BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 8:57:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Have you seen what happened to the PS5?

Buyers were using bots to scoop up entire inventories before other customers even had a chance at one, then flipped them for obscene prices.

That's exactly price gouging.
View Quote
Oh boy.
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 9:02:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Were you prevented from using such methods?

Companies use such methods all the time. I recall a presentation at DEFCON where a guy explained how he made a bot to buy cheap used cars before other companies could from some supplier with their bots and there was a bot war over these used cars.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They are using a means to obtain the product that otherwise wouldn't allow them to get that much inventory bought up.

Were you prevented from using such methods?

Companies use such methods all the time. I recall a presentation at DEFCON where a guy explained how he made a bot to buy cheap used cars before other companies could from some supplier with their bots and there was a bot war over these used cars.

Probably, I don't know how to use that shit. I would probably have tried to order online like everyone else.

Really it's the retailers that fucked it up, but it was basically a forced shortage by a few people scooping up entire runs of inventory. A simple company policy for new releases being one per customer would have stopped it.

Sure it's the free market in action, but some parties are playing dirty pool when it comes to buying inventory.

Imagine if it wasn't something like a PS5, but a commodity required for survival. All hell would break loose.
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 9:02:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I laugh at people who believe there is such a thing as price gouging
View Quote

Yep.  Closet Democrats.

Let me put my entire family on a hastily assembled raft to cross 90 miles of open ocean to escape capitalism, said no one ever.

The market determines prices. You think the prices are too high? Then don't buy, sell instead.  Desperately need something? Pay the market price.  Or move to Venezuela and stand in a food line, comrade.

During this panic I sold ammo I couldn't use and a pistol I hated.  Life is good.
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 9:05:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Probably, I don't know how to use that shit. I would probably have tried to order online like everyone else.

Really it's the retailers that fucked it up, but it was basically a forced shortage by a few people scooping up entire runs of inventory. A simple company policy for new releases being one per customer would have stopped it.

Sure it's the free market in action, but some parties are playing dirty pool when it comes to buying inventory.

Imagine if it wasn't something like a PS5, but a commodity required for survival. All hell would break loose.
View Quote

If it’s a commodity required for survival and prices skyrocket people will step in and build up market inventory to profit and the shortage will die, provided no government intervention prevents them from doing so.

In the end everyone wins, entrepreneurs profit and those who need the goods get them.

Far better to have access to goods at high prices than to have no access at low prices.

One rule of economics in a free market is that you cannot run out of a resource, it can only become cost prohibitive.
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 9:06:46 PM EDT
[#5]
I'd work the corner to get some primers
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 9:07:10 PM EDT
[#6]
I get what OP is saying. Yes, there are people who are gouging and I'd never do business with one of them. Some here have voiced how proud to brag how they took advantage of others. Nothing can justify such behavior. They are not being honest and I don't do business with people who are little more than carpetbaggers and con artists. The good businessman never, ever screws his customer. He's in business for the long haul and does the right thing because it is the right thing. Word gets around good or bad.

You wouldn't go to a gun show just to get royally ripped off. Gun shows have not done a good job of protecting their reputation, much less protecting new people to the gun world from predatory dealers. It is showing as people stop going. I don't go to a gun show to buy jerky.
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 9:07:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Start a poll on who's the real dirt bag.  I think OP would be surprised.
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 9:09:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Notes OP’s feedback. Also OP hates freedom along with a bunch of others around this place. Muh price. OMG a guy bought 6 KAC uppers and its my business what he does with them. Commies. Dont like the prices dont buy and move along. Simple as that. I love freedom.
View Quote

Freedom is not a cover for carpetbaggers and con artists and you know it.
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 9:11:20 PM EDT
[#9]
OP sounds butthurt
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 9:15:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I get what OP is saying. Yes, there are people who are gouging and I'd never do business with one of them. Some here have voiced how proud to brag how they took advantage of others. Nothing can justify such behavior. They are not being honest and I don't do business with people who are little more than carpetbaggers and con artists. The good businessman never, ever screws his customer. He's in business for the long haul and does the right thing because it is the right thing. Word gets around good or bad.

