Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/17/2017 7:22:00 PM EDT
I bought one of these

I have a couple of large bird feeders and they are drawing mice and probably rats. I want a strong poison that also the rats & mice are attracted to. Are they all the same or is one brand better than the other?
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 7:39:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Stop feeding the birds...it's summertime they'll be fine...
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 7:39:58 PM EDT
[#2]
My ex-wife's cooking.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 7:40:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Get a cat, it will take care of the rodents and birds.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 7:43:31 PM EDT
[#4]
You dont want to use those outdoors, mice eat some poison- leaves bait station, dies elsewhere and gets eaten by a hawk or something.
I aint no do-gooder but that is a bad deal. Dogs eat the bait aswell.  Just use poison indoors.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 7:44:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 7:47:40 PM EDT
[#6]
I have had real good luck with the Bromethalin bait chunks. It is the one with the red labeling in the Tomcat brand.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 7:48:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You dont want to use those outdoors, mice eat some poison- leaves bait station, dies elsewhere and gets eaten by a hawk or something.
I aint no do-gooder but that is a bad deal. Dogs eat the bait aswell.  Just use poison indoors.
View Quote
Yes that way the mouse or rat eats the poison crawls inside the wall and dies and you get to smell it rot......
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 7:49:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
Actually those bait stations are designed to use outdoors and are approved for that specifically.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 7:52:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Taco bell
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 7:56:03 PM EDT
[#10]
don't do what some colleges kids did. they packed that crap in a pigs foot and gave it to one of goldens, that was a slow horrible death
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 8:01:59 PM EDT
[#11]
As an owner of a Pest Control company that specializes in health care and food safety, I run across this all the time.

Heavy rodent pressure around assisted living home facilities due to the large number of residents with bird feeders.

Now, you can't blame the families, because they just don't know what else to get Grandpa because they sold all his shit to put him in the home. They don't allow scantly clad hookers in the resident rooms after 8pm because that's when the Matlock and Murder She Wrote re-runs are on. So they get Gramps a bird feeder which become my problem.

Now, I'm not about to tell a guy who faced German machine guns on the beaches of Normandy that he can't have his fun of watching the fucking birds and I'm taking away his feeder.

So what I do is try to have the staff, who hates me for telling them this, to rake up around the feeders every once in a while. No food source.....not rodents. But that rarely happens. So I place out a few bait stations to Dept of Ag specs. And in it, I put First Strike.

Now.....this is Arfcom and even though I do this for a living.....even specializing in this type of problem and now have franchised my business......I will be told that I have no clue what I'm talking about and people will tell you all kinds of other remedies.

What I'm telling you is this. Keep the area clean and if you need a quick clean out, with a product I tested with my guys again and again in all kinds of situations.....Go Lipatech. Yes, it's expensive. I only use the best for my customers. This shit is the best.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 8:10:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
...Go Liphatech. Yes, it's expensive. I only use the best for my customers. This shit is the best.
View Quote

http://www.liphatech.com/
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 8:12:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
As an owner of a Pest Control company that specializes in health care and food safety, I run across this all the time.

Heavy rodent pressure around assisted living home facilities due to the large number of residents with bird feeders.

Now, you can't blame the families, because they just don't know what else to get Grandpa because they sold all his shit to put him in the home. They don't allow scantly clad hookers in the resident rooms after 8pm because that's when the Matlock and Murder She Wrote re-runs are on. So they get Gramps a bird feeder which become my problem.

Now, I'm not about to tell a guy who faced German machine guns on the beaches of Normandy that he can't have his fun of watching the fucking birds and I'm taking away his feeder.

So what I do is try to have the staff, who hates me for telling them this, to rake up around the feeders every once in a while. No food source.....not rodents. But that rarely happens. So I place out a few bait stations to Dept of Ag specs. And in it, I put First Strike.

Now.....this is Arfcom and even though I do this for a living.....even specializing in this type of problem and now have franchised my business......I will be told that I have no clue what I'm talking about and people will tell you all kinds of other remedies.

What I'm telling you is this. Keep the area clean and if you need a quick clean out, with a product I tested with my guys again and again in all kinds of situations.....Go Lipatech. Yes, it's expensive. I only use the best for my customers. This shit is the best.
View Quote
Even though I am not the OP, I am going to thank you for the advice.

We have been fighting an ongoing battle with rats at my house since we moved in a few years ago. Over $5,000 worth of vehicle damage and counting, would be even higher if I wasn't handy with a wrench and a soldering iron.

Have about a dozen bait stations, currently using Contrac Blox that were very effective at first but now the rats seem to be avoiding them. I go to refill and find many of the stations untouched. This happens regardless of if we place them in the same spot or relocate.

Same issue here (food sources) but in our case it is neighbors with livestock and us having numerous fruit trees and a large vegetable garden.

Sigh, First Strike is not available in California. Yay.....
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 8:20:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 8:23:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote
What would you recommend for bushy tailed rats?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top