User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/28/2018 4:28:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No contest. Addam’s family hands down.

Morticia is smoking hot and, as a kid, I wanted to be Gomez when I grew up.

They hold the test of time, better as well.
View Quote
You and me both man.
Link Posted: 10/28/2018 5:29:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

What's even stranger is that she's four years older than I am.

She's Wednesday because when she was a little girl she used to conduct funerals for deceased small animals and birds that she found.  The other little kids in the neighborhood would attend.
View Quote

Perfect!  
Link Posted: 10/28/2018 6:11:14 PM EDT
[#3]
The Munsters was a much bigger hit on the playground.
Link Posted: 10/28/2018 6:11:37 PM EDT
[#4]
I liked the Munsters theme song a lot more.

Which one had Clyde, under the stairs?  My older brother was terrified of Clyde.  That, and "the Machine" on Sesame Street.  Run from the room every time when they came on.

Munsters Opening and Closing Theme Season 2
Link Posted: 10/28/2018 6:49:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Addams
Link Posted: 10/28/2018 7:27:02 PM EDT
[#6]
This reminds me: When the First Movie came out and I went to see it, the cashier asked me what movie I wanted to see. I snapped my fingers twice and I was given my ticket without any other questions.

The Addams Family Opening Credits and Theme Song
Link Posted: 10/28/2018 8:57:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Addams Family, because Lurch.

Other reasons too, but mainly Lurch.

Side note-The children who played Wednesday and Pugsly loved Ted Cassidy, called him Uncle Ted, and stayed in contact with him long after the show wrapped up.
Link Posted: 10/28/2018 9:08:13 PM EDT
[#8]
This topic is now going to temporarily divert to become a Ted Cassidy topic.

Here's the pic,  name the movie.   After naming the movie, establish two connections between it and Star Trek.

Link Posted: 10/28/2018 9:22:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Here's the pic,  name the movie.   After naming the movie, establish two connections between it and Star Trek.

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-DU_IT5Gna3A/VLclP2xKR1I/AAAAAAAA7_Y/SPr_l_uf7SE/s1600/PlanetEarth2.jpg
View Quote
I don’t know that one, but I do remember him in Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid.  “Guns or knives Butch, guns or knives”.  That was my favorite movie back in the day.

Oh, and Adams Family for sure.
Link Posted: 10/28/2018 10:00:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/28/2018 10:15:42 PM EDT
[#11]
i always thought Marilyn Munster was a psychopath

she looks normal. but i always got the impression that as soon as the cameras were off, she was going to kill someone and bathe in their blood

it's like Dave Chappele's white-guys-hanging-out-with-thugs theory
Link Posted: 10/28/2018 11:02:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I don’t know that one, but I do remember him in Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid.  “Guns or knives Butch, guns or knives”.  That was my favorite movie back in the day.

Oh, and Adams Family for sure.
View Quote
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid (1969) - Knife Fight Scene (1/5) | Movieclips
Link Posted: 10/28/2018 11:09:01 PM EDT
[#13]
I SHOULD vote Munsters, as it was my entire famiies' favorite. But they were vanilla or at least desperately trying to be, while the Addams' DGAF.

Addams' DGAF.

So Addams.
Link Posted: 10/28/2018 11:09:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-DU_IT5Gna3A/VLclP2xKR1I/AAAAAAAA7_Y/SPr_l_uf7SE/s1600/PlanetEarth2.jpg
View Quote
John Saxon - Planet Earth
(or IIRC originally broadcast as Genesis II - it's been a while and maybe they were just similar?)

I think it was a Roddenberry script or production
and the bad guys looked kind of like Klingons
Link Posted: 10/28/2018 11:11:51 PM EDT
[#15]
There's a lot of cool stuff about the Munsters.  However, Addams had better jokes and gags.
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 1:00:36 AM EDT
[#16]
Yes, Planet Earth.

Actually there are three Star Trek connections I can name at this moment.

1: It was a Gene Roddenberry flick.
2: Diana Muldaur played a major role in that movie and appeared in two episodes of the original Star Trek series.  In addition she played the Enterprise ship's chief medical officer in Star Trek: The Next Generation in season 2.
3: Ted Cassidy (Lurch) also appeared as the android Ruk in the original series Star Trek episode "What are Little Girls made of?".

Genesis II was also a Roddenberry production but shared no cast members with Star Trek or Planet Earth to the best of my knowledge.

Planet Earth starred John Saxon who is among my favorite actors.  He played the evil leader Sador in everybody's favorite classic 80s sci-fi movie that also starred John-Boy Walton (Richard Thomas) and everybody's favorite spaceship with huge tittays, Nell,  in Battle Beyond the Stars.   "We always carry a spare."..Nestor.  
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 1:13:05 AM EDT
[#17]
I liked the Munsters better, but I have bad taste.

Addams was the better show.
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 1:20:33 AM EDT
[#18]
Addams family
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 1:21:14 AM EDT
[#19]
As a kid I liked the Munsters more than the Addams.

As an adult the Addams Family had better writing and jokes.

Quoted:

Planet Earth starred John Saxon who is among my favorite actors.  He played the evil leader Sador in everybody's favorite classic 80s sci-fi movie that also starred John-Boy Walton (Richard Thomas) and everybody's favorite spaceship with huge tittays, Nell,  in Battle Beyond the Stars.   "We always carry a spare."..Nestor.  
View Quote
Roger Corman's half baked Seven Samurai clone that had one of the Magnificent Seven in it LOL. And the viking nympho chick.
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 1:21:48 AM EDT
[#20]
Both!
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 7:25:58 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 7:35:07 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 7:36:47 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 7:38:46 AM EDT
[#24]
Munsters had a drag car.
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 7:48:13 AM EDT
[#25]
Gomez and Morticia are the perfect couple.

Change my mind.
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 7:51:59 AM EDT
[#26]
Watched them both as a kid but the Addams were better. But I have to say my favorites are the movie remakes of the Addams. Can't turn past them if one's on no matter how many times I've seen them. I love me some Wednesday! "Are they made from real Girl Scouts?".
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 7:54:34 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Liked them both, but the Munsters had cooler rides
View Quote
Came to post about the car!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top