Warning

 

Close
Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Cancel Confirm
AR15.COM
Previous Page
/ 2
Next Page
8/30/2017 10:19:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Quote History
Quoted:


Lori Petty's awesome. She's so real and believable. She was awesome in that baseball movie and as Tank Girl. She's not conventionally hot, though. They could have gotten someone sexier, but they would have lost something IMHO. A Hollywood girl would have stuck out, except for another quirky girl like Fairuza Balk.
View Quote
Petty never looked better than she did in Point Break.

PB is Katheryn Bigelow's best movie.

"It's cool, lots of guys your age are learning to surf. There's nothing wrong with it."

"Dude, I'm 25."

"That's what I'm saying, it's never too late."
8/30/2017 12:27:10 PM EDT
[#2]
No doubt, Sawyze left a void and a mark in Hollywood. Point Break, Roadhouse, Dirty Dancing, RedDawn, Ghost etc.... He was a great actor. 
8/30/2017 12:32:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Great movie
8/30/2017 12:33:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Quote History
Quoted:


Anthony and Flea had several cool cameos in films. Henry Rollins was another musician that popped up in some weird roles.
View Quote
Lee Ving
8/30/2017 12:34:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Quote History
Quoted:


Petty never looked better than she did in Point Break.

PB is Katheryn Bigelow's best movie.

"It's cool, lots of guys your age are learning to surf. There's nothing wrong with it."

"Dude, I'm 25."

"That's what I'm saying, it's never too late."
View Quote
"Come on, Angelo. This is for little rubber people who don't shave yet...."
8/30/2017 12:38:44 PM EDT
[#6]
8/30/2017 12:49:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Johnny Fucking Utah!  Sorry, man.



You're a real blue flame special, aren't you, son? Young, dumb and full of cum.  I know. What I don't know is how you got assigned here. Guess we must just have ourselves an asshole shortage, huh?

Not so far.
8/30/2017 12:57:47 PM EDT
[#8]
It's a classic. "They only live to get radical"
8/30/2017 12:58:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Quote History
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Pappas: I'm so hungry I could eat the ass end out of a dead rhino, I should have had you get me three of these things!
8/30/2017 1:04:53 PM EDT
[#10]
"I'm so hungry I could eat the ass-end out of a dead rhino."




Edit: ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ beat me to it.
8/30/2017 1:07:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Roach: [about surfing] There's nothing as exhilarating, man. Not even sex.
Tyler: Maybe you're not doing it right, Roach.
8/30/2017 1:46:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Quote History
Quoted:
PB is Katheryn Bigelow's best movie.
View Quote
Huh? Not even close. "Near Dark" and "Strange Days" were both far, far better.

"Point Break" is fun, mainly because it's so stupid. It's not actually "good" in any way.
8/30/2017 1:54:59 PM EDT
[#13]
I like scene when Utah and Lori Petty were at Bodhi's party and she told him he's got that kamikazi look in his eye and that Bodhi will take him to the edge and past it.  Just the atmosphere and music playing in the background captured everything perfectly.
8/30/2017 2:19:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Quote History
Quoted:
The original was awesome, except for the actress who played Utah's love-interest.  No thanks.
View Quote
Who, Lori Petty?



Time is a motherfucker.
8/30/2017 2:23:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Name of dag in my avatar is Bodhi!

I like telling him "You gotta lay down Bodhi" in my Keanu voice.
8/30/2017 2:27:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Quote History
Quoted:
I watched like fifteen minutes of the Point Break remake, its is a dumpster fire of a movie.

Way down deep inside I was ashamed of myself for giving it fifteen minutes of my time and attention.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Quoted:
Quoted:

I refuse to watch the new one, just as I've refused to watch the new Ghostbusters.

Some things you just don't fuck around with.
I watched like fifteen minutes of the Point Break remake, its is a dumpster fire of a movie.

Way down deep inside I was ashamed of myself for giving it fifteen minutes of my time and attention.
The was going to turn it off after about 5 minutes but it was so bad, so very,very bad I had to watch the rest just go see how bad it got.

NoBody can write movies any more, no development , no investment. Just a guy going from one set piece to the next with lots of staring into the distance.
8/30/2017 2:28:14 PM EDT
[#17]
little hand says its time to rock and roll
8/30/2017 2:34:15 PM EDT
[#18]
I had no clue that Anthony Kiedis of Red Hot Chili Peppers was in it...
8/30/2017 2:36:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Quote History
Quoted:
Huh? Not even close. "Near Dark" and "Strange Days" were both far, far better.

