Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 15
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 11:40:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ORjeepguy:

I think I'm stuck with 1kg for the AMS. I'm going to get the printer going on a storage box for my fiber laser lenses tonight, then try to organize a little bit.
This is where I unloaded out of shipping boxes.
Too many different hobbies, might need a new shelf somewhere.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/185965/20231129_080028_jpg-3043918.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/185965/20231129_080052_jpg-3043919.JPG
View Quote

You can load a roll of filament like most other printers and bypass the AMS if you want larger spools.
Link Posted: 11/30/2023 8:17:55 PM EDT
[#2]
P1S was delivered today and got it set up. Cam is crap but man this thing prints fast!
Link Posted: 11/30/2023 8:59:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Herb3:
P1S was delivered today and got it set up. Cam is crap but man this thing prints fast!
View Quote

Present your Benchy!
Link Posted: 11/30/2023 9:47:02 PM EDT
[#4]

Present your Benchy!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Present your Benchy!

No Benchy yet. Printing a "poop chute" first.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/30/2023 10:18:35 PM EDT
[#5]

No Benchy yet. Printing a "poop chute" first.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/206520/IMG_20231130_204224400_jpg-3045443.JPG
View Quote

I heard MakersMuse call it a poop chute and I laughed out loud.
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 12:24:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Mine came on Monday but I threw my back out over the weekend and finally able to stand up straight again today without nearly falling over so I got it out of the box and set up this evening.

Printed a benchy straight away and while this is the first print that I’ve done, I’ve shot video for a client that has a business centered around 3d prints and accessories so I’ve handled several, and I’m impressed with the quality.

I’ve got a small catapult going right now that is almost done that will be used to deliver treats to the fur missle.

Tomorrow I’ll print up a poop chute and other tools for the printer before I start getting into my list of items that I’ve been collecting or sketching for various projects.

I debated getting a prusa (that’s what my friend/client uses in his print farm) but the ease of this has made it clear that this was a great choice.
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 12:32:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Designed and printed a storage box for my fiber laser lenses. I have 3 more to make for the different lenses. Used the ams to add the lense diameter and focal distance. I'll change it for each of my lenses.
Few modifications needed. But I like it!

Made another benchy with the grey filament. Might do one every time I use a new color.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 8:39:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Just signed up for a random monthly filament box. Lol
3 random spools sent for 33 bucks a month.
Limited number of subscriptions available. I guess they open it up on the first of every month.
Figured what the heck.
https://numakers.com/products/nubox
Link Posted: 12/2/2023 1:03:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Limited number of subscriptions available. I guess they open it up on the first of every month.
Figured what the heck.
View Quote

It's good filament too.

It likes to be printed on the upper range of the temperature range.
Link Posted: 12/2/2023 6:38:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/2/2023 9:41:04 PM EDT
[#11]
My X1C came Thursday. This thing is awesome! I think it prints as good or better on ludicrous mode as it does standard. I am a total 3D printer and Fusion360 noob, but I made this clamp for my Kawasaki mule roll-bar. The threads came out good as well.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/3/2023 1:41:24 AM EDT
[#12]
Figured what the heck.
View Quote

Amazon has good deals that can match that. And you pick the colors
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 1:45:10 PM EDT
[#13]
I don't really follow E3D products but seems they partnered up with Bambu for an official higher flow nozzle/hotend.

https://e3d-online.com/products/hf-obx-bambu

Curious to see how this will stack up with the knockoff CHT that's been floating around Aliexpress.
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 1:56:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Well I ordered one for the hour they were still in stock. I'm not a speed freak when it comes to printing but I've had some thin prints that were more fragile than they should of been and on Reddit comments and YouTube this was attributed to the X1's speed being too much for the flow of their nozzle so we will see.
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 1:58:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By marmelstien:
Well I ordered one for the hour they were still in stock. I'm not a speed freak when it comes to printing but I've had some thin prints that were more fragile than they should of been and on Reddit comments and YouTube this was attributed to the X1's speed being too much for the flow of their nozzle so we will see.
View Quote
Keep us updated. I would love to try the .6 nozzle.
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 2:05:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Pube face has a short vid on it already.

REAL High Flow Bambu Hotend from E3D?!? - Install & Test AT E3D
Link Posted: 12/11/2023 1:21:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Bambu just released a firmware update for the X1 that includes the motor noise compensation from the A1. Holy shit, what a difference.
Link Posted: 12/11/2023 2:55:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Doing a test print with new firmware. It is much quieter.  

Maybe @-Obsessed- will jump on the Bambu Wagon with high-flow options and a quieter machine. It would be a Christmas miracle .
Link Posted: 12/11/2023 2:55:58 PM EDT
[#19]
I'm still running 1.4 firmware. lol

Maybe this time I'll upgrade if this version doesn't end up with a bunch of reported bugs.
Link Posted: 12/11/2023 3:03:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -Obsessed-] [#20]
Originally Posted By PC-Tech:
Doing a test print with new firmware. It is much quieter.  

