User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 4:48:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Increasing the money supply to the financial system most definitely leads to asset inflation.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
well on a serious note....now we know what causes inflation...it's increasing the money supply to the poors and not to the financial systems.
Increasing the money supply to the financial system most definitely leads to asset inflation.

so where was it since 2007?

That was 13 yeas of nothing to write home about...then all of a sudden we give out checks to the poors and BAM inflations.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 4:52:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

That was 13 yeas of nothing to write home about...then all of a sudden we give out checks to the poors and BAM inflations.
View Quote

Shutting the world down and disrupting the supply of goods also doesn't help anything. That also has a big part.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 4:53:21 PM EDT
[#3]

Link Posted: 5/12/2021 4:55:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
well on a serious note....now we know what causes inflation...it's increasing the money supply to the poors and not to the financial systems.

It'll be interesting to see if reducing/stopping payments is deflationary after all.

I'm on the overall deflation side....

ETA....I was looking for a cheap 85" TV for my Brothers hangar as a gift for putting up with me.
The prices were slowly falling after Christmas and one could be had for 950-1150. The stimulus
checks go out and the lowest price suddenly becomes 1500-1600 bucks....

Link Posted: 5/12/2021 4:57:23 PM EDT
[#5]
4.2? Around here is is easily 8
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 4:59:04 PM EDT
[#6]
what I really want to know is, is this considered stagflation yet?
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 5:00:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
what I really want to know is, is this considered stagflation yet?
View Quote

If they raise rates in an unsucessful attempt to tame it and simultaneously kill growth, yes.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 5:03:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Higher inflation was inevitable, regardless of who was going to be in the White House.
View Quote

Biden will spend $10T in first year. Pair that with more government handouts, programs, a government set on destroying the economy and debt that our grandchildren will be stuck paying off, it is a recipe for massive inflation.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 5:08:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Biden will spend $10T in first year. Pair that with more government handouts, programs, a government set on destroying the economy and debt that our grandchildren will be stuck paying off, it is a recipe for massive inflation.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Higher inflation was inevitable, regardless of who was going to be in the White House.

I'm not saying that's wrong, but we're still reaping the inflation caused already by Trump, and the two presidents before him.  

Biden will make it worse, that's pretty much guaranteed, but he hasn't done much yet.

Link Posted: 5/12/2021 6:13:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

The housing market would still be near or below 2013 lows and in-line with median household incomes as it had been for pretty much all of US history prior to the housing bubble if the Fed wasn't completely supporting the housing market by purchasing trillions in MBS. That's just one example. Doubtful that the stock market would have fully recovered post 2008 absent endless rounds of QE. I would consider that asset inflation created by the Fed.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 7:27:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Lol I suspected such a post from you
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's not a big deal...yet.  Prices dropped last April because people stopped going out and stopped buying things.  Surplus items equals lower prices.  The year of year CPI is comparing April 2020 to April 2021, of course the number is going to be a big jump.  Jan 2020 the YoY CPI was 2.5, March is dropped to 1.5, April was 0.3, and May was 0.1.  That is a 2 point drop from normal, so deduct that from this year's number...and you get 2.2% CPI based against "normal".   Not a big deal at all.

Lol I suspected such a post from you
Yup, 100% fact based response on the actual data instead of a triggered emotional response based on ignorance.

The numbers are public info and available.  Next month will be even larger.

Month over month is the real number to watch.  Up 0.8% from last month.  April 2019 was up 0.5%, June and July 2020 were up 0.5% as well.  That is why I said the number wasn't terrible yet.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 7:38:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

based on what I'm seeing in parts costs, I'm gonna guess closer to 6%.
View Quote

Based on what I am seeing in the wholesale raw bulk food cost, I would estimate 8% in April.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 7:41:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I feel like I should stock up on some stuff now, but how do you know WHAT to stock up on?
View Quote

Stock up on stuff you use.  Do you need medications, get them now.  Do you like to eat - stock up on food.  What do you buy on a weekly or monthly basis?  Stock up on that.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 7:45:06 PM EDT
[#14]
I always know what the truth is when I see SWIRE post

He’s the most consistently wrong person I’ve ever seen outside of Paul Krugman

Impressive, actually
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 7:49:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

This. Since W got in office.

TC
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 7:51:34 PM EDT
[#16]
how can you protect yourself against this?

Link Posted: 5/12/2021 7:52:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Quick, multi Trillion $$ shovels ready infrastructure plan NOW!
Fucking commies!
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 7:54:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Once the psychology changes and people start pricing in future inflation to their present purchasing decisions, that's when prices start to go crazy and becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy in a sense. If people catch on to the fact that things they are buying in a typical month are consistently rising in price, then they will start stocking up on things that they can store. Maybe buy a few extra tubes of toothpaste or some extra cereal. That's when it really starts to get out of control, and the only brakes that the Fed has, raising interest rates and unwinding their balance sheet, would kneecap this phony ass, debt orgy of an economy.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 7:55:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
how can you protect yourself against this?

View Quote

Holding physical assets and/or commodities can help, but even they aren't perfect inflation hedges.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 7:55:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Bought miners and silver ETF.

Thought to myself, "they are going to announce record high inflation, maybe i can balance out my shitty tech stocks with some PM's" but no luck
View Quote

You’re fighting the fed doing that. They stomp their foot on the PM scale.

It’s a patient man’s game.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 7:58:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Holding physical assets and/or commodities can help, but even they aren't perfect inflation hedges.
View Quote

bought some silver a month ago, thinking of ditcing my stonks and crypto and getting physical assets and supplies
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 8:15:57 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

TC
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

TC

Truth.  The groundwork for our backward ass economy has been laid for years.  Were it will end, no one really knows, because the basic laws of economics are no longer in play. The system is so highly manipulated that the result will be dependent on the yet to be imagined ridiculous actions of man, all done in the name of saving an economy that is "to big to fail."
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top