp like this that means changing that resistor anywhere from 150-220 ohms (higher values will run cooler). Basically you are just trying to get it so the amp isn't asking the power tube for more watts than it can maintain. Once it is dialed in you can generally just swap any power tube (for cathode biased) vs. having to re-bias for many other styles. Just sucks I started in the middle of that range supposedly given the marked value of 180ohms but was actually off the bottom end (assuming my meter is working correctly) at 130 ohms.

Kind of like having to run through x rounds to break in a gun or whatever. The tubes are just consumables. Wish I had had some junky modern ones for testing though.

Good idea but no - you have to have everything in there fully powered up (power transformer, output transformer, rectifier tube, etc.). I was reading these particular old tubes are pretty sensitive, but for most situations you'll end up at a bias that is close enough to not damage tubes while taking the measurements so it is usually more about just initial tweaking it for longevity of the power tubes and tonal aspects (they sound a bit different at a "hot" but safe bias vs. a "cool" bias). Of course the amp makes more power if they are biased hotter too.
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 1:09:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WIC] [#42]
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 2:10:50 PM EDT
[#43]

You're already better at retirement than MrSig!
View Quote

Yep
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 2:11:15 PM EDT
[#44]

View Quote

Yep.
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 2:11:48 PM EDT
[#45]
View Quote

Tuesdayed better than me
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 2:12:16 PM EDT
[#46]

This arrived

action sucks

otherwise pretty nifty
View Quote

Just needs to be broken in?
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 2:45:55 PM EDT
[#47]

So yesterday the wife asked if I had any requests for a beverage while she was going to the stores.

I was in the middle of a classic rock block in my Playlist so I said Jack and Coke. When I got home today she got one ready. Been a good day so far.
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 2:56:51 PM EDT
[#48]
https://i.imgur.com/AoKSvmb.jpg
View Quote

This one speaks to me more than it should. Lol

Today I have drank a couple cups of coffee with a horse, sharpened up a couple of knives and eaten some waffles. So far, so good. Lol
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 2:59:57 PM EDT
[#49]
The amp posts inspired me to break out a bass amp and a play around a little. It's been many years since I've played, but it was an active part time job for over 20 years. It's nicer to have family time on the weekends and not suffer the hand pain that I had developed at this point in my life. MANY great times though.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 3:10:22 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By williedikker72:
The amp posts inspired me to break out a bass amp and a play around a little. It's been many years since I've played, but it was an active part time job for over 20 years. It's nicer to have family time on the weekends and not suffer the hand pain that I had developed at this point in my life. MANY great times though.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48347/20220622_144501_jpg-2427013.JPG
View Quote

Like the Gayle Bradley too!
Page / 3157
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top