Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 8
Link Posted: 9/11/2024 9:33:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I have Derrick Henry and I want to trade him so bad.

I had instant regret after choosing him as Lamer is such a running QB and now Harbaugh says he's not going to give him many touches.

Maybe it's just smoke and mirrors but I don't think so.
I doubt anyone in my league would give me who I would want to trade my RB1 for.

Link Posted: 9/11/2024 9:35:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MilHouse-556:

I appreciate the advice. I'm still trying to figure out the waivers. Lots of info online I need to dig into.
View Quote

The goal is just to make the playoffs. Once you’re in the playoffs, anything can happen.

The one time I was a league champion, I was 6-7 in the regular season and got the last playoff spot.
Link Posted: 9/11/2024 9:44:46 PM EDT
[#3]

I had instant regret after choosing him as Lamer is such a running QB and now Harbaugh says he's not going to give him many touches.

View Quote

Is just week 1
Link Posted: 9/11/2024 9:49:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By spidey07:

Is just week 1
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Is just week 1

Thx for keeping me grounded man.
Hopefully I'm not mucking up your guys FF thread as I still don't know if it's specific league or a place to talk about FF.
Link Posted: 9/11/2024 9:52:08 PM EDT
[#5]

View Quote

Trades after week 1 are tough. You’ll need to find a team who needs a RB, probably due to injuries down the road.
Link Posted: 9/11/2024 9:56:23 PM EDT
[#6]

Hopefully I'm not mucking up your guys FF thread as I still don't know if it's specific league or a place to talk about FF.
View All Quotes

Is just week 1

No worries. The guys in this league are seasoned. Well help you out.

Panic when you’re 0-5.  I’ve won championships with 0-5. How?  Aggressive on waivers. That’s how you win.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 12:50:38 PM EDT
[#7]
View Quote

Definitely don't sweat talking about your other leagues here.  We all love fantasy football, and love to talk about what we know (or think we know...)
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 2:05:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: eracer] [#8]
Speaking of our other leagues...

One of the IDIOTS in our money league dropped Garrett Wilson and added Alec FRIGGIN' Pierce.

Last year's league champion noticed 7 minutes after the drop and snagged him.

I've been the commissioner in that league for years, and played with both of them for more.
If the guy who dropped Wilson wasn't perennially the worst manager in the league, and if I didn't respect the both of them as much as I do, I'd suspect collusion.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 2:17:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: spidey07] [#9]
Originally Posted By eracer:

One of the IDIOTS in our money league dropped Garrett Wilson and added Alec FRIGGIN' Pierce.

View Quote

Dumbass. Shouldn’t the dropped player go to waivers for 3 days?  How was he a FA?
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 2:35:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: eracer] [#10]
Dumbass. Shouldn’t the dropped player go to waivers for 3 days?  How was he a FA?
View Quote

Waivers process at 9:00 AM Thursday.  Dropped players are FA until 1:00 PM Sunday, when they go on waivers.
FAAB is real money ($5,000 limit) and it encourages more $$$ in the kitty.

BTW - another manager just dropped $81.00 real dollars to get Jameson Williams.
I bid for him too, but $81.00?  I guess he REALLY wanted him.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 3:01:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: spidey07] [#11]

Waivers process at 9:00 AM Thursday.  Dropped players are FA until 1:00 PM Sunday, when they go on waivers.

View All Quotes

That’s a weird rule, going straight to FA.

Also if everybody locks at 1p Sunday that means you can grab anybody immediately during the Thursday game. Example somebody gets hurt or breaks out you snag him.

Another of my leagues is like that and I’ve done that plenty of times. Yet a reminder #1 rule in fantasy is read and understand league scoring and settings.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 7:19:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: eracer] [#12]
That’s a weird rule, going straight to FA.

Also if everybody locks at 1p Sunday that means you can grab anybody immediately during the Thursday game. Example somebody gets hurt or breaks out you snag him.