You wouldn't go to a gun show just to get royally ripped off. Gun shows have not done a good job of protecting their reputation, much less protecting new people to the gun world from predatory dealers. It is showing as people stop going. I don't go to a gun show to buy jerky.
View Quote
I am not a business.  In either case, the asking price is what the market will bare.  No more, no less.  You don't have to buy the item, someone will.
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 9:25:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I am not a business.  In either case, the asking price is what the market will bare.  No more, no less.  You don't have to buy the item, someone will.
View Quote

The other bit fundamental thing people seem to miss is that people should be able to tell others what they are willing to part with their property for. If no one buys it than clearly their property is not worth parting with, if they do wish to part with it they will lower their prices.
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 9:25:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Notes OP’s feedback. Also OP hates freedom along with a bunch of others around this place. Muh price. OMG a guy bought 6 KAC uppers and its my business what he does with them. Commies. Dont like the prices dont buy and move along. Simple as that. I love freedom.

False again. The price is exactly what people are willing to pay. No more. No less. They are not being forced to pay those prices. They dont have to pay. They can look elsewhere or not buy. Its called freedom. You hate it. I love it.
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 9:25:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's your reputation. You want to take advantage of people says a lot about you.

Price gouging refers to when retailers and others take advantage of spikes in demand by charging exorbitant prices for necessities, often after a natural disaster or other state of emergency. Thirty-nine states, Guam, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and the District of Columbia have statutes or regulations that defining price gouging during a time of disaster or emergency. In most states, price gouging is set as a violation of unfair or deceptive trade practices law. Most of these laws provide for civil penalties, as enforced by the state attorney general, while some state laws also enforce criminal penalties for price gouging violations.

[url=https://www.ncsl.org/research/financial-services-and-commerce/price-gouging-state-statutes.aspx]

Link Posted: 7/12/2021 9:27:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

They are using a means to obtain the product that otherwise wouldn't allow them to get that much inventory bought up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Buyers were using bots to scoop up entire inventories before other customers even had a chance at one, then flipped them for obscene prices.

Then PlayStation mispriced their product, or failed to produce enough. Likely both.

Price gouging doesn’t exist. The price is the price.

Not relevant.
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 9:27:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

It's your reputation. You want to take advantage of people says a lot about you.

Price gouging refers to when retailers and others take advantage of spikes in demand by charging exorbitant prices for necessities, often after a natural disaster or other state of emergency. Thirty-nine states, Guam, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and the District of Columbia have statutes or regulations that defining price gouging during a time of disaster or emergency. In most states, price gouging is set as a violation of unfair or deceptive trade practices law. Most of these laws provide for civil penalties, as enforced by the state attorney general, while some state laws also enforce criminal penalties for price gouging violations.

[url=https://www.ncsl.org/research/financial-services-and-commerce/price-gouging-state-statutes.aspx]

View Quote

Oh well if the government says it’s wrong it must be. After all the government knows economics REALLY well.
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 9:29:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Oh well if the government says it’s wrong it must be. After all the government knows economics REALLY well.
View Quote

That was very lame. Just admit you're wrong.
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 9:29:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote
The last time PR had a natural disaster, we "the US" shipped in a bunch of water.  The local delivery drivers refused to deliver it, because they said they weren't getting paid enough money to do it.  Free water, clearly wasn't cheap enough for them to save even themselves.

The price is what the market will bare.  If it's needed bad enough, a deal will be struck.  If a deal isn't struck, the owner either wasn't willing to sell it, or the buyer didn't want it bad enough.
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 9:30:08 PM EDT
[#18]
I laugh when they come at me with shit like this: “Oh noes, the $$$ rifle came with polymer sights so I am OUT OF HERE MISTER!”.

LMAO you never had the money in the first place? Magpul? Anyone ever heard of that company and what they make?
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 9:30:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote
He isn't wrong.
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 9:30:29 PM EDT
[#20]
OP If you don’t like the price feel free to not buy otherwise it’s none of your business.
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 9:31:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Before coming to ARFCOM, I used to believe that price gouging was an evil thing.  Turns out, it's just Capitalism.  Who knew?
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 9:33:00 PM EDT
[#22]
Lol good luck getting AK prices back to "normal". Its a reality of imports and parts kits drying up.

Hell a Bulgy 5.45 is an easy 1800+ gun now. I can't even imagine what a Krink parts kit would sell for.
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 9:33:39 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I sold a bunch of my fort for reasonable prices, I’m not going to live long enough to shoot it all.
Or will I?
Either way, I made some cash and hooked people up when there was nothing to be had.

