Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

ARFCOM 101 (Page 7 of 25)
Page / 25
Link Posted: 5/18/2009 7:59:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: muzlblast] [#1]
Originally Posted By JT_26:

Please, please someone find Ellie's thread  I laughed so hard I got sick.

<a href="http://img145.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ellie035.jpg" target="_blank">http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/5816/ellie035.jpg</a>

Ellie the Rock Climbing chick FTW!!!

ETA page seven ownage
Kudos to you MaH!
Link Posted: 5/18/2009 8:30:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Dude.  You rule.
Link Posted: 5/18/2009 8:42:57 PM EDT
[#3]
This thread is epic lulz
Link Posted: 5/18/2009 8:44:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Ahh this thread brings back some good memories and enlightens me on other things. I needed a good laugh.
Link Posted: 5/18/2009 9:29:22 PM EDT
[#5]
You guys are slipping.

What about RachelF?  How have we made it 6 pages without that?
Link Posted: 5/18/2009 10:55:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Anybody remember the......

"I got 800lbs. of FREE AMMO"

....... thread which ended up with tons of us saying "dude you are going to get robbed".

That thread was followed a week later by....

"My house was robbed"

.....thread which led to a metric fuck ton of "WE TOLD YOU SO"

Link Posted: 5/18/2009 11:38:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Taxman and ammo fort...
Link Posted: 5/19/2009 3:26:23 AM EDT
[#8]
You missed the banned word.  It started with a "T", had a round thing, "Del-Ton" gives money to this site((go them) look at the last letter), and is the first and fourth letter of "Kooky".
Link Posted: 5/19/2009 3:33:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Maxxx:
You missed the banned word.  It started with a "T", had a round thing, "Del-Ton" gives money to this site((go them) look at the last letter), and is the first and fourth letter of "Kooky".

SO lost.
Link Posted: 5/19/2009 8:53:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Maxxx:

not true.  

T_NK, the word by which you may never buy a vowel has been mentioned at least a couple of times already.  

Link Posted: 5/19/2009 9:14:57 AM EDT
[#11]
'Barrel Fluting By Dremel': A enthusiastic new AR-15 owner posts a thread entitled "Home Gunsmithing for the AR-15 equipped Patriot." In it, he gives step by step instructions on how to do an extremely poor duracouting job, mess with his sights, and other generally stupid things, but his pièce de résistance was improving the balance of his rifle by fluting his barrel with a dremel - not only faling to understand the point of fluting a barrel, but also ruining his barrel.

Dave_A and IBD_A: Dave_A, among other things, regularly debates libertarians, especially Ron Paul supporters. His presence in threads about the gold standard and other economic threads is so inevitable, posters often write IBD_A, standing for In Before Dave A.

Tony Martin: British farmer prosecuted and convicted for murder after shooting two burglers in the back with an unregistered shotgun as they were leaving his premises, used as an example by some Arfcommers of the fact that it's illegal to defend yourself in the UK, despite published Crown Prosecution Service policy documents and numerous examples to the contrary. Cited in practically every thread about the UK, as proof for any number of things.

Furry: An internet subculture dedicated to art, fiction and roleplaying featuring part-human part animal creatures. Furries hold conventions, were some dress in 'fursuits' and a small minority are rumored to engage in 'furpiles', group sex in costume. Furries are universally disliked throughout the internet, and Arfcom is no exception. That being said, there are a number of furries on Arfcom, and they seem relatively sane. Kitwulfen posts a chronicle of his journey to a furry convention each year in team.
Link Posted: 5/19/2009 9:48:42 AM EDT
[#12]
What about the "will it fly" threads.  those were a huge part of arfcom.
Link Posted: 5/19/2009 12:35:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Skillshot:

Originally Posted By Don_S:
Originally Posted By Skillshot:
This thread sucks. If you don't know what it is, you are a newfag. Do your time and get back to us.

How Are us "NewFags" suppose to learn about the old days on arfcom if we can't ask questions of the oldtimers "lightenup"
 of course I wouldn't ask you the time of day...

This whole thread objectifies the good times we had and cheapens the experience by letting all the people who had no part in it "feel" like they are one of the group. Now they can be in on the joke. yippee. Group hug.

So what is the cut-off date to be one of the group? Maybe us "NewFags" can start are own group and complain about you, and other assholes like you.
Link Posted: 5/19/2009 2:48:40 PM EDT
[#14]
VERY few things make me literally LOL.  While reading the "Ryan's Steak House" and the "Squirrel Attack" stories I was laughing so hard, tears were streaming down my face.  I haven't had a laugh like that in a long, long time (months, if not years).  Thanks, MaH!  You da man!
Link Posted: 5/19/2009 3:55:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AJ-IN-JAX] [#15]
Originally Posted By Vaux:
VERY few things make me literally LOL.  While reading the "Ryan's Steak House" and the "Squirrel Attack" stories I was laughing so hard, tears were streaming down my face.  I haven't had a laugh like that in a long, long time (months, if not years).  Thanks, MaH!  You da man!