Another of my leagues is like that and I’ve done that plenty of times. Yet a reminder #1 rule in fantasy is read and understand league scoring and settings.
View Quote

Not quite.  Players are locked at the start of their game.  Thursday players go straight to waivers and like the Sunday and Monday players they can't be bid on until Tuesday.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 7:41:50 PM EDT
[#13]

I've been the commissioner in that league for years, and played with both of them for more.
If the guy who dropped Wilson wasn't perennially the worst manager in the league, and if I didn't respect the both of them as much as I do, I'd suspect collusion.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
  Yeah , that’s suspect IMO . But , a lot of stupid people reside in our world too .
Link Posted: 9/13/2024 3:54:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Lost tua in my other league. I don’t draft 2 qb. But we do have 2 IR slots (read your scoring and settings), I bet most of the doesn’t know that and I’m surely not telling them.

14 teamer, and most draft 2 qb. Hello Derek Carr!  Just gimme 17 each week and I’m happy.

I also have Hill in that league. So double whammy. Lost my qb, and my #1 pick isn’t going to perform like a 1st rounder.
Link Posted: 9/13/2024 7:00:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Nobody wants to ream me for not draft 2qb and getting burned in week 2?  Or commending my stud pickup Derek Carr?

It’s ok. I can handle it.
Link Posted: 9/13/2024 7:03:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MilHouse-556] [#16]
Nobody wants to ream me for not draft 2qb and getting burned in week 2?  Or commending my stud pickup Derek Carr?

View Quote

Did you get unlucky?

Going against the guy this week who had the #1 and took CMC. I definitely got lucky.
Link Posted: 9/13/2024 7:10:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4q2] [#17]

View Quote

I TRY not to talk s@it  about anybody’s choices in fantasy leagues that I’m playing against , because of Karma and all !  .  That being said , the Saints may do well this year . Of course , you have to look at who they played in week 1
Link Posted: 9/13/2024 7:24:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: spidey07] [#18]
Originally Posted By 4q2:

I TRY not to talk s@it  about anybody’s choices in fantasy leagues that I’m playing against , because of Karma and all !  .  That being said , the Saints may do well this year . Of course , you have to look at who they played in week 1
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 4q2:

I grabbed Carr because he was the best available. The new saints OC wants to use him properly.  Fields was out there but I could only use him for a week or 2. I need a qb RFN.

So it wasn’t just “yeah you beat up on panthers, anybody can”. More of who can get me 17 points for the next 8-10 weeks.  Tua will likely be out that long. Just rumors of course.
Link Posted: 9/13/2024 8:05:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: eracer] [#19]
Lost tua in my other league. I don’t draft 2 qb. But we do have 2 IR slots (read your scoring and settings), I bet most of the doesn’t know that and I’m surely not telling them.

14 teamer, and most draft 2 qb. Hello Derek Carr!  Just gimme 17 each week and I’m happy.

I also have Hill in that league. So double whammy. Lost my qb, and my #1 pick isn’t going to perform like a 1st rounder.
View Quote

The Dolphins would be wise to put Tua on the season-ending PUP list.

The guy's going to be a mental vegetable if he gets another concussion.  I don't think he should ever take another snap in the NFL.  Sad.
Link Posted: 9/13/2024 8:13:19 PM EDT
[#20]

The guy's going to be a mental vegetable if he gets another concussion.  I don't think he should ever take another snap in the NFL.  Sad.
View All Quotes

Agree. I’m a colts fan. And what happened to Austin Collie was terrible. Look it up.
Link Posted: 9/13/2024 8:16:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/13/2024 8:17:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Ride or trade Mason? CMC really looks headed to the IR.
Link Posted: 9/13/2024 8:17:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Mars87:
View Quote

Bro. Get Mason.

Med report on McCaffery is really bad.
Link Posted: 9/13/2024 8:18:23 PM EDT
[#24]
View Quote

And a hearty lol was had by all. Well played.
Link Posted: 9/13/2024 8:19:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: spidey07] [#25]
View Quote

Ride him. He’s top 6 rb while cmc is out and I think he’ll be out a long time.

I think he’s a rb2 if cmc comes back.
Link Posted: 9/13/2024 8:19:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Notcalifornialegal:

Bro. Get Mason.

Med report on McCaffery is really bad.
View Quote

I’ve got him, but I’m not the CMC owner.

And now AJB has a hammy issue. Damnit.
Link Posted: 9/13/2024 8:22:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 9/13/2024 8:23:44 PM EDT
[#28]

I’ve got him, but I’m not the CMC owner.