I’ve lived these cycles before.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/12/2021 9:36:09 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
"I know what I have"
View Quote

Don't waste my time.
Or yours!
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 9:38:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Have you ever even heard the names Milton Friedman or Thomas Sowell?
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 9:38:36 PM EDT
[#26]
I'll pay a premium to members who at least post pics
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 9:39:11 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Before coming to ARFCOM, I used to believe that price gouging was an evil thing.  Turns out, it's just Capitalism.  Who knew?
View Quote

People who have thought about the subject longer than 35 minutes.
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 9:44:02 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That "gouging" is the only thing keeping shelves from going bare and allows those products to get to people who actually need them.
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 9:45:18 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Pretty sure it's frowned upon here to call members dirtbags...
View Quote
Yea I am 98% positive it's pretty rude
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 10:02:21 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm in the business of selling ammo and gun parts/accessories and I charge market price for items I sell.  Why should I sell for low prices just so neckbeards can buy me out and make all the profit in a panic market?  That's leaving money on the table.  Idiot buyers are the ones driving prices to ridiculous levels, why blame the seller for trying to make money.

The same 9mm ammo that I was selling the last year for up to $40/box I had on my gun show tables the previous years for $12/box.  I'm sure everybody then thought I was gouging by trying to make more than $1 on a box of ammo.  It's not my fault people wait for high prices to stock up.
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 10:09:30 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I'd work the corner to get some primers
View Quote
if you were in KS I would say you have purty lips for a man......... LOL

Link Posted: 7/12/2021 10:10:58 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

The other bit fundamental thing people seem to miss is that people should be able to tell others what they are willing to part with their property for. If no one buys it than clearly their property is not worth parting with, if they do wish to part with it they will lower their prices.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

such is life in a free market economy, both are right, the price is what the market will bear.

Link Posted: 7/12/2021 10:22:33 PM EDT
[#33]
If you don't like the price don't buy.   Wait.

If you act like a bitch people are going to treat you like a bitch.
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 10:31:24 PM EDT
[#34]

Link Posted: 7/12/2021 10:34:05 PM EDT
[#35]
Interesting seeing someone with actual negative feedback calling others dirtbags.
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 10:37:58 PM EDT
[#36]
OP doesn’t know what price gouging means.
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 10:44:50 PM EDT
[#37]
Market value is market value. They just don't realize the values aren't as high as they were two months ago.

That said I think damn near everything is high on EE.
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 10:48:23 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I find it hilarious as I'm browsing through the EE and looking at posts where people are still price gouging. It's like "no bro, nobody is going to pay $1000 more for your kac upper or $700 for your case of 9mm or $2300 for your arsenal." It warms my heart knowing those dirt bags are still trying to sell said item after months, and I wasn't stupid enough to do that like some people out there. Have fun with your $10k in product you can't sell anymore lol.
View Quote
Which upper and $1000 more than what?  Could be a bargain.
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 10:49:41 PM EDT
[#39]
It's impossible to price gouge on luxury items.  
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 10:50:38 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote
So? Why is anyone entitled to a PS5 at a particular price?

Link Posted: 7/12/2021 10:54:30 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I find it hilarious as I’m browsing through the EE and looking at posts where people are still price gouging. It’s like “no bro, nobody is going to pay $1000 more for your kac upper or $700 for your case of 9mm or $2300 for your arsenal.” It warms my heart knowing those dirt bags are still trying to sell said item after months, and I wasn’t stupid enough to do that like some people out there. Have fun with your $10k in product you can’t sell anymore lol.
View Quote

The only people I've ever heard use the word price gouging are Socialists or Communists.  Which one are you, OP?
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 10:56:39 PM EDT
[#42]
Assholes need to stop price gouging me on NVDA stock. I'm willing to pay $5 a share and that's it!  It's not fair Vangard and Blackrock bought all the shares with their bots and drove the price up.  You should be limited to 1 share per person, per visit.
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 10:59:00 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They're not, it's a luxury item.
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 10:59:17 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

Good catch...  gives me a secondary reason to click him.  

Two people I don’t want to do business with:

1)  Communists
2)  Welchers

In this thread we have a twofer
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 11:00:59 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
It's impossible to price gouge
View Quote

FIFY
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 11:01:20 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

What if it's a mod that's also a cop?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, you can't call a SPECIFIC member a dirtbag.

What if it's a mod that's also a cop?

I love this place.
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 11:01:42 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

This and op's troll post trying to stir shit up by name calling.
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 11:03:28 PM EDT
[#48]
Don't buy it if the price is too high for you.
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 11:06:36 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

No, you can't call a SPECIFIC member a dirtbag.

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 11:06:54 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Literally not price gouging as it literally does not exist
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top