BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 5:02:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
I bet dudes flash suppressor looks brand new.

OP hit with a sand blaster for a few seconds, maybe at distance.
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 5:02:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Fake battle worn looks exactly like that. Fake.
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 5:04:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Who is it bcmjunkie who throws all of his guns in a pelican case without any padding?  That’s good for the been-there-banged-my-guns-together look.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 5:14:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Denim works well for giving a new receiver a worn look to match a used parts kit on AK builds,I suspect denim would also work well on an AR but its not my thing..
I just had a really beat kit and I wanted to keep the look after rebuilding.
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 5:47:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Damn, you nags sound like the retards at survialist the moment you take a rag and some oil to a chinese SKS with a serial of #14,654,840, lol.

Scotchbrite greenie sponge. Hell, petina with ketchup and mustard. Im not kidding. Look it up.
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 6:41:18 PM EDT
[#6]
OK, so I think I will just leave one of them new in the box, and one I will shoot and abuse the hell out of.  Throw in back of truck, never see a gun case, drag through the woods etc...  I may even do an ongoing thread on the abuse.

Link Posted: 1/25/2020 6:43:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Half of you guys may go into full cardiac arrest if I tie it on the back of my side by side and drive through the woods with it.
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 6:43:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 6:58:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Half of you guys may go into full cardiac arrest if I tie it on the back of my side by side and drive through the woods with it.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 6:59:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Go shoot it a bunch.
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 7:00:31 PM EDT
[#11]
It will never look right because of that long goofy lookin 16" barrel
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 7:01:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
You seek...."the driveway"
View Quote
I arrived to say just this...
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 7:01:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 7:04:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
It will never look right because of that long goofy lookin 16" barrel
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 7:11:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Why?

Any GI would kill for a new weapon. Most of the issue weapons not only look tired but they often ARE.
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 7:14:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Bushmaster. That's a name I've not heard in a long time.

This is what you seek...
https://www.duracoatfirearmfinishes.com/products/to-hell-and-back-distressing-kit?variant=39895610249
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 7:21:24 PM EDT
[#17]
The finish is only half of the battle.  It has to feel battle-worn too.

And the only way you get that is by shooting the absolute shit out of it.  The smoothest actions in the world when you pull the charging handle aren't produced by lubing them up, cleaning them all the time, throwing them in the back of the truck or down a driveway.

People can tell.  Well-used guns with authentic finishes have a different feel to them.  When you throw alot of rounds down range with them, the actions become buttery smooth.  That's part of the experience as well.

People nailed it earlier.  If you want the authentic battle-worn look and feel on one of them, use the heck out of it.  Get 10k rounds of cheap blasting ammo and shoot it over the course of a month.  Never put the rifle in the case.  Throw it down in the mud, or in the back of a truck, or a trunk...get it dirty.  Use a dirty rag to wipe it off...use the dirt as some grit.

Shoot it up against trees, fences, and other barricades.  Carry it slung around the range, your house, etc.

All that stuff will start to really develop some natural wear and character.  Throwing it down the driveway is ridiculous.  It's one thing to scratch the anodizing up a bit; it's another thing entirely to gouge the absolute shit out of the aluminum, which concrete will absolutely do.
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 7:26:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Send it to me for a year or so
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 7:37:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
And film and post here.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Go to home depot, buy a red brick and a concrete paver.
Go to the laundromat, place the AR15, brick and paver into a dryer.
Put a dollar into the dryer turn it on, profit!
And film and post here.

And, make sure the owner of the laundromat is there and ask if this is ok first.
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 7:42:33 PM EDT
[#20]
rub some poop on it
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 7:45:03 PM EDT
[#21]
Put asphalt roofing next to TV chair....drop rifle randomly and repeatedly over the course of a season
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 7:46:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 7:51:45 PM EDT
[#23]
One of those sandpaper flappers on the end of a drill and keep it moving. I'm planning on doing it to a Wasr I picked up recently.
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 7:57:18 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote
Paint, drag, paint, drag, paint, drag.

Just please.... promise us that paki tape will some how make its way onto that bastard.
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 8:00:36 PM EDT
[#25]
I have worked on several long guns that had the beginnings of rust.  I used a Scotchbrite pad soaked in Breakfree CLPon the rusted area.  It quickly removed the rust and smoothed the metal.  I've often thought it would be a good method to create a worn look to the finish of an AR.  So far I haven't been brave enough to try it on one of my rifles.  I think it goes back to growing up with little and always working to keep things in like new condition so I wouldn't need to replace it, since it was likely I wouldn't be able to replace it.

I did get brave enough to do a rattle can paint job a 300 Blackout rifle I put together about 5 years ago.  It turned out nice, but I haven't painted another one.

edited for typos
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 8:04:32 PM EDT
[#26]
Well thanks after seeing that bitch.. Nothing will be fappening tonight.
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 8:15:13 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 8:17:22 PM EDT
[#28]
Wonder what a couple quick passes on a shot peen machine would do to the recievers
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 8:25:30 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 8:34:24 PM EDT
[#30]
I built an AR specifically to throw around...so I wouldnt feel weird babying the others.  I painted it a nice tan and FDE scheme.  There is a nice wornish look to it.  That said, I did take a piece of 100 grit sandpaper to the edges of the rails and other places.
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 8:59:50 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote
Be interesting to see if it is intacto after that.
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 9:03:07 PM EDT
[#32]
It ought to be a crime to abuse a rifle.

Every rifle is a valuable national resource and only idiots or traitors would defile a rifle
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 9:05:01 PM EDT
[#33]
I painted my bushmaster with a krylon camo scheme. I don't baby it and it has a really nice worn look where the paint has been removed through wear.
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 9:06:41 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Throw them in your trunk.
Let them bang around there on a daily basis for a year or two.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 9:24:03 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Go to home depot, buy a red brick and a concrete paver.
Go to the laundromat, place the AR15, brick and paver into a dryer.
Put a dollar into the dryer turn it on, profit!
View Quote
I’ll pay for cost if you do this and film it.

On a serious note, you should not clean it then do some sloppy rattle can camp on it, then just shoot the hell out of it.
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 9:32:35 PM EDT
[#36]
Rub it down with some rub and buff. Cost you less then 10 bucks.
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 9:34:54 PM EDT
[#37]
Why in the world to you want to wear the finish off it faster?
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 9:46:51 PM EDT
[#38]
a fews years ago, this was popular, folks were doing all kinds of things to make them appear "worn" They were paying dumb money in some cases. Without stretching anything, I actually had a carbine that I tied 550 cord aroundd the front sight base and drug around the range a few times and at home across the river rock. Dude bought it and paid.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top