And now AJB has a hammy issue. Damnit.
View Quote

Masons probably going to start for at LEAST 4 weeks.  Legitimately would not be suprised if he's the starter all season.
Link Posted: 9/13/2024 8:26:56 PM EDT
[#29]

Masons probably going to start for at LEAST 4 weeks.  Legitimately would not be suprised if he's the starter all season.
View Quote

As a 49er fan, I’m hoping they sit CMC until after the bye week. Having him healed and fresh on the back end of the season would be great.
Link Posted: 9/13/2024 8:28:09 PM EDT
[#30]

View Quote

Yep. Lots of commentators saying the kid needs to retire.
Link Posted: 9/13/2024 8:28:46 PM EDT
[#31]
View Quote

lol
Link Posted: 9/13/2024 10:40:37 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Low_Country:

View All Quotes

IMO I don’t see Tua pulling the pin . He probably should , but the talent he has at WR and RB around him may be too much to quit . He made a dumbass decision to charge like a bull headfirst into a defender  . I’ll probably be very wrong , but I can see him back in 2-3 weeks . Again , I could be very wrong .
Link Posted: 9/13/2024 10:53:05 PM EDT
[#33]

View Quote

Well you are in last place, so that kind of speaks for itself
Link Posted: 9/13/2024 11:21:27 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By livfreely:

Well you are in last place, so that kind of speaks for itself
View Quote

IMO , he made a good decision with his circumstances.  . It is a good practice to pay attention to your hancuffs while drafting , also . Injuries will bite your ass , and if you believe in the system , draft accordingly or use whatever you can get on waivers . This is all IMO of course . This info is not for use in the arfcom league but in your lesser leagues  !
Link Posted: 9/14/2024 8:26:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: eracer] [#35]
I'm making a bold move against Low_Country this week.  Projections show me giving up about 7 points with this new lineup, but I've got a feeling...and one thing I've learned over the years is that with lower ranked players, I need to look at the whole picture and go with my gut.

I put Jerome Whittington (LAR) in place of Diontae Johnson (CAR)

With Puka out, the Rams will need another receiver to step up in what could be a high scoring game with the Cardinals.  Kupp will get his share of course, and conventional wisdom says that Demarcus Robinson will get Puka's targets.
But I've got a feeling about Whittington this week.

Besides, Diontae (as good as he is) has Bryce Young throwing him the ball, and he stinks.  And the Chargers are going to run the ball. And I've got a feeling...
Link Posted: 9/14/2024 10:22:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: spidey07] [#36]
I'm making a bold move against Low_Country this week.  Projections show me giving up about 7 points with this new lineup, but I've got a feeling...and one thing I've learned over the years is that with lower ranked players, I need to look at the whole picture and go with my gut.

With Puka out, the Rams will need another receiver to step up in what could be a high scoring game with the Cardinals.  Kupp will get his share of course, and conventional wisdom says that Demarcus Robinson will get Puka's targets.

Besides, Diontae (as good as he is) has Bryce Young throwing him the ball, and he stinks.  And the Chargers are going to run the ball. And I've got a feeling...
View Quote

It could work. CAR is just that bad. Hard to start anybody on that team.  Only thing you have to worry about is Kupp dominating targets, which is likely unless he gets doubled. Also likely.
Link Posted: 9/14/2024 10:29:20 AM EDT
[#37]

View Quote

It's wild because Diontae Johnson got open by an absurd amount last year and Bryce Young was the most accurate quarterback in the league when throwing to an open receiver.

It SHOULD work, but last Sunday was perhaps worse than last year.  

Link Posted: 9/14/2024 10:38:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: eracer] [#38]
It's wild because Diontae Johnson got open by an absurd amount last year and Bryce Young was the most accurate quarterback in the league when throwing to an open receiver.

It SHOULD work, but last Sunday was perhaps worse than last year.  
View Quote

For sure.  Diontae was crippled by his QB situation in Pittsburgh, and I really thought he would be the 'Adam Thielen' of this season.  It's not happening yet.
Maybe Bryce Young will improve as the season continues.  Maybe when Jonathon Brooks gets healthy and forces defenses to respect the run, opening up the passing lanes a little.