I missed the "squirrel attack" but did read the "Ryan's Steak House" one.

There's another one too..........

ETA:  OK for some reason I can't find this in ARFCOM's archives, but did find it posted somewhere else.

By: John_Wayne777

Some days defy description....

After finding out that the local FFL doing a transfer on a S&W M&P pistol for me STILL has not gotten the package (making me wonder if the package is lost or stolen at this point...) I get a call from the family saying they want to go grab something to eat.

So I says to myself, "Self", I says...."A nice dinner out will be relaxing and will take your mind off of your MIA handgun for a while. Let's do it!"

So I meet everyone at the restaurant and look forward to a nice relaxing hour or so....but as soon as I walk in I see Jimmy Carter's mug on a TV where they are running CNN. At that moment some part of my brain said "You should probably just turn around and go home. Nothing good can come of this." ...but being the rational person I am I dismissed this instinct because it was, after all, just a former President on TV...not an omen.

~ continued at link

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9899

Link Posted: 5/19/2009 9:23:45 PM EDT
[#16]
I have been around a while but still don't know the full "pressure washer" story.  Could you add that to the list, please, or at least provide a link to the thread?  Thanks
Link Posted: 5/19/2009 9:50:06 PM EDT
[#17]

Squirrel attack is hilarious. As a rider, I'd hate to have that happen to me. Since he made it out (relatively) unscathed, it's hilarious.

I had to stop reading Ryan's a few times. There were moments where I couldn't read more than two lines before having to stop and wipe away tears/catch my breath.
Link Posted: 5/20/2009 12:10:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: mtechgunman] [#18]
Haven't read all 7 pages but don't forget about "Wing Hunt"
the thread I long to forget

EDIT:

It was mentioned at the bottom of page 3:

Originally Posted By ByteTheBullet:

I don't have it here, but the French Surrender magazine cover comes to mind.

and the ever so popular Wing Hunt thread. That poor guy lost his job over that thread.

ByteTheBullet  (-:

Link Posted: 5/20/2009 12:14:31 AM EDT
[#19]
I believe a note should be added to Showercookie that it is the longest running thread that is not locked out, nor in the archives.
Link Posted: 5/20/2009 3:02:57 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By AJ-IN-JAX:

ETA:  OK for some reason I can't find this in ARFCOM's archives, but did find it posted somewhere else.

After finding out that the local FFL doing a transfer on a S&W M&P pistol for me STILL has not gotten the package (making me wonder if the package is lost or stolen at this point...) I get a call from the family saying they want to go grab something to eat.

So I says to myself, "Self", I says...."A nice dinner out will be relaxing and will take your mind off of your MIA handgun for a while. Let's do it!"

So I meet everyone at the restaurant and look forward to a nice relaxing hour or so....but as soon as I walk in I see Jimmy Carter's mug on a TV where they are running CNN. At that moment some part of my brain said "You should probably just turn around and go home. Nothing good can come of this." ...but being the rational person I am I dismissed this instinct because it was, after all, just a former President on TV...not an omen.

~ continued at link

That's the funniest thing i've read in my entire life.
Link Posted: 5/20/2009 3:51:37 AM EDT
[#21]
Pvt. Rootbeer.
Link Posted: 5/20/2009 12:46:55 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By FrankSymptoms:
Pvt. Rootbeer.

I'd forgotten about him!
Link Posted: 5/20/2009 8:28:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Don't forget "here toy go".

My archive search fails me.
Link Posted: 5/20/2009 8:29:19 PM EDT
[#24]
How about this thread Zombies.  Its a rare animal of its kind!
Link Posted: 5/20/2009 8:52:29 PM EDT
[#25]
mhoffman, I am HONORED, I say HONORED to be included in "ARFCOM 101!"

Thank you!
Link Posted: 5/20/2009 8:53:29 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By JakeThePimp:
Deej86 remembers everything, yes everything.

-JTP

and I thank you for nominating me for an entry in ARFCOM 101!
Link Posted: 5/20/2009 10:44:05 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Deej86:

-JTP

you should post the link to that thread of like 19 pages of people asking you to bring up facts about them

inlcuding me
Link Posted: 5/20/2009 11:30:58 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By AJ-IN-JAX:

~ continued at link

That was hysterical. I added it to the SEC, Ryan's, Fire on a plane, thread.
Link Posted: 5/21/2009 9:33:34 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Deech:
Originally Posted By Deej86:

-JTP

you should post the link to that thread of like 19 pages of people asking you to bring up facts about them

inlcuding me

24 pages

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=855825

Link Posted: 5/21/2009 11:38:21 AM EDT
[#30]
You are right, that was the funniest thing I have read in a very long time
Link Posted: 5/21/2009 12:10:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AeroE] [#31]
Link Posted: 5/21/2009 3:04:55 PM EDT
[#32]
Tagged for later amusement!
Link Posted: 5/21/2009 7:02:57 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By AeroE:
Dinner pic rules:

An AR15.com dinner pic requires -

a loaded firearm (magazine must be in the firearm),

a reload,

a pistol and rifle are best,

a homeland defense knife,

food on a porcelain plate,

one place setting,

all necessary eating utensils,

plates must match,

cloth napkin,

a stapler,

a measuring device (tape measure, scale, yardstick, etc.)

a book,

Alcohol or other adult beverage (this one is waivable),

no Mountain Dew,

drink in a clear glass (not decorated with the Flintstones or other cartoon characters),

no "pita pockets" or similar frozen garbage from a box,

no tupperware,

no plastic forks or knives.

Artistic and tasteful arrangement of the table is necessary for high scores.

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

Important philosophical discussion on this topic:

Originally Posted By jerjon:
Originally Posted By Zack3g:

All that stapler and ruler and ridiculous nonsense are just that.

AMEN BROTHER

n00bs. Both of ya.

The rules are clear. The requirements are intense and dismissing the 'nonsense' items defeats the purpose of posting.

It reminds me of kids with fart cans on their "Type-R" accords that think that 'they' know everything.

You don't.

The dinner pics are a tradition. Either respect the tradition or STFU. Clear?

Food and Guns = Boring. We've all seen it.

What you should be trying to accomplish is something unique and interesting while respecting the rules of the game.

TRG

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––-

Subnet:  Food + gun are mandatory. The rest is subjective, and THAT is why they're fun. You can never win or get it right.

TRG:   Exactly. Constructing the 'perfect' dinner pic is suposed to be difficult. It should be impossible to 'get right' and the list of arcane requirements are meant to be clouded in mystery and mystique.

Create the perfect dish, assemble ALL the required items. Frame the shot and present the results to the audience, who will then search for each item, and declare you a failure because you DID leave out a required item.

Enjoy it, play by the rules or GTFO.

Sterling18:  Testify my brother, Testify.... You miss the extra stuff and it's minus point. It's all about RESPECT for the tradition.  

Agreed.  This is the standard by which dinner pics are judged.  Anything less is failure.
Link Posted: 5/21/2009 7:51:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sniper7] [#34]
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=876408
this needs to get added ASAP.
guy shoots his own revolver.  epic failure.

I fail at getting this to hot link

Link Posted: 5/21/2009 8:17:50 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By sniper7:

Link Posted: 5/21/2009 8:44:09 PM EDT
[#36]

Originally Posted By PooFire:

Originally Posted By sniper7:

sorry man, but you made arfcom news with this one

Link Posted: 5/21/2009 10:20:22 PM EDT
[#37]
Hielo's bathroom

Burgers from ground beef
Link Posted: 5/21/2009 10:32:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: gunrun78] [#38]
In on none............
Link Posted: 5/21/2009 10:33:21 PM EDT
[#39]
Just thought of another one - when Kpel308's SO tried to bite his balls off.here
Link Posted: 5/22/2009 12:13:31 AM EDT
[#40]
Wow, I just saw this thread.

Let me make this clear: no matter what pictures you may have seen, I am not gay.

Link Posted: 5/22/2009 1:01:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: www-glock19-com] [#41]
I searched but cannot remember the thread title

Who was the member working at a motel that shot a armed robber and posted the security camera footage on you tube?

found the video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sECV2MVYEWI
Link Posted: 5/22/2009 8:42:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AeroE] [#42]
Link Posted: 5/22/2009 11:45:46 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By www-glock19-com:
I searched but cannot remember the thread title

Who was the member working at a motel that shot a armed robber and posted the security camera footage on you tube?

found the video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sECV2MVYEWI

I remember that video, always good to see. Didn't know he was a member here.
Link Posted: 5/22/2009 8:56:04 PM EDT
[#44]
I have a question what is JBT when in reference to cops? I don't think it is the John butler trio that is all my Googlefu turned up.
Link Posted: 5/22/2009 8:58:26 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By E-Mag:
I have a question what is JBT when in reference to cops? I don't think it is the John butler trio that is all my Googlefu turned up.

Jack Booted Thug.
Link Posted: 5/22/2009 9:01:24 PM EDT
[#46]
Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/23/2009 9:36:07 AM EDT
[#47]
Muddydog's epic 80 page bigfoot thread was epically epic in its epicness

Link Posted: 5/24/2009 2:45:02 PM EDT
[#48]
Thanks. Damn funny stuff I would of never found.
Link Posted: 5/24/2009 3:09:06 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By doc_Zox:
Muddydog's epic 80 page bigfoot thread was epically epic in its epicness

That's true. That thread changed my summer and the way I look at the woods.
Link Posted: 5/24/2009 11:01:19 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 25
ARFCOM 101 (Page 7 of 25)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top