Maybe @-Obsessed- will jump on the Bambu Wagon with high-flow options and a quieter machine. It would be a Christmas miracle .
View Quote

Hah.

My next printer, if I were to buy today, would be an X1C.

Prusa has really, really shit the bed recently. I had a multi tool head XL on preorder for nearly 18 months and I canceled my order seeing how bad initial takes were and the fact Prusa can't stabilize their supply chain for crap.

My biggest single complaint on the Bambu was volumetric flow rate. I felt it is false advertising, and still believe it is to a large degree because people don't realize I could print faster on a bedslinger with large nozzles and layer heights and a stock Bambu simply can't keep up. I don't care how fast your extruder moves, when it is limited to 12mm³/s of PETG and I'm laying down 27mm³/s with my MK3S+, you can't make up for that flow rate differential with acceleration alone.

The high flow hotend is a great upgrade and coupled with a CHT nozzle should sustain 35mm³/s I would think.

I don't care for proprietary nature, nor being locked to a particular slicer, but if it works well and does what I need it to do, I'd give it a chance. So I'm not a Never Bambuer, if that's what you're saying.

That said I was at Microcenter and some guy was shilling hard for the Bambu. It's perfect! It's plug and play! It's better than anything! NEVER a first layer issue. NEVER crashes. Meanwhile, the Bambu behind him was printing spaghetti because the part came off the bed on about the tenth layer by the looks of it. I didn't have the heart to point it out to him.

I'm holding out for a large format from Bambu. I'm sure they will have one before Josef pulls his head out of his ass with the XL.
Link Posted: 12/11/2023 3:10:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Mircocenter is opening here in Charlotte in early 2024.   I can't wait to be able to just go somewhere and pick up Filament and PC parts when I feel like it and not order them online.
Link Posted: 12/11/2023 3:15:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Mircocenter is opening here in Charlotte in early 2024.   I can't wait to be able to just go somewhere and pick up Filament and PC parts when I feel like it and not order them online.
View Quote

They are neat places but ours is overran with nerds and people living in their mom's basement that hasn't come out since they came to Microcenter last week and are still wearing the same T shirt from that excursion. Then you have the salesman that puts their little fucking tag on your product so they get their 2% commission and then if you just help yourself they will swarm you like starving pigeons and just say excuse me I just need to sticker your merchandise here...

I only go in to window shop and even then I need to take a shower when I get home.
Link Posted: 12/12/2023 4:48:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By -Obsessed-:

They are neat places but ours is overran with nerds and people living in their mom's basement that hasn't come out since they came to Microcenter last week and are still wearing the same T shirt from that excursion. Then you have the salesman that puts their little fucking tag on your product so they get their 2% commission and then if you just help yourself they will swarm you like starving pigeons and just say excuse me I just need to sticker your merchandise here...

I only go in to window shop and even then I need to take a shower when I get home.
View Quote

That Microcenter leaves a lot to be desired for all the reasons you mentioned. It seems like a store for the poors and retirees. You get a lot of people window shopping for stuff the can't afford and old guys that want to shoot the shit about their first computer or 96k modems.

They have a decent selection of filament if you need something quick but with the Amazon fulfillment center over in Brooklyn most orders through Amazon are same or next day.
Link Posted: 12/12/2023 7:47:58 PM EDT
[#24]
Finally used up the PA-CF that came with my X1C from last year.  Why oh why did BL tape both the leading end (no problem) and the tail end of the filament.  The tail end was taped to the spool axle, so when it came to near the end, the AMS thought there was a jam since it couldn't advance.  Instead of just running out into the system, it wastes about 4' of filament.  It also can't withdraw back onto the spool since the tail end of the filament ends up perpendicular to the spool, and the spool is very light and doesn't have good traction on the roll.

Just a small bitch.  Do the full rolls have this problem, or maybe they've changed their manufacturing process to not need the tape?

Also this roll should have been 0.5kg, but I swear it ran out after about 250 gm.  Only printed a couple small things and then got halfway through this new Hoffman lower
Link Posted: 12/14/2023 10:46:31 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 12/14/2023 11:53:58 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By bulldog1967:
Stopped by my local Microcenter and picked up a new A1 Combo.

I like this open AMS better than the closed one for what I want to do.
View Quote

The A1 or A1 Mini?

The A1 is going to be the last nail in the coffin for Prusa I feel.

They have turned out four printers and two AMS systems in the time it took Prusa to half-assedly release one printer. Embarrassing.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 12:15:34 AM EDT
[#27]
Yeah I think the A1 is going to be more of a "Prusa Killer" than the X1C was.

I hope BL works on their customer support now with this new lineup bringing even more new people into the printing world. I keep giving them the benefit of the doubt with them being new but they are about 18 months old now and they still seem to be struggling like they were when they were only 6 months old.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 10:00:21 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 6:01:30 PM EDT
[#29]
I grabbed a P1S combo online today, should be here next week.  The kids and I are going to screw around the week they are off for Christmas.
Link Posted: 12/19/2023 5:57:00 PM EDT
[#30]
Sorry, I have to post this.

Don't ban me RP.