I'm not getting rid of Diontae, but I don't trust him right now.
Link Posted: 9/14/2024 10:45:48 AM EDT
[#39]

For sure.  Diontae was crippled by his QB situation in Pittsburgh, and I really thought he would be the 'Adam Thielen' of this season.  It's not happening yet.
Maybe Bryce Young will improve as the season continues.  Maybe when Jonathon Brooks gets healthy and forces defenses to respect the run, opening up the passing lanes a little.

I'm not getting rid of Diontae, but I don't trust him right now.
View Quote

I wouldn't either.

We SHOULD have at the very least seen SOMETHING of an improvement over last year.

Even merely moving the ball downfield would have been just fine but they couldn't even do that effectively.
Link Posted: 9/14/2024 11:57:25 AM EDT
[#40]

View Quote

lol you won this week after Thursday night.
Link Posted: 9/14/2024 1:48:48 PM EDT
[#41]

As a 49er fan, I’m hoping they sit CMC until after the bye week. Having him healed and fresh on the back end of the season would be great.
View Quote

@mars87

Link Posted: 9/14/2024 4:02:50 PM EDT
[#42]
View Quote

I appreciate the vote of confidence.
But it's never over 'til it's over.

I will say that without Cook's career performance I probably wouldn't have given up the 7 points to take a chance on Whittington.
Link Posted: 9/14/2024 5:57:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: spidey07] [#43]

I will say that without Cook's career performance I probably wouldn't have given up the 7 points to take a chance on Whittington.
View All Quotes

I meant to expound on your WR pick. I’ve been handicapping horses since I was young.  So about 40 years playing ponies.  Not professionally obviously, but the methodology transfers to fantasy and Sportsbook.

In handicapping horses you use past performance, track work outs, etc to play out how you think the race will go, what will happen.

Fantasy football and even Sportsbook is the same dang thing. How YOU think the game will go based on all the info. Many times your right, many times you’re wrong.  I listen to a ton of fantasy shows and that’s the theme. You’re basically handicapping.

Example - I targeted Coleman in all leagues, Xavier as well. I thought Coleman was a great start after leading in yds/targets in what was supposed to be high scoring game.  

Swing and a miss on Coleman THIS WEEK. I sure as hell ain’t dropping him.
Link Posted: 9/14/2024 6:01:49 PM EDT
[#44]
First pick is still stinging
Link Posted: 9/14/2024 6:06:01 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By FG24U:
View Quote

You knew that going in. All the experts said you gotta take him.  But if he gets hurt you’re fucked.
Link Posted: 9/14/2024 6:31:30 PM EDT
[#46]
Looks like AJ Brown (hamstring) is questionable for Mon. night.  Shaping up as another CMC headache.  

Could pick up Dotson (meh) as a pivot, but now I'm not feeling good about playing Brown even if he goes.  Looking for an excuse to get Jaymo in the lineup and this could be it.
Link Posted: 9/14/2024 6:40:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: spidey07] [#47]
Originally Posted By RSG:
Looks like AJ Brown (hamstring) is questionable for Mon. night.  Shaping up as another CMC headache.  

Could pick up Dotson (meh) as a pivot, but now I'm not feeling good about playing Brown even if he goes.  Looking for an excuse to get Jaymo in the lineup and this could be it.
View Quote

Pick up the #3 wr for your break glass option. I forget his name.  5-7 points better than 0
Link Posted: 9/14/2024 6:55:00 PM EDT
[#48]

Pick up the #3 wr for your break glass option. I forget his name.  5-7 points better than 0
View Quote

That is Dotson and what I was planning to do.  McCloud for Atlanta also an emergency option.  

But then I thought I could just bench AJ and risk looking the fool if he plays and does well, and start Jameson Williams.
Link Posted: 9/14/2024 7:00:36 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By FG24U:
View Quote

I hate injuries and I know I’m sure to have a few.  That’s why in the late rounds of the draft I like to draft the backups
Link Posted: 9/14/2024 7:21:05 PM EDT
[#50]

@mars87

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/219476/1000010357-3322150.jpg
View Quote

As expected. I can't help but feel I should try and flip Mason to the CMC owner. Hurts + Mason for Allen + Montgomery? But then I'd have Monty and Gibbs...
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top