"Point Break" is fun, mainly because it's so stupid. It's not actually "good" in any way.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
PB is Katheryn Bigelow's best movie.
Huh? Not even close. "Near Dark" and "Strange Days" were both far, far better.

"Point Break" is fun, mainly because it's so stupid. It's not actually "good" in any way.
The awful ending of Near Dark makes it her second best movie.  Neither is a "great" film in terms of the art of filmmaking, but I'd watch either over a pizza and a six pack on Friday night, and that is good enough for me.

Strange Days sucked.
8/30/2017 2:37:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Harp, I want to tell you something. I was in this bureau when you were still popping zits on your funny face and jerking off with the lingerie section of the Sears catalog.
8/30/2017 2:38:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Quote History
Quoted:
I AM AN FBI AGENT!
View Quote
No, no, no. F, B, and I are all separate words
8/30/2017 2:42:32 PM EDT
[#22]
Quote History
Quoted:
little hand says its time to rock and roll
View Quote
*hands Utah an empty Ithaca Stakeout*

"Here you go, can't have you walking through those doors with just your dick in your hand, can we?"
8/30/2017 2:48:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Quote History
Quoted:
I refuse to watch the new one, just as I've refused to watch the new Ghostbusters.

Some things you just don't fuck around with.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Stuck in the past, have not seen the new one for good reason
I refuse to watch the new one, just as I've refused to watch the new Ghostbusters.

Some things you just don't fuck around with.
True. Won't watch the new one either.
8/30/2017 2:55:37 PM EDT
[#24]
Speedstar

8/30/2017 2:56:34 PM EDT
[#25]
Full version

Skydiving / Point Break 1991
8/30/2017 2:59:52 PM EDT
[#26]
While drinking and bored some night go to YouTube and search for "point break live" which is a live show usually in a bar theater where they get Johnny Utah from the audience.

Here
8/30/2017 3:12:44 PM EDT
[#27]
Quote History
Quoted:
I actually miss Patrick, he died too early.
View Quote
The show he did right before he died was really good. At least that's how I remember it. It was called The Beast.
8/30/2017 3:19:26 PM EDT
[#28]
I ain't flying you guys to San Felipe!
View Quote
Great, tell them where we are going.
View Quote
8/30/2017 5:02:19 PM EDT
[#29]
Quote History
Quoted:


He looks like shit.
View Quote
well, he's dead so.....
8/30/2017 5:32:41 PM EDT
[#30]
Quote History
Quoted:

Huh? Not even close. "Near Dark" and "Strange Days" were both far, far better.

"Point Break" is fun, mainly because it's so stupid. It's not actually "good" in any way.
View Quote
The fuck?

Point Break is straight up awesome.  The foot chase scene has to be one of the best ever.  He picks up a dog and throws it at him.  The raid scene is awesome.  Anthony Kiedis shoots himself in the foot.  The big tittied bitch stabs the one FBI agent in the back with scissors and he slams her face in the wall.  When they run into the kitchen the one agent trips and slides across the table and slams chin first into the counter.  I don't know how they did that without fucking him up.  Bank robbery scenes...awesome.  Soundtrack...awesome.  Gary Busey.
8/30/2017 6:09:23 PM EDT
[#31]
Quote History
Quoted:
Lee Ving
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Quoted:
Quoted:


Anthony and Flea had several cool cameos in films. Henry Rollins was another musician that popped up in some weird roles.
Lee Ving
I forgot about him. That reminds me, I need to find a site that is streaming Dudes. I haven't watched that since I was a kid.
8/30/2017 6:17:05 PM EDT
[#32]
[youtube]https://youtu.be/kmvXdUaUqgA[/youtube]
8/30/2017 6:31:36 PM EDT
[#33]
This was never about the money, this was about us against the system. That system that kills the human spirit. We stand for something. We are here to show those guys that are inching their way on the freeways in their metal coffins that the human sprit is still alive.
8/30/2017 6:34:07 PM EDT
[#34]
Like.
8/30/2017 6:46:27 PM EDT
[#35]
Skydiving scene is over Lake Powell in AZ.

Go visit and relive that scene while mashing your tators.

Sign up to continue the discussion

Create a free account to share your thoughts, follow topics, and connect with the AR15.COM community.

Already a member? Sign In

Previous Page
/ 2
Next Page