Link Posted: 12/19/2023 9:47:21 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By -Obsessed-:
Sorry, I have to post this.
Don't ban me RP.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/467079/1000008612-3064710.jpg
View Quote

You're cool with me.  
We stand on the shoulders of giants.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/19/2023 9:51:28 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By mPisi:

You're cool with me.  

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/13081/1000008612-3064710_jpg-3064917.JPG
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/20/2023 1:14:02 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 12/20/2023 1:19:23 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By mPisi:

You're cool with me.  

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/13081/1000008612-3064710_jpg-3064917.JPG
View Quote

Would be more accurate to have all the shirts on the top two images all say Creality and then mix in some Prusa shirts at the bottom.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 9:56:27 PM EDT
[#35]
Haven't had a chance to print with the e3d nozzle besides calibration but already using orca slicers max flow calibration I doubled the max flow rate from 10mm3 to 20mm3 using regular PLA
Link Posted: 12/23/2023 11:56:54 PM EDT
[#36]
I bought the knockoff cht from Amazon before the e3d was released.
I have pla and asa printing set at 30 mm3/s after running the orca calibration. I didn't see any changes in layers from 20 to 35 mm3/s so I backed it off a bit and printed some gridfinity tests
I think I have to lower minimum layer times and print something larger to see a difference
Link Posted: 12/24/2023 7:20:05 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 12/24/2023 8:48:43 PM EDT
[#38]
Picked up a G10 sheet for the P1S from LightYearDirect.  I will say adhesion is really really good on it and seems to be working out so far.  A little pricey though not too bad ($45)
Link Posted: 12/25/2023 12:22:06 AM EDT
[#39]
The BL slicer got upgraded with a bunch of Prusa tools like the automatic connectors.  So I'm laying out a 30" version of the Nike of Samothrace, a preliminary run for the future life-size one I'd like to do for yard art.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 3:05:05 PM EDT
[#40]
Reports of the X1C being jailbroken are floating around.
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 3:24:08 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By tnertb:
Reports of the X1C being jailbroken are floating around.
View Quote

BambuLab X1 Custom Firmware is ALMOST Here!
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 3:56:44 PM EDT
[#42]
Just got the P1S for Christmas and Printed a couple things.  I had some prints come out pretty nice then others would fail on nozzle temp.  The nozzle temperature would go to 0 in the middle of a print for some reason.   If I cycle power and it comes right back.  I get to see how Bambu customer service is now...  
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 9:23:34 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By justanothercro:
Just got the P1S for Christmas and Printed a couple things.  I had some prints come out pretty nice then others would fail on nozzle temp.  The nozzle temperature would go to 0 in the middle of a print for some reason.   If I cycle power and it comes right back.  I get to see how Bambu customer service is now...  
View Quote

That Sucks.  Hopefully, it's simple like replacing the "Ceramic Heater & Thermistor". Have you tried reseating the cable?
Link Posted: 12/27/2023 6:56:17 AM EDT
[#44]

That Sucks.  Hopefully, it's simple like replacing the "Ceramic Heater & Thermistor". Have you tried reseating the cable?
View Quote

Yes, I inspected the cable end and reseated it with no luck.  Its just odd to me that cycling power brings the temp reading back.
Link Posted: 12/27/2023 11:05:24 PM EDT
[#45]
My wife did good for Christmas. Bought me a second AMS with hub.
Now I need to figure out how to set both AMS up. Need shelving or something.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/27/2023 11:52:38 PM EDT
[#46]
My wife did good for Christmas. Bought me a second AMS with hub.
Now I need to figure out how to set both AMS up. Need shelving or something.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/185965/20231227_184054_jpg-3073297.JPG
View Quote
Super cool.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 2:59:20 PM EDT
[#47]
my P1S came a day early on Wednesday, got it up and running. Benchy, tool organizer,  a dog figure, and a fidget.

I didn't get the AMS, cause I just can't justify it right now with what I've been printing the most.

Now trying some tpu,  looking ugly see my other thread.

Looking to print something in petg, as that's been my nemesis on my enders, no matter what I've tried.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 3:04:41 PM EDT
[#48]
I hooked up my AMS last night and it appears to be DOA. No lights, no nothing.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 4:40:41 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By chevrofreak:
I hooked up my AMS last night and it appears to be DOA. No lights, no nothing.
View Quote
I'd take the tray out of the bottom of the box and check the two plugs underneath that connect to the board on the back of the case. I could totally see those coming loose in transit.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 7:30:16 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By rcav8r:
my P1S came a day early on Wednesday, got it up and running. Benchy, tool organizer,  a dog figure, and a fidget.

I didn't get the AMS, cause I just can't justify it right now with what I've been printing the most.

Now trying some tpu,  looking ugly see my other thread.

Looking to print something in petg, as that's been my nemesis on my enders, no matter what I've tried.
View Quote
Are you only printing filament that can't run through it? It's something like $100 cheaper to buy together initially but not having to worry about running out of filament because you can completely finish a spool and have it automatically roll onto the start of the next one of the same product is very nice.
Page / 15
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top